Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Why was and is god necessary to have been invented?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lyingcheat
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Why was and is god necessary to have been invented?Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

Some of you poor souls are assuming you know too much .You are hardly on this earth a few years and want to come and shout out your silliness as fact .

Says the doggedly persistent proselytiser of evidenceless silliness.
 Demigod1979
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Why was and is god necessary to have been invented?
Posted: 9/14/2012 4:57:22 AM

Why do you assume that Almighty God owes any of you minions any explanation on anything?

I don't expect a fictional character to explain anything to me. However, I do expect an explanation from those people who believe in this being, when it's called for. My question is, why are you even posting random messages like this? (aside from trolling)
 lyingcheat
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2012 7:28:20 AM

God was neither created or invented; the notion of "god' is something that is HARD wired in our DNA...

And it was that claim ^^^ I asked you to support - which you still haven't done.

Oh yes I have; but you chose to ignore it or overlook it; If you did so on purpose then you are just being disingenuous and/or intellectually dishonest. If you did so inadvertently then you should pay more attention to detail and/or sober up (before posting on to such a thread).
/snip/
Open your blood-shot eyes! The proof is in the pudding! when you see identical twins with the same genetic disposition (pathologic or otherwise); is genetically derived; same goes for those who are introverts; extroverts; and all varieties within. Such is it with religious fervor; some are more inclined toward it, yet others are less inclined; its all scripted in your genome!

Vacuity, evasiveness, and ad hominems don't amount to support. If they did your posts would be meaningful and informative, rather than being senselessly confused opinion pieces filled with factoids you've snatched out of thin air to prop up your irrational conclusions. Unfortunately for you.

Homo sapiens are social animals, we (in common with most primates) have lived in social groupings for our entire history, yet proto-'religious' behaviour (concern for the dead/indications of burial rituals) is a comparatively recent development.
So while it might be true that 'religious' activity developed independently and almost ubiquitously across diverse cultures, it's clear that it evolved from, that is - it was a consequence, of various other factors related to 'being human', that is - other causes.

Some have been mentioned (the human tendency to ascribe events to the activity of an 'other' or 'agent' for instance), and science is occupied, as we speak, with discovering the others. You should note that the quest for the origins of 'religious belief' is of particular interest to such scientific disciplines as anthropology, psychology, and neuro-science.
Not biology or genetics as one might expect if 'notions of god' were "HARD wired in our DNA".

Speaking of biology, it's amusingly contradictory that you argue on the one hand that humans are driven by a 'higher purpose' and seek to distinguish us from the 'lower' animals, who allegedly operate instinctually, while simultaneously arguing that we possess inborn motivation (instincts) that drive us to automatically believe in god things.

That's ^^^ the trouble with arguing from an irrationally prejudiced position, people tend to opportunistically claim anything at all that seems to support their position without noticing it's inconsistent with other claims and therefore incoherent in terms of the over all argument.
 mark777771
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2012 2:18:05 PM
thanks bro. lol I have to proof my stuff in the future
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 69
Posted: 9/14/2012 9:16:55 PM
@Irreg

A lot of scientists don't agree with you.

So what if they don't; they are far from being able to rule out that very possibility, and until (or if) that happens, my views are as good as theirs!

Religion being a maladaptive by-product of a successful adaptation for avoiding unseen predators.

Every ancient society(of which there are so many) that modern scientists have uncovered (or discovered); have all been shown to have (in some form) a belief in some type of deity (or belief in something far greater than themselves) which often has been "honored" by some ritualistic behaviors; activities, or projects. Thus, by asserting the above premise (and those who promulgate it); you are in effect saying that virtually every (ancient) society which developed in isolation (or not); was tainted by this maladaptive "by-product of a successful adaptation".

I would be inclined to agree with you if it were found that (for argument's sake) only as few as 1/3 (or even 1/4) of these ancient societies were able to escape being victimized by this 'so-called' maladaptive by- product; and manged to flourish WITHOUT as much as a hint of harboring a belief in some type of deity or supernatural force! And not only just to flourish, but to do it far better and less encumbered than their deistic counterparts!

------------------------------------------------------------

At Cheat

If they did your posts would be meaningful and informative,

the real fact is; that you lack the capacity to discern what is truly "meaningful" and "informative" if it doesn't conform to your nearsightedly anemic domain of reason (or a facsimile thereof). Thus you (and your ilk) will continue to be shackled by a mindset devoid of any current of creativity; as doing so is strictly prohibited by your inability to think outside the box! Put differently, if folks like you were to have predominated during the middle ages; the Renaissance would never have taken place!

yet proto-'religious' behaviour (concern for the dead/indications of burial rituals) is a comparatively recent development.

Huh? this is not invariably the case at all! There have been indications that (as you say) "concern for the dead/burial rituals (albeit simplistic) were conducted even by the Neanderthals (who were certainly not from the same lineage of H. sapiens; or H erectus)

So while it might be true that 'religious' activity developed independently and almost ubiquitously across diverse cultures, it's clear that it evolved from, that is - it was a consequence, of various other factors related to 'being human', that is - other causes.

Oh silly me! Why couldn't I think of it; why it should have been obvious that "religious' activity arose from "OTHER CAUSES"

See! Now you are just talking straight out of your 'rear-end'!
You admit that religious activity developed ubiquitously & independantly, but you ascribe it to "other causes" which is about as weak & vacuous as anyone can get! This is simply because your own irrational bias forces you to confine your thinking well within your cereal (brain)box.

and science is occupied, as we speak, with discovering the others. You should note that the quest for the origins of 'religious belief' is of particular interest to such scientific disciplines as anthropology, psychology, and neuro-science.
Not biology or genetics

Man, do you actually know WTF you are talking about?
The imperatives of anthropology & psychology is to identify the existence (or practices) & type of religious belief; within a given culture and NOT the origins of it! Given the ubiquitousness of it; it clearly originates deep within the psyche of mankind! And some wish to take it even further by postulating that it is ingrained within the human genome in some way. As I've said, this is not in anyway incongruous with origin of other human traits or tendencies (some noble, some not). Put differently; the human genome is to humanity like what Lake Victoria is to the Nile & its history.

Speaking of biology, it's amusingly contradictory that you argue on the one hand that humans are driven by a 'higher purpose' and seek to distinguish us from the 'lower' animals, who allegedly operate instinctually, while simultaneously arguing that we possess inborn motivation (instincts) that drive us to automatically believe in god things.

This is another good example of you being confused on the meanings of terms. An instinct is what you see of a newborn when he/she suckles on a breast for nourishment; The infant can't discern what he/she is doing or what this important activity is for; it just does it!That is different when it comes to being religiously inclined; even though we may be hard-wired for it; it does not mean that the genetic tendency is instinctual. The genetic wiring exists sort of to facilitate humans towards that particular venue of behavior, collectively more than individually. We often see "religion" as the by-product of this undertaking, but it doesn't necessarily have to be that; it can be virtually any organized collective that embodies the whole society and drives it in a certain direction.

That's ^^^ the trouble with arguing from an irrationally prejudiced position, people tend to opportunistically claim anything at all that seems to support their position without noticing it's inconsistent with other claims and therefore incoherent in terms of the over all argument.

^ More babble out of your butt! This would actually be true if you indeed knew exactly what is truly consistent and what isn't!

Enough said!
 Demigod1979
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2012 6:27:00 AM

Every ancient society(of which there are so many) that modern scientists have uncovered (or discovered); have all been shown to have (in some form) a belief in some type of deity (or belief in something far greater than themselves) which often has been "honored" by some ritualistic behaviors; activities, or projects. Thus, by asserting the above premise (and those who promulgate it); you are in effect saying that virtually every (ancient) society which developed in isolation (or not); was tainted by this maladaptive "by-product of a successful adaptation".

I would be inclined to agree with you if it were found that (for argument's sake) only as few as 1/3 (or even 1/4) of these ancient societies were able to escape being victimized by this 'so-called' maladaptive by- product; and manged to flourish WITHOUT as much as a hint of harboring a belief in some type of deity or supernatural force! And not only just to flourish, but to do it far better and less encumbered than their deistic counterparts!

The fact that we all have this by-product is not surprising since agency detection was present far back in our evolutionary history (while we were still in Africa). It was critical for our survival since a false positive is less costly than the opposite (running away from a non-predator vs being eaten). Thus we would be hard-wired to look for agents even when they're not there, which is the most plausible source for a god belief. The maladaptive part comes with changing from detecting a tiger in the bush to a man in the sky, basically applying our penchant for agency detection to the forces of nature.
 Page 2u
Msg: 71
Posted: 9/15/2012 7:49:05 PM
I think God was invented to lift the burden of responsibility from those who would be King.
Times gone bye, a leader who screwed up too many times would loose their head.
So—they came up with a way to transpose the responsibility of fate, to a deity that was, all powerful.
The king would say—it’s not my fault,, but I will go and have a chat with ‘God’, and see what is to be done—for I am the chosen one !! lol.. brilliant scam..

That’s why it took a couple of thousand years for the church to hesitantly // humbly—accept a ‘degree’ of dualism.

However I think we all know there are things that we cannot explain or understand
and our brain seems to need at least, a ‘word’ to describe it.

Just beware of the translators.. smile.
 lyingcheat
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2012 8:28:37 PM

A lot of scientists don't agree with you.

So what if they don't; they are far from being able to rule out that very possibility, and until (or if) that happens, my views are as good as theirs!

This ^^^ is just a variation on the 'gap' argument used by theists everywhere. In terms of offering support for whatever premise is inserted into the gap the argument is valueless.

Homo sapiens are social animals, we (in common with most primates) have lived in social groupings for our entire history, yet proto-'religious' behaviour (concern for the dead/indications of burial rituals) is a comparatively recent development.

Huh? this is not invariably the case at all! There have been indications that (as you say) "concern for the dead/burial rituals (albeit simplistic) were conducted even by the Neanderthals (who were certainly not from the same lineage of H. sapiens; or H erectus)

Even neanderthal burial rituals, which incidentally tend to negate the concept that homo sapiens are unique in relation to speculations about what happens to grandad when he pops off, are comparatively recent in terms of how long hominids have been banding together.
Do you know anything about the timeline of hominid evolution?

Some have been mentioned (the human tendency to ascribe events to the activity of an 'other' or 'agent' for instance), and science is occupied, as we speak, with discovering the others. You should note that the quest for the origins of 'religious belief' is of particular interest to such scientific disciplines as anthropology, psychology, and neuro-science.
Not biology or genetics as one might expect if 'notions of god' were "HARD wired in our DNA".

Man, do you actually know WTF you are talking about?
The imperatives of anthropology & psychology is to identify the existence (or practices) & type of religious belief; within a given culture and NOT the origins of it!

All you are doing is communicating how little you know about the direction and methods of the research into the origins of religious belief.
Anthropologists find out the who, where, when and what (form), psychologists are enquiring about the why and what (need), and neuro-science studies the which in terms of which regions of the brain are employed and the implications thereof.
Even a limited examination of the current research would tell you that, but since you are ignorant in that regard one must conclude you haven't troubled yourself to make even a limited examination of the current research.
This perhaps explains the disconnect between your posts and anything meaningful or relevant.

This is another good example of you being confused on the meanings of terms. An instinct is what you see of a newborn when he/she suckles on a breast for nourishment; The infant can't discern what he/she is doing or what this important activity is for; it just does it!That is different when it comes to being religiously inclined; even though we may be hard-wired for it; it does not mean that the genetic tendency is instinctual. The genetic wiring exists sort of to facilitate humans towards that particular venue of behavior, collectively more than individually. We often see "religion" as the by-product of this undertaking, but it doesn't necessarily have to be that; it can be virtually any organized collective that embodies the whole society and drives it in a certain direction.
(my emphasis)
I know what instincts are and I'm aware of the limits, but it wasn't me who claimed 'notions of god' are "HARD wired in our DNA". That was you.
Though you've been progressively backing away from that claim with the various qualifications you've added in subsequent posts. For instance, the language you've used in the passage I've emphasised in the above quote is somewhat different to your original claim - "God was neither created or invented; the notion of "god' is something that is HARD wired in our DNA... "

Keep going in the direction you're going and soon you'll arrive at the rational position - that homo sapiens are social animals who developed or evolved various mechanisms to facilitate survival of the individual and the group. Having supernatural agents that are on ones side and who can see who is being nice and who is being naughty are tools that serve both ends, as well as being handily versatile all-in-one explanations for the incomprehensible complexity, from the primitive homo sapiens point of view, of 'life, the universe, and everything'.

Ubiquity of belief and independence of arrival are not evidence that something is "HARD wired in our DNA".

Despite that you're pointing the finger at me, it's actually you that's confused about the 'meaning of terms'. You are jumbling up innate behaviours, instincts, reflexes, and learned behaviours and mashing it all together with biological characteristics that define 'being human'.

Very few behaviours are inborn, innate, or "HARD wired", in humans. You mentioned an infant suckling as an instance, but that is regarded as a reflex - not an 'instinct' as you claim. The 'instinct' behind it is, of course, the survival drive - which everything alive seems to possess, though there's some argument that even that isn't an 'instinct' since people can, and do, disregard it.
Language is ubiquitous and arose all over the world too, but it isn't inborn or "HARD wired in our DNA". It's much more complicated than that and is generally regarded as an expression of potential arising from certain cognitive pathways.
Funnily enough... people laugh in exactly the same way all over the world - regardless of culture and even age. People blind from birth go through the same escalating stages of mirth that culminate with the head thrown back and the eyes closed despite never having seen anyone else laugh. It's thought to be innate - an inborn process that always follows the same pattern.

People all over the world 'fold' their arms, but it isn't inborn and it isn't "HARD wired in our DNA", it's a behaviour that develops as a consequence, one of the many, of having arms.

But say... if it isn't, according to you, anthropologists or psychologists (and you ignored the reference to neuro-scientists), who are investigating the alleged 'hard wiring' in our DNA - who is it?
Is it biologists? Geneticists? No one at all, because the facts about 'DNA hard wiring' are something you personally 'just know'?
pfft.
 TheOgre
Msg: 73
Posted: 9/18/2012 8:48:16 AM
To return to the OP briefly here, you ask why was "God" invented?

First, you need to realize that "God" was not invented by humans, rather humans were invented by God. Now a lot of you are going to jump up and say the Bible is 2000 years old roughly (based upon the calendar) that says Christ died 2012 years ago approximately. How do you know it was 2012 years ago? The bible also says that 12 thousand dozen dozen spaces are in heaven hence the Jehovah's Witnesses belief that there are only a limited number of slots in heaven and once they are filled, that is that.

In reality, none of us actually know for a fact how old the Bible is or how long ago those stories happened. I do believe a few years back there was news of Noah's Arc being discovered near the top of a mountain. If this is truly an Arc how did it get there? As we continue, we also know that there was a BC (Before Christ) mentioned in the Bible, we call it the Old Testament. It references people (individuals) living for hundreds of years. So let's say an average generation lasted 100 years, hmmm... Doesn't take long to get to 1000 years at that rate does it?

God is denied by many due to the fact that they believe they can not touch, taste, smell, hear or see him. Okay, I can't see a scientific theory beyond what is written in many cases. Can you prove to me that neurons exist in the brain? Can you show me personally, the interior components of an atom without a drawing? Yes, this means I want to see them or we shouldn't recognize them as more than theory. While we know we need air to breathe, can you prove to me visually actually oxygen that I can see? How do I know that invisible breeze is pure oxygen? Just because the canister it comes from says it is?

God is based upon Faith. I know God is real and I know God has an effect on my life everyday. I know that he intervenes when necessary to get me out of a jam I've gotten myself into. I know that he created humans and I recognize that the dating on the bible is an inaccurate estimate, not a set in stone to the second actually calendar of events. If it was, then it would have specific dates on it. I recognize that Christ lived far more than 2000 years ago on earth, I recognize that Adam and Eve were created millions of years ago.

I would beg to differ that an instinct of God is not hardwired into our DNA. From the beginning of time, for all records that we can see man has stared upwards to the skies and stars throughout day and night for answers. Man has always known there is a greater power than us and we have searched and searched for it. The reference to cave men and spirits is an example of that fact. Please tell me, if it is not hard wired into our DNA to search for these answers then who, through socialization, in fact taught and introduced the cavemen to these "spirits" that many are referencing as being just short of a God? Please keep in mind that a god is simply a spirit that has the ability to effect our lives for better or for worse at their sole discretion. Keep in mind, that many civilizations did in fact pray and make sacrificial offerings to these spirits.
 lyingcheat
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2012 9:10:15 AM

First, you need to realize that "God" was not invented by humans, rather humans were invented by God.

Rubbish.

I would beg to differ that an instinct of God is not hardwired into our DNA. From the beginning of time, for all records that we can see man has stared upwards to the skies and stars throughout day and night for answers.

We don't have 'records' from the beginning of time.

You are just making up ridiculous factoids.

Can you show me personally, the interior components of an atom without a drawing? Yes, this means I want to see them or we shouldn't recognize them as more than theory. While we know we need air to breathe, can you prove to me visually actually oxygen that I can see? How do I know that invisible breeze is pure oxygen? Just because the canister it comes from says it is?

You have an exciting journey in front of you.
Start here - http://www.teachthechildrenwell.com/science.html
Or here - http://www.sciencekids.co.nz/
 PROTON67
Msg: 75
Posted: 9/18/2012 12:41:07 PM
Here is a pearl of truth to cast before the swine with their heathen rantings against God ... Grab your ankles because you are about to take Armageddon up the wazoo. Enjoy. Woooo pig soooooooey!
 ComplekCity
Msg: 76
Posted: 9/18/2012 12:51:01 PM

First, you need to realize that "God" was not invented by humans, rather humans were invented by God.

Which version ?

Man has many interpretations of what " God " is but what " God " actually is .... well...no man knows for sure
 Demigod1979
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2012 6:42:05 PM

Then why does God follow the customs and traditions of each society? Wherever we look, at ancient Sumeria, Babylon, Egypt, Israel, Canaan, we have god(s) that magically coincide with whatever society they happen to be in. Also, why is God depicted as such a ruthless, blood-thirsty tyrant in the OT and a kind, loving, sacrificial God in the NT? What accounts for this seismic shift if God never changes? And finally, why does Jesus (who is supposed to be God) share so many traits with the other mythical heroes of the time? According to Lord Ragland's Hero (http://department.monm.edu/classics/courses/clas230/mythdocuments/heropattern/default.htm), Jesus shares 18 mythic characteristics out of 22, putting him between King Arthur and Hercules! Is it just a coincidence that this Jesus/God is like so many other invented heroes?
 lyingcheat
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2012 7:51:03 PM

Here is a pearl of truth to cast before the swine with their heathen rantings against God ... Grab your ankles because you are about to take Armageddon up the wazoo. Enjoy. Woooo pig soooooooey!

The true meaning of religion ^^^
Hatred, intolerance and apocalyptic destruction raining down on those who disagree with you.
And it's often espoused, hypocritically, by people with 'Jeebus Loves You' stickers on their cars who claim to belong to the religion of 'peace'.

So... thanks for that post. When the atheists on this board point out the potential for destructive lunacy built in in to religious ideologies it doesn't have quite the same forceful immediacy as an actual example.
 mark777771
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2012 6:10:36 PM
Proton67 you're a fraud. You claim to have Christ living inside you but spew out hate. You should have been a .... ...
 TheOgre
Msg: 80
Posted: 9/19/2012 9:25:33 PM
Okay, science says the electron exists within the atom. It also says that neutrons exist within an atom, but can you pick up an individual neutron or electron with your hand? Just an individual? I'm betting you can't as now your looking at splitting atoms and it might have an effect you wouldn't even realize happened. The rest of the world would according to science, but you wouldn't.

Now, I argued before that many deny God because they can not see, taste, smell, hear or touch him. They call him a myth, state that his existance is based upon the culture worshipping him. Did you ever stop to think that the religion is not based upon the culture, but rather the culture based upon the religion. Look at the Middle-East and how many times a day they pray, look at the Catholics, the Baptists, the Mormons and so on. Within the United States we have a basic culture, however individual cultures are based heavily upon the religion of the individual. Take the Jehovah's Witnesses for example. While the vast majority of the US celebrates Christmas this religion does not celebrate at all. To them it is just another day on the calendar, same for birthdays.

I'm curious about this for the non-believers. How many of you exchange gifts at Christmas time? If you don't believe then isn't any type of celebration then hypocritical?
 CressB
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2012 10:06:16 PM
^^^

Wow, looks like you got us atheists/agnostics locked down with that one. Backed in to a corner, nowhere to go. Guess we're all just going to have to start believin in god now. *facepalm*
 gingerosity
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2012 2:06:39 AM

I'm curious about this for the non-believers. How many of you exchange gifts at Christmas time? If you don't believe then isn't any type of celebration then hypocritical?

Just because we don't believe the stories and superstitions doesn't mean we can't enjoy giving sigillaria during saturnalia.
Careful who you call hypocritical... there are reasons the medieval church tried to repress gift giving.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2012 4:47:37 AM
^^^^ well said, as usual gingerosity.

If anyone is a hypocrite at Christmas, it is the Christian who puts up a tree (nothing to do with Christianity, stolen from old German pagan beliefs), gives gifts (again, stolen from pagans), goes caroling (stolen from Saturnalia), etc.

Even the idea that they are celebrating the birth of Christ is off the mark. It is actually not known when Jesus was born, but all calculations made in modern times, deduce that it was almost any time OTHER than December.

can you pick up an individual neutron or electron with your hand?

Yes I can. I'm tossing one up and down like a tiny tennis ball right now.

You don't believe me?

Oh ye of little faith.
 LinuxD
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2012 11:39:18 PM

The questions regarding god are pretty predictable, but why might religion have been necessary to be created to begin with?

To help man deal with his mortality. Some people find it extremely unsettling that we are born,live and then take a dirt nap.. thats it. end of story.. "BUT NO!!! THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING MORE!"

That is the curse of being human and having higher reasoning...

Religion was invented as a crutch for the weak minded to help them justify the good/bad action in their lives and give over control to some mystical power thus absolving them of any repercussions for their actions if they did it in the name of "X" whether it be "good" or 'bad" it depended on who was in power at the time. Now a days.. Ehhh.. Pick a religion.. and pick a mythological being.. what's the difference? Mythology is just a religion that is no longer practiced by the majority.

"Jesus said He'd rid the world of evil doers, Odin said He'd rid the world of Ice Giants."

I don't see any Ice giants.
 Westley_Auryn
Msg: 85
Posted: 9/22/2012 3:20:40 AM
I see Ice Giants everywhere. XD
They are big mean things that prefer to persist as unyielding obstacles to what can be allowed.
I think Odin knew Sutr would become a necessity eventually.
 Kugelblitz
Msg: 86
Posted: 9/24/2012 3:52:40 PM
Of course, Ken, it is troll. I am a little surprised that so many people have fallen for it or responded to it. Rejection of God is for people who are void of sufficient reach of logic and reason to find actual resolution.
 Demigod1979
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2012 4:37:44 PM

Rejection of God is for people who are void of sufficient reach of logic and reason to find actual resolution.

And of course that's why science has to rely on faith and believing without evidence... oh wait, it's the other way around :p
 J_bird61
Msg: 88
Posted: 9/26/2012 10:24:57 PM
It's a spiritual evolution you are referring to, I think.
I don't know that it was invented, per se. Maybe rather - developed/grown?

There's a chain like the physical evolution chain.
I do believe that the notion of God or something larger and more mysterious has been around for longer than you have referred.
The mono - god is more recent yes. Evolving.
 MissesMiko
Msg: 89
Posted: 9/29/2012 6:23:18 PM
One always has control when you can keep the masses in confusion!
So as long as the masses are always looking outside of themselves for this greater deity----they'll ALWAYS be seeking! ;)
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Why was and is god necessary to have been invented?