Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 starofgaia
Msg: 441
The Greatest World ProblemsPage 25 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
Sex trafficking.
 PGL7
Msg: 442
The Greatest World Problems
Posted: 5/5/2012 1:14:16 PM
Obama is the single biggest problem in the world today!
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 443
Posted: 5/5/2012 1:16:50 PM

Stupid people who may or may not watch too much cable news.
 Justatrubblemakr
Msg: 444
Posted: 5/13/2012 9:00:43 PM
hmm biggest world problem . id have to say theres a few, organized religion globally is one of the biggest, then id say democracy, or the illusion of democracy, then id have to say capitalism and all the devastation done to secure it becomes a global system
 wildirishrosetoo
Msg: 445
Posted: 5/16/2012 5:52:50 PM
Since Israel is still pushing us to go to war with Iran, I'd say that Israel is certainly one of the world's biggest problems.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 446
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2012 7:44:20 PM
IMO one of the greatest problems we have is money buying our system of Govt.

It seems to me our representative system is being bought by those with the money to do so. Since the politicians make the laws they can make this practice part of everyday business in Govt. The rich can then use their money to game the system and make it work for them and to heck with everyone else.

I really don't know how this all came to be. To an average joe like myself it almost feels like a waste of time voting.After all, I don't have a million dollars behind my vote so maybe it does'nt count as much??But, I think that is what the rich are hoping "average joe's and Janes "will think.Apathy is their friend....

Get the money out of our politics. Make my vote count the same as a millionaires. Our declaration of independence stated all men are created equal. It did'nt say having more money made one better than another. Or that their voice would be heard above anothers.....
 statemachine500
Msg: 447
Posted: 5/20/2012 7:48:31 PM
Kind of an advanced form of gerrymandering.
 purfectmeow
Msg: 448
Posted: 6/7/2012 10:06:42 AM
The Crown, The Vatican, and The Capitol, controling western civilizations through greed.
Money, religion, and the military are sources of mass global chaos.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 449
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2012 3:51:18 PM
Outside money and Citizens United bought and paid for perhaps the biggest state election in history, outspending Dems 10-1 or more. Lori Compas, a mere citizen tried to challenge the machinery of money and summed it up best in saying." We don’t have government anymore, we have an auction. And that’s just not right."
http://leanforward.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/07/12089347-we-dont-have-government-anymore-we-have-an-auction-defeated-recall-candidate-tells-lean-forward?lite

Pretty much sums it up. The same folks who have disdain for unions and fairness, embrace corporate overlords and their ability to propagandize relentlessly, let loose the machinery of lies and manipulation, and successfully convince people hard pressed to sift through the propaganda and divisiveness, to vote against their own self-interests. No problem with billionaires telling them how to think and vote, but a big problem with groups of actual people uniting and trying to fight against corporate control. Mussolini referred to our current system as corporatism. “Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power”.

Wisconsin hopefully temporarily embraces many of the fascist tendencies of other failed empires past.
http://www.rense.com/general37/char.htm
 statemachine500
Msg: 450
Posted: 6/7/2012 5:26:23 PM

Hey earthy.............

You wrote:
"Mussolini referred to our current system as corporatism. “Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power”."

An Italian system to compete against the British system.
 PGL7
Msg: 451
Posted: 6/7/2012 6:08:53 PM

Outside money and Citizens United bought and paid for perhaps the biggest state election in history, outspending Dems 10-1 or more. Lori Compas, a mere citizen tried to challenge the machinery of money and summed it up best in saying." We don’t have government anymore, we have an auction. And that’s just not right."
http://leanforward.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/07/12089347-we-dont-have-government-anymore-we-have-an-auction-defeated-recall-candidate-tells-lean-forward?lite

puppy, Was it an issue 4 years ago when Obama out spent McCain by double (over $400, 000)
Perhaps a recall of Obam is in order here.
We must right the wrongs of corrupting money in elections after all.
 Dreamer_in_SC
Msg: 452
Posted: 6/8/2012 12:23:27 AM

that why i went to the red chinese consulate april3in Chicago
and plead political asylum
and called the russian embassy in washington
and did the same
im being harrassed by washington.

hummm so that combined with....

so im leavin the New World
and going Home
and help them bury you.

seems to echo this in a mirror
and i don't belive it' smart to be stupid like most of America

didn't you get the memo?

China and Russia are not trying to bury the US. Their economic prosperity relies on it.

Who else is going to purchase the qty of raw materials from them that WE here in the US do?... NOBODY.

If the US stopped purchasing their products or resources then that means the demand for them would be reduced. Sure, other countries would purchase them but it would have to be at a much lower price in order to balance out to the same volume.

Since you likely would not understand how that all works (Based upon your assumption that those 2 countries wish for us to fail economically) I will help you out a little bit.... If the US economy failed then we would not purchase as many products (or now with ride hitching to space we add services into that mix as well) that basically means those 2 countries you mentioned would have to work harder just to export the same amounts.

Now if you have any type of understanding about those types of systems at all you would likely know about how China shifted over to investing into Canada by buying less US debt markers and more Canada's markers... (thus the reason the Canadian dollar has risen in value) You however would need to look a little closer and notice that Canada's exports are 85% of all Canadian exports are to the US and paid for with US Dollars.

So you see the markers China has stopped buying from the US institutions that shifted to the the Canadian side are STILL funded by US Dollars.

So you wanting to "bury as you put it" one of the major income streams those 2 countries has is likely why those 2 countries would never want you to be their citizen.

What did you expect?.... You expect to complain that this country is not taking care of you and offer to tell them something in exchange for those other 2 countries jumping at the chance for another person to have to take care of?

Good luck with that..... If you understood anything that they would have any interest in at all you would have already understood these types of economic relationships.

Basically put.... maybe a life reassessment is in order. Your own country does not think you are worth taking care of, and other countries as well do not think you are worth taking care of. Think that might be the HUGE clue that you are not worth the air you are breathing?
 ablankcanvas
Msg: 453
Posted: 8/5/2015 12:35:05 PM
Technology has not only helped us, but advances have created an entire set of new problems even science cant fix. It seems as though the domino effect is taking more than just an environmental toll. I was watching a documentary about how cell phone towers may be disrupting the way bee's communicate with one another, and they are dying as a result. I tried to find that study again to post the link, and now I cant find it. Imagine that.
 gingerosity
Msg: 454
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2015 1:53:28 PM
^^^ Do you mean this one from Apidologie?

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs13592-011-0016-x
 shirleywonton01
Msg: 455
Posted: 8/5/2015 2:24:59 PM

Technology has not only helped us, but advances have created an entire set of new problems even science cant fix. It seems as though the domino effect is taking more than just an environmental toll. I was watching a documentary about how cell phone towers may be disrupting the way bee's communicate with one another, and they are dying as a result. I tried to find that study again to post the link, and now I cant find it. Imagine that.

I agree with the documentary. Cell phones are good for emergency personnel, period. Jamming the waves with incessant transmissions is worse than the EMF's produced from above ground electrical lines where insect behavior has been repeated studied and shown to deteriorate.

Most humans are educated and programmed animals, they do not rise in consciousness. Nor even to the occasion of their own demise at their own hands.
 tallish3243
Msg: 456
Posted: 8/5/2015 2:32:25 PM
^^^^ there is somebody else who you very much remind me of. He was a brilliant mathematician and also had a hatred of technology. His name was Ted Kaczynski. Psychologically, you both are in about the same ball park. Look him up. LOL.
 gtomustang
Msg: 457
Posted: 8/5/2015 5:51:19 PM
the worst problem/issue is human stupidity. But you can't change human nature. You can work for justice, however. Humans are resilient, will put up with a lot of sacrifice so long as they feel there is a long term purpose towards it. ever work for an employer who can't give you a raise, but at least feels like they know where the business is headed and you'll at least have a job forever?

the Golden Rule--those with the gold, make the rules--has been found in every form of government, since at least the New Testament. but greed is what got us to not accept a cave as a house, and try for something better.

technology? factories replaced farmers, cars replaced horses, and now the internet is trying to replace the brick and mortar. you can move with the times, or you can try to be so good at doing things "The old way" that people love your craftsmanship.
 ablankcanvas
Msg: 458
Posted: 8/6/2015 12:52:28 PM
Great link Ginger- Thanks, but I still cant find the documentary I watched.
Gto- I do believe technological advances are awesome, except for when they damage our way of life. There's way too much of that going on in the world. If pollution, environmental disruption, disease (forms of cancer for one), and uninhabitable terrain are the by products of what science/technology believes to be advancements for humanity, is it all really worth it? That's the question I have been asking myself. Sure I like having the internet, a cell phone, and a car. However I will always ask myself if I am doing enough personally to help our planet. My compost pile, recycling bin, trash clean-ups, using cloth diapers when my kids were little, making home made soaps/lotions/cleaners , aren't even making a dent.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 459
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2015 2:13:04 AM
...the mistake that people too often make when talking about that special thing called "technology"...whether it's good or bad or blah blah blah...is to speak of it all as one big thing, which just isn't useful. It's either This or This or That specifically, but not just Technology...

...it's like speaking of all chemicals, trying to judge the goodness or badness of the very existence of all chemicals together. Water is good (unless it's drowning you, etc). Acid is bad (except when in a battery, etc). And that's it.

Technology is simply tools. Techniques. Ways of doing things. A pocket calculator or rocketship to the moon is no more a technology than a bird dropping a nut from high in the air so that it will crack when it hits the ground or the relationship between a mitochondrion and the cell within which it resides. Technology isn't anything new. It came into existence at the same instant that the first life form of any kind came into existence. In fact, oddly enough, in this sense Life is defined by technology and intelligence. Life is technology and intelligence. Mold, lichen, plants, animals, bacteria...all life. (Intelligence and technology are different things, but it just so happens that the same is true here for intelligence as it is for technology.) Every single living thing uses technology, and exhibits intelligence...else it could not be a living organism in the first place.

So, we must be mindful of the arbitrary lines that we draw between one thing and another, to refer to one thing as a technology but as if the other isn't. It isn't just technology. Instead, it's either this-specific-thing, or that-specific-thing. Or how the specific thing is employed or wielded.
 11qq
Msg: 460
The Greatest World Problems at the idiot people
Posted: 8/8/2015 6:48:34 AM
The former first lady was with Kim Kardashian and Kanye West while the most watched debate in the history of this country was aired on FOX. She was taking selfies with the two clowns.

Very presidential. lol
 SheldonCooper02
Msg: 461
The Greatest World Problems at the idiot people
Posted: 8/8/2015 7:28:21 AM
While you were asleep, or while Hillary and Kardasians were taking selfies, while Jenner was putting
on bra and lipsticks,

FBI (FBI Director James Comey) says that citizens should have no secrets that the government can't access

I say, Government should have no secrets that the Citizens can't access.
Not even in the name of national security which is 'often' a ploy to keep government illegal activities
secret.

Many of you do not understand or foresee the significance and seriousness of Comey's comment.
I have been saying for a long time, we have not progressed much, Governments around the world have
replaced Medieval Kings.

It is not technology that is a great problem, but the technology have fallen into the wrong
hands, control-freak people who run governments.

Copy and Paste

http://www.naturalnews.com/050653_police_state_national_security_FBI.html#ixzz3iETMmwfu
 dragonbytes
Msg: 462
Posted: 8/8/2015 7:34:57 AM
There doesn't seem to be any big problems in the world today. Perhaps that's the biggest problem, lack or real problems?

Perhaps the biggest future problem is the worldwide population continues to live a lot longer and there are fewer young workers to support the aging population. Things like medicare and social security are funded by the current workforce.
 11qq
Msg: 463
Posted: 8/8/2015 7:49:23 AM
B.O. says that Republicans are the same as those Iranians chant "Death To America."

what a great guy.
 ablankcanvas
Msg: 464
Posted: 8/8/2015 9:54:48 AM
lol... a world problem may appear to be the Kardashian's, and the drama associated with the media.
Drink you are more than correct in pointing out my loose use of the term "technology". I enjoyed reading your post.
As far as government replacing medieval kings- big brother really has been watching.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 465
Posted: 8/8/2015 12:50:28 PM

I thought it would be a good topic to discuss our personal philosophies as to what the greatest problems in the world are today.

You can't get a McRib all year round at McDonalds.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >