Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The Greatest World Problems      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 aremeself
Msg: 426
view profile
History
The Greatest World ProblemsPage 18 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
boy, over pop sure comes up a lot.

do yourself in, and the rest of us will see if it did any good.

raping the planet, not over pop, is a world prob.

after we are done using up most of the easily attainable resources, we'll HAVE to conserve, then we'll see some numbers of poor.

time to get that little self sufficient shack started.

regardless, we should all conserve, recycle, and live very moderately.

some of us don't know the meaning of moderate.
 MondoVman
Msg: 427
view profile
History
The Greatest World Problems
Posted: 3/17/2012 12:40:23 AM
We all die, so no, don't bother doing yourself in ahead of your time. T'would be senseless.
Instead, how about you moving to, in your opinion, some grossly over-populated society then report back on a monthly basis how well living there meets your notion of success or failure, - your opinion, after all.
 DameWrite
Msg: 428
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 2:08:09 PM
The greatest world problem is that so many are dummied down through their food, water, religion, politics, desperation, fear, greed, laziness and the media that they have no idea what is actually going on right under their noses!
 judydentures
Msg: 429
Posted: 3/17/2012 6:03:17 PM
You have it half right, half of the story. Yes, most people have no idea what is going on, but this is because the elites make certain that the real problems are never talked about. In fact, they are trying to silence free speech and have done so in most of Europe and Canada.
The greatest world problem is an elite class that fancies that it's not only better than the rest of us, but that it knows what is best for the rest of us. The elites, generally speaking, are greedy and evil, and their sense of entitlement knows no bounds. If the world's leadership were truly noble, then humanity might have a fighting chance.
 statemachine500
Msg: 430
Posted: 3/17/2012 6:57:33 PM
Making the net truly free would help.So much control and censorship now.
 Kohavah
Msg: 431
Posted: 3/17/2012 7:11:39 PM
Most of us see or experience situations that we know are not right. However, there are those who have assumed the position that since they recognize certain wrongs in the world... are worldly educated... are worldly successful, and have a cheering section that coaches and coaxes them...they must be the answer to the worlds greatest dilemmas.

These particular individuals have allowed themselves to become ignorant enough to think that they must have have arrived in the world, right at the time when the universe is in great need of their vast intellectual brain, and they are not afraid to use that brain power to insure that others follow their mass wisdom all the way to the depths of hell and back. Because these individuals are such good actors and are so convincing, telling others what they know they want to hear, the suffering masses choose the favorite orator or battle field leader to...falsely flatter...pretend to sympathize...hug them...visit them...rob them...persecute, prosecute and further enslave them.

We are not perfected and yet we are quick to think that we are all knowing and wise. The history of this planet and the people who have and do reside here prove that we are in our infancy and have much to learn. Each of us are like children who believe that we have the ability and the right to decide what is best for the lives of others, when in more ways then we care to admit, we are not balanced or ready to judge others, forcing them to follow our certain opinion, with police and military to do what we are not willing to do ourselves. It seems that individuals have the idea that they can vote for others to do their dirty work on their behalf, without being noticed as a shadowy participant. Personal self defence if not allowed, yet it is the only thing that we should be allowed.

For me, I do not choose to do the things to others that the governments in this world insist they have the right to do. Persecution and prosecution of unarmed innocent individuals is not just, therefore I do not choose anyone who would instigate this evil way. An evil choice is not a choice for me. I do not vote for any individual to be my voice. Nor do I desire to be the voice or force of law that would stand by and or represent those who desire I represent them in any way in their unjust demands on behalf of or against helpless innocent individuals.
 red_fir
Msg: 432
Posted: 3/18/2012 4:38:53 AM

Making the net truly free would help.So much control and censorship now.

The problem is, that from many perspectives, true freedom is indistinguishable from anarchy.....
 statemachine500
Msg: 433
Posted: 3/29/2012 6:26:53 PM

and therefore the Rights of the Defendant are in effect world round.
and it must be remembered that the anti-Jewish sentiment
of the allies was so great that they did not bomb the camps
where the Jews were being killed because allied government officials
wanted the Jews to continue dying in them and that the allies share
in the blame for the holocaust

Monty wanted to bomb the railways supplying the camps.
 judydentures
Msg: 434
Posted: 3/29/2012 11:03:37 PM
My God what total despicable LIES. Shame on you for spreading such lies.
Stupid and illogical nonsense. We didn't "bomb the concentration camps" because we "wanted the Jews to die?" You are a filthy and despicable LIAR. A number of my elders FOUGHT in that war, you despicable liar. The USA did everything in its' power to defeat the Nazis, and in case you forgot, we WON the war. May of the Jews died because of starvation from the bombing of railways and supplies were not able to get through. This was not some diabolical plan to harm Jews, it was the outcome of WAR.
I can't get over the sheer stupidity of this comment. If we'd bombed the camps we would have killed everybody in the camp. What, you think bombs can tell the difference between Jews and Germans? What kind of stupid pill did you take to believe these lies you are telling?
If it wasn't for American intervention, there wouldn't be a single Jew alive on the planet earth.
Shame on you, you filthy liar.
 statemachine500
Msg: 435
Posted: 3/30/2012 6:09:33 PM

May of the Jews died because of starvation from the bombing of railways and supplies were not able to get through. This was not some diabolical plan to harm Jews, it was the outcome of WAR.
I can't get over the sheer stupidity of this comment. If we'd bombed the camps we would have killed everybody in the camp. What, you think bombs can tell the difference between Jews

Churchill and his buddy Harris opted for terror bombing on the whole,not the railways.No railway and you can no longer transport Jews to the camps.Not that other methods might not be used elsewhere,but the camps were the method of choice.

You talk a little loud there bud.Maybe you forgot that America,Canada and Britain refused to take the Jews en masse?
 chameleonf
Msg: 436
Posted: 3/30/2012 6:20:39 PM
The greatest world problems? One in particular is apathy. A whole lot of sitting back complaining at length and a whole lot of not setting about to change what is being complained about.
 JDinMN
Msg: 437
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2012 7:57:39 PM
^^^ That is just what I was going to say.

Apathy is right up there at the top of my list as to what is ailing this world. Have we all become so lazy that we are only concerned with the things that directly effect us?

My philosophy is that everything effects us. We are all connected. What hurts you - ultimately hurts me. What is good for you - is good for me.

People forget, or do not realize the impact they can have on people's lives without even realizing it. For example, take the person who is having just one of the "worst" days in their life. They think everybody just sucks. Then driving home, you wave them over and then they realize that not everybody is that bad.

Versus. Accelerating so you don't lose your place in line and reinforcing their negative beliefs. Either way you affected their life. Apathy makes us not care.
 red_fir
Msg: 438
Posted: 3/30/2012 10:58:48 PM
Apathy may be more due to realization of consequences of past cures than disinterest in the future.....
One of the biggest problems looming is overpopulation, mostly due to stable growth, health care improvements, and minimization of war, we know how to reverse those trends but...... maybe its better to sit on our hands for a while.

Ditto with employment concerns, when married women didn't work, the elderly actually DIED, instead of taking the entry level jobs that teenagers desperately need to begin an independent life, and work accomplished was of greater priority than safety concerns we prospered, we know how to get back there but that would mean abandoning the course we've been on for the last hundred years or so.......

Same goes for industrialization, when the work aint being done by machines everyone could have a job, the planet would not be so polluted, and rather than all the money going to a few who can afford machines everyone could benefit from the work done...but....the few who own machines aint ready to give up those profits for the good of the nation quite yet....

Apathy, so many choices, so few clear benefits.
 HIV_STRAIGHT_GUY
Msg: 439
Posted: 4/12/2012 6:50:04 AM
WOW OP ... that's a DEEP philosophical topic!!!??? Imma bettin' your email is inundated!!!??? I think INDIFFERENCE is a big one!!!??? When a child gets prostituted or someone gets stabbed .... people tend to 'look the other way' !!! Oh ... ' It is not my kid' or ' I don't know that person' ( who got stabbed )!? What about hate!!!??? Hate is a form of desire that is 'cultivated' in one way or another, but for what incentive/motivation!!!??? How about deceipt ... I am sure many POF'ers are wary of this!!!??? You want the real DL .... check out the Old Testament ... it'll give your answers!?
 statemachine500
Msg: 440
Posted: 4/29/2012 6:54:17 PM

and the way i hear it britain and america made covert payments to bring the nazis to power be cause they wanted another easy win against germany to look good.

FDR cheat at the election to get elect four times and was a dictator most of America did not know he wasin a wheelchair although it was an open secret in washington.what else did he hide?

and lincoln in his house divide speech admited that the union could be dissolved because he did not think it would come to that.
the writers of the constitution took whole line practically word for word out of the article of confederation and paragraphs they took what they wanted'
but they didn't take the word "Perpetual" because they didnt want it
and put in" More Perfect" meaning "More Perfect" because it wasn't "Perpetual" and the states could keep there senators but not their represenatives as an inducment to rejoin. and he was a dictator too
and why did The president John adam say the elenction would tie every Time and be thrown into the congress and it tied in 2000?could it be they knew how to infleuence elections with the radio system then as they did in 2000?

the jew married jews for 3000 years and are inbred and because of their special diet a unique bacterial selection has occurred.
this does not make them bad it makes them stubborn and that can be a good quality at time when used right.
they are highly intelligent and need to marry blacks from africa as we all do.
high intelligence is a mutation away from the "Perfect" Original Black Human Pattern and with mutations come deficits.
and the present GodBrain Con figuration of the Brain mutated on Japan through Allopatric Speciation.
and then it spread back through human race it probably came from a set of quad girls born to two lesbian sisters.
and two each were to two fraternal twins that were sold as slaves and sent away as unlucky born atop of a volcano like mt. Fuji
and they had lighter skin than the rest of the village.
The Americans did lots of business with the Third Reich.Most people will decide for themselves who they wish to breed with.I think you might have way too much time on your hands bud.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 441
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2012 4:00:53 PM
Anyway...back to the OP topic.
The convergence of too many humans, consuming too fast and too much of finite resources is going to lead to an inevitable bust cycle where many of the other concerns will be exacerbated by human reactions to starvation and political chaos. The Smithsonian explored it a few decades ago and it holds true.
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/Looking-Back-on-the-Limits-of-Growth.html

But, tropical diseases emerging in Texas and further north around the world, and perhaps a pandora's box of ancient microbes might bring us down with a wimper instead of a bang.
http://wwwp.dailyclimate.org/tdc-newsroom/2012/04/ancient-ice-bugs
 starofgaia
Msg: 442
Posted: 5/5/2012 8:37:55 AM
Sex trafficking.
 PGL7
Msg: 443
Posted: 5/5/2012 1:14:16 PM
Obama is the single biggest problem in the world today!
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 444
Posted: 5/5/2012 1:16:50 PM

Stupid people who may or may not watch too much cable news.
 Justatrubblemakr
Msg: 445
Posted: 5/13/2012 9:00:43 PM
hmm biggest world problem . id have to say theres a few, organized religion globally is one of the biggest, then id say democracy, or the illusion of democracy, then id have to say capitalism and all the devastation done to secure it becomes a global system
 wildirishrosetoo
Msg: 446
Posted: 5/16/2012 5:52:50 PM
Since Israel is still pushing us to go to war with Iran, I'd say that Israel is certainly one of the world's biggest problems.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 447
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2012 7:44:20 PM
IMO one of the greatest problems we have is money buying our system of Govt.

It seems to me our representative system is being bought by those with the money to do so. Since the politicians make the laws they can make this practice part of everyday business in Govt. The rich can then use their money to game the system and make it work for them and to heck with everyone else.

I really don't know how this all came to be. To an average joe like myself it almost feels like a waste of time voting.After all, I don't have a million dollars behind my vote so maybe it does'nt count as much??But, I think that is what the rich are hoping "average joe's and Janes "will think.Apathy is their friend....

Get the money out of our politics. Make my vote count the same as a millionaires. Our declaration of independence stated all men are created equal. It did'nt say having more money made one better than another. Or that their voice would be heard above anothers.....
 statemachine500
Msg: 448
Posted: 5/20/2012 7:48:31 PM
Kind of an advanced form of gerrymandering.
 purfectmeow
Msg: 449
Posted: 6/7/2012 10:06:42 AM
The Crown, The Vatican, and The Capitol, controling western civilizations through greed.
Money, religion, and the military are sources of mass global chaos.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 450
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2012 3:51:18 PM
Outside money and Citizens United bought and paid for perhaps the biggest state election in history, outspending Dems 10-1 or more. Lori Compas, a mere citizen tried to challenge the machinery of money and summed it up best in saying." We don’t have government anymore, we have an auction. And that’s just not right."
http://leanforward.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/07/12089347-we-dont-have-government-anymore-we-have-an-auction-defeated-recall-candidate-tells-lean-forward?lite

Pretty much sums it up. The same folks who have disdain for unions and fairness, embrace corporate overlords and their ability to propagandize relentlessly, let loose the machinery of lies and manipulation, and successfully convince people hard pressed to sift through the propaganda and divisiveness, to vote against their own self-interests. No problem with billionaires telling them how to think and vote, but a big problem with groups of actual people uniting and trying to fight against corporate control. Mussolini referred to our current system as corporatism. “Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power”.

Wisconsin hopefully temporarily embraces many of the fascist tendencies of other failed empires past.
http://www.rense.com/general37/char.htm
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The Greatest World Problems