Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Nobody's Perfect - What's Wrong with YOU?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 70
Nobody's Perfect - What's Wrong with YOU?Page 9 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
^^^I tell him it was a test run - for both people. Not the beginning of ongoing sex...as least not at that time. *shrug*

The guy got laid. Now he has to keep getting laid or it's a bad thing? lol
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Nobody's Perfect - What's Wrong with YOU?
Posted: 2/28/2011 7:41:14 PM

getting laid is a good thing, but it does smack of game-playing.

Why on earth would getting laid equate to game playing?
 MsMicki
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2011 8:15:28 PM
Oh Hells Bells........I agree with the Captain!!

That confuses me too! Have first time sex.....then make him wait to have more sex ?
I think "test driving" needs to involve more than one encounter to get a true idea
of the compatibility.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 73
Posted: 2/28/2011 8:18:12 PM

Hey, getting laid is a good thing, but it does smack of game-playing.

I'm just thinking of how I'd take it if a woman bangs me early on and then tells me that she has to figure out if it was good enough to add in as a part of the relationship with me....

... I'd just walk whether the sex was great or not...

... though, on second thought, if the sex was passing to good, I'd keep you as a booty-call.

Please tell me what kind of game this would be?

Instead of reacting to this based on ego, shouldn't you (genuinely) be doing the same? It's not just about me, as I said earlier - it's about both people. Who says the time it takes me to decide is all that long? Why doesn't HIS test drive also apply? I'd think a guy'd be happy I set one up so he doesn't have to.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 74
Posted: 3/1/2011 6:22:03 PM
It's not about anyone being "any good" so much as it's about someone being compatible or right for you. Where you're getting the idea someone has to step back to decide how worthy you are, I don't know.

My point was that a test drive wasn't necessarily the beginning of consistent sex..so much as just an assessment of whether or not you both are compatible for each other. And it's an assessment BOTH should make, regardless of who initiates it. Because once you decide to move forward you should be happy with what you have.

And it's interesting to know that while men are all about making sure they are compatible sexually with a woman they are seriously thinking about they don't seem to be so much about a woman wanting to know the same. That can't really be true, can it?
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2011 6:36:18 PM
However, banging someone early on, maybe even at the end of the first date, then informing the person you only banged them as a test run and that you need some time to evaluate said banging in order to consider the length of their c.ock, the girth of their co.ck, how hard/soft/rythmic that co.ck slides in and out or your p.ussy, or, conversely, how tight that person's p.ussy was, how perky were her t.its, whether she was more blubbery than he really wanted, was the person more/less vocal than you really get off on, the person knew how to use their tongue/mouth, they engaged in or didn't engage in satisfying after-sex yapping...

... all kinda smacks of game-playing.

I get banging someone early on. I think that's fvcking fantastic....

... but telling someone after you bang them that you need to evalute if there is going to be any further sex?

That's very different. Ok, in the words of Emily Litella: Never mind!

btw, WIP, I agree wholeheartedly. Stated or internal, a test drive is part of the decision making process, when considering whether or not to pursue a relationship, and it's not a game in the least bit.
 valleyguyaz
Msg: 76
Posted: 3/3/2011 2:28:24 AM
i know there are some things that are wrong with me.i'm like everyone else out there.

i would imagine there are things wrong with me that i don't know about yet as well.

but i am improving in some areas.i will keep at it and thats a promise.
 Vannili
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2011 4:24:14 AM

Nobody's Perfect- What's Wrong with YOU?

There is nothing Wrong with ME , it is the the subject and the question that is wrong ,in other words it is no brainer.
 GOLDBERGG
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2011 3:08:51 PM
well i guess i have ALOT wrong with me..

i work at a bar as a bouncer"hey atleast i have a job"

i wrestle for a company.

i take care of my 78 year old eldely mother"some ppl thinks im not worth dating because of that"

i like to make ppl laugh.

i have a great personality"i guess most woman wan azzholes"

so yeah i guess i have alot of issues....
 Theophannia
Msg: 79
Posted: 4/6/2011 5:43:13 PM
I'm a Christian but an unusual one with a very unique relationship with the Lord (note, not religious), and this comes first in my life.

I prefer someone who spells correctly and uses correct grammar.

I currently work at a low-paying job. I work like a humming bird on speed.

I am not very athletic, this figure came from an overactive metabolism, not an overactive exercise regime.

I live in a trailer.

I'm poor.

I don't often stay put in one place

I want kids but am not ready at this point in my life for commitment or children

I can be too sensitive

I can be prideful, stubborn, hard headed, and outspoken with brutal honesty and little tact.

I am prone to depression

I do not have a high school diploma or ged

I have a lifeline cell phone which I don't give out due to my job

I have never owned a car or liscence, I get where i need to go on my own two feet or bus

I am highly chaotic and disorganized

I forget things easily

I have a fickle libido

I have a penchante for wine

I am too set in my ways to change for anyone

I had an extremely traumatic childhood

I had and lost a child

I am emotionally needy at times

I am estranged from all 3 of my families

My personality shifts often

I have a tendancy to offend people because i'm highly adaptable, and people sometimes think I am mocking them when I pick up their foreign accent 3 minutes into the conversation without realizing it

I am not free of debt

I live with a male friend who is also my assistant for my career

I am a professional model, which insecure men think is intimidating, or assume that I am prone to cheating, or get "territorial" when I am required to shoot with other male models.
I have nudes on the net. Yep. Apparently that makes me a whore in some circles. (whatever)

I do not trust people easily and can shut down at times

I try to come off as stronger than I actually am and wonder sometimes how long I can keep BEING the strong one

I don't connect to other women well, which means my social circle is pretty small.

I have been hospitalized for depression and anxiety in the past

I often feel like no matter how I run this rat race I will never pull ahead or even be close to where I want to be

I give up hope often but have no choice but to push through.

I tend to want the WRONG men and am unsatisfied with the RIGHT men

I invade the "man cave" when hormonal for a cleaning spree (APPARENTLY A BIG NO NO)

I can be violently agressive (an ex commented once that dating me was like dating species)

This list could go on forever, some people think some of this stuff is good, others hate it, some think its a "cute quirk", ect, I am who I am, apparently not many can deal with that.
 Vannili
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2011 6:22:19 AM
DovetailStormrider:

YOU Are Perfect!!!! Experiencing life , the good, the bad,exploring the unknown,learning what life teaches us to make our life easier and happier.

And there is nothing wrong with YOU or ME or the OTHERS, it is our good or bad choicest that makes us of what we are, DOWN or UP ,but that is okay for we can not predict the future, the thing is we should always do our best performance of whatever we do... Vannili
 browneyesboo
Msg: 81
Posted: 4/7/2011 8:48:31 AM
I remember this thread!
It's where people get to point out what's
"wrong" with them, thereby disingenuously
tooting their own horns.

Look at me...Look at me!
There's nothing wrong with me.
 totalazzhole
Msg: 82
Posted: 4/7/2011 8:49:36 AM
hardly anything except..

I'm way too humble sometimes!
 OutMind
Msg: 83
Posted: 4/7/2011 9:01:06 AM
What makes me undatable?

I post in POF Forums.

Hehehe

Really. Many people think that you are hitting on the other forumites or something and freak out.
 Vannili
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2011 3:24:12 PM
You are still Perfecta in my book Miss Petunia even you mis-spell Filipino intoPhilippino... And there es relly nothing wrung with ya ,yo are perfect to a T.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 85
Posted: 4/8/2011 2:23:46 PM

Woman that are ABSOLUTELY not "dateable" for any decent, single man:

1- Promiscuous woman
2- Woman with a promiscouos past
3- Single mothers
4-Lesbians
5-Bisexuals

When you think about it, the great bulk of American women fall under this category which better explains why more American men are opting to go overseas.

I was going to point out that the topic of the OP was actually "Nobody's perfect-What's
Wrong with YOU?, but then I realized...oh yeah...I see.
 Vannili
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2011 8:14:53 PM
Why settle for someone's sloppy60's when you could go overseas and find better?

Brother, wake up and smell the Starbuck coffee!!!! Women are human beings there are bad and not so bad,good and very good, what ever nationality they are..
Honestly, I am from overseas residing in USA, there are some good and bad women here in the USA the same in other countries,and where I came from. just my 2cents.
 arwen52
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2011 9:03:46 PM
I'm too honest, too blunt, and too rational.
 Island home
Msg: 88
Posted: 4/10/2011 10:12:52 PM
I'm right, too often

Is there anything more annoying?

I'm too honest, too blunt, and too rational.

Mainly you are too distant from me
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 89
Posted: 4/11/2011 8:38:47 AM
I have skeleton's in my closet like everyone else
I've talked too much about personal stuff with stranger's too...But, not lately

So, I'm folically challanged...wanna make sumthin of it???
 totalazzhole
Msg: 90
Posted: 4/12/2011 10:03:17 AM
^^

if you hate women, there's always men

millions of guys (including many Hollywood stars, rock stars, singers & athletes) have gone that way, so don't feel all alone.
 jujubean52
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2011 11:14:10 AM
In my profile I list all the stuff i can't eat, drink, smell.
I had a guy write and rant because it seemed obvious to him that since he had a photo of him drinking a beer i should have known he was not interested in drinking a non-drinker.
I live in a town known for its 5 nursing homes and hunting leases.[ I.e. not near anything.] I do live on a paved road which is the best retort I have come up with for the MANY men who seem to think their car can't drive that far. And the few men with airplanes think they will never be flying overhead ( ok, I guess that counts as a flaw. You have a photo of you in or near a plane i AM gonna ask you to fly on over and have lunch)
I actually heard from a man today who can not even consider dating me because i was in the air Force and he was in the Navy.
I had a man send one last email to let me know he was concerned that my belly is not flat and he is a healthnut so that was just a dealbreaker for him(FYI i have a 28 inch waist)
I have animals so i have been turned down because i would not consider moving to their condo if it meant giving up my animals.
I am 5'7 so when a guy claiming to be 5'11 finally met me I had to take off my heels to even be eye level(he was also 5'7). {I add that because there seem to be a lot of men shorter than me when I have on 4 inch heels.

Not on the profile... and it is a biggie
I don't have the willpower to skip garage sales, accept gifts, inherit items I have no room for. My house is FULL. No room for anyone to move in. Want true love but they need to have their own house that i will only visit so therefore keep clean .bad girl
 spot4username
Msg: 92
Posted: 4/17/2011 4:26:10 PM
I'm pretty sure I would exceed the allowed amount of characters if I were to attempt to make a list let alone offer explanations. *shrug*
 junipermoon
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2011 6:21:40 AM
well, let's see...

i call things as i see them. i suppose i rely too much on reality, facts and logic. therefore, i don't always tell people what they want to hear.

i'm too practical. i can do things 'just for fun,' but i have to get something else done in the process.

i sometimes i don't finish triple pirouettes in a perfect 5th position.

i have trouble distinguishing raptors at a distance.

and i can't always tell a phoebe from a flycatcher.
 Padawan61
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2011 12:23:35 PM
That's what is wrong with you juniper?? Heck ... then there isn't anything about you that can be considered faults.

OT: What wrong with me?? Nothing ... I'm perfect.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Nobody's Perfect - What's Wrong with YOU?