Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What stops a man from cheating?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gtomustang
Msg: 301
What stops a man from cheating?Page 13 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
or how she defines a man...if she doesn't date a cheater, she doesn't care what he's putting where.

avoid the risk takers, the narcissists, the opportunity grabbers, the insecure...and the odds get better of avoiding a serial cheater. Just as we men should cut the crazy chicks out of our lives that we think are great in bed, women should stop trying to tame the wild men, and thus cut the craziness out of their lives, as well.
 Kj521
Msg: 302
What stops a man from cheating?
Posted: 11/14/2017 7:08:03 PM
^^^^Wrong!

Everyone is responsible for their own behavior...and how they choose to define themselves.

No one can stop anyone else from destructive/maladaptive behavior....we can only influence...or choose not to accept.

vvvv One does not always possess foresight or have the ability of precognition. :)
 gtomustang
Msg: 303
Posted: 11/14/2017 7:17:46 PM
its true, the only person we can control is ourselves...and that's why I said, don't pursue the bad risks, and automatically the odds of finding a bad risk decrease :)
 9Pluto
Msg: 304
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2017 7:51:10 PM
OP question was an ambiguous and loaded question, confusing biology of the sexes with human psychology. While cheating stems from biology, the motivation and brakes to cheating are derived from psychology and socialization.

What prevents a person from cheating?

Developing a mutual, loving emotional bond in which the partnership is more important than either individual.

Alternatively, if the individual is a person of their word and the partnership is contractual and in good faith for both, even if either think of themselves first rather than their relationship first, a contractual understanding may prevent cheating, especially when anxiety about STDs caught outside the safety zone of the partnership, while cheating, are considered.

Vet your partner by discussing the purpose and goals of the partnership openly, and both with humility to come to a join conclusion of what and why you've joined together, and no one will cheat if you are on the same page. For either, skip the mutual understanding (ambiguity), skip the watering of the roses (passion), demand an unreasonable amount of the emotional support selfishly (clinging), stop being humble, don't trust the other (suspicious), put your happiness above (selfishness) that of your partner/partnership, or trap a partner being wily (bad faith) rather than winning them voluntarily and freely, and they may cheat due when they catch on you've caged them.

gtomustang
Msg: 305
Posted: 11/15/2017 3:24:31 AM
"...in which the partnership is more important than either individual comprising it."

>>>true, cheating first begins when one person puts their needs ahead...then the next step is to lose respect for the other partner. We don't cheat without disrespect, and usually there are signs of disrespect prior. unfortunately, some people may not pick up on these until its too late...or not pick up on these signs of disrespect at all.

of course, we can't guarantee nothing will go wrong in life. True strength is measured by how we bounce back, not from how well we avoid.
 dpwesu
Msg: 306
Posted: 11/15/2017 10:40:01 AM
Question - What stops a man from Cheating?

Answer - NOTHING!

at least that has been my observation
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 307
Posted: 11/15/2017 10:48:33 AM
"We never got as far as actually sleeping together but we had gotten into heavy petting as well as oral sex."

Am I the only one who hates the expression of " petting " as it pertains to people touching eachother ?

You pet an animal NOT a person !

I caress, fondle , stroke , squeeze , diddle but I don't frikken PET !

" Awww, who's a good gf ? Yes you are ! Yes you are ! Good girl ! "

( vomit )
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 308
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2017 10:50:50 AM
He does.

If he wants to.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 309
Posted: 11/15/2017 10:55:51 AM
"I told him no but a couple things ran through my mine. "

Let me guess.....

A couple of .... MINERS ?

BAHAHAHAHA !
 zsuzsa62
Msg: 310
Posted: 11/15/2017 11:40:31 AM
"I caress, fondle , stroke , squeeze , diddle but I don't frikken PET !"

DIDDLE?? I'm trying to picture that. That's a new one and yes, sure beats pet!
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 311
Posted: 11/15/2017 11:52:23 AM
Diddle ya, as in, playing with the ol' bean ?

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you must refer to the clitoris as a " bean " and are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 zsuzsa62
Msg: 312
Posted: 11/15/2017 12:08:13 PM
Good one. Yes....I can now picture it!
 sun___flower
Msg: 313
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2017 3:37:02 PM
BCC
Am I the only one who hates the expression of " petting " as it pertains to people touching eachother ?

+1. 'Petting' has always been a cringe-inducing term.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 314
Posted: 11/15/2017 3:44:30 PM
^^^ Right ?

How outdated can you get ?

And did they actually PET eachother like eachother's own pets back in the old days ?

And what is " heavy " petting ?

Does that mean they pet eachother's head and really put some muscle into it ?

And did that actually get them excited ??????

Old people are weird
 sun___flower
Msg: 315
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2017 3:55:27 PM
It is a weird, outdated term, and I always think wtf when I hear it. Diddling the ol' bean is not much better though, TBH.
 9Pluto
Msg: 316
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2017 4:08:23 PM

+1. 'Petting' has always been a cringe-inducing term.

Petting is basically an obsolete word, and mostly is/was used for masturbating someone, and was usually qualified by "heavy petting", just to make sure everyone understood the sweet euphemism. Now people use the words fingering and jacking someone off which are cringe-worthy equivalents if you have virgin ears. Simply 'touching' someone or equating it to how you would caress an animal's fur is/was not the general colloquial definition of petting. For lighter activities, it was "necking" which also has contemporary replacements. These words probably stir reactions in some people because they were embarrassed their parents talked about sex to them, so each generation rebels and makes up new words. But I think the cringing is a product of awkwardness with parents, not animals ...

gtomustang
Msg: 317
Posted: 11/15/2017 6:41:57 PM
I suppose if one wishes to call genitalia "kitty" and "snake", then "petting" becomes a term. "Fondle" is nice, b/c it has the word fond in it, and who isn't fond of fondling?

I'm glad we got a handle on this.
 ohenryx
Msg: 318
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2017 11:30:24 AM

gtomustang
I'm glad we got a handle on this.

Which immediately brings to mind a joke heard last year. After the Access Hollywood leaked video of Trump saying he liked to “grab women by the p____”, some comedian remarked, “I never knew they came with a handle!”
 Manofsubstance1970
Msg: 319
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2017 10:36:41 AM
I would say a few factors are the main reason why some men cheat on women:

1.The menopause is obviously a significant change women go through and a large number of women go off sex during and after the change
2.Low libido – a large number of women suffer from this problem and 40+ is around the age this starts to happen, because their sex drive starts to decline
3.Pregnancy - a large number of women go off sex during pregnancy and after pregnancy
4.She no longer shows him any affection and no longer has sex with him, because she has lost all attraction for him

The answer to the question is to keep your men satisfied in the bedroom and you will considerably reduce the chances of him cheating.

If you have been a victim of a cheating man, then look at yourself first and think about the reasons why you may have pushed him into the arms of another woman
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 320
Posted: 11/18/2017 1:00:31 PM
Even though I agree a woman who cuts off sex, but still expects to get everything SHE wants out of the marriage is a shithead of epic proportions, a guy still needs to do the right thing and end things first.

But of course, the guy should have known better than to get married to begin with.
 Manofsubstance1970
Msg: 321
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2017 1:33:57 PM
I have read so many comments from women, who say they can't understand why their man cheated and they always refuse to admit that they gave him any reason to cheat, but the reasons I just mentioned would be enough to temp a man, because if he is not getting any sex at home or the sex is lousy, then he may well consider other options.

If a woman withholds sex from her man completely, then she really can't expect him to go on and on without any sex and any romantic relationship needs the sex to keep it a healthy one, so if a woman denies him sex, then it is her fault for the relationship not being a healthy one and she would need to seek counselling to try to deal with a-sexual attitude or be prepared to lose him to another woman
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 322
Posted: 11/18/2017 2:00:48 PM
But you see, if a man dares to complain about not getting sex from his wife, this is what he will very likely hear from society in response - "OMG!!! HER BODY/HER CHOICE!!!, you sex-crazed misogynistic embodiment of evil!!!" or "YOU must have done something to turn her off!!!"

"lmfao" @ marriage.
 Manofsubstance1970
Msg: 323
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2017 2:38:05 PM
Radical feminism has a massive hand in the destruction of the family unit, the divide between men and women, but also the double standards that exist across the board in society created to favour women.

Women are not held accountable for their actions, but men always have been and still are, so men have to always be responsible, while women can do anything they dam well like and get away with it, because society judges men for any bad behaviour or wrong choices, but never looks the other way at women

The SJW movement is very toxic and their feelings and thoughts seem to over ride facts, reason and sanity, so what do we expect from a brainwashed society, that caters to the mentally ill misandrists, who use their twisted ideas to change societies laws and create a fake rape culture to install fear into women.

Any woman who goes on about the patriarchy you know is going to be an SJW feminist and misandrist, so watch out for any women, who may use this terminology when describing men, because the brainwashed can't be saved from their fear and hate of all men, but they will try to make men's lives hell, because they can get away with hating on men
 9Pluto
Msg: 324
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2017 3:01:24 PM

seek counselling to try to deal with a-sexual attitude or be prepared to lose him to another woman

Lose? Drive away?

If one purposely refuses to provide mental and physical intimacy over the long haul in a marriage, it is a reason for divorce and needs to be discussed by the couple. It is even better to seek divorce rather than cheat. If the divorce settlement is perceived to favor one over the other and you are getting the short end of the stick, that was the cost of getting married, and you knew the rules of the game, and everyone's sorry your partner was a dud, but you pay the escape clause and get out.

Cheating is a road to nowhere, or just kicking the can down the road inside a closet, at best. It will flip the tables on the cheater, making them the adulterer, which is grounds for divorce. Marriage is a contract, and one violation, legally, doesn't give rights to another. Once one is in default, it has to be settled or forgiven. So denying intimacy places the burden individually on both partners, the actor and the victim, to have counseling or a reckoning.

As gender roles are eliminated for whatever reason, any legal privileges either gender has naturally should evolve to be eliminated as the institution of marriage adapts or ceases to exist as the fabric of western society. Unfortunately nobody is absolutely entitled to anything without consent from the other partner. That includes withholding intimacy or cheating, married or not.
 from site to sight
Msg: 325
Posted: 11/18/2017 3:15:29 PM
As everybody knows, almost all women have kids. And when kids enter the picture, the marriage/relationship totally changes. Many women go into full mommy mode and put the marriage and the partner on the back burner, giving it low to no priority. The man's role is to be just the breadwinner to support the family. Many women feel no need to try to be attractive anymore, because they don't have to be attractive to raise kids. Many women can't or won't handle being a good mother as well as a good wife. It's too much trouble trying to be both. That's usually when some men start having wandering eyes, and try to find that spark that died in the marriage.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What stops a man from cheating?