Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Last Online Feature in Inbox is now a pay feature.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 viper1j
Msg: 40
Last Online Feature in InboxPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

It changed because this "free" site is becoming more like other paying websites to where we have to pay for things that really should be free :-/ Its just another upgrade bonus you get for being a true member...Tomorrow you will have to pay to see a persons profile, just a matter of time before its no longer free.

The biggest part of what sucks about that, is the lack of respect for the loyal members.

Example: There's a site I've been on since 1995. In fact I'm what they call a charter member. I was one of the first 100 people to join. It's now grown to the largest dating site in the world. (Google is your friend) They now give a one week free trial, and then charge 40.00 a month for a "Platinum Membership".

I got an email, when they first went pay, saying that as "one of our first and most loyal", I need never worry about paying a penny as I was a "Lifetime Platinum Member".

The one condition was that I never delete my account. So, when I was married, I hid my profile, but didn't delete it. 9 years later (after my wife had passed) , I log on, and I'm there and still free!

If this site is slowly migrating from free to pay, maybe they should do a little something for the people that helped make this place what it is today.

Just sayin'..
 mpower123
Msg: 41
Last Online Feature in Inbox
Posted: 8/6/2011 11:39:31 PM
My theory, they get money from advertisement... most of their advertisers are dating sites...... if they make their service here worse, then more people will be tempted to try other dating sites..... which conveniently are advertised everywhere.... It's win/win... the users that fall for it pay ... the ones that leave they get a check from if they go to a sponsor...
 Gu Be
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2011 10:47:40 AM
I fully agree with you.
This is quite a bad change.
 browneyedgirl0902
Msg: 43
Last Online Feature in Inbox is now a pay feature.
Posted: 8/7/2011 7:48:53 PM
This site is becoming LESS and LESS free and there seems to be more and more seriously crazy people lol
 andover1111
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2011 5:41:12 AM
Still mourning the demise of the civil "No Thanks" reply, alas, the "last on line" has not taken the green light with it.
 Cullers
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/9/2011 2:00:48 AM
@trappedonbayst
I am trying to understand why on a similar thread you have a moderator tag and on this one you haven't? Not being personal or anything just wondering.

The problem here (on this thread) is that people who've been on the site for years (for whatever reason) are objecting to having to pay for features which have long if not always been part of free membership. Members are worried about WHERE this is going. As my previous posts indicate, I understand this site is a private concern and the owner has the RIGHT to do as they wish but with a membership of 100,000's, members have made their own investment in terms of interest and time (and in this case 'hope'). Most of the users invest 'hope' in finding a partner/date/whatever and become worried about whether this will be dashed. if the future plans were visible/made known then no-one would have room to complain ethically.
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/9/2011 4:40:04 AM

I am trying to understand why on a similar thread you have a moderator tag and on this one you haven'
They have to manually add that to the bottom of every post. He may of forgot or he may of been posting his personal opinion here and not posting in any official moderator capacity.

Cowboy
 Cullers
Msg: 47
Posted: 8/9/2011 5:25:59 AM
@Cowboy
ahhh okay! Thanks for that.
 mpower123
Msg: 48
Posted: 8/9/2011 1:02:35 PM

The problem here (on this thread) is that people who've been on the site for years (for whatever reason) are objecting to having to pay for features which have long if not always been part of free membership.

I may be mistaken but hasn't the last online feature in question here only been on there for 2 months or so?
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/10/2011 5:23:55 AM
^^^^ I believe it came into effect the same time Admin made the "show message read status" an optional paid feature. So know it was not exactly a "long time" feature here.

Funny thing is I had an existing membership upgrade and can see the status of sent messages (read/deleted) But I can not see the last online status or anyway to pay for it to enable it if I wanted to.

Cowboy
 jerica78
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2011 8:27:01 PM
I just logged on and found the same thing. It is extremely not cool that this is gradually becoming a paid site 1 piece at a time!

Do note that the feature has only been made a pay feature in your INBOX

It is still available in your Sent Messages Box <-- Click There to see.

Munkeechi
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2011 11:03:07 PM
I guess I'm the only one that doesn't mind this! I'm actually happy that it's gone, pay or not. I was getting super tired of guys noticing I was online and sending another 2-3 emails asking why I hadn't emailed them back yet or just saying hi again. Nice to have a bit more privacy again, even if the info is available in other ways... at least it's not right in people's faces anymore.
 Honestyplus
Msg: 52
Posted: 8/13/2011 5:35:23 PM
Don't you think that is slightly deceiving? While you can "claim" to be free, can you claim to be 100% FREE? According to webster, the definition of FREE is "not costing or charging anything" If your going to say free, you need to put a little * beside the word "free" then explain in fine print the terms and conditions to exactly what "free" means.

Is not the 10-million dollars this site supposedly generates in profits per year according to the NY Times NOT enough that we have to pay 6-cents or whatever it costs to use this feature?
Note: These goldfish credits must be purchased in multiples of $10.

We the users are generating profits for this site every time we log on and are exposed to the advertisements. Being able to view the status of a message is not too much to ask in return for 10-million dollars in profits per year, at least I don't think so.

Be aware that if you continue to troll post the forums with this agenda as you've attempted on numerous occassions and disregard moderator notices, it will be put to a conclusion. Note billboarding in the posted rules.

DumbeBlonde
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2011 3:36:36 AM
@viper: I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for any recognition here, given your membership number is 14365542. Be interesting to know whether the first 100 are even members still.

@trapped: Does Markus still advertise as 100% free? Not in Australia, I don't think. The site from which I originally joined has had it's advertising changed to exclude the word 'free'. http://www.onlysydney.com.au/sydney-nsw.php?id=15579
And Markus only states on his home page that it's 'free to join', which is what all the paid sites claim.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Last Online Feature in Inbox is now a pay feature.