Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SleepyMcGee
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Do you like to look good in the gym?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Everybody notices everybody and judges them. I indeed have a good inner chuckle at the dudes who come to the gym in jeans and a button down. Or in Under Armour.

The trick is to go to the gym for yourself, not to impress other people (that comes outside the gym!) I wear clothes that are too big for me, mostly t-shirts that I cut the sleeves off (ok, that's more to impress people...but it's also a lot more comfortable when weightlifting)
 jed456
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Do you like to look good in the gym?
Posted: 6/30/2011 9:11:43 AM
The gym I go to people wear everything from t-shirts to shorts,to Armour I'm not sure why people are arguing over what a person wears?Muscle chick obviously puts long hours and a meticulous diet into her training not to be mean to anyone but some people can shall we say wear some clothes" better" than others.Also as someone gets in better shape just my opinion you like to "show off" for yourself what you have accomplished.Or speaking for myself as you gain muscle you feel more confident just my opinion.And I glance around the gym especially the ladies in fantastic shape I dont stare that would be creepy.
 hoopsnhikes
Msg: 73
Posted: 7/3/2011 8:30:56 PM

As opposed to looking bad? Yes, I suppose I do. Just as I guess I would rather look good than bad anywhere. Of course actually pulling that off is another story.
 buffguyinva0304
Msg: 74
Posted: 7/7/2011 8:08:42 PM
I wear 'under armour' shirts on a rare occassion. But then I happen to bench well over 400 and my chest is 20" over my waist. I don't recommend that shirt for a male if you don't look the role so to speak.

To each their own. To the ladies who look good and don't hide it. A short distraction between sets is always welcome...so a thank you from me
 workoutnatureboy
Msg: 80
Posted: 7/31/2011 6:33:54 PM
Well well, the mere fact that you notice what everyone is wearing , and you' re here asking everyone what you should wear, should be the answer to your own question, you're concerned about others, and what they think. But the fact of the matter is this, if you're going out in public dont be a Walmart slob,,,, dress nice enough with clean cloths on each time you go, and the fact you need to ask leads me to believe you are not quite all there anyways!
 Aaronanthony217
Msg: 81
Posted: 8/7/2011 10:20:59 PM
Um no.. I personally go to the gym to workout, not try to look good for other people. Hell I'll go in jeans and a wife beater if I don't feel like throwing "athletics" gear on. Pretty sure the clothes i wear in the gym will not affect my gains.
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  >