Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Does physical attraction have to happen on the first date?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 valenciacityx
Msg: 41
Does physical attraction have to happen on the first date?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
there has to be something, it certainly cannot be the milquetoast reaction, or the dead fish, or the related sibling feeling.....
for me it has never been about 'looks' so much as that inner voice telling me
'she is dangerous' every time. Not oooh she is hot, sexy, exotic, erotic, stacked, nope.
DANGEROUS.
and it is always when you least expect it, BAM. which is exactly why she is indeed dangerous.
 tatjana25
Msg: 42
Does physical attraction have to happen on the first date?
Posted: 4/29/2011 11:40:16 PM
It matters soooooooooo much! Don't see him again.
 daysleeper5
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2011 12:43:06 AM
Well it's more than just 'physical attraction.' Generally people won't end up on a date with someone they meet off a dating site if they didn't approve of that person's photograph(s). A picture can't tell the whole story though because it's flat and lifeless. Only the three-dimensional figure standing in front of you can tell the whole story. Even then it's more than just attraction. What you're looking for is chemistry, or sparks or a connection. It's like a gut instinct. Two attractive people can sit at the same table and not feel one degree of heat for the other. If you don't feel it on that first date, chances are it won't be there on the second one, either.
 KelleyNice
Msg: 44
Posted: 5/11/2011 2:05:07 AM
Unless the guy has money, if there is no physical attraction, I will not waste my time.
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 45
Posted: 12/13/2011 5:34:04 PM
Only if it's a blind date, and I didn't know what they looked like beforehand.

If I know what someone looks like and I don't find them at least mildly attractive, there is no first date at all. I know what I like as far as looks are concerned, so what would be the point?
That being said, however, my definition of physical attractiveness is much broader than most men, so I have no trouble SEEING physically attractive women all over the place (ones that I would like to "jump their bones"- ).

It's the mental attractiveness that is tricky.
 cutenperky2
Msg: 46
Posted: 12/13/2011 5:43:25 PM
I know I like someone when its time to end the night and I sad its ending. Thats enough for me to know that there may be something there. Of course i hope the feeling is mutual :)
 dmzvisitor
Msg: 47
Posted: 12/13/2011 7:58:15 PM
If I don't find someone unattractive (and that can be based on something they say, do, or something about their looks that just doesn't work for me, like skin that is rather plastic looking--no idea how they get it, but I've seen it), then I still need something to say "I enjoy this person's company" in a way that is better than being alone. I really enjoy being alone--it's rather rare in my life, and only someone who attracts me will be worth that 2nd date. I am like the other poster who wrote that the simple "visual" component of the attraction is rather minor--it has to be there, but can be very minimal--again, as long as I don't find them unattractive, the "visual" component is satisfied. But the other things--wit, intelligence, kindness, thoughfulness, voice, scent---those are all a lot more important.

And no matter how strong the attraction, it will be gone instantly if he says or does something I really dislike. Like a candle snuffed, gone and out. No point in sticking around past that!
 free4all131220
Msg: 48
Posted: 12/13/2011 11:31:31 PM

I know I like someone when its time to end the night and I sad its ending. Thats enough for me to know that there may be something there. Of course i hope the feeling is mutual :)

it is sweetheart, it is
 Pretty RI Lady
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2011 7:06:21 PM

I don't need to experience fireworks---however there has to be enough attraction present on the first date to the degree where I can envision myself being intimate with the guy at some point in the future. If not, there won't be a second date.

Agreed.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Does physical attraction have to happen on the first date?