Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > NEW SITE FORMAT (keep ALL posts regardi      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 grnmnstr13
Msg: 26
Nice work on the new page POF worker bees (keep ALL posts regarding new page formats HERE)Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I like the refresh... there's some tweeks that need to be done to some pages w/ thumbnails don't display correctly (at least in firefox) like the "VIEW USERS SIMILAR" page, but I'm sure those will be corrected. There's always some bugfixes needed after a site redesign.

Not sure if this was broken before the refresh, but the "Users I've Not Contacted" option isn't 100% on the "my matches" page. Some users who I know I haven't contacted (verified via the contact history page), don't show up unless I change the option to "All Users".
 grnmnstr13
Msg: 27
Nice work on the new page POF worker bees (keep ALL posts regarding new page formats HERE)
Posted: 4/23/2011 7:53:26 AM
The page navigation on "new users" makes it hard to tell what page you're on. "my city"'s page navigation is better....

It would also be nice to have a link to the contact history on the "sent msg" page like there used to be and not only in the inbox.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Nice work on the new page POF worker bees (keep ALL posts regarding new page formats HERE)
Posted: 4/23/2011 8:09:45 AM
"why do you keep trying to fix pof when nothing was wrong with it in the first place"

Oh, there's plenty wrong with Plenty Of Fish, but instead of choosing to fix any of it, they instead chose to waste massive manpower on cosmetic issues (as usual, providing us with something no one asked for).

As I have only IE on all my computers, I can't see these formatting issues Firefox and Chrome people speak of, but honestly the new POF looks fine to me. And it looked fine before. And I really didn't care then or now too much whatsoever what it LOOKED like, and even though there's a lot of complaining in this thread, I don't think anybody's really passionate about it one way or the other. I did notice that it loads a little slower and I was initially confused by read vs. unread messages in my inbox (no real explanation of the color coding), but that's about it on my opinion of the matter. And it's not the first time since I've been here (4 LONG years) that they "upgraded" the format; I recall a number of complaints the last time, just like this thread, and then slowly but surely everyone completely forgot what it originally looked like and didn't care anymore.

But by God, years later, people are still complaining about the loss of or addition of various features. In the end, that's really all that matters. And as far as I can tell, they didn't change a bloody thing about the features during the format upgrade. Color me disappointed. I mean, I was all excited to see if they reconfigured Advanced Search while messing around with the formatting so that you could choose several religions or ethnicities in a single search, but lo and behold, that page FUNCTIONS exactly the same as it did before, although it sure looks "prettier." Yeehaw.

On the other hand, in response to around40's post (if it survives), most of those suggestions would almost certainly lead to massive declines in page views, and it's highly questionable as to whether a "small fee" would make up for the lost ad revenue -- POF is obviously not several times more popular than all other dating sites because of its brilliant construct. It's several times more popular because unlike most of the others, it's (essentially) free. That said, there have been many good suggestions made on features that would probably improve most users' experience on the site while not having a negative effect on site traffic and would allow POF to remain (to most) a free site, but for whatever POF reasons, they choose to change a few colors and fonts and occasionally toss out a new search that nobody ever asked for...

BTW, although I'm pretty sure the moderators just converted the very first post anyone made about the site format to the main site-formatting discussion thread, it is interesting that it's a pro-new format post, while the opinions in the thread are definitely running strongly against.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/23/2011 12:17:38 PM
~OT~ Looks like we've stepped into 2009, finally. I love the new format. Not nearly as outdated as it looked previously. The features are working for me, no alignment issues and I use Mozilla. Works for me.
 Red Fish GF
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2011 12:40:08 PM

So no more date listed on favorites for when the person was last logged in? Which means there's no way at all to know if somebody is still active or not, right? Which means you could be writing an email to somebody that bailed two years ago. Or write them an email that deletes itself one day before they come back, so they never see it. Awesome.

I only have one person in my favorites, my SO and I just checked out of curiosity. The date is still there just in a slightly different location than before and smaller print.
 Same4me2
Msg: 31
NEW SITE FORMAT (keep ALL posts regarding new page formats HERE)
Posted: 4/23/2011 3:28:51 PM
I really don't like the new format. I used to be able to use the little emoticons in my messages to contacts; those are now gone. The colors being used are difficult to read, but then again, that's my personal issue as I'm a tad color-blind.

Some of the information is too large for my screen even with the scrolling bar use, and it's just difficult all around.

So, I probably won't be coming around here much anymore. Sorry.
 BigFish
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2011 4:17:57 PM
Its a massive site with thousands of different page layouts depending on who you are. Than we have things like ad blocks randomly removing parts of the site etc etc. Its going to take at least a week to clean up all the issues.
 afitnessmodel
Msg: 33
Posted: 4/23/2011 4:52:17 PM
Thank you! Big Fish... I knew you wouldn't let us down
 a_lonewolf
Msg: 34
Posted: 4/23/2011 5:04:58 PM
The site looks like the app now for the android. Better than the old boxy style from before.
I don't have a problem at all with it. I have xp and firefox. Not hard on the eyes either if I'm not mistaken it's the same colors as before....... maybe just turn down your brightness ;)
 87Wpg
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/23/2011 7:26:35 PM
The Title bar for the forum pages is showing up as a bunch of html tags under the latest Google Chrome on Windows 7 64 bit, just a heads up.

Big fish, stop using labor hours on the cosmetics of the site which for the most part the masses do not care about, include more features that the users want to see.
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/24/2011 2:23:14 AM
^^^ Check out "Contact History", located at the bottom of your inbox above the row of pictures.
 Pinky189
Msg: 37
Posted: 4/24/2011 2:39:11 AM
I dont like it.
On the opening page,you can barely notice the Plentyoffish logo on the left hand side.

Why keep mucking around with the Site when,imo,NONE of the changes have been an improvement
 skybop
Msg: 38
Posted: 4/24/2011 5:01:19 AM
Online My State was the only way to keep up with some users. In fact, Online My State was the only way I even knew some people existed here on POF. These members simply didn't show up in other features, so Online My State was a regular click while visiting POF. Therefore, I request that Online My State be reinstated as a feature.
 Metreau
Msg: 39
Posted: 4/24/2011 2:37:05 PM
I thought the site could use a few format changes, but NOT this drastic! It's not pleasing to my eyes at all; it reminds me of people who write messages "lik dis"!! DEAR GOD!! Bring the not-so-eye-busting format BACK!! UGH!! Too many alignment issues to deal with!! Ya killing me EYES man!!

Bring back the old format at ONCE!! Cast this God-forsakken new format back into the lair from which it came!!!
 Holly63
Msg: 40
Posted: 4/24/2011 6:06:20 PM

Bring back the old format at ONCE!! Cast this God-forsakken new format back into the lair from which it came!!!

Lol. Do you think Markus will listen to your demands? This new format is still under construction for some applications, as Markus stated at Msg # 40.

Many of us have said its too bright (including myself), so lets just see what happens.
 JohnZ719
Msg: 41
Posted: 4/24/2011 8:01:19 PM
Site is looking great. Alignment issues have been corrected and I like the more modern look.
 donna_babes
Msg: 42
Posted: 4/25/2011 6:45:00 AM
sorry, the new site is even worse than before. it does look slightly more professional, but navigation is still dire and the consistency across the site is dreadful. and i really, really don't like the new way the inbox looks with the colours - it's a bit difficult to see which messages are new.
this is all really putting me off using the site. sorry.
 StarliteKisses
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2011 7:40:11 AM
Basically, I like the new format......but I think the profiles are more difficult to read. I wish the print was bolder or bigger.
 donna_babes
Msg: 44
Posted: 4/25/2011 8:28:45 AM
i'm partially colourblind so it's almost impossible for me to see.

something simple like making the subject heading bold would make a world of difference for me, because going by colour alone is very difficult.
 Metreau
Msg: 45
Posted: 4/25/2011 8:58:33 AM

Lol. Do you think Markus will listen to your demands? This new format is still under construction for some applications, as Markus stated at Msg # 40.

Many of us have said its too bright (including myself), so lets just see what happens.

I did notice the alignment issues were corrected, and I have to give Markus credit where it's due. THANKS Markus!! My eyes are grateful!

I didn't have any issue with the color, I think it's just fine (mainly because my favorite color is blue to begin with). But I CAN see where others would have that problem.

What would be nice is if people could choose what color(s) they wanted their profile to be. I don't think it'd be a bad idea.
 Holly63
Msg: 46
Posted: 4/25/2011 6:34:09 PM
I've just noticed new messages don't have the blinding yellow background any more. They're brought to your attention by an envelope. Much easier on the eyes. :)
 Holly63
Msg: 47
Posted: 4/25/2011 7:26:24 PM

Not sure that yellow was blinding. It's not like you're going to sit there and have a staring contest with it and burn your retina out

LOL, thats true, but I guess it depends on our individual screen brightness. Many of us have said the new page layouts are too bright in general, so many of us have burning retinas.

And, yes, the profile page is very stark. Maybe the white background could be changed to a soft beige instead. Blue for the sea, beige for the sand............
 donna_babes
Msg: 48
Posted: 4/26/2011 7:15:56 AM
putting an envelope there has made a massive difference. thanks so much for listening.
 moimeme
Msg: 49
Posted: 4/26/2011 10:59:01 AM
I use to be able to see who is online in my contacts and i don't see it anymore.

Anybody else having the problem ?

<
 Frodo_Baggins
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2011 3:51:27 PM
Pleas excuse me if this has already been mentioned, but on the old site design, under the sent message menu item, there where links to check out your contact history - first contacts by others to you and first contacts from you to others. Now with the new look, this facility has disapeared, anybody any idea where it is now?
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > NEW SITE FORMAT (keep ALL posts regarding new page formats HERE)