Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > If you could do it again: Would you vote for Obama Today?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CMonster
Msg: 201
If you could do it again: Would you vote for Obama Today?Page 9 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
^^^^^
Well that's a ton of easily looked over information. But you missed the latest bit of the President's health initiative. It doesn't seem to have taken off as much as they predicted (er, "hoped"):

The Washington Post

White House eliminates insurance program for long-term care

By N.C. Aizenman, Published: October 14

The Obama administration cut a major planned benefit from the 2010 health-care law on Friday, announcing that a program to offer Americans insurance for long-term care was simply unworkable.

Although the program had been dogged from the start by doubts about its feasibility, its elimination marks the first time the administration has backed away from a key piece of President Obama’s signature legislative achievement.

Republican critics of the law immediately said the decision proved that the legislation is unsound and unsustainable. Every major GOP presidential candidate has pledged to work to repeal it.

Because the insurance program had been projected to reduce the federal deficit by $86 billion over the next 10 years, terminating it complicates the nation’s budget picture. It is now estimated that the health-care law will cut the deficit by $124 billion from 2012 to 2021, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

Known as the Community Living Assistance Services (CLASS) Act, the program was intended to be purely voluntary and open to all working Americans. It would have provided a basic lifetime benefit of a least $50 a day in the event of illness or disability, to be used to pay for even nonmedical needs, such as making a house wheelchair-accessible or hiring a home caregiver to assist with basic tasks.

The program was to be entirely self-financed with the premiums participants paid. Obama officials said that presented them with a problem: If they designed a benefits package generous enough to meet the law’s requirements, they would have had to set premiums so high that few healthy people would enroll. And without a large share of healthy people in the pool, the CLASS plan would have become even more expensive, forcing the government to raise premiums even higher, to the point of the program’s collapse.

For the past 19 months, experts in the administration had searched for ways to get around the conundrum.

Kathy Greenlee, assistant secretary for aging at the Department of Health and Human Services, announced its conclusion Friday: “At this point, we do not have a viable path forward to implement the CLASS Act.”

Rep. Phil Gingrey said the finding was long overdue. The Georgia Republican, who sponsored a bill to repeal the legislation, observed that more than a year ago the chief actuary for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services determined that the program was at significant risk of failure.

“I feel justified and vindicated,” Gingrey said. Like other Republicans, he predicted that this would be the first thread in the health-care law to unravel. “The bottom line is: As people start to understand this bill, you are going to see more and more of a domino effect,” he said.

Sherry Glied, assistant secretary for planning and evaluation at HHS, countered that the CLASS program was an isolated case whose practicality was questionable from the beginning. Indeed, she said, for this very reason, the law stipulated that the secretary of health and human services had to certify that any CLASS Act plan she designed would be solvent for the next 75 years before she could implement it.

“There is a very clear difference between that kind of uncertainty and the rest of the law,” Glied said.

Meanwhile, consumer advocates accused the administration of giving up too easily.

“I’m very disappointed,” said Connie Garner, who helped draft the CLASS Act while on the staff of the late senator Edward M. Kennedy (D-Mass.).

“CLASS is a critical backstop, giving working families a tool to protect themselves from being one illness or injury away from poverty,” said Garner, who directs a group called Advance CLASS Inc. “The president promised to implement this program. We expect him to keep that promise.”

The program was a long-cherished goal of Kennedy, whose support helped ensure that it was folded into the larger health-care measure despite resistance from prominent Democrats and even the White House.

Its path to inclusion was also eased by projections that, at least initially, it would boost the federal balance sheet by tens of billions of dollars. This was because the law barred the program from paying out benefits for the first five years. So by adding the program to the health-care legislation, Democrats were able to substantially increase the deficit savings they could claim for the law as a whole.

The move helped gain the measure’s passage. But on Friday, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) highlighted the strategy’s downside, saying in a statement: “The Obama administration today acknowledged what they refused to admit when they passed their partisan health bill: The CLASS Act was a budget gimmick that might enhance the numbers on a Washington bureaucrat’s spreadsheet but was destined to fail in the real world.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/white-house-kills-long-term-care-program/2011/10/14/gIQAVZLYkL_story.html
 VGLGuySksFun
Msg: 202
If you could do it again: Would you vote for Obama Today?
Posted: 10/16/2011 6:22:42 PM
Just out of curiosity, what do you think would be different today if McCain and Palin had been elected?
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 203
Posted: 10/16/2011 8:00:38 PM

Just out of curiosity, what do you think would be different today if McCain and Palin had been elected?
Nope, America would of been in the same boat, and remember even if McCain and Palin won, although I wonder if they would of had a republican house? Obama had the luxury of a Democratic house
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 204
Posted: 10/16/2011 10:49:29 PM
The health care bill saves money - the Congressional Budget Office made that clear when the Republicans in Congress tried to vote it out.

It's not even in effect yet.

This is less engaging with you (facts don't influence the true believers), more like refusing to let bullshit stand unchallenged.
 unYOUsual
Msg: 205
Posted: 10/17/2011 5:04:25 AM
True about facts..why don't you do some research into how Obamacare saves money..Everything I have found recently contradicts that...
"The CBO projects that over the next four years, less than two percent of the bill’s alleged “ten year” costs would hit: just $17 billion of the $940 billion in costs that the Democrats are claiming. In fact, the costs through President Obama’s entire presidency, should he be reelected, would be $336 billion. What would the president leave behind for his successor? According to the CBO, he would leave behind costs of $837 billion during his successor’s first term alone. If his successor were to serve a second term, he or she would inherit a cool $2.0 trillion in Obamacare costs — about six times its costs during Obama’s own tenure.
The CBO says that health insurance premiums would rise by 10 to 13 percent in the individual market, in relation to current law. The Medicare Chief Actuary says that the percentage of the gross domestic product spent on health care would also rise in relation to current law, increasing from 17 percent today to 21 percent in 2019. And, as the CBO reports in its latest scoring, as of 2019 there would still be 23 million people in America lacking health insurance.
In response to a request from House Budget Committee Ranking Republican Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, the Congressional Budget Office [CBO] confirmed that President Obama’s massive health care law will increase prescription drug prices. The CBO confirms the range of onerous restrictions and requirements will drive health care costs up, at odds with the claims made by its proponents. CBO’s letter specifies that manufacturers will have an incentive to raise drug prices and that, as a result, health care costs will increase for some seniors and for those who are uninsured."
The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) says that Obamacare would increase the national debt. The CBO writes that, by the end of 2019 alone, Obamacare "would amount to a net increase in federal deficits of $226 billion." Elsewhere, in a conclusion that only the truly credulous could accept, the CBO says that Obamacare would decrease deficits. But, as the CBO notes, that's before "factoring in that the [Medicare Hospital Insurance] trust fund would hold more than $358 billion of additional government debt by the end of 2019 compared with its holdings under current law."

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/21/opinion/21holtz-eakin.html
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 206
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2011 7:11:52 AM

GM and Chrysler not existing, now that would be sad.

Ford would be happy. Don't have to worry about competition for their truck division anymore lol.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 207
Posted: 10/17/2011 9:05:37 AM
PH, ridiculous.

McCain wanted to bomb Iran, remember? McCain and Palin would have continued or expanded the Bush administrations bad ideas, and we'd be further down the drain than we are already.

I'm not fond of Obama, but he at least stanched the bleeding. McCain Palin would have opened the other vein.
 CMonster
Msg: 208
Posted: 10/17/2011 8:24:55 PM

I'm not fond of Obama, but he at least stanched the bleeding. McCain Palin would have opened the other vein.

Didn't the President just send troops to Africa?
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 209
Posted: 10/17/2011 10:38:05 PM
Didn't the President just send troops to Africa?

Man, don't get me started.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 210
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2011 9:10:46 AM
Great... lets just hope this isn't another Black Hawk Down type of senario. This job is for the U.N. to get involved. It's not the U.S.'s concern.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 211
Posted: 10/18/2011 12:35:20 PM
Perhaps President Obama saw that GWB, perhaps the dumbest president of our times, was able to win a second election on the backs of our servicemen and two wars....those conservatives do like a good war or two to rattle their jingoistic swords.

A recent report shows that President Obama has raised more money recently then all other GOP candidates combined...lol...I'll bet the conservative evangelical fascist right wishes they hadn't rammed thru citizens united...
 CMonster
Msg: 212
Posted: 10/18/2011 6:02:54 PM

A recent report shows that President Obama has raised more money recently then all other GOP candidates combined...lol...I'll bet the conservative evangelical fascist right wishes they hadn't rammed thru citizens united...

So who's donating so much money? Is it the scrappy 99% who say that they don't have money for day to day needs or is it from the greedy 1% who are evil and should bail out the mess that the Fed's created?

Just curious...
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 213
Posted: 10/18/2011 6:19:48 PM
Just curious...

I'm not...I'm curious why all those non-live persons...i.e.... corporations...aren't heaping the cash on the GOP....could it be they won't back a bunch of losers
 CMonster
Msg: 214
Posted: 10/18/2011 11:14:29 PM
...could it be they won't back a bunch of losers

Perhaps the feel that their funds aren't needed. It isn't as if the GOP needed to rally against some imposing bill. Speaking of losers, how's that Jobs bill coming along, oh wait.... Hey, how's that health thing coming about? Oh wait, that's begun unraveling too. Well there's always TARP, ummmm...

Nah, they don't need to throw money at something when things in the other party are unraveling all on their own. We're seeing that throwing money at something doesn't mean it'll solve anything. I can understand why you aren't curious on where the money comes from since it'll just disappear in the end anyway.
 Imported_labor
Msg: 215
Posted: 10/19/2011 5:27:38 AM

Perhaps the feel that their funds aren't needed. It isn't as if the GOP needed to rally against some imposing bill. Speaking of losers, how's that Jobs bill coming along, oh wait.... Hey, how's that health thing coming about? Oh wait, that's begun unraveling too. Well there's always TARP, ummmm...

Nah, they don't need to throw money at something when things in the other party are unraveling all on their own. We're seeing that throwing money at something doesn't mean it'll solve anything. I can understand why you aren't curious on where the money comes from since it'll just disappear in the end anyway.

Talking about throwing money, I thought that TARP was one GWB's babies. Isn't that right? Now, I don't think that any money has been spent on health care yet. That hasn't prevented the health insurers from collecting more money from the American people blaming the future costs that are coming when the provisions of health care reform kick in.

It isn't true that all money disappear. I have read reports stating that some of the banks and corporations have returned the money they received during the bailout season started by GWB because they didn't want the government taking them to task for giving big bonuses to their executives while firing thousands of employees.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 216
Posted: 10/19/2011 5:51:28 AM
Yes, TARP was Bushs' baby...but, seems like per usual memories and attention spans are 15 minutes long or less long.

Perhaps the feel that their funds aren't needed.

Oh yea, this is exactly how our political system works....you unfund your candidate to ensure their success....

It isn't true that all money disappear. I have read reports stating that some of the banks and corporations have returned the money they received during the bailout season started by GWB because they didn't want the government taking them to task for giving big bonuses to their executives while firing thousands of employees.

Well there's that and "Too Big to Fail" legislation can cause banks now into forclosure where before they could still operate...it's hard for those executives to raid to coffers when the doors are closed.
 wisguyingb
Msg: 217
Posted: 10/19/2011 5:53:20 AM

I thought that TARP was one GWB's babies. Isn't that right?

Speaking of TARP

First House vote, September 29

Democrats voted 140–95 in favor of the legislation, while Republicans voted 133–65 against it

Second House vote, October 3

Democrats voted 172 to 63 in favor of the legislation, while Republicans voted 108 to 91 against it; overall, 33 Democrats and 24 Republicans who had previously voted against the bill supported it on the second vote.

In the Democrat Controlled the Senate the numbers are 74 in favor and 25 against.

40 Democrats and 34 Republicans in Favor of TARP and 15 Republicans and 10 Democrats against it. Then Senator Obama (IL) also voted in Favor of "GWB Tarp Baby".

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/110/senate/2/votes/213/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HR1424
 unYOUsual
Msg: 218
Posted: 10/19/2011 7:56:20 AM
TARP seems to be the only thing that actually worked as designed...unlike Obama's 2 Stimulus attempts...
 CMonster
Msg: 219
Posted: 10/19/2011 8:09:25 AM

Yes, TARP was Bushs' baby...but, seems like per usual memories and attention spans are 15 minutes long or less long.

You're right. You have seemed to forget that the Bush passed the bill with the urging of President Elect Obama. Are you sure it's even 15 minutes?
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 220
Posted: 10/19/2011 8:22:49 AM

You have seemed to forget that the Bush passed the bill with the urging of President Elect Obama.

Oh my...you are completely wrong...and let me tell you why...

TARP was Paulson and Bernanke's idea which was pushed by Bush and passed in congress on 10/3/2008.

President Obama was not elected until 11/5/2008...now I'm not much of a mathamatician...but, I'm pretty sure that October preceeds November in most years....and McCain voted in favor of TARP...I'm shocked you haven't said it was his baby....

Of course, President Obama and congress did get to spend the money.
 CMonster
Msg: 221
Posted: 10/19/2011 8:54:25 AM
^^^^^

The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com

Obama urges Bush, Congress to pass a stimulus package
The president-elect also pushes for a $25 billion bailout of the auto industry before he takes office.

By Peter Grier
posted November 7, 2008 at 6:11 pm EST

Washington

Barack Obama isn't president yet. He doesn't want to appear to be trying to usurp President Bush's authority. But he's still going to speak his mind – politely – about some things he thinks the government should do to jump-start the ailing US economy.

That was the overall impression President-elect Obama appeared to be trying to give in his first public remarks following his election as the nation's 44th occupant of the Oval Office.

In particular, Obama said that he believes that Congress should pass, and the current president should sign, some sort of broad government spending package as an attempt at economic stimulus.

"I want to see a stimulus package sooner rather than later. If it does not get done in a lame-duck session, it will be the first thing I do as president of the United States," said Obama during a press conference held at Chicago's Hilton Hotel.

Obama also urged the current administration to accelerate the provision of $25 billion in Energy Department loans for the auto industry. This money, already approved by both Congress and the White House, is intended to provide cash for hard-pressed US automakers to design and engineer new fuel-efficient vehicles.

Assistance for state and local governments struggling from declining tax revenues will also be high on Obama's agenda in his initial days in office.

"We are facing the greatest economic challenge of our lifetime and we're going to have to move swiftly to resolve it," he said.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D) of California has already called for a two-part economic stimulus package that would consist of a $100 billion package passed by a lame-duck session, followed by some sort of permanent tax cut after Obama's inauguration.

The first stimulus installment would include some kind of government-funded public-works effort as well as an extension of unemployment benefits.

Mr. Bush has said he is open to working with Congress on a stimulus package. But in the past he has opposed big US spending on new infrastructure, among other things.

"We've long said that the package that [House Democrats] have put forward so far was not something that we thought that we could support," White House spokeswoman Dana Perino said on Nov. 6.

The stagecraft of the initial press conference of the Obama executive era was clearly intended to send the message that dealing with the economy will be his administration's No. 1 job.

Members of his economic transition advisory board filed out first, forming a large semicircle behind the podium from which the president-elect spoke.

"Immediately after I become president I am going to confront this economic crisis head on," said Obama.

Obama faces two conflicting imperatives regarding the nation's problems, according to presidential transition experts.

On the one hand, he's being pressured to jump right in and begin to formulate policy. On the other, he does not want to become saddled with responsibility for policies that he does not yet have the power to design and implement as he sees fit.

"He's taking office at a time of our most challenging transition since the Great Depression," said Darrell West, vice president of governance studies at the Brookings Institution, at a Nov. 7 post-election seminar.

Perhaps Obama's biggest problem right now is unrealistic expectations, said Mr. West. To avoid a backlash of disappointment among voters, Obama may need to push at the beginning of his term for measures that can gain some bipartisan support and thus pass Congress relatively quickly.

"He can do that with a stimulus package," said West.

Obama is making the right move by assembling his White House team before moving on the cabinet, said Leon Panetta, who served in the White House as chief of staff under President Clinton.

In his first personnel move, Obama named Illinois Rep. Rahm Emanuel his chief of staff. But his next step should be assembling his economic team, in particular, naming his secretary of the Treasury.

"That's what America is looking for right now," said Mr. Panetta.

Obama, for his part, declined at his press conference to be drawn into speculation about possible Treasury picks. He will make cabinet appointments in due time, he said.

"I want to move with all deliberate haste. And I want to emphasize 'deliberate,' as well as 'haste‚' " he said.

Obama said that he had spoken with all living ex-presidents as well as the current president since Election Day. "They have all been very gracious," he said.

The president-elect was cautious in discussing his response to a lengthy congratulatory letter from Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

"Iran's development of a nuclear weapon is unacceptable.... I will be reviewing the letter and I will respond appropriately," said Obama.

And the president-elect noted that the choice of a White House dog is a "major issue" in the Obama household. While he promised his daughters they could have a dog if he won, one of them is diagnosed as allergic to dogs, so the new pet must be a breed that is "hypoallergenic," Obama said.

They would also like to get a shelter dog, but that may not be possible, given that most shelter dogs are "mutts like me," said Obama.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2008/1107/obama-urges-bush-congress-to-pass-a-stimulus-package
 CMonster
Msg: 222
Posted: 10/20/2011 11:10:41 AM
Has anyone heard about request that the President has made to designers and artists to design and submit ideas for a "Jobs" campaign poster? They (the President's campaign group "Obama for America") plan on selling the best design(s) as a poster. The funny thing is that they winning artist(s) will not get paid, but they will receive a copy of their design signed by the President.

Now didn't someone recently say that the President has acquired more funds than all of the GOP candidates combined? I think it's an impressive $60 million dollars. If this is true, why not pay the talented artist a few thousand dollars for their work, especially if it's going to be sold worldwide. Heck, why not give them a percentage of the revenue? Who cares if that is what businesses operate. Isn't the plan to stimulate the job market? Something isn't quite right here.

By the way, here's the text of the submission terms:

OMAMA FOR AMERICA PROMOTION SUBMISSION AGREEMENT
This Promotion Submission Agreement ("Agreement") is a legal contract between you and Obama for America ("Sponsor"). By clicking on the "Accept" button below or otherwise submitting any posters, artwork, drawings, sketches, designs, paintings, photographs, images, statements, or other materials or content (collectively, "Content") to or through barackobama.com/artworks (the "Site"), you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement. You must be at least 18 years old (or the age of majority in your state of residence) to submit Content to the Site.

PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE SUBMITTING ANY CONTENT. THIS AGREEMENT INCLUDES IMPORTANT TERMS REGARDING YOUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS IN CONTENT YOU SUBMIT FOR OBAMA FOR AMERICA "ART WORKS" CONTEST (THE "PROMOTION"); GRANTS CERTAIN RIGHTS AND RELEASES; AND MAKES CERTAIN REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND INDEMNITIES REGARDING THE CONTENT YOU SUBMIT.

In consideration of allowing you to participate in the Promotion, and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, you agree as follows:

License to Sponsor. You hereby grant to Sponsor a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide nonexclusive license to publish, reproduce, display, perform, distribute, adapt, edit, modify, translate, create derivative works based upon, and otherwise use and sublicense the Content, or any portion thereof, in connection with the Promotion and for other advertising and promotional purposes, in any manner, form, media or technology now known or later developed. You further grant to Sponsor the right to use your name, hometown, image and likeness on, and in connection with, the Content worldwide in any manner or medium now existing or later developed, in connection with the Promotion and for other advertising and promotional purposes, without separate compensation to you or any other person or entity. Sponsor will have no obligation to publish or use (except for the prize winning Content) or retain any Content you submit or to return any such Content or Promotion entry materials to you. You agree that it is your sole responsibility to obtain all permissions and releases necessary for the grant of the rights contained in this paragraph. You also agree to take, at Sponsor's expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits, licenses, and other documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect, or confirm Sponsor's rights set forth above in this paragraph. You will not be entitled to compensation for any use by Sponsor, or its agents, licensees or assignees, of the Content. Entries and other materials (including Content) submitted to Sponsor in connection with the Promotion (collectively, "Entry Materials") will not be returned to any entrant.
Promotion Official Rules. By submitting Content, you agree to participate in the Promotion and acknowledge that you have read and agree to all of the terms, conditions and rules set forth in the Official Promotion Rules ("Official Rules") available at barackobama.com/artworks which are incorporated into this Agreement by reference. Without limiting the foregoing, you understand and agree that as a condition of being awarded any prize, each winner will be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of the Official Rules, and any other required legal, regulatory and/or tax-related documents.
Representations and Warranties. You represent and warrant that: (a) you are eligible to enter the Promotion; (b) the Content is original to you and you are the owner of all right, title and interest in and to the Content and have the right to grant the rights granted herein or, alternatively, you have obtained all necessary rights and permissions to use and submit the Content in connection with the Promotion and to provide all the rights specified in this Agreement; (c) you have the unconditional right to submit the Content to Sponsor pursuant to this Agreement, and the Content and the use thereof as contemplated herein does not and will not violate or infringe upon any law or regulation or the rights of any third party, including without limitation any copyright, trademark, patent, or rights of publicity or privacy, or another other intellectual property, personal, or proprietary rights; (d) the Content does not contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system or data; (e) all statements that you assert as fact are true and accurate; and (f) Entry Materials will fully comply with the Official Rules. You acknowledge that it is your sole responsibility to obtain all permissions, licenses, assignments, and releases necessary for the grant of the license contained in this Agreement.
Waiver and Release. By submitting the Content, you hereby release Sponsor from any liability whatsoever, and waive the right to make any claims against Sponsor, arising out of, or relating to, the Content or the use of your name, hometown, mage and/or likeness as set forth in this Agreement, including, without limitation, claims of infringement, unfair competition, breach of implied contract, breach of confidentiality, and/or violation of any right of privacy or publicity.
No Confidentiality. You realize that Sponsor may have access to, or may independently create content and material similar or identical to, the Content you submit, and you agree that you will not be entitled to any compensation by reason of the use by Sponsor of such similar or identical material. You understand and agree that all Content submitted to Sponsor will not be treated as confidential, and you agree not to include or disclose any confidential or proprietary information of a third party in any Content.
Indemnification. You will defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor, and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors and assigns, from and against any and all claims, demands expenses, losses or liabilities including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees and punitive damages, arising out of or in connection with the Content, or any use thereof, including without limitation those arising from any breach, or alleged breach, of the warranties, representations and promises provided by you in this Agreement.
Miscellaneous. This Agreement, together with the Official Rules, embodies the parties' entire agreement and supersedes any prior agreement, express or implied, written or oral, with respect to the Entry Materials or Content. No modification, deletion, or amendment of any provision is binding unless in writing signed by each party's authorized representative. This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois without regard to its or any other jurisdiction's choice of law provisions. The parties hereby consent to the jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in the State of Illinois with venue in the State of Illinois. All of the covenants, terms, provisions and agreements contained in this Agreement will be binding upon, and inure to the benefit of, the parties hereto and, to the extent permitted by this Agreement, their respective heirs, legal representatives, successors and assigns. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of this Agreement, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, that provision of the Agreement will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to affect the intent of the parties, and the remainder of this Agreement will continue in full force and effect.
No purchase, payment, or contribution necessary to enter. Contributing will not improve chances of winning. Void where prohibited. Entries must be received by 11/4/11. You may enter by submitting a poster according to the Official Rules and instructions found here. Three winners will receive a framed edition of their poster signed by Barack Obama and a limited edition of the poster distributed by Sponsor (approximate retail value $195). Promotion open only to U.S. citizens, or lawful permanent U.S. residents who are legal residents of 50 United States, District of Columbia and Puerto Rico and 18 or older (or of majority under applicable law). Promotion subject to Official Rules and additional restrictions on eligibility. Sponsor: Obama for America, 130 E. Randolph St., Chicago, IL 60601.

http://www.barackobama.com/artworks/submission-terms
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 223
Posted: 10/20/2011 11:15:23 AM
CM, I've heard nothing about it, but as a (frustrated) artist, I expect to get paid for my work, unless I'm donating it for charity.

And as far as I'm concerned, no politician beyond the local level needs charity.
 CMonster
Msg: 224
Posted: 10/20/2011 11:32:29 AM

CM, I've heard nothing about it, but as a (frustrated) artist, I expect to get paid for my work, unless I'm donating it for charity.

Yeah, I would expect you too. The posters will sell for approximately $195 (see the submission terms) and they can't give the artist a couple of percentage points on the sale? C'mon.....
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 225
Posted: 10/20/2011 4:59:44 PM

Id like to ask everyone to give their opinion on the following citation

Ok...the disclaimer before the trailer states that they are not calling President Obama a muslim...the trailer claims that they are misleading people to believe President Obama is muslim.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > If you could do it again: Would you vote for Obama Today?