Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Blues Artists Similar to Stevie Ray Vaughan      Home login  
Msg: 26
view profile
Blues Artists Similar to Stevie Ray VaughanPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Johnny Lee Hooker was a great "guitar' based artist.

although not "guitar" based like SRV I still love me some Gregg Allman.
Blues Artists Similar to Stevie Ray Vaughan
Posted: 8/12/2012 10:54:42 PM
OK, all the artists mentioned so far by other posters are great. But except for Kenny Wayne & Jeff Healey (listen to Healey's covers of "Confidence Man", & “Hoochie Coochie Man”!), they're not really channeling Stevie Ray. If you're specifically looking for artists that sound very similar to Stevie Ray, then check out these guys:

-Chris Duarte "Texas Sugar/Strat Magick" CD, especially the song "Big-Legged Woman". I think Chris's guitar playing comes the closest to Stevie's in terms of fat tone, attack, & passion. This album is like Stevie Ray meets the Chili Peppers!

-Doyle Bramhall (senior) (1949 - 2011). This guy is Doyle Bramhall II's father, & was 5 years older than Stevie Ray. He was the drummer for Stevie's brother Jimmie in the Chessmen, & Stevie looked up to him. Doyle senior was also a great singer, & wrote several songs for Stevie that Stevie recorded. Stevie got his singing style from Doyle senior, it's hard to tell them apart. Listen to Doyle's original version of "Life By the Drop", "Lost in the Congo", "Fourty Four", & "Tortured Soul".

-Cetan Clawson’s song “I Wanna Try” with Chris Layton from Double Trouble on drums, & Scott Nelson of Kenny Wayne Shepherd on bass. Also the live version of “Slingin” on YouTube. This kid looks like a cross between a young Bob Dylan dressed like Jimi Hendrix, & plays like a cross between Hendrix & Stevie Ray.

-Fredrick Strand Halland, a young Norwegian Guitarist, strongly influenced by Stevie Ray. Lots of Stevie Ray covers by him on YouTube.

-Philip Sayce, a Canadian. He's the former guitarist for Melissa Etheridge, & former second Guitarist for Jeff Healey, & has a Stevie-influenced style, albeit drenched in a lot of reverb. Check out his performance at the NAMM guitar show, with Yngwee Malsteem in the audience (Yngwee thinking “I weel Keel you”) – on the YouTube video titled “YouTube - Yngwie Checking Out Philip Sayce @ Fender_NAMM 2009.mp4”.
Philip also got praised by Bon Jovi when Bon Jovi saw him perform with Melissa Etheridge. See YouTube video “JON BON JOVI REACTS TO PHILIP SAYCE AT GRAMMY EVENT”

-John Mayer also does a good live imitation of Stevie Ray on several Youtube videos.
Msg: 28
view profile
Blues Artists Similar to Stevie Ray Vaughan
Posted: 8/17/2012 12:47:23 PM

you might just want to plug him into and see what you find.

That is the best advice. I have found artists similar to other artists I like using Pandora.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Blues Artists Similar to Stevie Ray Vaughan