Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Trump for President      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 4rumninja
Msg: 101
Trump for PresidentPage 5 of 326    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Its funny to see so many Liberals alleging racism in regards to many peoples views of Obama. Why is it ok to hate the policies of a White President, say disparaging things about him, vilify him? But when people dislike Obama's policies the first place his supporters go is to racism. It seems to me that those of you who excuse everything that Obama does are the ones with the real racist attitudes. Remember how all of you blasted Bush and Blamed Bush for everything that was wrong in America whether or not he was really responsible? Changing the standards that you held for Bush when Obama was elected is inherently racist. You do not hold him accountable for anything by doing this you have made a judgement that Obama needs a lower level of expectation than a White President.

Your post is so far off track....the Other guy isn't suffering...Everyone is suffering...

Please show some "Real" evidence that Obama has positively impacted the Economy,Jobs, Foreign affairs anything? Stating Hypotheticals about how things could have been is not Proof...

Most of the numbers that the White House has reported are wrong purposefully, the unemployment rate is now calculated differently after so many years is has been changed to seem lower than the actual number of unemployed.GDP...Government hiring effects that so the Real GDP is lower..the costs of Obamacare those numbers have been shown to be underreported....
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 102
Trump for President
Posted: 4/28/2011 10:33:51 AM

Terry Lakin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-xnC1aHswM

Leo Berman

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/12/02/925020/-Anderson-Cooper-Excoriates-Texas-Birther-Rep-Leo-Ber

I sat here totally amazed that a member of the house of representatives can be as stupid as Leo Berman...this man is clearly out of touch with reality.

Are there any people of color in the birther movement? I didn't think so.
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Trump for President
Posted: 4/28/2011 11:10:16 AM

Its funny to see so many Liberals alleging racism in regards to many peoples views of Obama. Why is it ok to hate the policies of a White President, say disparaging things about him, vilify him? But when people dislike Obama's policies the first place his supporters go is to racism.

Yeah, no.

I don't hear the racism card played when it's Obama's policy positions that are in question. But when a huge bruhaha is raised over documentation of the circumstances of his birth, circumstances that were not a problem to any election process officials nor any of his opponents in the election, it's not much of a stretch to wonder if when a bunch of white people raise such a ruckus if the true circumstances of concern were the race of his father rather than his qualifications as President.

Likewise, I was and remain a vocal critic of the George W Bush presidency. From my perspective, he was by far the worst president in my lifetime, which dates back to Eisenhower, and perhaps in the history of the country. But I've never based that criticism on his military, academic, or business credentials as some did, but rather on his policies and practices while in office.

I don't base my vote on what someone has done so much as what I anticipate they will do, most importantly on how their mind works so I have some sense of how they'll deal with situations we can't anticipate in advance, like 9/11.

This is a very difficult time for anyone to be President, and it's not going to be any easier over the next few presidential terms. Whoever sits in that seat is likely to be the target of intense criticism.

It's important and healthy for all of us to debate the merits of the decisions made by our President. It's a complete waste of time to divert our focus to questions as silly as Obama's record of birth, and I have to join those who question the motives of those who promote such diversionary tactics.

Dave
 Twilightslove
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Trump for President
Posted: 4/28/2011 11:30:29 AM
I was asked to start a Facebook page a while back and did. I'm from Texas. You could also say that I live in a very religious and conservative area of Texas. Do I think racism plays a factor in the things people say and do here? Yes.

My Facebook page is normally something I like to use for family and a few friends. The friends are mainly people I have not seen in a very long time. A lot of political and natural health stuff reaches my page as I used to discuss politics in various forums and I like natural health articles.

Heated items seemed to be popping up on my Facebook starting about two days ago and I was becoming a little concerned about what was appearing on my wall. It was a bit shocking to find out that some old time friends mother and aunts were a bit racist and that Obama was part of their targeted disdain.

You may wonder what made me decide it was because of race so I'll tell you why I think so.
One of my friends apparently voted for someone on American Idol via his phone perhaps? I don't know for sure as I do not watch TV. The picture and name of the person he voted for popped up on Facebook. It was a black man. His aunt immediately commented with "You are kidding????" The friend then changed his vote to someone else.

That with the comments about Obama plus the area I live in leads me to completely conclude that the birth certificate is about race.

Then another gentlemen that I went to school with was announcing hate for yet someone else I went to school with because he was LIBERAL. This gentlemen that was spewing hate was also reading and placing a lot of articles that show irritation with Obama and with immigrants.

Yes, it is about race.
 rpl55
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Trump for President
Posted: 4/28/2011 12:14:49 PM
CheshireCatalyst said:

The Birther movement is nothing more than a very poorly disguised attempt to get that black guy out of the WHITEhouse.

BigBadNIrish said:

Are there any people of color in the birther movement? I didn't think so.

Twilightslove said:

Yes, it is about race.

Are there racists in the "birther movement? Absolutely, but to try to make this a racial issue is disingenuous at best. In reality, the two most vocal birthers, especially early on, are very black.

Alan Keyes filed suit questioning Obama's eligibility, and considers Obama to be the destroyer of America.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2009/02/obama-birth-cer.html

Pastor David Manning hates Obama, and refers to him as the "long-legged mack daddy." He held a "trial" at Columbia University, in which Obama was found guilty of 17 counts.

http://atlahmedianetwork.org/?p=13101

If you want the official transcripts of the "Obama Treason Trial," here they are.

http://www.archive.org/details/OfficialTrascriptsOfTheObamaTreasonTrialpdfFiles

Read what these two guys have to say about Obama, then come back with the "it's all racism" canard.

RPL

RPL
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Trump for President
Posted: 4/28/2011 1:05:31 PM
RPL, it's certainly NOT all racism. The radical right will attack anyone not in lockstep with them for any number of irrational reasons, as Gore and Kerry experienced.

But there's no question that racism plays a role in much of the anti-Obama sentiment. Here in WV Hillary garnered far more primary votes than any candidate of either party, yet McCain was the overwhelming favorite in the general election. Please show me any substantive difference between the Clinton and Obama platforms leading up to that election.

I went far enough to take a peek at the summary of the "Obama Treason Trial" and found the following quote there the most laughable:

This is not a conspiracy theory. The facts in this case have become well established, as can be seen in these documents and elsewhere.

It reads exactly like a conspiracy theory, to wit:

Obama's life has been a trail of deceit and misdirection. Barack Obama continues to quietly operate in a plan devised to demolish Russia as a regional/global power, intended to benefit an axis of major corporations, but with complete disregard to the welfare of the American people as a whole.

So I guess the big push on health care and subsequent focus on energy and economic policy have all been diversionary tactics to keep us distracted on his true agenda to destroy Russia on behalf of some mysterious corporate cabal?

Pardon me if I file that whacky notion in the same garbage bin as this birther nonsense.

Dave
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Trump for President
Posted: 4/28/2011 3:11:33 PM
The biggest problem I've had with the whole birther thing from the beginning, is that it was OBVIOUSLY a complete put-on, created entirely because the people promoting it wanted an issue that had NOTHING to do with running the country, so that they wouldn't have to answer tough policy questions, or explain why they had eight years to do ANYTHING they'd claimed they believed in (such as Tort Reform), and failed.
I think it was conjured up, not so much in the belief that they would ever succeed in overturning the election of Obama, but to distract their OWN people away from the realization that they STILL have no real program to help the country.
It's part of what I think of as "anti-ism." The Left played the same game when I was growing up, coming up with all sorts of things to fear and hate about the conservatives, but never followed by any viable proposals to actually do anything constructive.
It's a very popular strategy, because if you DO want to fool a lot of people a lot of the time, just get them all thinking that there's a conspiracy of liars blocking the "good guys" from doing anything. You keep harping on it, even after it's proven false, until you get your side voted into power: then you ignore it, and do your own thing.
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 108
Trump for President
Posted: 4/28/2011 6:13:55 PM

But there's no question that racism plays a role in much of the anti-Obama sentiment....

Very True.
Yes, Birtherism is Racist (As is Donald Trump): Three Videos Tell You Why

In the wake of yesterday's surprise long-form birth-certificate reveal from President Obama, there's been plenty of incisive commentary explaining why the birther movement was offensive and racist, not to mention the insidious nature of conspiracy theories that won't go away. For those in our audience who want to digest that commentary themselves or want fodder to combat colleagues, cousins, or anyone who isn't convinced by the hard facts and evidence, here are three videos explaining the racial politics behind the birther movement...

http://www.alternet.org/newsandviews/article/573430/yes%2C_birtherism_is_racist_%28as_is_donald_trump%29%3A_three_videos_tell_you_why/
 Welsh474
Msg: 109
Trump for President
Posted: 4/28/2011 7:17:33 PM
One thing about living in a free country is that some are free to be stupid.

I'm not sure that these folks will let go of the birth certificate issue, the university issue, the race card, and on and on, they will just bring up something else to throw into the mix. The dogs out there will just find a new bone to chew on. Trump will not go away even when he gets laughed at, hell, folks have been laughing at him for years.
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Trump for President
Posted: 4/29/2011 7:26:47 AM

Ok...You know what? He DOES have some valid points here.

Like what?

Name one school we've built in Afghanistan that is better than any school in the U.S.

Name one country we've offered aid to that is in better shape than the U.S.

But how many countries with less resources than us offered us aid after 9/11 and Katrina? Lots.

We all live on the same planet, and we have this habit of helping each other out in times of need. Sorry if this offends you or some trumped up caricature of a prospective President.

I'll grant that some leaders have sometimes done stupid things, but not a one of them got where they were by being stupid people. And I can't remember any President ever accomplishing anything by calling the leaders of the Congress he had to work with stupid.

Now, what were those valid points you referenced?

Dave
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Trump for President
Posted: 4/29/2011 3:59:55 PM
The NYT has an editorial cartoon today, pointing out THE point...the one on top of the hood, that is the only honest point in the birther conspiracy.

http://www.uclick.com/client/nyt/bs/
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 112
Trump for President
Posted: 4/29/2011 4:12:25 PM
I know the birther movement isn't racist...Bill O'Reilly said so last night.
 daynadaze
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Trump for President
Posted: 4/29/2011 4:54:02 PM
Proof that one can be as stupid as you please in America, there are supporters for both Trump and Palin. Do people really think that being a big badass American thumbing our noses at other countries, at other people in need, is how to make America great? How stupid is stupid? And when people elect total idiots to run the country, then blame someone else, good luck with that one. America is not a business, it's not a trophy, it's not a way for over stuffed idiots to feel cool, it's a nation of peoples who need leadership for all, for what's best for all, not for some whiners to get their way. Trump knows people are stupid, he knows how to work them, he wants a trophy.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Trump for President
Posted: 5/1/2011 9:02:43 AM
Obama's timing on the release was excellent. It set him up for some really fine moment during his performance at the Correspondents' Dinner. He did an excellent Trump roast while the circus barker was in the room, struggling to retain his composure. Trump lost even more cred when he crowed about his amazing accomplishment after the BC release. People are praying that he runs at the top of the republican ticket.
 mysterywoman999
Msg: 115
Trump for President
Posted: 5/1/2011 9:12:27 AM
Donald Trump is a self-promoting, attention seeking, media whore. I can't believe most Americans would embrace these traits in a president when you are dealing with such major problems in the economy and society right now. If you want a tough businessperson, there are MANY more successful people than Trump with proven track records, who are NOT out there talking about how great they are at every turn. Sure, a president has to have a pretty big ego, but Trump's is in a class of its own. BTW, his wife would be a joke of a first lady.

I don't know why he is harping on about Obama's birth this long after the election. Then, when he got the proof he asked for, he wasn't smart enough or gracious enough to accept it and shut up already, he started to question its validity. That is pretty insulting to Hawaii and the people who work in its public records sector. I guess he thinks they are too stupid to spot a fraud, or too corrupt to care.

Maybe it's time for a constitutional amendment on the subject anyway. Like Canada, America was built by and for immigrants. I don't see the absolute necessity of being born in the States to be a good president. Canadian Prime Minsters don't need to be born here; he or she (yep, we've had a female PM) just has to be Canadian Citizen. The last person to hold office who was not a citizen was PM John Turner. He didn't last long, but I am sure the fact that he was born in England but raised here had nothing to do with that.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 116
Trump for President
Posted: 5/1/2011 9:39:23 AM
I grew up starting with President Kennedy...Presidents like Johnson, Regan, even Nixon, and to a lessor degree Bush 1 and Clinton...have all just seemed so presidential when addressing the American public...I just love it when a President seems presidential and polished...and this is how President Obama came off at the Correspondant's Dinner.

He had some great writer's for that speach and The Donald couldn't crawl into a deep enough hole when the President was done with him.
 HDready10
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Trump for President
Posted: 5/1/2011 10:07:51 AM
trump is not the answer hasnt he filed bankruptcy a couple of times?

if elections were held today obama would win easily.

obama makes trump look bad with jokes at littlejohn and how gary buscy was fired. these are the kind of folks trump is around or has employed?
trump would have a better chance if the cele apprentice show never existed.
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 118
Trump for President
Posted: 5/1/2011 10:22:47 AM

Obama took the "birther" issue head on, and in hilarious fashion, at the White House Correspondents' Dinner ... and he took a few shots at Donald Trump in the process.

He joked that now that the birth certificate debate was over, Trump could focus on more important things ... like "did we fake the moon landing?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=n9mzJhvC-8E#at=231

Well played.........

That was pretty good, but Meyers nailed Trump.

Seth Meyers remarks at the 2011 White House Correspondents' Dinner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YGITlxfT6s

Trump roast starts @ ~12:00
 daffie
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Trump for President
Posted: 5/1/2011 10:28:49 AM
trump's right...
the whole world is laughing, but we're laughing at him!
trump is just another in the long list of nutters who sometimes aspire to the american presidency...

his blatant arrogance and frequent attempts to whip up racial frenzy about anything to do with obama is pathetically amusing.
the foul mouthed trump recently called the chinese leaders "mother f*uckers" and insulted other world leaders, an excellent way to promote world peace and harmony.

trump's right on one thing,
his election as president would guarantee employment for thousands...if only as stonemasons working on that hairdo at mt. rushmore!...
 daynadaze
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Trump for President
Posted: 5/1/2011 11:23:37 AM
Have you ever watched his three oldest kids? They are Trump robots, not allowed to have a thought of their own, must always be serious even when laughing, and must follow the Trump line of thought at all times. It's really scary, I bet they can't even breathe unless told to and told how to by The Donald.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Trump for President
Posted: 5/1/2011 7:17:00 PM
It's a shame, in a way. It reminds me of when Ross Perot ran. At first, I was glad, because we had a chance to have someone who WASN'T beholden to a cabal of private interests, speak out about the REAL issues facing us. Perot destroyed any chance I would vote for him, when he explained that his reason for temporarily dropping out of the race was that he was blackmailed by someone claiming to have proof his daughter was a lesbian. Trump has destroyed any chance I'd take him seriously by his heavy focus on criticizing others, and over meaningless things.
The media have apparently helped him sabotage himself though. Only when he started using profanity, did I start to hear any mention that he had something to say OTHER than that he doesn't trust Hawaii. It doesn't matter though. The GOP will NEVER give him the helm of the party after this debacle of an opening.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Trump for President
Posted: 5/2/2011 3:11:33 AM
Trump also ran to his Fox Mommy to whine about all the jokes about him. For a guy who is a media whore to the nth degree, he caves pretty easily when he is no longer in control of the attacks.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Trump for President
Posted: 5/3/2011 9:09:03 AM
May 3, 2011
Trump Undecided About What Stupid Shit to Say Next
Longest Period of Speechlessness on Record, Experts Say

NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report) - With the public’s attention focused on the death of Osama bin Laden, billionaire Donald Trump huddled with advisors for the second straight day to try to decide what stupid shit to say next.

“The bin Laden thing has definitely stolen the headlines from Donald,” said close associate and advisor Tracy Klugian. “The only way he can grab them back is by doing what he does best: saying something really ****ed up.”

Trump’s two-day hiatus from spewing messed up shit is the longest on record, experts say, adding to the pressure on the billionaire to break his silence with something truly craptastic.

To that end, he has closeted himself with a circle of advisors including the Rev. Pat Robertson, former NBA star Charles Barkley, and the former voice of the Aflac duck, Gilbert Gottfried.

Mr. Trump has drawn up a short list of verbal turds that have potential, including attacking President Obama for overdue library books during his grade school years, but so far he has failed to come up with a comment that is both objectionable and ill informed enough to meet his high standards.

“People don’t know how much work goes into saying the stupid shit Donald says,” Mr. Klugian said. “He just makes it look easy.”

Elsewhere, in another setback for al-Qaeda, the terror network confirmed today that Osama bin Laden was the only person who knew the organization’s iTunes password.
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 124
Trump for President
Posted: 5/4/2011 10:26:13 AM
Stuff You Should Know: Donald Trump
Posted 5/3/2011 at 9:00 am by Will Kriegshauser

He Got Big Because of his Involvement in New York Real Estate
The question gets asked all the time “What does Trump actually do?” Well, his main squeeze from the very beginning has been real estate development in the New York City area. In 1971, Trump set up permanent shop in Manhattan because of the potential he saw in building skyscrapers & stuff and putting his name on it. Over the years, he’s also ventured into developing casinos, golf courses and hotels courtesy of his company, Trump Entertainment Resorts.

He Got Really Big Because He’s Kind of a Media Whore
The Donald is nothing if not self-promotional. He’s always been a showman, but it really kicked into overdrive back in 2003 with his show The Apprentice, and sort of snowballed from there. He’s done everything from singing Green Acres in full hillbilly regalia at the Emmys to shaving Vince McMahon’s head to a cue-ball live on pay-per-view.

These days, he spends as much time selling himself as he does real-estate. And, honestly, we don’t blame him. He reportedly earns up to three million dollars per episode for appearing on The Apprentice, making him one of the highest earning TV personalities. He’s even got his own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Contrary to Popular Belief, He’s Not a Self-Made Man
Trump was born into the family business and got a considerable leg up via his father, real-estate tycoon Fred Trump. The elder Trump started his own construction business while he was still in high school and pretty much never looked back. After WWII, Fred Trump focused on building middle-income housing for returning servicemen, and between 1949 and 1963 built over 27,000 apartments and row homes all over the NYC area.

The Donald joined his dad’s business—then named the Trump Organization—after he graduated from the University of Pennsylvania when it was already one of the biggest acts in town. By the time he died in 1999, Fred Trump was reported to be worth over $250 million. So don’t forget to subtract that hefty inheritance when you read about The Donald’s net worth (more on that below).

He Owns the Miss Universe Organization
The Miss Universe, Miss USA and Miss Teen USA pageants all come courtesy of The Donald and his Miss Universe Organization. It’s because of this that he got into a rather large and pointless pissing contest with Rosie O’Donnell. It started when O’Donnell accused Trump of having the moral compass of a 20-year-old for letting 2006 Miss USA Tara Conner retain her crown despite being caught drinking and partying. The Donald fired back by calling her a fat cow, or something, and the feud got so earth-shatteringly vile that it forced KFC (yep, that KFC) to heroically step in and try to end the suffering.

Aside from the Trump Tower, he also made this…
Ivanka Trump is the daughter of Donald and his first wife, Ivana. On paper, she’s a businesswoman, socialite, heiress and part-time fashion model. In reality, she’s more of a boner fairy.

Nobody Can Really Agree on How Much He’s Worth, Not Even Him
Calculating the worth of a guy like Trump is tricky because most of his holdings are private companies, and their value can’t be publicly divulged. He’s most recently claimed to be worth $7 billion, but he’s notorious for exaggerating his wealth and (admittedly) not even being sure how much he’s worth. Estimates from legitimate sources have varied wildly over the past few years concerning Trump’s fortune:

Forbes magazine: $2.4 billion

Timothy L. O’Brien, national editor of the Huffington Post and author of TrumpNation: the Art of Being the Donald: between $150-250 million

North Fork Bank: $1.2 billion

Deutsche Bank: $788 million

His lawyer: Way more than that, I swear.

He Was An Unrepentant Birther
See our recent Stuff You Should Know: Birthers for more information about that. In case you haven’t been following the news lately, that campaign didn’t end very well for Trump.

The Hair is Likely an Elaborate Cover Up
The rumor used to be that Trump wore a toupee, but he’s worked feverishly to dispel that myth by going as far as letting random strangers run their fingers through his hair during interviews. This, however, doesn’t hide the fact that his helmet comb-over is likely an elaborate attempt at hiding some serious balding. Let’s be honest, the guy’s 64-years-old. Furthermore, look closely at that picture and tell us that’s not an ingeniously coiffed, double-patterned comb-over meant to disguise a bare dome:

He’s Considering Running for President for the GOP in 2012
This year, Trump has stated that he’s seriously considering a run for president as a Republican Party candidate in 2012, reportedly believing that the GOP roster is thin enough that he might actually have a chance. Where does he stand on the most important political issues, you ask? Allow is to divulge:

-Pro
* Life. That is, he’s anti-abortion
* Disengagement in Iraq and Afghanistan

-Anti
* Same-sex marriage
* Gun control
* Foreign aid
* China (The Donald believes our economic relations between the emerging superpower should strike a more eff-you tone. Get ‘em, Trumpy)

Make with all that what you will. It’s not like celebrities running for political office is anything new. And honestly, what’s the worst that could happen? He makes a suckhole out of the economy? Oh no! Oh dear god noooooooooo!!!!

There’s a 95% Chance This is Bullshit
This isn’t the first time Trump has made noise about wanting to run for president. He’ll do pretty much anything for attention, and dropping subtle hints that he might run for oval office is one of the least shameless things he’s done to get his name in the paper. We equate this situation to when Howard Stern announced back in 1994 that he was running for governor of New York, and then conveniently dropped out on a lame technicality before the shit got real.

Either way, the situation is win-win for him. If he pulls out, at least he got a boost of publicity at no extra cost. If he actually runs and gets hammered, well, what’d you expect? He’s Donald Trump. If he runs and wins, HOLY ****ING SHIT DONALD TRUMP IS PRESIDENT!!! Stay tuned…

http://www.thesmokingjacket.com/humor/donald-trump-facts-history-information-bio
 ortyehyuejoeo
Msg: 125
Trump for President
Posted: 5/4/2011 4:40:08 PM
Americans will vote for those who look the best on camera, who give the best sound bites and can stir in the old Red, White and blue for good measure. Look at Palin; Africa is a country? I can see Russia from mt house? And people would still vote for her.

To get elected in the States all you need is to invoke Jesus in your speeches while wearing an American flag pin on your chest. And an evil enemy. It used to be Russia and communism. Now it's Muslims and China.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Trump for President