Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Extramarital Affairs.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 venndiagram
Msg: 150
Extramarital Affairs.Page 7 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
If he had had an affair during that time, I wouldn't have blamed him, or thought less of him for seeking comfort I was unable to give him. And I truly mean that. Yes, it would have been cheating. It also might have been survival for him, and in an odd way for our marriage.

"see, THIS is why marriage is such a joke. People think that the second something less than perfect happens, its the perfect time to run and sleep with someone else. People enter into marriages too quickly and easily, and thus cheating happens so much."

Wow. First of all I said IF he'd had an affair (which he didn't) I wouldnt have ended my marriage over it. IMO people are too quick to,the second something less than perfect happens, its the perfect time to run and get a divorce.

True love tries to understand, care, and forgive less than perfection.

How dare you say because of my position on this that my marriage was a joke. My marriage was entered into neither quickly nor easily, and we both made many sacrifices for each other along the way. Just because of what happened with your parents, don't try and equate that with the situation I was talking about. And believe me, you don't and wont ever, know the full and true story about your parents' marriage.
 daynadaze
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/13/2011 12:53:38 PM
People aren't 'too quick' to end a marriage if they are cheated on, just because you wouldn't have or didn't end yours when your husband would have had to look else where for sex. That's your way of working on something, that doesn't mean a thing to others who would not stay in a relationship with a cheating spouse. In fact if you told your husband to go ahead and seek sex outside of marriage then that's not cheating that's an agreement, but if you didn't tell him to go ahead but expected him to, then that's pretty cruel if you think it through. I have no idea how it actually worked in your personal situation, but I think it's quite a leap to go from your situation to saying other people just breakup too quickly. Cheating is hardly a small snag in a marriage.
 MissNoWhere
Msg: 152
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/13/2011 4:01:36 PM

IMO people are too quick to,the second something less than perfect happens, its the perfect time to run and get a divorce.

That is your opinion, just like it's my opinion that if my *ex* were to cheat on me that I would have left him a long time before investing a mere 15 years. I know, I know, you posted earlier that 10-20 years is a short-term marriage, but goodness knows that it felt like a lot longer than that! You weren't there so you don't know the specifics of my marriage, much like I don't know (nor want to know) the specifics of yours.

The OP posted something, got attention for several reasons (one of which is calling himself a writer - pssshhhh) and annoyed posters with his crappy tagline. He got attention, albiet not positive attention, but remember, sometimes children who are considered "bad" are really just crying out for attention.

Kit28
Msg: 153
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/14/2011 10:15:48 AM
To the OP. Obviously you've never REALLY loved another or you wouldn't have to ask this question.

I'm sad that you've never felt that. And in the same breath, I have to say if you ever TRUELY love someone besides yourself, I hope they reciprocate by f*cking your best friend. Go Karma!
 foreverstacey
Msg: 154
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/14/2011 10:36:30 AM

How dare you say because of my position on this that my marriage was a joke. My marriage was entered into neither quickly nor easily, and we both made many sacrifices for each other along the way. Just because of what happened with your parents, don't try and equate that with the situation I was talking about. And believe me, you don't and wont ever, know the full and true story about your parents' marriage.

When I was discussing that, it had nothing to do with you or what you wrote. The first part did however. HONESTLY, you dont know what you would do or say if he had seeked sex from someone else, since he never did. Maybe you would have reacted in a different way then "HEY lets work on this." All I'm saying is someone can't truly love you or even care about you, if they're going to put your health (emotional and physical health) at risk like that.

As for my parents, I'm living proof that cheating doesn't just affect the two "consenting" adults.. my dad was not careful about it, and was a terrible liar. I had suspicions, and once my parents divorced I asked him if he did. He didn't deny or confirm it, but he knows I know. Because of this, I'm a lot more sensitive to cheating and personally wouldn't put up with someone cheating on me. To each their own, you say you would, and I wouldn't.
 Vannili
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/14/2011 12:34:00 PM
Well, I never got to have any affairs when I was married, anybody here willing to marry me, so I can see what it's like to screw around on you?

Second lion , you won't dare!!! for I will write about you in CAPITAL LETTERS in this forum that it was the best extramarital affairs you ever had in your entire life...

Seeing you.

Vannili
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/14/2011 4:29:27 PM
^^^^Now that's what I call a confident woman, but you are probably right. It's been such a long time, it's for sure it would be the only one I could still remember.
 ChillinChill
Msg: 157
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/14/2011 5:45:33 PM
""If he had had an affair during that time, I wouldn't have blamed him, or thought less of him for seeking comfort I was unable to give him.""

Yeah it's all fun and games until someone ends up dying of AIDS.

be seeing you.
 Vannili
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/14/2011 6:13:13 PM
Be seeing you too chill .

At least he died of happiness with that ear to ear grin in his face...
 ComplekCity
Msg: 159
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/14/2011 6:19:21 PM
^^^^ I gotta admit, dying with an ear to ear grin on my face isn't such a bad way to go.

BS-ing you
 ChillinChill
Msg: 160
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/14/2011 8:10:22 PM
Sharing is caring....... but I draw the line when it comes to penis.

I'm funny like that.

be seeing you.
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/14/2011 8:33:34 PM
You call them "greatest", but what is the end result? What about the others involved? You do sound quite selfish, and frankly, incapable of caring about others. I do admit that, for me, married men were always hands off, for the simple fact that I would never do that to someone else (even a stranger), and certainly not to an entire family. Why, one might wonder, would you choose as a "best friend" one who knows not the meaning of the word loyalty? Methinks you need, at the very least, a dictionary. I am sorry for you.
 arwen52
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/14/2011 8:41:33 PM
My ex husband had an affair with a married woman. When her husband found out, he was really angry. The guy owned a gun. My ex husband lived in fear that the guy might shoot him.

Well, at least you don't have to worry about them wanting you to commit.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/15/2011 9:43:13 AM
^^^^^Wow, that's a tuff decission, a bullet in the forehead or commiting. Ahh, a little bullet can't hurt that bad, or for that long.
 forexguy99
Msg: 164
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/16/2011 8:05:06 PM

Would you be a "troll" if you wanted to discuss a gay relationship? A bi-racial relationship? A younger/older romance? There are all kinds of relationships in which CONSENTING adults engage. Let us not label someone a "troll" just because their lifestyle choices are not our cup of tea.

Apples and oranges. You're comparing one group of relationships (gay, bi-racial etc.) which are monogamous to one (you with a married woman) where somebody else - the husband - is being cheated on.
 hannibalcool
Msg: 165
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/17/2011 2:37:23 AM
LMAO! My hero. hahaha

My homewrecking hero that is
 motown cowgirl
Msg: 166
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/17/2011 4:41:41 AM
well we've made it to 8 pages, yay. i see opie provided regular input but bailed out on this ride at page 5. i guess the "discussion" didn't go quite the way he had hoped. too bad he didn't stick around for more pearls of wisdom. maybe he secretly checks in from time to time, between being a great man having a wonderful relationship with a married woman, a great writer scratching out his next manifesto, and having a three-way groupfuck. be seeing you.
 scottey63
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/17/2011 4:51:36 AM
Karma's a b*tch, you know. Maybe the next time you nail a married woman, she might have an extremely jealous husband who owns a gun. Be seeing you.
 Savona
Msg: 168
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/18/2011 8:15:53 AM

What would be more possible is that one day he will actually fall in love, hook line and sinker. And she will cheat on him. That is how life often works.

Awww isn't that how we would like life to be. But in fact there are tons of rotten people who don't get their Karma. That is just the way it is.
 ChillinChill
Msg: 169
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/18/2011 8:22:15 AM
^^^Could be Karma means rotten people just rot when they die..... the rest of us when we die get to go to heaven!

...................but more likely he will fall in love and end up on Jerry Springer with his wife and her cousin Bo Bo.

be seeing you
 rj2385b
Msg: 170
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/19/2011 4:01:12 PM
I don't think I could do it, would mess up my ability to trust for when ever I got married, would always be looming in the back of my mind. Pretty messed up if you ask me, but she's more at fault cause she is the one that is married.
 viper1j
Msg: 171
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 2/19/2011 5:25:12 PM
The most striking thing thing I'm noticing about this thread,is how the married chicks seem to be getting a free pass on these "affairs".

What about their "karma"?

Is it always the guys fault?

I was involved with a married woman, albeit unknowingly, for 7 months before I found out.

I met her at bar, we hit it off, and things went their natural course, until I found something she couldn't explain in her car, when I was cleaning it for her.

Anybody that thinks women don't lie and cheat and play are the kind of people that probably thank you for the refill when you blow in their ears.
 i8pineapple
Msg: 173
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 1/29/2015 3:55:29 PM
I'd use a whole jar of honey, see what happens after that.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Extramarital Affairs.
Posted: 1/29/2015 5:04:56 PM
My husband cheated on me and is now my ex. He is married to her. How the hell do you think I feel about extramarital affairs? On the other hand, she is wife #4 and he has lied to and cheated on all of his wives...including her
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Extramarital Affairs.