Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Trump for President      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SaharaM
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Trump for PresidentPage 5 of 326    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Keeping in mind that "natural born citizen" has not been defined, any child born to a citizen would most very likely be part of the definition... That said, I don't mind the fact that this issue won't go away..the senseless and irrational turmoil is fascinating.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Trump for President
Posted: 4/24/2011 6:05:29 AM
Trump, like many birther leaders, know in their hearts that they are being disingenuous, but playing the birther card is highly effective code in reaching out to the masses of the right, the KKK children, that it is a sure vote getter. It's purely the business of manipulating the voting market for personal gain. Truth is merely a casualty of the Trump business model. Some have serious doubts that Trump's hair was born in this country.
 SaharaM
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Trump for President
Posted: 4/24/2011 6:15:58 AM

Some have serious doubts that Trump's hair was born in this country.
That's unfair. Don't worry, you too can have the look.

http://www.time.com/time/interactive/0,31813,2065167,00.html#ixzz1JVyMgCgE

You're welcome.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 104
Trump for President
Posted: 4/24/2011 6:34:53 AM
We were amused to see Trump make a show recently of producing what he said was his own "birth certificate," which wasn’t an official document and wouldn’t qualify him for a passport. “It took me one hour to get my birth certificate," he told the conservative-leaning news site Newsmax. "It’s inconceivable that, after four years of questioning, the president still hasn’t produced his birth certificate."

Trump’s "birth certificate" was actually an unofficial "Certificate of Birth" generated by Jamaica Hospital Medical Center (in Queens, N.Y. — not the island nation) stating that Trump was born there June 14, 1946. But because it was not "issued by the city, county or state" as required by the State Department, it does not constitute legal proof of citizenship sufficient to obtain a passport. When confronted with these facts, Trump later coughed up what he said was his official birth record issued by New York City’s Bureau of Records and Statistics. It is a certified photocopy of a "Certificate of Birth" signed by a physician. This one does appear to meet State Department requirements. And so does Obama’s.

http://www.factcheck.org/2011/04/donald-youre-fired/
 CheshireCatalyst
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Trump for President
Posted: 4/24/2011 6:49:45 AM
^^Yes, the irony, it burns!

As President Trump, China would be forced to end currency manipulation or face a 25 percent tariff on all exports to the United States. I wonder if that includes his wife Melania's QVC jewellery line, which is made entirely in China?
 Eversad
Msg: 106
Trump for President
Posted: 4/25/2011 2:38:18 AM
I only saw him in one interview and I liked what he had to say. I would not make my vote on one interview, but from that one, he has potential. Obama is to secretive for me, and I am not talking about his birth.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Trump for President
Posted: 4/25/2011 3:54:14 PM
April 25, 2011
Trump Dogged By Rumors His Hair is Not From U.S.
So-called ‘Balders’ Movement Gathers Steam

NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report) – A threat to the fledgling presidential campaign of Donald Trump emerged today, as a group of activists charged that Mr. Trump is not eligible to hold the nation’s highest office because his hair does not originate from the U.S.

The group, who call themselves “Balders,” claim that the hair-like substance that crowns Mr. Trump’s head is from a foreign country, which would mean that the candidate is less than one hundred percent American.

“Time and time again, Donald Trump has refused to produce a certificate of authenticity for his hair,” said Leeann Selwyn, a leading Balder. “This is tantamount to a comb-over of the truth.”

But if in fact Mr. Trump’s distinctive mane turns out to be of foreign origin, such a revelation need not be fatal to his presidential hopes, says Professor Davis Logsdon, who has studied the history of presidential hair at the University of Minnesota.

“Remember, several of our greatest early presidents, like George Washington and Thomas Jefferson, had hair that originated elsewhere,” Mr. Logsdon says. “The only thing that could kill Trump politically is if his hair turns out to be from France.”

At a GOP event in Iowa, Mr. Trump made no reference to the Balders controversy, and instead sounded an upbeat theme: “If I am given the chance to do the same magic I did for NBC, America will be the number four country in the world.”

In a piece of good news for Mr. Trump, a new poll showed a majority of likely voters agreeing with the statement, “Donald Trump being sworn in as President would be a great last scene in a Planet of the Apes remake.”
 Welsh474
Msg: 108
Trump for President
Posted: 4/26/2011 7:26:18 PM
^^^good post. I just heard him being interviewed tonight on Anderson Cooper. The guy sounds like a 100% nut ball. I can't believe that anyone would consider voting for him if he ran. Idiots walk among us.....
 Casper66
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Trump for President
Posted: 4/27/2011 12:15:11 AM
This is so typical of Donald Trump, he is such a media ho, I lost count how many times he mentioned his show for being the reason he wouldn't run for president during one interview, then he gets vague if he will run, it's pure media manipulation. The Birther debate has really made him look silly thou.
 rpl55
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Trump for President
Posted: 4/27/2011 8:33:15 AM
CheshireCatalyst said:

Then Trump and all birthers should concede that no one born in Hawaii could ever become President, because all “birth certificates” in Hawaii look like this.

This is a lie, as you know. I have already shown you, in another thread, that there are 3 different types of birth certificate accepted, and used, in Hawaii.

In that thread, "Don't Confuse Me With The Facts, My Mind Is Made Up," CheshireCatalyst said:

Any citizenship-denialist worth his salt will point out to you that a "certificate of live birth" is not the same as the birth certificate.

Anybody with any ability to think on even a rudimentary level knows that the two are NOT the same.

SaharaM said:

Seriously, though, this thread is perfect for Birthers... they could not be more perfectly illustrative.

Turns out you were right. I have illustrated that Arwen52, CheshireCatalyst, SaharaM, Earthpuppy, and others, already had their minds made up and, despite the fact that I provided documentary proof of my assertions, they refuse to see what was put in front of them

Earthpuppy said:

Nope, the Birthers are only obsessed with one person, one "truth" that meets their need to get the uppity half black man out of their WHITE house.

Bullshit. Stop projecting.

Arwen52 said:

Put on your thinking cap.

I think maybe you and CheshireCatalyst need to reassess your place in the Dunning-Kruger scale, although I did enjoy the irony of your assumptions as to where on the scale you fall.

CheshireCatalyst said:

The parade of contrarian Birther theories seems to have been over long ago, but the marching continues......"Birfers" and "Troofers" will always claim that the truth is always hidden, no matter what the subject matter and no matter what evidence is provided to the contary - they are the "elites" in possession of secret knowledge.

Elites? Secret knowledge??

I showed you the different birth certificate forms, in black and white, easily found on the Hawaii government site. The fact that you were unable (or unwilling) to see what a ten year old could see boggles the mind.

SaharaM said:

It is difficult to me for imagine, but I can only guess that it must be very frustrating to be in your shoes, holding the beliefs you hold, and seeing the country move on, seemingly ignoring things that exist in your reality. I'm sorry for your angst, but you might as well settle into it, if you're going to continue to deny truth.

Although this wasn't said directly to me, I will reply anyway. It wasn't frustrating at all - it was funny, and entertaining, to see so many Fauxgressives proudly announcing their ignorance, calling names, and just plain lying - when the facts were in front of their eyes.

In fact, one Fauxgressive moron sent me a personal message berating me for seeing the obvious. My daughter and I regularly read this person's posts for comic relief. The ignorance is staggering.

erinsonline said:

You really are an idiot, aren't you? Do you know why President Obama won't give you what you want as far as documentation? I mean a "real" birth certificate. Besides the fact that he already has. You want to know why he won't?

F*CK you. THAT'S why.

Already has? Oops! Same to you, by the way.

Now, as it turns out, the Obama has today, finally, released what he claims is his long form birth certificate. It is my hope that the Fauxgressives on these forums will at least reassess themselves, and figure out why they were so easily, and completely, fooled. But I doubt very much that any of these folks have the intellectual integrity to do so. Oh well.

RPL
 Whatisnewwithyou
Msg: 111
Trump for President
Posted: 4/27/2011 8:43:06 AM
I am still going to write myself in and vote for me, if he runs or if he does not run. Me campaign will be making sure that the original colonies are the only ones that can be considered the United States, and rest can go be the UnUnited States. LOL! of course I am kidding. None of these politicians are ever going to do what I want to begin with so oh well, at least I can still have a glass of scotch or 7.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 112
Trump for President
Posted: 4/27/2011 9:06:20 AM

http://www.factcheck.org/2011/04/donald-youre-fired/

I'm guessing that the birthers on this thread haven't read this article disputing, with proof, the birther claims.

Now, as it turns out, the Obama has today, finally, released what he claims is his long form birth certificate. It is my hope that the Fauxgressives on these forums will at least reassess themselves, and figure out why they were so easily, and completely, fooled. But I doubt very much that any of these folks have the intellectual integrity to do so. Oh well.

I don't know why President Obama would even attempt to convince a birther of his birthright...no documentation that the President, the state of Hawaii, or the Kapiolani Maternity @ Gyneiological Hospital ever presents will be good enough for a birther...

Which makes me wonder why our citizenship would vote in such a close minded candidate as a birther like Trump....and the answer is we wouldn't.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Trump for President
Posted: 4/27/2011 9:44:55 AM
April 27, 2011
Obama Reveals Unsuccessful Run for President of Kenya
Disqualified by U.S. Birth Certificate

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report) – In a stunning announcement that took even political insiders by surprise, President Barack Obama revealed today that he ran for President of Kenya in 2005 but was disqualified when a birth certificate surfaced showing he was born in the United States.

At a press conference at the White House, Mr. Obama spoke for the first time about his little-known unsuccessful foray into Kenyan politics: “Like every American boy or girl, I grew up with the dream of someday becoming President of Kenya.”

But soon after he entered the race, political opponents began spreading rumors that he was not “a real Kenyan,” the President said, and foiled his bid by disseminating copies of his authentic American birth certificate.

“I guess I didn’t look into the rules closely enough before I ran,” the President admitted. “I got caught up in the excitement of being President of Kenya and I guess I just got carried away.”

Lisimba Ogongo, a Nairobi talk radio host who spearheaded the effort to unearth Mr. Obama’s U.S. birth certificate, confirmed Mr. Obama’s version of events today.

“I felt strongly that the people of Kenya deserved the truth,” Mr. Ogongo said. “We were not about to elect a President of Kenya who was really a secret Hawaiian.”

Elsewhere, Donald Trump found himself under renewed pressure to produce all of his authentic marriage certificates, believed to number in the thousands.
 CheshireCatalyst
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Trump for President
Posted: 4/27/2011 9:47:19 AM
@RPL55

You must really be reaching for material if you have to resuscitate posts from another thread. I think you should release a profile pic that inclusively depicts your hairline. Heretofore referred to as the “long form profile pic.” I want to be sure that your hair wasn’t birfed on a lion’s a$$ in Kenya.

See, I can use my powers for a greater cause!

We all know that it won't end here. Anyone know what Orly Taitz thinks? Trump now wants President Obama's transcripts from Occidental College because he believes Obama was a bad student and there is no way he could have transferred into Columbia and gotten into Harvard Law.

It’s both sad and funny that the only hateful things you hear about him pretty much come from Americans.
 4rumninja
Msg: 115
Trump for President
Posted: 4/27/2011 9:49:49 AM
Really? I guess that makes sense since we are the ones most immediately effected by his policies.
 CheshireCatalyst
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Trump for President
Posted: 4/27/2011 10:06:57 AM

Really? I guess that makes sense since we are the ones most immediately effected by his policies.

Feel free to criticize his policies or his effectiveness as anyone can and should do with any president.

I'm not referring to the normal critique one might have of his policies (which I think you understood). The wording I used was "hateful things."

I'm referring to negative remarks made about his bi-racial heritage, along with the birth certificate nonsense from carnival barkers. You know, issues that have nothing to do with his governance of the country.
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 117
Trump for President
Posted: 4/27/2011 10:40:19 AM
We all know that it won't end here. Anyone know what Orly Taitz thinks? Trump now wants President Obama's transcripts from Occidental College because he believes Obama was a bad student and there is no way he could have transferred into Columbia and gotten into Harvard Law.

If you enjoy some good old fashion irony, here ya go:

Donald Trump's personal experience with questionable Ivy League admittance standards
By Alex Pareene

...Leaving aside the fact that Obama, who went on to graduate Harvard Law magna cum laude, seems like he was probably a very good student, Mr. Trump might need a refresher course in how unqualified people actually do manage to get into the prestigious Ivy League Universities .

Let us take, as an example, the story of a student so obviously unqualified, so transparently unworthy, that a book was written about what his admittance into Harvard said about the sorry behavior of supposedly elite colleges.

That student -- that dull, below-average student who somehow made his way into Harvard -- was Donald Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner.

Kushner's father, real estate developer Charles Kushner, bought Jared his Harvard acceptance. It cost him $2.5 million. (Kushner later went to jail for tax evasion and witness tampering, so it was also, technically, dirty money that bought Trump's daughter's husband's entry into the Ivy League.)

Wall Street Journal education writer Daniel Golden's book "The Price of Admission" explores the Kushner donation at length. An official at Kushner's (expensive, private) high school told the author: "There was no way anybody in . . . the school thought he would on the merits get into Harvard. His GPA did not warrant it, his SAT scores did not warrant it. We thought, for sure, there was no way this was going to happen."

But it did.

And that is how things actually work at "elite" schools.

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/addpost.aspx?PostID=14426099&x=42&y=10

Also

China-bashing Trump's clothing line made in China
By Justin Elliott

Donald Trump has emerged in recent years as the nation's foremost China basher, going after the Asian superpower for undervaluing its currency and for taking American manufacturing and jobs. So it's at least ironic -- and at most an example of gross hypocrisy -- that Trump's own line of men's wear, the Donald J. Trump Signature Collection, is manufactured in China.

I discovered this after walking from Salon's offices to the large Macy's in midtown Manhattan, where an entire section is devoted to the Donald J. Trump Signature Collection of suits and ties. This particular corner of the store is decorated with an oversize portrait of Trump; the line promises to provide "the pinnacle of style and sophistication" and "the necessities to be boardroom ready all of the time."

Here is the tag on one of the Trump shirts:

Tag

Yes, that says "MADE IN CHINA." (That pink dress shirt retails, by the way, for $69.50.) Other pieces were made in Mexico and in Bangladesh.

Now, Trump has long complained about Chinese currency "manipulation" and has called for a large tariff on imports of products from China in order to bolster U.S. manufacturing. But he has also gone further, urging Americans to buy fewer products from China, claiming that Chinese goods are shoddy and maintaining that, in his own business dealings, he favors American manufacturing over Chinese manufacturing.

All of which makes it a little strange that Trump's own brand of clothing is made in China.

http://www.salon.com/news/donald_trump/index.html?story=/politics/war_room/2011/04/27/trump_made_in_china
 rpl55
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Trump for President
Posted: 4/27/2011 11:21:43 AM
CheshireCatalyst said:

You must really be reaching for material if you have to resuscitate posts from another thread.

Not at all. I just didn't want to call you a liar without providing evidence of the fact.

As for Trump, I would write in Mickey Mouse before I'd vote for that fool.

RPL
 rpl55
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Trump for President
Posted: 4/27/2011 11:41:38 AM
FrankNStein902:

Nice post. Trump is a loon. I find it hilarious that, today, the republicans came out with a statement criticizing Obama for wasting time on the birther issue. That has to be one of the most clueless statements they have made all day (so far).

RPL
 CheshireCatalyst
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Trump for President
Posted: 4/27/2011 12:20:36 PM
Gosh, such hostility RPL! The birthers just got check-mated (or trumped, take your pick).

Obama released the short-form certificate, which is a document that ANY OTHER person would have been provided with when requesting a copy of their birth certificate. CNN had a great article up the other day about how people born in Hawaii obtain copies of their certificate of live birth (and for everyone's information, that's what they call birth certificates there. It's not like a certificate of live birth is somehow a "lesser" document). Basically, if anyone wants a copy, they get a short form certificate. The long-form ones generally aren't available to the public and they're kept secured by the proper government agency. That's why the President had to write to the Hawaiian government and ask for a waiver to release the long-form certificate.

Obama's 2008 campaign produced a "certification of live birth," a document legally accepted as confirmation of a birth and routinely used for official purposes. Fukino, however, went one step further, taking advantage of a state law that allows certain public officials to examine a person's actual birth certificate if there is a "direct and tangible interest."

The president's actual certificate, she said, is stored in a vault in the building that houses the Department of Health. Ironically, unlike the certificate of live birth, it is no longer accepted for official usage.

http://www.nbcmontana.com/politics/27668546/detail.html

The whole point of the birthers inquest has nothing to do with his origin of birth.It has everything to do with pointing out Obama's "difference." You know...they can't overtly play the "race card" so this is the “proxy code” option.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 121
Trump for President
Posted: 4/27/2011 12:34:19 PM

The whole point of the birthers inquest has nothing to do with his origin of birth.It has everything to do with pointing out Obama's "difference." You know...they can't overtly play the "race card" so this is the “proxy code” option.

Sadly, the race card is the true issue...

Marilyn Davenport, an elected member of the Orange County Republican party, apologized for the leaked email, but said she sees no reason to step down from her post. The email depicts Obama as a chimpanzee with two older chimpanzee "parents." Superimposed on the digitally altered image? "Now you know why – No birth certificate!" According to its bylaws, the committee cannot remove Davenport, but it can censure her.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/marilyn-davenport-chimp-email-ignites-controversy-republicans/story?id=13400480
 Brandie60
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Trump for President
Posted: 4/27/2011 3:51:19 PM
I do not believe the Donald will run.

He is way too concerned with what people think and say about him to be an effective POTUS. Based on all the brouhaha he's been involved in with anyone who criticizes him, (Rosie and now Seinfeld to name a couple) there is no way he'd get anything accomplished.

Besides, he lies so much about his finances, he’s too afraid that we’ll see is not a billionaire after all.

Here is an excerpt from a deposition in a lawsuit Trump filed a while ago:

Ceresney: Mr. Trump, have you always been completely truthful in your public statements about your net worth of properties?

Trump: I try.

Ceresney: Have you ever not been truthful?

Trump: My net worth fluctuates, and it goes up and down with the markets and with attitudes and with feelings, even my own feelings, but I try.

Ceresney: Let me just understand that a little. You said your net worth goes up and down based upon your own feelings?

http://money.cnn.com/2011/04/21/news/companies/donald_trump_excerpts/index.htm?iid=EL

Brandie
 sum1reel
Msg: 123
Trump for President
Posted: 4/27/2011 5:10:54 PM

Sadly, the race card is the true issue...

Marilyn Davenport, an elected member of the Orange County Republican party, apologized for the leaked email, but said she sees no reason to step down from her post. The email depicts Obama as a chimpanzee with two older chimpanzee "parents." Superimposed on the digitally altered image? "Now you know why – No birth certificate!" According to its bylaws, the committee cannot remove Davenport, but it can censure her.

^ Obama won't be taking this to heart......as all of this will somehow serve as ammunition for his re-election......upon winning, he'll probably send her a thank-you card!

I do not believe the Donald will run.

don't write him off so soon...look at the other miscreants that he'll be competing against: Romney; Palin: Huck...............he'll at least have an even chance of winning the Rep primary, on the basis of his superior charisma alone!!!!
 rpl55
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Trump for President
Posted: 4/27/2011 5:18:20 PM
CheshireCatalyst said:

Obama released the short-form certificate, which is a document that ANY OTHER person would have been provided with when requesting a copy of their birth certificate.

This is true, IF, and ONLY IF, one doesn't specify which form they are requesting. However, the statement made by Okubo in 2009, suggesting that the long form was no longer available, is a flat out lie.

I don't know where you get your information, but it appears you are being misled. Anybody who has a long form certificate can get one, regardless of Okubo's deceit.

Here is a link to long form Hawaiian Certificate of Live Birth, like Obama's, dated 03/15/2011. (There are several others posted to the interwebs - all of them released since Okubo's deliberate lie.)

http://www.thepostemail.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Long-form-BC-from-Hawaii.jpg

CNN had a great article up the other day about how people born in Hawaii obtain copies of their certificate of live birth (and for everyone's information, that's what they call birth certificates there. It's not like a certificate of live birth is somehow a "lesser" document).

Wrong, and wrong. The standard form is called a Certification of Live Birth - not certificate. And it IS a less informative document - that's why Obama released the long form Certificate of Live Birth. For example, the short form (Certification) lists the adoptive parents if the adoption is at birth - it does not list the birth parents, as the long form does. This is done to protect the adopted child and the birth parents.

That is one of several reasons the Certification is a lesser document than the Certificate.

In any event, I am glad that he released his long form Certificate of Live Birth, although I wonder why he would want Terry Lakin, a decorated soldier, to go to prison when he could have released his long form at any time.

RPL
 CheshireCatalyst
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Trump for President
Posted: 4/27/2011 5:42:37 PM
Obama is not available to go on a road-show to appease people who are determined to be a liability unto themselves. If you refuse to report to work, you will suffer the consequences. If you are employed by the army and you refuse, you get court-martialled. ‘Nuff said.

Faced with getting a dishonourable discharge and possibly losing his pension, Lakin sure changed his tune and admitted he was wrong not to obey orders. Prosecutors reamed him, saying that he knew what he was doing and he had "invited and earned" the sentence. To throw away a career because you're taking a stand on a non-issue is profoundly stupid.

Birthers are more than willing to show everyone just what being "famous" means in the US. Scream incoherently on the news about a non-issue until other news agencies pick you up as well. Keep screaming the same thing and you’ll get some idiot online who thinks you “must be onto something.” Soon enough you’ll have a movement.

The Birther movement is nothing more than a very poorly disguised attempt to get that black guy out of the WHITEhouse.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Trump for President