Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What stops a man from cheating?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RockyMountainThunder
Msg: 76
What stops a man from cheating?Page 4 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
He finally decides to grow up and quit being a douchebag?
 Whatisnewwithyou
Msg: 77
What stops a man from cheating?
Posted: 3/4/2011 9:33:45 AM
"What stops a man from cheating?"

Becoming swingers and having an open relationship.
 NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2011 9:01:24 AM

What I am ultimately wondering though is what does a man's inner discussions look like? Really, what ultimately stops a guy from cheating?

Morals, self-respect, and respect for your mate.
 viper1j
Msg: 79
Posted: 3/6/2011 9:52:11 AM

but the men I have met during my life who don't cheat, don't want to cheat. No one makes you cheat, you have to want to,

Or be driven to do it. I remember someone saying: "if you don't want me with someone else, don't leave anything for someone else.." I told my ex once that she did everything except post a "Come fvck my boyfriend" sign on my front yard.

If you're in the desert, and dying of thirst, even a cup of pizz starts to look tasty after a while..

Just sayin'..
 moonwalkerman
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2011 1:22:12 PM
I don't know what 'a' man's inner discussion looks like, but my discussion pretty much always looks the same. I am thinking of myself old and dying, looking back at my life, and wondering if I missed out. If I had regrets. Passing on a really hot woman, someone you really like, is missing out. I believe you can love someone, I believe you can love many people at the same time. I think the idea of monogamy has been instituted by the church somewhere in history, as a tool to scare people and to make them submissive. I believe I have to answer only to myself. I also KNOW that those who scream the hardest that whom they call 'cheaters' should burn in hell, are the exact same people that are most likely to 'cheat' themselves.
So, yes, I cheat. I think nature has programmed us to have our desires take over, and to dominate our minds. Because if our minds were stronger than our animal instincts, the human race would be long extinct.
And before anyone calls me all kind of names: I don't believe in heaven or hell, but if I have a choice, I'd rather go to hell. Evil people are so much more fun to be around. A whole lot more fun than pushing holy Mother Theresa around in a wheelchair. Think of poker nights with Saddam Hussein, Stalin, Jeffrey Dahmer, and Lucifer himself - to me, that just sounds intriguing !
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 81
Posted: 3/6/2011 1:55:38 PM

It's funny but at some point in your life you've matured enough that, you realise, that blurting out, "I have a g/f!", to a woman coming on to you..., just seems natural...

awwwww, this is too darned cute! I love it.

Here's the difference.
For cheaters...it's all about opportunity
For non-cheaters...it's all about integrity
For cheaters...she says "no"
For non-cheaters...he says "no"

+1
 OutMind
Msg: 82
Posted: 3/8/2011 12:58:32 PM
If every time you got into a fight with your man, would that justify cheating? I don't think so. In the end, the reason you do not cheat does not have anything to do with the other person, but with yourself. It should be a matter of principle. You have to live with yourself even after you stop dating your guy.

Is there anything wrong with having the thought of another person? Absolutely not. You can lust all you want, is human nature. The difference is actions.
 x_file
Msg: 83
Posted: 3/8/2011 3:07:30 PM

I don't mean to be disrespectful here but guys are hard-wired for the procreation urge.

It's not disrespectful. It's wrong.

What I am ultimately wondering though is what does a man's inner discussions look like? Really, what ultimately stops a guy from cheating?

When one is full, one does not look for food. When one has quenched one's thirst, one does not look for water. When one is sexually satisfied, one does not look for sex. Sex is a way to eliminate, at least temporarily, the desire for sex.

He who gets (or believes he gets) the best deal, does not look for a better deal.

After half a century of living I have never, ever, not even once heard a guy say, "My wife/girlfriend/partner is sexually terrific but I had an affair anyway." (datingPosts9979404.aspx - 54 - dave1234)

Better than a man stopping himself from cheating, is him lacking the thoughts of cheating.

A man who has found the right woman (and who's a quality man himself) is naturally in the latter state - no thoughts of cheating, or desiring other women.

Ultimate reason, in my option? Moral standing - - the excellence of one's soul. Or simply put: the desire to do no harm.

It should be a matter of principle. You have to live with yourself even after you stop dating your guy.

Some people have no consciousness, and thus no principles. Hence such a person has no problem doing something bad, and sleeping well at night.

If you stay faithful to me... I'll stay faithful to you.

This is NOT a bargain! This is stupidity at the highest level.

Most men desire sex. A woman can be faithful (by today's standards) by simply not having sex - including not having sex with her husband/lover/partner. Thus to be faithful, one simply must do nothing. This might be a bargain for a woman, but certain not for a man who's sexual needs are neglected, while his woman is by all standards faithful to him.
 Holly63
Msg: 84
Posted: 3/8/2011 4:03:27 PM

Easy:

Morals,
Conscience,
A penisectomy,
D!ck rot, from too many diseased ......... "ladies".
Divorce,
Turning gay,
Death.
 music46038
Msg: 85
Posted: 3/9/2011 4:01:48 PM
"What stops a man from cheating?"

Chopping off his junk.
 RyanReed
Msg: 86
Posted: 3/10/2011 1:56:13 PM
Want to keep a man from cheating or leaving?

Keep his stomach full and his nuts empty.

That's it!
 BrookfieldMan
Msg: 87
Posted: 3/10/2011 3:43:42 PM
^^^^^^^^^correct Mr. Reed.^^^^^^^^^^

a well fed, well taken care of dog never strays from his yard.
 Red Fish GF
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2011 3:59:50 PM
a well fed, well taken care of dog never strays from his yard.

Not true, some "dogs" like to roam despite what a good life they have at home. Those "dogs" want to explore new surrounding and are not content just sitting in the yard. I am answering this because I had a dog who liked to run away just for fun whenever left off his leash. lol But it also pertains to men who cheat as well. If a man really wants to cheat he will. Some men would never even think of cheating despite being attracted to other women. This is what STOPS men from cheating.

Better than a man stopping himself from cheating, is him lacking the thoughts of cheating.

A man who has found the right woman (and who's a quality man himself) is naturally in the latter state - no thoughts of cheating, or desiring other women.
 changingtide
Msg: 89
Posted: 3/10/2011 7:00:16 PM
What stops a man from cheating??? His grave.
It doesn't matter what you do or don't do, if he is going to cheat, he is going to cheat.
It doesn't matter how pretty, ugly, skinny, fat- anything- if he wants to cheat, he will!
You could be Pamela Anderson or the girl next door, doesn't matter. A woman can't control a man in that respect. He has to learn to control himself and have values.
I worked in a Dermatology Office for a while and at least 3-5 men would come in each day with a new bout of Venereal Disease (this is one Doctor's office in a smaller town.) After a confession with the Doctor, they were instructed to go home to tell their wives they were "messing around." Many with hookers. If you can't trust him, get out of the relationship fast!
On the otherhand, there are women who cheat. It just seems there are more male cheaters than female.
 NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2011 7:05:29 AM

What stops a man from cheating??? His grave.
On the other hand, there are women who cheat. It just seems there are more male cheaters than female.

I'm still not sure if I should laugh, cry, or ram my fist through my monitor reading this thread. Not picking on you, changingtide - you just happened to have posted the last comment before I felt the need to keep my head from exploding :-)

By far the #1 factor in cheating - male AND female - is opportunity & availability.

Ever since the start of the woman's liberation movement back in the '60s, women have been working more and staying home less. As women have entered the workforce, they have also started cheating more and more (that would be the opportunity & availability).

Look at the stats, folks. The percentage of women who cheat is almost identical to the percentage of men that cheat. And the percentages have tracked almost exactly with an increasing percentage of women in the workforce.

Granted, men and women cheat for different reasons - men usually for physical reasons, and women for emotional ones - but neither sex has the moral high ground.
Msg: 91
Posted: 3/13/2011 6:23:39 PM
The only thing that stops any person from cheating,man or woman,is themselves and their own person values,morals and belief system.There is no magic wand that can stop a person from cheating who wants to cheat.
 Casper66
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2011 12:10:00 PM
^^^^ great post, was thinking the exact same thing.
 good_catch77
Msg: 93
Posted: 3/18/2011 8:20:54 AM
m_church ~ That happens to me a lot...when I wasn't single. I've been out and about, not a bar but out, and see 2 women. The same thing happens, I've also seen where one would back off like you mentioned and the other just keep going with her game. Like I said nothing.

This has never happened to me. But I've been with a buddy that had the same go down. Tell the woman no, that he's not single and no he doesn't want anything. The said girl keeps going with her game. The dudes g/f walks in while said girl is flirting and yells at the dude. Like it was his fault for her talking to him. Yes he could have walked away, but it was kind of hard because he was the wing man.

Oh well I've seen your situation more with guys than women though. Two guys are talking to a hot woman, she says she is not single. One is respectable and backs off and the other keeps up his game. Like she said nothing.

Good times....good times
 1234happy
Msg: 94
Posted: 3/18/2011 11:13:53 AM
His desire to be as good as his word and honor the commitment he made to another.

Lame excuse.

Aren’t they all?
 shadow7057
Msg: 95
Posted: 3/18/2011 1:46:19 PM
Heh.. I have never had an inner voice when it comes a relationship. Either I am serious about that person or I am not. If there is an inner voice, obviously I am not.
 sweetest
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2011 6:23:54 AM

Ultimate reason, in my option? Moral standing - - the excellence of one's soul. Or simply put: the desire to do no harm.

^^^Completely agree.

After half a century of living I have never, ever, not even once heard a guy say, "My wife/girlfriend/partner is sexually terrific but I had an affair anyway." (datingPosts9979404.aspx - 54 - dave1234)

^^^Given the above statement...I do wonder though if it's strictly about having that level of sexual satisfaction....How does being in love with your partner play into this. Does the love aspect also need to be equally 'terrific' in addition to the sex, to dissuade or makes thoughts of others or cheating completely seem like an entirely alien idea?
 licoricecat_1
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2011 9:49:45 AM
What stops a man from cheating is his inner morals, ethics and standards that he is committed to. Honesty is very important in a relationship of any kind. Sincere honesty. We all have God to answer to even if we think we got away with something. Be true to thine own self.
 biancaneve25
Msg: 98
Posted: 3/19/2011 11:14:03 AM
Nothing. If a man wants to cheat on you, he will. Every person has free will. You can think of a million things you could have done to prevent him from cheating, but at the end of the day, if he wants to cheat he will.
 x_file
Msg: 99
Posted: 3/19/2011 7:28:44 PM

^^^Given the above statement...I do wonder though if it's strictly about having that level of sexual satisfaction....

It's not strictly about having that level of sexual satisfaction. There's a lot more going on. Sex often implies other things in the relationship are, at least, okay.

The point of that statement is not to imply that sexual satisfaction makes a man (or woman) faithful, but that the lack of sex might tempt him/her to stray. If one's needs are not met, if a person is not getting what s/he wants, it's human nature to do whatever is needed to meet those needs - and you can almost always bet selfishness will prevail.

How does being in love with your partner play into this. Does the love aspect also need to be equally 'terrific' in addition to the sex, to dissuade or makes thoughts of others or cheating completely seem like an entirely alien idea?

The love aspect, the sex, the looks, the personality, health, hygiene, and for some men, even the look of the woman's private parts.

There is no particular list - only a list of things that if absent, will likely cause problems - like sex, love, looks, personality.

Each person likes or dislikes different things. The thing is, when a person gets everything s/he likes (my definition of a soul-mate), s/he is satisfied, and has no reason to seek more - unless greed, or instant pleasure/satisfaction rules their soul.
 Gazoo69
Msg: 100
Posted: 3/20/2011 5:13:10 AM
The answer to the original question is very simple. Blowjobs. Yes, blowjobs. Do it voluntarily, don't make him beg for them. Tell him you want to suck his**** Be agressive.
Tell him how much you love to suck his**** Look him in the eyes in a loving way while you're doing it. Tell him you want him to cum in your mouth. When he does cum, whatever it tastes like, act like it's the sweetest candy you ever tasted , swallow it, and thank him for giving it to you. Do it regularly, and he'll be yours forever. Next question.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What stops a man from cheating?