Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Profiles that only have 'one' image. Are they more successful?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 FMaj7
Msg: 26
Profiles that only have 'one' image. Are they more successful?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I think I read somewhere when I created my profile that having more pictures is a good thing. Markus can data mine the pof database and only he has the correct answer. Since he is recommending more photos I would suspect he knows what he is talking about from the vast data he has to draw on. When you close your account you are asked why. One of the options is 'I met someone'. So a handy SQL person could query the database with a count of how many people left that met someone and have more than one picture. They could actually do a grouping and see what is the sweet spot for the number of photos. If he is recommending more photos this has probably been done and you can't argue with the database. There that's the boring psudo-techie answer from my I.T. side.

Personally I have never chatted or met someone with only one picture.
 Laha Math
Msg: 27
Profiles that only have 'one' image. Are they more successful?
Posted: 5/3/2011 4:01:26 PM
I don't know if two is better than one but I think it's harder to fake a photo than to fake words. Instead of reading "I like the outdoors" I prefer to see a photo showing someone outdoors. I like a photo of someone doing what they usually do, not posing on a mountain top in Peru. A photo of someone at home tells a lot about living standards and expectations. Okay, I guess a photo on a mountain top in Peru also says something about expectations, although not as reliably. So, yes, as a random sample of one, I'd say more photos would be more successful in showing people what you are like, and that should make it easier to find a match online.
 Maleman999
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/3/2011 6:51:25 PM
I think I have the same problem as a lot of people who have one or no photo. I very rarely have my picture taken. I don't walk around with a camera and don't have a cell phone with a camera. The same goes for anybody I hang around with. Nobody I know sees a need to take pictures of friends or acquaintances. I can't think of one person I know who actually has a camera. So any picture of me are not current, not that I changed that much since I had my picture taken last. But everyone wants an up-to-the-minute picture, just in case you aged 10 years in the last week.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/3/2011 8:12:49 PM

not that I changed that much since I had my picture taken last.

You have...my advice...don't buy green bananas.
 Vannili
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2011 10:08:45 PM
[quote[ ....but if it is sitting shirtless on the hood of a late 70's Model Trans-Am/Camero; ONE picture is all you really NEED.

That's a thought,,stk..stk.. I think I'll have a more success of emails if I'll be sitting in my big yacht,wearing a thong bikini....

sorry big bad irish I can't help myself not to buy these green bananas they are so cute and cheap.....
 daffie
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2011 4:38:33 AM
i'm far too lazy to be bothered reading profiles.

the more pics., posted the better...
 torkher
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2015 5:09:22 AM
good point, as men get older we dont care as much about looks as much as personality. but we still do want to see the whole package.
 south_city
Msg: 33
Posted: 12/8/2015 6:32:32 AM
I think people should have at least 2 pictures.

1. Clear face picture.
2. Full body shot.

I have seen multiple women with pretty faces. But when I saw the rest of their body, I lost interest. For the most part, I don't care about what other secondary photos they use. Provided they are relatively clear and accurate.
 south_city
Msg: 34
Posted: 12/8/2015 6:42:05 AM

If they are with other friend, establish who in the h ell is you. Pictures with Exs are a no no. If the picture you are with is your brother, say so. Have a photo that shows full figure.

How would know the other person is an ex though? I wouldn't assume that. It doesn't bother me if a woman has a picture of herself with a man. It could be a friend, relative, co-worker, neighbor etc. Most of the other things people complain about in pictures don't bother me either. Selfies, photos with cars, sunglasses, animals, alcoholic beverages etc.

I also think women ( in general ) take more pictures of themselves then men do. When I'm out with friends, we would usually only take pictures when we are on vacation or a special occasion like weddings.
 hemingway234
Msg: 35
Posted: 12/9/2015 12:30:23 PM
I think two pics is good - a head shot and a body shot. If you can check the box for "thin" in your profile, you might not need the body shot.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 36
Posted: 12/10/2015 8:28:09 AM
Given Fish's very own pic recommendations along with quite a few attitudes in Profile reviews? I have a feeling quite a few Forum folks look for pics they DON'T like rather than pics they DO like. Almost a guarantee of a bad OLD experience. Forum people might do better "socializing" at the Forums with just one pic. I am quite convinced the masses don't think that way nor do they vote out pics the way Forum people do. I see many "highly illegal" local pics that have been up forever.

Personally I WANT to see pics of what people enjoy/what floats their boat. I would also like to see DATES on at least ONE pic. Ultimately I would desire at least one "decent" DATED pic and a well written profile spelling out what she is looking for and what she brings to the table but I have met a few ladies w/o ever seeing a pic. I don't care how many fabulous pics any woman might post if she has a lousy 3 or 4 line crappy profile or not a date to be found anywhere. IF a woman can't make a valid effort on her bait, how much effort will she be willing to put into an actual Relationship?

Of course the REALITY and bottom line for this site is that most men are looking for one nighters and most women are looking for pen pals. Of course they are not going to put forth much effort.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2015 11:52:06 PM
if the pic is full length and clear then I would ask for more images via email, if I were interested. Putting a few images gives a better idea but they need to be current. A hot woman who loads just a cleavage shot or a full length revealing image, I am sure would not suffer from lack of response.
 hemingway234
Msg: 38
Posted: 12/17/2015 8:46:15 AM
Unless you can put down "skinny" for body shape, I would go with two pics - a head shoot and a body. More pics only gives them more of a chance to weed you out on less attractive pics. Save the photo album for Spacebook!
 gtomustang
Msg: 39
if they are hot, damn straight
Posted: 12/17/2015 9:35:58 AM
being the typical logical male, I figure a photo letting me know how you'll likely look at the first meet, so I can pick you out of the crowd at the public place we met for safety, will do. More photos showing me the hobbies you enjoy doing, or just of something that floats your boat (like a late 1970's Trans Am), is good. I 'll agree with the poster who said ladies might "Capture more moments" with their camera than the average fellow.

(on a side note, I remember a commentator lamenting the new picture taking devices that do not save the picture. as an older woman, she loved having photos of her younger, prettier, and smiling like there was nothing wrong in life, and that today's generation might lose that chance to look back and be surprised at what they saw and forgot about)
 ohenryx
Msg: 40
view profile
History
if they are hot, damn straight
Posted: 12/17/2015 10:58:51 AM

daffie
i'm far too lazy to be bothered reading profiles.

the more pics., posted the better...

A woman my age, who still looks good. Very good. There is hope!

Now if she weren’t 12,000 miles away …

SLAFFA
Of course the REALITY and bottom line for this site is that most men are looking for one nighters and most women are looking for pen pals. Of course they are not going to put forth much effort.

I’m going to have to disagree with you on this one.
“Most men are looking for one nighters” should read “Many men are looking for first nighters”. They simply want to have sex sooner rather than later. If the sex is good, they are very likely to come back for more.

And the second half of your statement, “Most women are looking for pen pals” is also wrong, IMHO. Yes, there are some women who are only looking for pen pals, but I find that to be far less than half, so definitely not “most”.

gtomustang
on a side note, I remember a commentator lamenting the new picture taking devices that do not save the picture.

What, you mean as in “hard copy”, an actual print on photographic paper? Or just as a file on your computer?

Being a “computer person”, I get a lot of requests from friends / family members / coworkers to rescue their data from a failed computer. The most common request is to “save my pictures”. In most cases, I can do that, but I always advise people to make multiple backup copies.
 LadyInWonderland
Msg: 41
view profile
History
POF pics
Posted: 12/17/2015 2:55:47 PM

What, you mean as in “hard copy”, an actual print on photographic paper? Or just as a file on your computer?

Being a “computer person”, I get a lot of requests from friends / family members / coworkers to rescue their data from a failed computer. The most common request is to “save my pictures”. In most cases, I can do that, but I always advise people to make multiple backup copies.

Mr. ohenryx:
Do you have any advice for making prints from digital pics? I am wa-a-a-ay out of date. I also need to buy a little digital camera (an inexpensive one if possible) to take pics for a 2016 POF profile. Could you recommend something? Any help, from you or any other poster would be appreciated. Note: I can upload, download files and also have FTP client if necessary (hope not). Thank you.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2015 8:10:07 PM
maleman

lol! But the mug shots matter not if they are hot, right????
 CulpeperRed05
Msg: 43
Posted: 7/11/2016 4:29:09 PM
Nothing says you are bing "Catfished" like a person who puts up one old far off looking picture where you cant see their face. Then refuses to put up another picture or a seflie.. Especially when they are over the age of 30... puhlezze..
 sweetnshythatsalie
Msg: 44
Posted: 7/11/2016 6:25:45 PM
After today I'm going to say a funny chat clip draws more men then my face which I always thought wasn't half bad. I uploaded a chat screenshot around 11am, and I've had over 60 profile views since, I've only gotten that many when I changed my intention from wants a relationship to casual no commitment and posted an outrageous headline just for shits and giggles (yes I am twisted)
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 45
Posted: 7/11/2016 6:53:26 PM
I have posted a new pic from head to toe,..............no silly, I'm the farmer in the middle!
One pic success? I'll get back to ya on this!

You know what's great about resurrecting old threads? Seeing who is, and is not still left in the old neighborhood! And guessing how many profiles one keeps or uses or ...........how many profiles has one person used? 70? 82? LOL
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2016 9:26:11 AM

Do you think people do better putting one image up or a few images?

It's much better to put up 3-4 images. Notably Attractive people can get away with 1 clear, fully body attractive image. But for all practical purposes -- the other person's going to want to see a few pictures, showing full body, that's clear and concise. You'll get better results with a few.

Now, if you're someone who isn't good looking + not photogenic, but you have One photo that makes you look great -- that could be a situation where just that one would be best. I wouldn't expect in-person meetings to go great, though. :) I would only say do the 1 photo if that 1 photo is good + resembles you IRL, and the others you have make you look worse than you actually are.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 48
Posted: 7/12/2016 10:13:25 AM
Great pic LIR....motivated me to add my funky pic of me and my tree face.

original question....IDK.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/12/2016 1:37:21 PM
LOL I asked her number and allllll I got outta that cow was a blank face. Sheesh!

Just curious. Sooooo NG from your post are you implying that you are sooo "Notably Attractive" you need only one image orrrrrr is the "wet suit look" the best you got? LOL

Love your long faced friend Whiskey! LOL
 hemingway234
Msg: 50
Posted: 7/13/2016 9:32:59 AM
Also, did you know dating profile brokers steal pics and profiles and sell them to dating startups? I'd rather only have one pic circulating on the net rather than 10.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Profiles that only have 'one' image. Are they more successful?