Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Profiles that only have 'one' image. Are they more successful?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 45
Profiles that only have 'one' image. Are they more successful?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I have posted a new pic from head to toe,..............no silly, I'm the farmer in the middle!
One pic success? I'll get back to ya on this!

You know what's great about resurrecting old threads? Seeing who is, and is not still left in the old neighborhood! And guessing how many profiles one keeps or uses or ...........how many profiles has one person used? 70? 82? LOL
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Profiles that only have 'one' image. Are they more successful?
Posted: 7/12/2016 9:26:11 AM

Do you think people do better putting one image up or a few images?

It's much better to put up 3-4 images. Notably Attractive people can get away with 1 clear, fully body attractive image. But for all practical purposes -- the other person's going to want to see a few pictures, showing full body, that's clear and concise. You'll get better results with a few.

Now, if you're someone who isn't good looking + not photogenic, but you have One photo that makes you look great -- that could be a situation where just that one would be best. I wouldn't expect in-person meetings to go great, though. :) I would only say do the 1 photo if that 1 photo is good + resembles you IRL, and the others you have make you look worse than you actually are.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 48
Posted: 7/12/2016 10:13:25 AM
Great pic LIR....motivated me to add my funky pic of me and my tree face.

original question....IDK.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/12/2016 1:37:21 PM
LOL I asked her number and allllll I got outta that cow was a blank face. Sheesh!

Just curious. Sooooo NG from your post are you implying that you are sooo "Notably Attractive" you need only one image orrrrrr is the "wet suit look" the best you got? LOL

Love your long faced friend Whiskey! LOL
 hemingway234
Msg: 50
Posted: 7/13/2016 9:32:59 AM
Also, did you know dating profile brokers steal pics and profiles and sell them to dating startups? I'd rather only have one pic circulating on the net rather than 10.
 cw35
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2016 3:34:07 PM
I doubt that 10 pictures of a person who's homely is going to be better than 1. It will probably hurt that person's chances if anything. Just like really attractive people only usually need 1 pic and can be a complete idiot in their written profile to still get plenty of emails. You just have to determine which camp you fall into. Online dating is mostly about looks unfortunately despite people ranting to the contrary all the time. Looks are semi important in the real world but online the visual is about 90% of the overall package. After reading TONS of middle aged women's profiles, almost all of them seem to have quite the list of amazing physical attributes a man must have and they seem to have a dating age range that goes from about 18 years old up to 10 years less than what they have listed as their own age. It's really creepy. I keep picturing these women being on POF because circling high schools in a van wasn't working out for them. The irony of it all is that most of them actually look 20 years older than what their ages are so they must have magic mirrors at home or something. lol
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2016 8:33:33 PM

Just curious. Sooooo NG from your post are you implying that you are sooo "Notably Attractive" you need only one image orrrrrr is the "wet suit look" the best you got? LOL

Actually, it'd mean the opposite as my previous post suggests. It'd be the best to get a date if in every other picture I have I would be much more unattractive. So no, I wasn't implying I'm "sooo attractive". :) Again, it'd imply all the other photos I'd have laying around would make me look worse. :)
 Aggers
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2016 4:00:16 AM
I have come across profiles saying that they will not reply to messages where they only have 1 picture, never mind the staple "no pic, no reply" plus seen this too, if your picture has the Plentyoffish watermark, I will not reply! Obviously pointing out it is a old picture.

I myself have a bit of a conscious rule, that there must be a face pic, a full length pic and most importantly I have to see their eyes. Just because I can get an insight into their warmth.
 hemingway234
Msg: 54
Posted: 7/28/2016 7:47:31 AM
More info........ when I was dating, I tried one pic, two pics, three pics..... there was no difference in the amount of dates I got, so I just used one pic.

I had a few suggest I needed more pics. They were wrong. You have to realize that no matter what you do, you'll never please all the people, all the time........... so why bother trying?

Also, in the early days of online dating, some men who were not "pretty boys", reported they had more dates with no picture. However, they suffered much more rejection when meeting women because they were obviously not the men the women imagined they would be! Obviously, I would not recommend doing this, rejection is painful.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Profiles that only have 'one' image. Are they more successful?