Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TDH49
Msg: 54
interesting demand on profilePage 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Neither the thread topic nor my post and the one above it are about people saying how cute a little kid is. The point was about adults saying how attractive, how appealing a teenager is
Where in my post that you quoted did I say anything about "Appealing" or ANYTHING that could be viewed as something sexual?. I said commenting on a teenage boy being good looking, or a young lady being very pretty, I see nothing wrong with harmless compliments, and I most certainly don't view them as " Creepy". So add as many words you want to get the results you want, then go back and reread my post that you quoted and see if it adds up.

Teenagers are getting complimented all the time by adults. Whenever a adult friend comes over(male or female) they comment on your child looks "My look how much he/she is growing, he is such a handsome young man- beautiful young lady, you should be very proud". Which parent has not heard a version of that in regards to their child? What exactly is creep about something like that, only a very with a disgusting perverted mind would view that as "creepy".
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 56
interesting demand on profile
Posted: 3/26/2011 3:13:35 AM
I had a GF once who would see a hot girl and ask if I saw her....When I'd reply "yes!" she'd often say "You had better have noticed that!"

My current girlfriend has been standing near me when women have walked up, hugged me and kissed me on the lips...sometimes open mouthed.
 MsMicki
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2011 6:15:16 AM

I reckon the guy in the OP was looking for a threesome.

That's a bit of a reach there isn't it?
Msg: 58
Posted: 3/26/2011 6:28:52 AM
He sounds like an emotionally abusive jerk who wants some meek mousy woman who will just sit there and take it while he openly goes on and on about how hot the woman is at the next table.

Everyone looks but to be vocal about it to your partner is just completely classless.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 59
Posted: 3/26/2011 8:30:41 AM

It sure is! Wow!

He sounds like an emotionally abusive jerk who wants some meek mousy woman who will just sit there and take it while he openly goes on and on about how hot the woman is at the next table.

The only women that I'VE known that could have that kind of interaction are the VERY secure, outspoken and openly sexually liberated ones!

The kind that would encourage the guy to take a look or make a move....and expect the same in the presence of a hot guy!
Msg: 60
Posted: 3/26/2011 9:07:59 AM
Like I said "Classless".
 SylvanSwan
Msg: 62
Posted: 3/26/2011 1:46:52 PM

What would make me wonder OP about this guy is: why it is so important for him to notice every woman that happens to be in the vicinity of his lookers and then comment?

I got two more.

He's not blind, and he's not dead. ~Walts

Nowhere did I refer that looking at people was wrong. The question I had was why he wants to do it excessively and comment on same?

....look but don't stare....verbalizing is unnecessary. say it in your own mind but not outloud....instead verbalize your own date's beauty to her, not another woman's beauty...yes I am generalizing. sue me. ~romancemann

Bingo and thank you. And no I have no intentions of suing you...lol.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 63
Posted: 3/26/2011 6:21:35 PM
But a middle age man doing the same thing to a teenage girl has to be a pervert that's thinking evil thoughts.

As a former teenaged girl, that lovely compliment was about 95% of the time followed by a grope attempt if there were no witnesses. And there could be weeks between the compliment and the attempt. For the five per cent who are innocent, they have my sympathy, lol!

As for the reverse? I had a client who used to embarrass the chit out of everybody -- her helpers, her kids, her friends, with inappropriate comments to guys in their teens and twenties. You could almost see them in the distance looking for a hiding place as she advanced their direction. But as embarrassing as she was, I don't think she ever lifted one finger to make it so. . . .

BigBadNIrish
Msg: 64
Posted: 3/26/2011 6:40:13 PM
OP...read a profile that had the offending statement...so, there's never been an email exchange...call...first meet...

My thoughts are that over the years couples develope these senses that allow them to be out sitting somewhere people watching and commenting...what I find odd is telling strangers using a dating profile noting this is what to expect during the first meet n greet....I sit I look you and I talk about it....gee can they get to know each other a little before the girl watching/running commentary starts.
 daffie
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2011 2:16:41 AM
i wouldn't be interested in meeting this guy.
he seems like a bit of a w*nker.
maybe someone once told him he was "god's gift" and he believes it?

i appreciate beauty as much as the next person but if i was out with a man and he spent all his time blatantly ogling other women i'd happily leave him to it.

boorish and classless!...
 bcsofnc57
Msg: 68
Posted: 3/27/2011 12:57:29 PM
At least he warned you up front. I think what he is wanting to do is just rude. I think when two people are on a date, they should concentrate on each other, and not be so worried about the rest of the world passing by. Dating is meant to be a time of getting to know each other.

As to what he said about women who have a problem with it having self worth issues, it just goes to show that people can come up with excuses for all sorts of bad behavior.

There is no way I would be bothered with a man like that. When I am out with someone, during that date I expect it to be all about me, as I would make it all about him.
 Gashlycrumb_Briny
Msg: 69
Posted: 3/27/2011 1:11:56 PM
There is thoughtful appreciation and there is lechery. Guess you'd have to hang out with him for a bit to find out which category his "verbalizations" fit into. Mostly I'd wonder why this guy thinks his opinion is so very important that the world needs to hear it every time one pops into his head. Also, his sentence is completely ambiguous.

woman who dates me needs not have a problem with

Needs not have a problem because...he doesn't do it, or because he wouldn't date someone who does have that problem? Poor sentence construction. *sniff*
 Big_fun_wave
Msg: 70
Posted: 3/27/2011 2:11:10 PM
Nope! That's gay! I like to admire feminine beauty most of the time as well. However, I would not do it while on a date with someone. Or at the least I may discreetly look, without commenting. But any woman I went on a date with that ogled and flirted with other men, would get her walking papers from me. That's just disrespectful. He must be a real narcisssist.
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 71
Posted: 3/28/2011 9:51:06 AM

so i asked him to elaborate on "enjoying": he wants to be able to verbalize it when he sees an attractive woman and if a date can't handle that then she has self-worth issues.

I'll give him an "A" for honesty, and an "A+" for being a complete douche nozzle.
 Yew4ics
Msg: 72
Posted: 3/28/2011 2:49:47 PM
I would think if a man feels the need to comment on other women passing by, he must be bored to death on this date. Either that, or he is simply the worlds biggest dolt. So, either way..it doesn't work for me. Personally, I only date men that I can't take my eyes off of, when with them. I want to be captivated. and I hope to have that same effect on whoever I'm with. I want the rest of the world to just go away on both sides. Isn't this supposed to be about let's get a room ? Even if we don't get a room this soon, I want to be thinking it. I don't want to be concerned with other people walking by. I can people watch anytime. I'm here to do something out of my ordinary routine. If one or both of us isn't thinking that, then let's say goodbye. So call me one track minded..I can live with it.
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 73
Posted: 3/28/2011 6:52:41 PM

Even if we don't get a room this soon, I want to be thinking it.

And THAT, my fellow PoFers, is what "chemistry" is all about for a woman.

No chemistry...no thoughts of the sack!
 4ms4me
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2011 8:07:40 AM
It's never bothered me when my partner expressed appreciation when he saw an attractive woman; I've even pointed out women he may have missed. I could get bent out of shape, but it seems pointless ... he's with me, I'm a sure thing, she's a passer-by. What's the harm if he admires someone else? Unless he starts trying to pick her up, it doesn't matter how much he looks, and if he's looking with a view to picking-up, he'll do that whether he's verbalizing his attraction or not.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 76
Posted: 3/29/2011 12:58:27 PM
I think you can put anything you want on your profile.
I agree with honesty and all that, but I do think putting
this particular demand on it is going to make some people
notice and not respond. But then I get the impression the
person would only be interested in the people that would
respond anyways...so it all works out.

I look at attractive people all the time. I don't stare at them
and I would never comment on the attractiveness of someone
else if I was on a date. Just not something I'd do. (not something
I'd appreciate hearing either) I also wouldn't walk up to someone
I knew and give them an open mouthed kiss on the lips if I was with
a date or a boyfriend. Jaysus. (ahahahahahahahaha)

I have a second job in retail and I work with a lot of young kids
and college kids. I've been known to comment that so and so was
a cutie patootie or something along those lines. I don't think anyone
thinks I'm particularly creepy, I'm sure they know I mean it in a nice
way. So I also agree that these things said depend entirely upon the
circumstances.
 petiteblueeyedgirl
Msg: 77
Posted: 3/29/2011 3:55:53 PM
Oh my...let me guess?

His relationships never last but he still hasn't figured out why and your friends are so accustomed to poor behaviour from men that they have a sliding scale of what constitutes immmature egocentrism:).

Think you were being too kind and doing him a favour yet it is my guess he had to use a dictionary or he is still licking his wounds and trying to think of a redeeming come back. lol

Don't think you will be hearing from him again, thankfully...too bad he wasted your time. Next!
 NotElvisJunior
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2011 5:50:23 PM
Hrm, I wonder now . . . . . is the point of view of the average person that:

"I'm just looking and casually noticing that a member of the opposite sex is attractive, but YOU'RE staring at them and being a jerk."

*shrug* who knows?

On the other hand, it does parallel nicely with the "I have preferences, YOU'RE a superficial jerk" philosophy, on which I've opined in a thread dedicated (light-heartedly) to just that.
 Walts
Msg: 80
Posted: 3/31/2011 6:29:39 PM

Not sure why he would feel compelled to mention it on his profile?

Reread the majority of the last 4 pages. His reasoning is very clear when you see the replies that have been generated about his proclamation of his "enjoyment" of the abundance of feminine beauty. I'm bettin he was hopin he could just look at it, and not have to listen what could come out of said beauty.
 Jillian1963
Msg: 81
Posted: 4/1/2011 6:40:06 AM
First of all If I saw that in a profile would not have contacted him!
 happybunny8
Msg: 84
Posted: 4/1/2011 1:46:44 PM

^^^he back pedaled after that saying it was a matter of semantics and poor wording on his part and he really wanted to meet me.

hahahahahaha. That answers everything. Of course he feels that way now. The stuff men do just to have a partner or have sex can be really funny.

It's the written word, it's not like he didn't have the time to think of a good response.

It's obvious to me that he is an idiot. I can't stand men who change their opinions or anything else just to meet a woman or get laid. In reality, it's kinda sad.
 english lass
Msg: 85
Posted: 4/1/2011 2:23:09 PM
Yup, he sounds disrespectful to me too

Unless he has a mind like a sieve he doesn't *have* to say everything he thinks
 Out_of_the_Ash
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2011 10:19:40 PM
lol war of the sexes raaaages on!! Gotta love these forums.

Personally, if I am with someone and happily in love with the person I am in a relationship with, I get "blinders" that are automatic. I don't find people other than them attractive, even those who I would have before hand.

I don't expect other people to be the same way, though, and I do think it is classless and ridiculous when they seem to go out of their way to be dramatic about it. Like they've never seen a woman before. My ex had a friend who, when we would watch tv together and a "hot chick" would come on tv with a big rack or whatever, he'd be all like "WOAAAH". LOL. Of course the poor guy wasn't gettin' any, so he was probably hypersexual or overcompensating. I like him though, so I have nothing bad to say about him.

As someone who has walked along the street and noticed a guy driving by in a jeep with a woman beside him and giving me the wolf eyes as he drove past and was even craning his neck like the Excorcist as he kept going, I have to say it's not really appreciated and feels rather creepy and it was rude to the woman he was with. And watch the facking road, man!

Eh. Sometimes they can make you feel violated the way they look at you. I don't understand that. It's not going to make me want to have anything to do with them. :\

I guess it's all in the delivery, or lack thereof. I don't really care if my partner looks, I just don't want to hear or know about it.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >