Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > If you could do it again: Would you vote for Obama Today?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CMonster
Msg: 226
If you could do it again: Would you vote for Obama Today?Page 10 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)

but what have you to say about the content

The cartoon "South Park" has better content in my opinion.
 flyguy51
Msg: 227
If you could do it again: Would you vote for Obama Today?
Posted: 10/20/2011 7:19:53 PM
Ok...the disclaimer before the trailer states that they are not calling President Obama a muslim...the trailer claims that they are misleading people to believe President Obama is muslim.

Of course, they want to call Obama a Muslim. To build a case against him for being part black would just be bigoted.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 228
Posted: 10/20/2011 7:32:40 PM

the racist card is thrown on the table.

Excuse me...you're the one who asked about that bullshyte link accusing President Obama of being muslim...you bought up the racist card..while being....ahem....
 flyguy51
Msg: 229
Posted: 10/20/2011 7:46:01 PM
Annnnnd on three: the racist card is thrown on the table.

But what do you have to say about the content of the race card?

This just in: Muslim is the new black.

Edit:

WTF has the religion of Islam to do with African Americans or even native Africans with a religion? hmmm?

To spell it out: it has become merely another way to classify a person as an outsider, a "them," a subclass. A leper, in Biblical parlance.
 flyguy51
Msg: 230
Posted: 10/20/2011 8:07:11 PM
First you cheered, and now you're disappointed?

I didn't call you a racist. I addressed the subject that you presented. I doubt that you prefer being ignored.
 flyguy51
Msg: 231
Posted: 10/20/2011 8:25:29 PM

But let us not be derailed from the subject

I don't really know what derailment you are referring to, but the substance of the discussion is thinning quickly, so let's back it up a tad: for the sake of argument, let's assume that Obama is a Muslim. Please discuss what that means as President of the US.
 flyguy51
Msg: 232
Posted: 10/20/2011 9:03:47 PM
That bit from the Quran seems to resonate quite well with this quote-- I'm sure you know the author quite well:

America was not the nation to actually declare, seek nor desire war with these murderous and violent savages.
We were forced to act in order to put an end to Americans suffering ongoing al Qaeda attacks on our own nation, her people, and on our own soil, attacks 0ccurings quite frequently while Clintons lazy a$$ sat around gettin his jollies off in the oval office.
Not that America first began suffering brutal attacks on Clintons pansie a$$ watch, no, we had indicted Laden for previous attacks against us many times during that whole decade but our efforts to catch the cave dweller failed.
Clinton only enforced the Arab world that Americans were cowardly, ignorantly believing wed continue to endure their persecution.
After an attack as devastating as the one on 9/11, had W been as big of a pansie as Clinton and done nothing, it would have further reinforced our reputation for cowardice. It would have raised the reputation of all terrorist groups by showing that we tolerate terrorism to avoid war. (oh and spending your beloved money)
Simple logic tells us that further attacks against us which would continually grown more devastating wouldn't simply stop. Why would it? If the terrorists had managed to gain access to some sort of extreme weapon, as they claimed they had by the way you'd be a dark spot on the back of a wall somewhere right now.
We were forced to fight, forced to defend, and were provoked to act.

Our immediate declaration of war, one fought by the worlds strongest military instantly spread a message that they may only choose between reforming voluntarily or having reform forced on them. Our furious citizens supporting a leader that finally showed that we were willing to fight, and that our reputation as cowards was bullsnit. Loud and clear was Americas message: we are extraordinarily dangerous when we do fight, and that it is extremely unwise to provoke us.
 CMonster
Msg: 233
Posted: 10/20/2011 9:06:16 PM
for the sake of argument, let's assume that Obama is a Muslim. Please discuss what that means as President of the US

Would it mean that Donald Trump could have been right in regard to something political? Now that's a scary thought.
 Imported_labor
Msg: 234
Posted: 10/21/2011 7:21:41 AM

Would it mean that Donald Trump could have been right in regard to something political?

How would "that" be political?
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 235
Posted: 10/21/2011 7:51:36 AM
Fly, you got that from the Qu'ran? Seriously?
 Imported_labor
Msg: 236
Posted: 10/21/2011 12:14:26 PM
^^^^ No, he said that it "resonates" quite well with the Qu'ran.

When I addressed that post before I thought that it was a confusing mess.
 CMonster
Msg: 237
Posted: 10/21/2011 6:26:30 PM

How would "that" be political?

That the President was either unfit or ineledgable to hold the position. Just a half @ssed distraction from things that actually mattered.
 jed456
Msg: 238
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2011 1:11:57 AM

That "bit" from the Quran may indeed resonate quite well with my work but you ask if Obama were a Muslim, how would that effect his Presidency..
Well for starters, he'd see you and I as the enemy, in need of being "punished" or killed. (not our true enemy) - al-Qaeda.
Huuuuge difference, bro.

Here we go again,Lets say for argument's sake Obama is a Muslim,So what?I hate to break it too you but this is not a Evangelical christian theocracy.In fact in the other post you kept harping on Romney being a Mormon.

I guess you don't follow the Constitution?
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 239
Posted: 10/22/2011 8:31:43 AM
President Obama announced on Friday that the last American soldier would leave Iraq by the end of this year, drawing to a close a divisive eight-year war that cost the lives of more than 4,400 troops, defined the presidency of George W. Bush, and helped ignite his own political rise.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/22/world/middleeast/president-obama-announces-end-of-war-in-iraq.html

Tell us again how President Obama lied when he said he'd pull us out of Iraq.
 cotter
Msg: 240
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2011 12:43:33 PM

Here we go again,Lets say for argument's sake Obama is a Muslim,So what?I hate to break it too you but this is not a Evangelical christian theocracy.
Apparently even though this is NOT an Evangelical Christian theocracy, the goal is to make it one.

Oh dear ... can you imagine how they would be spouting off if the president was a Humanist or Unitarian Universalist?
 CMonster
Msg: 241
Posted: 10/22/2011 4:14:53 PM

Because he said that he would have it done in 2009.

http://youtu.be/4WYTKj8pU5M
 Imported_labor
Msg: 242
Posted: 10/23/2011 5:29:38 AM

Because he said that he would have it done in 2009.

Well, welcome to the real world. We know that President Obama campaigned saying that he would end the Iraq war. In fact he tried to do that the first year but the entrenched Republican interests within the military resisted any moves towards ending the cash cow that GWB had given them to milk. They milked it so much that it brought our country to the brink of total financial collapse.

Even now that the president has announced that the military is definitely leavingIraq at the end of this year, the Republicans are elbowing each other to get in front of a microphone to criticize the president for not leaving a sizable military presence in Iraq.

The president didn't lie. I'm glad that he is finally able to fulfill that promise, and the Republicans can keep on throwing tantrums as long as they want.
 CMonster
Msg: 243
Posted: 10/23/2011 5:53:49 AM
The president didn't lie. I'm glad that he is finally able to fulfill that promise, and the Republicans can keep on throwing tantrums as long as they want.

That's very "political" of you to say, nice spin. His platform was based on personally set, timeboxed promises which no one could enact. Anyone who understands the chaotic Federal political system would recognize that. However, few people did and he was elected based on those "pie in the sky" promises.

Kudos to him for wanting to recall the troops, it should have happened years earlier. He didn't need to put such an unreasonable timeframe around it though. He could have said it would be one of his top priorities and would get it done as soon as possible while going through the appropriate systems.

But would saying that win him the election? Who knows. Like any politician, he chose to over promise, win the election and under deliver. Some people accept that type of service. Some of us realize that if we did the same thing in our jobs, we'd get fired; especially if we were two and a half years late on delivering a promise.

As the leader of a nation, one would assume his constituents would expect him to hold a standard one which mirrors their own at the least. But we'd have to evaluate the standards of the constituents, wouldn't we?
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 244
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2011 6:12:54 AM
Just for the sake of returning ti the ORIGINAL theme of this thread, and for clarities sake, I am putting in that:

If I could do it again, I WOULD still vote for Obama over McCain, for all the same reasons I DID vote for Obama over McCain.

HOWEVER, that does NOT mean that I will vote for Obama over who ever the Republicans and the other smaller parties might offer as alternatives THIS time around.

Obama did a number of things that he said he would, later than he said he would. He also did NOT do a number of things he said he would, and some of them (such as closing Gitmo) I am GLAD he didn't, others I am SORRY he didn't.

More than anything else, I have been frustrated that he hasn't stood up strongly for many of the things I DID hope for from him, such as opposition to the continued milking of my taxes by the rich and powerful interests that the Bushites worked so hard to favor.

He has also disappointed me by falling back on old 1975-era Democratic "solutions" to problems (such as "fixing" health care by forcing everyone to pay for it WITHOUT doing anything first to stop the insane overcharging that inflates it), and by sucking up to the opposition when it was clear that they had no interest in compromise or cooperation. His inexperience as my greatest concern four years ago, and it proved to be too big a problem for him.

But to have had to deal with McCain and Palin, and all the Republicans ho PUSHED us into this ditch running things, is beyond my comprehension to imagine.

Face it: Obama won, primarily because Bush and the GOP worked SO HARD to make America fear and hate them, and not because of any particular promise Obama made while running. The reason why the next race is going to be so close, is because the DEMOCRATS and Obama failed to provide the alternative to GOP corruption and mismanagement that so many wanted, instead offering a wimpy version of 1970's games.

If we all vote the GOP back in, I for one will not be doing so gleefully, but with resignation over the fact that I have a choice between fools and thieves as leaders.
 CMonster
Msg: 245
Posted: 10/23/2011 6:38:20 AM

Obama did a number of things that he said he would, later than he said he would. He also did NOT do a number of things he said he would, and some of them (such as closing Gitmo) I am GLAD he didn't, others I am SORRY he didn't.

I agree. Another promise he made which many would believe would be a good idea but one that had no chance of being enacted. Even though there are states with empty prisons that could hold the prisoners, housing them within the U.S. would be an extremely bad move security wise.

He has also disappointed me by falling back on old 1975-era Democratic "solutions" to problems (such as "fixing" health care by forcing everyone to pay for it WITHOUT doing anything first to stop the insane overcharging that inflates it), and by sucking up to the opposition when it was clear that they had no interest in compromise or cooperation. His inexperience as my greatest concern four years ago, and it proved to be too big a problem for him.

Another good point. The President is a good guy who means well but he's way over his head. He doesn't understand real causes of the problems in America and when he does eventually decides to act, we get something like the Health Care bill which only feeds the problem.

I would have liked to see him work closer to the people as the Governor of Illinois. If he were in that position with Rahm Emanuel as Mayor of Chicago, they could have got some work while gaining experience. I think it would have prepared him for the Presidential office at a later date.

But to have had to deal with McCain and Palin, and all the Republicans ho PUSHED us into this ditch running things, is beyond my comprehension to imagine.

If they had won I would have moved to Canada.

Face it: Obama won, primarily because Bush and the GOP worked SO HARD to make America fear and hate them, and not because of any particular promise Obama made while running.

You can't honestly say that his promises didn't sweeten the deal. Add that his campaign looked like the second coming of Martin Luther King and you have the heartstings of a nation being played after listening to the old, dusty, scratched up polka album for a couple of terms.

If we all vote the GOP back in, I for one will not be doing so gleefully, but with resignation over the fact that I have a choice between fools and thieves as leaders.

I know where to get tickets to Canada on the cheap. Let me know if you want a couple.
 Imported_labor
Msg: 246
Posted: 10/23/2011 6:59:59 AM

As the leader of a nation, one would assume his constituents would expect him to hold a standard one which mirrors their own at the least. But we'd have to evaluate the standards of the constituents, wouldn't we?

We've got to recognize that the country is deeply divided, and the standards of the constituents can't be indicted without taking into account the realities of the political divide.

If it makes you feel good throwing sh.t and insults towards the president and the Democrats, feel free to do so. I'm not a Democrat, and the only reason that I am a supporter of president Obama is the hate the Republican harbor against him. I have lived long enough in this country to know how damaging to the interests of the working class the Republicans have been, beginning with Nixon, continued by Reagan/Bush I, and then finally GWB finished the job of impoverishing millions and millions of working Americans who have lost the American dream of being part of the middle class.

Now, I will soon be part of the older segment of the population and I will be partially depending on Social Security. I contributed to Social Security all my working life, and I think that any political party that wants to cut what I am legitimately entitled to receive in my old age is an enemy of the people. They will never get my vote or the votes of many millions of older Americans.

So what if the president preferred to stay alive. Perhaps he learned a lesson from the past of the history of our country. He couldn't kill the cow that the military and the Republican associates where milking back in 2009. Now that cow is almost totally dry, so he can safely put in the back field.
 CMonster
Msg: 247
Posted: 10/23/2011 12:32:26 PM

We've got to recognize that the country is deeply divided, and the standards of the constituents can't be indicted without taking into account the realities of the political divide.

It is because the country is so polarized that we see the turmoil mirrored in the government. Why shouldn't we? Polarized people have chose people who are equally polarized to represent them. Politicians know this and cater to these groups because they know that as long as the do, they have supporters who will keep them in office. It's only going to change if the voters change.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 248
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2011 4:55:21 PM
The PRIMARY reason why the country IS so divided, is that the "scientific" political wonks in charge of manipulating the issues, found that the easiest way to gain self-blinded loyalist voters, WAS to insist that one half of the country was inherently out to "get" the other half.

There is a simple road BACK from a severely divided country: STOP with the nonsense, and lead a political movement that actually seeks to solve EVERYONE'S concerns, instead of declaring one sub group or another to be the sacrificial lambs who have to "suck it up."

I don't think that will happen any time soon, because just as the business science folks are sold on managing by numbers alone (without noticing that they have to address ALL of the numbers for that to work), so too the political guys are completely sold on getting into power by deception and manipulation, and fear of "enemies" alone (without noticing that they actually have to either destroy, or help the other half of the country to save THEIR half).
 CMonster
Msg: 249
Posted: 10/23/2011 8:01:49 PM

The PRIMARY reason why the country IS so divided, is that the "scientific" political wonks in charge of manipulating the issues, found that the easiest way to gain self-blinded loyalist voters, WAS to insist that one half of the country was inherently out to "get" the other half.

In a way it resembles a radical cult of extremist.

There is a simple road BACK from a severely divided country: STOP with the nonsense, and lead a political movement that actually seeks to solve EVERYONE'S concerns, instead of declaring one sub group or another to be the sacrificial lambs who have to "suck it up."

There are already groups out there attempting to do this. The problem is that the solution (focusing on the concerns) needs to happen once people agree to what is truly causing the problems instead of enacting knee-jerk solutions. Unfortunately, the process of understanding the true cause is not nearly as exciting (or emotional) as demonizing the other side.

I don't think that will happen any time soon, because just as the business science folks are sold on managing by numbers alone (without noticing that they have to address ALL of the numbers for that to work), so too the political guys are completely sold on getting into power by deception and manipulation, and fear of "enemies" alone (without noticing that they actually have to either destroy, or help the other half of the country to save THEIR half).

I completely agree. As long as people are willing to relinquish the job of identifying and solving the problems, politicians will continue to divide the county and camouflage the issues.
 CMonster
Msg: 250
Posted: 10/24/2011 3:44:00 PM

Any six sigma black belt could identify the root causes of our major issues in a month without taxing the 5 why methodology.

But wouldn't that put entire government agencies out of work and add to the amount of unemployed workers?

It hardly matters who is the next president. Power corrupts. Jefferson said "eternal vigilance is the price of liberty" and we have been sleeping on the job for over 100 years.
We allowed it all to happen but we want to blame someone else preferably someone in the political party of our choice. Until we take responsibility, we are in for more of the same.

The political system is so flawed and conveluted, it's just easier for people to pick a candidate based on who moves them the most and then support him/her based on pre-election promises and political party dogma. I've actually heard some people say that we elect people in order for them to decide what's best for us. We're not toddlers needing help to match our soxs, yet it seems that if we were, our "leaders" would have an even more difficult time solving the problem.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > If you could do it again: Would you vote for Obama Today?