Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 browneyesboo
Msg: 76
interesting demand on profilePage 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I think you can put anything you want on your profile.
I agree with honesty and all that, but I do think putting
this particular demand on it is going to make some people
notice and not respond. But then I get the impression the
person would only be interested in the people that would
respond anyways...so it all works out.

I look at attractive people all the time. I don't stare at them
and I would never comment on the attractiveness of someone
else if I was on a date. Just not something I'd do. (not something
I'd appreciate hearing either) I also wouldn't walk up to someone
I knew and give them an open mouthed kiss on the lips if I was with
a date or a boyfriend. Jaysus. (ahahahahahahahaha)

I have a second job in retail and I work with a lot of young kids
and college kids. I've been known to comment that so and so was
a cutie patootie or something along those lines. I don't think anyone
thinks I'm particularly creepy, I'm sure they know I mean it in a nice
way. So I also agree that these things said depend entirely upon the
circumstances.
 petiteblueeyedgirl
Msg: 77
interesting demand on profile
Posted: 3/29/2011 3:55:53 PM
Oh my...let me guess?

His relationships never last but he still hasn't figured out why and your friends are so accustomed to poor behaviour from men that they have a sliding scale of what constitutes immmature egocentrism:).

Think you were being too kind and doing him a favour yet it is my guess he had to use a dictionary or he is still licking his wounds and trying to think of a redeeming come back. lol

Don't think you will be hearing from him again, thankfully...too bad he wasted your time. Next!
 NotElvisJunior
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2011 5:50:23 PM
Hrm, I wonder now . . . . . is the point of view of the average person that:

"I'm just looking and casually noticing that a member of the opposite sex is attractive, but YOU'RE staring at them and being a jerk."

*shrug* who knows?

On the other hand, it does parallel nicely with the "I have preferences, YOU'RE a superficial jerk" philosophy, on which I've opined in a thread dedicated (light-heartedly) to just that.
 Walts
Msg: 80
Posted: 3/31/2011 6:29:39 PM

Not sure why he would feel compelled to mention it on his profile?

Reread the majority of the last 4 pages. His reasoning is very clear when you see the replies that have been generated about his proclamation of his "enjoyment" of the abundance of feminine beauty. I'm bettin he was hopin he could just look at it, and not have to listen what could come out of said beauty.
 Jillian1963
Msg: 81
Posted: 4/1/2011 6:40:06 AM
First of all If I saw that in a profile would not have contacted him!
 happybunny8
Msg: 84
Posted: 4/1/2011 1:46:44 PM

^^^he back pedaled after that saying it was a matter of semantics and poor wording on his part and he really wanted to meet me.

hahahahahaha. That answers everything. Of course he feels that way now. The stuff men do just to have a partner or have sex can be really funny.

It's the written word, it's not like he didn't have the time to think of a good response.

It's obvious to me that he is an idiot. I can't stand men who change their opinions or anything else just to meet a woman or get laid. In reality, it's kinda sad.
 english lass
Msg: 85
Posted: 4/1/2011 2:23:09 PM
Yup, he sounds disrespectful to me too

Unless he has a mind like a sieve he doesn't *have* to say everything he thinks
 Out_of_the_Ash
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2011 10:19:40 PM
lol war of the sexes raaaages on!! Gotta love these forums.

Personally, if I am with someone and happily in love with the person I am in a relationship with, I get "blinders" that are automatic. I don't find people other than them attractive, even those who I would have before hand.

I don't expect other people to be the same way, though, and I do think it is classless and ridiculous when they seem to go out of their way to be dramatic about it. Like they've never seen a woman before. My ex had a friend who, when we would watch tv together and a "hot chick" would come on tv with a big rack or whatever, he'd be all like "WOAAAH". LOL. Of course the poor guy wasn't gettin' any, so he was probably hypersexual or overcompensating. I like him though, so I have nothing bad to say about him.

As someone who has walked along the street and noticed a guy driving by in a jeep with a woman beside him and giving me the wolf eyes as he drove past and was even craning his neck like the Excorcist as he kept going, I have to say it's not really appreciated and feels rather creepy and it was rude to the woman he was with. And watch the facking road, man!

Eh. Sometimes they can make you feel violated the way they look at you. I don't understand that. It's not going to make me want to have anything to do with them. :\

I guess it's all in the delivery, or lack thereof. I don't really care if my partner looks, I just don't want to hear or know about it.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >