Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > NEW SITE FORMAT (keep ALL posts regardi      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 36
NEW SITE FORMAT (keep ALL posts regarding new page formats HERE)Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
^^^ Check out "Contact History", located at the bottom of your inbox above the row of pictures.
 Pinky189
Msg: 37
NEW SITE FORMAT (keep ALL posts regarding new page formats HERE)
Posted: 4/24/2011 2:39:11 AM
I dont like it.
On the opening page,you can barely notice the Plentyoffish logo on the left hand side.

Why keep mucking around with the Site when,imo,NONE of the changes have been an improvement
 skybop
Msg: 38
Posted: 4/24/2011 5:01:19 AM
Online My State was the only way to keep up with some users. In fact, Online My State was the only way I even knew some people existed here on POF. These members simply didn't show up in other features, so Online My State was a regular click while visiting POF. Therefore, I request that Online My State be reinstated as a feature.
 Metreau
Msg: 39
Nice work on the new page POF worker bees (keep ALL posts regarding new page formats HERE)
Posted: 4/24/2011 2:37:05 PM
I thought the site could use a few format changes, but NOT this drastic! It's not pleasing to my eyes at all; it reminds me of people who write messages "lik dis"!! DEAR GOD!! Bring the not-so-eye-busting format BACK!! UGH!! Too many alignment issues to deal with!! Ya killing me EYES man!!

Bring back the old format at ONCE!! Cast this God-forsakken new format back into the lair from which it came!!!
 Holly63
Msg: 40
Nice work on the new page POF worker bees (keep ALL posts regarding new page formats HERE)
Posted: 4/24/2011 6:06:20 PM

Bring back the old format at ONCE!! Cast this God-forsakken new format back into the lair from which it came!!!

Lol. Do you think Markus will listen to your demands? This new format is still under construction for some applications, as Markus stated at Msg # 40.

Many of us have said its too bright (including myself), so lets just see what happens.
 JohnZ719
Msg: 41
Posted: 4/24/2011 8:01:19 PM
Site is looking great. Alignment issues have been corrected and I like the more modern look.
 Silent Steel
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2011 10:04:18 PM
Markus could give every option that everyone wants, wash every members car and send each one 50 bucks, and you would still have people pissing and moaning. Its no wonder the man barely partakes in these forums.
 donna_babes
Msg: 43
Posted: 4/25/2011 6:45:00 AM
sorry, the new site is even worse than before. it does look slightly more professional, but navigation is still dire and the consistency across the site is dreadful. and i really, really don't like the new way the inbox looks with the colours - it's a bit difficult to see which messages are new.
this is all really putting me off using the site. sorry.
 StarliteKisses
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2011 7:40:11 AM
Basically, I like the new format......but I think the profiles are more difficult to read. I wish the print was bolder or bigger.
 donna_babes
Msg: 45
Posted: 4/25/2011 8:28:45 AM
i'm partially colourblind so it's almost impossible for me to see.

something simple like making the subject heading bold would make a world of difference for me, because going by colour alone is very difficult.
 Metreau
Msg: 46
Posted: 4/25/2011 8:58:33 AM

Lol. Do you think Markus will listen to your demands? This new format is still under construction for some applications, as Markus stated at Msg # 40.

Many of us have said its too bright (including myself), so lets just see what happens.

I did notice the alignment issues were corrected, and I have to give Markus credit where it's due. THANKS Markus!! My eyes are grateful!

I didn't have any issue with the color, I think it's just fine (mainly because my favorite color is blue to begin with). But I CAN see where others would have that problem.

What would be nice is if people could choose what color(s) they wanted their profile to be. I don't think it'd be a bad idea.
 Holly63
Msg: 47
Posted: 4/25/2011 6:34:09 PM
I've just noticed new messages don't have the blinding yellow background any more. They're brought to your attention by an envelope. Much easier on the eyes. :)
 Holly63
Msg: 48
Posted: 4/25/2011 7:26:24 PM

Not sure that yellow was blinding. It's not like you're going to sit there and have a staring contest with it and burn your retina out

LOL, thats true, but I guess it depends on our individual screen brightness. Many of us have said the new page layouts are too bright in general, so many of us have burning retinas.

And, yes, the profile page is very stark. Maybe the white background could be changed to a soft beige instead. Blue for the sea, beige for the sand............
 donna_babes
Msg: 49
Posted: 4/26/2011 7:15:56 AM
putting an envelope there has made a massive difference. thanks so much for listening.
 moimeme
Msg: 50
Posted: 4/26/2011 10:59:01 AM
I use to be able to see who is online in my contacts and i don't see it anymore.

Anybody else having the problem ?

<
 Frodo_Baggins
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2011 3:51:27 PM
Pleas excuse me if this has already been mentioned, but on the old site design, under the sent message menu item, there where links to check out your contact history - first contacts by others to you and first contacts from you to others. Now with the new look, this facility has disapeared, anybody any idea where it is now?
 Frodo_Baggins
Msg: 52
view profile
History
 afitnessmodel
Msg: 53
Posted: 4/27/2011 11:30:29 AM
i thought i would like this new format as i gave it a few days...i don't so many things aren't working and now my edit isn't working it just goes blank...wording is so small...nothing looks right...too bad things can't be as they were a couple years ago that made pof fun to be on...i wish pof would stay as pof and not try to be like cupid or match.com...let's keep pof as it were as when nothing was wrong with it...i don't care if this is a free site...its us who are on pof that makes it a dating site...if it wasn't for us putting our profile on pof there wouldn't be a pof...we need to go back as it were when it wasn't needing to be fix cuz it wasn't broken...ciao'
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 54
Posted: 4/27/2011 12:57:17 PM
One thing that seems to be missing, or maybe I just can not find it.

Is when someone does not have photos posted, I do not see the area that indicates if they have private ones or not.
 modegirl
Msg: 55
Posted: 4/29/2011 5:09:46 PM
Please fix it or bring back the old format. This format DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY on my iPhone which is the only place I use it. There are delays between each character I type often causing me to make mistakes. Also there are delays everytime I zoom in and out, while it reloads the surrounding mages. Sometimes I have to repeatedly hit the same pic numerous times for it to load as tthe bigger size. None of this used to happen before the change to the new format and it has made the site cometely frustrating to use! POF used to be the most easy to navigate Dating site. Now even checking email has become a chore. HELP!
 Neil_is_ready
Msg: 56
Posted: 4/30/2011 1:41:10 PM
I notice the banner no longer says "Free Online Dating" (except for here on the forums page). I wonder if THAT was on purpose, and if it is an indication that pof will become a pay-for-user site?
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 57
Posted: 5/5/2011 3:15:44 PM
I miss the purple/lavender on my profile that I spent 5000 points on..PFFFT
Can I exchange my colored background for voo doo dolls?
3 would be cool.

. shame about the smileys though ...

^^^^^^^^^^OMG I thought I had been bad or something.

Bring back smiley!!!

Is it true men have smileys but we women don't? Hmmmmmmm?????

Other than that.".sa rite" I guess.

a_lonewolf
Msg: 58
Posted: 5/5/2011 7:47:19 PM
Double post.
The edit needs work. Ha
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 59
Posted: 5/6/2011 3:20:14 PM
Yes, Trapped. Absolutely. ^^
 STEVE4U22
Msg: 60
Posted: 5/2/2012 10:59:53 AM
What change? Looks the same to me!
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > NEW SITE FORMAT (keep ALL posts regarding new page formats HERE)