Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GerberData
Msg: 39
How to get an ex back?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I know it is difficult. Been there, done that.

For a couple years, they tell you all the things you want to hear, how much they love you, they call you "my man", etc. It felt good. You want it back. Problem....

IT WASN'T REAL! Had they truly felt what they said, you would not be in this position. You need to realize it was just a lie. You can't get it back (well, I suppose you could if you WANTED a lie for awhile again) and you don't really want it back. Find the person who really will love you and mean those things when they say them. That's what you REALLY want anyway.
 kari135
Msg: 40
view profile
History
How to get an ex back?
Posted: 5/13/2011 8:39:11 AM
An ex is an ex for a reason. There are basically only two reasons to even stay in touch with an ex:

1 - You have a child or children together, or
2 - You live in a small enough town that not being on at least amiable speaking terms makes life uncomfortable for others around you.

Why on earth would you even want an ex back? Do you think history can repeat itself with a different outcome? Not very damned likely, that.
 Shamrock14
Msg: 41
view profile
History
How to get an ex back?
Posted: 5/15/2011 9:04:20 AM
Move on...surely you must think yer worth so much more??

would ye really wanna be with someone who treats you with so much disrespect....I hope not...toime to have some self respect and then before ye know it you will meet someone you treats ye roite..but it has to start with you believing in yerself and KNOWING you deseve better.

good luck to ye
 UnixGrand
Msg: 43
view profile
History
How to get an ex back?
Posted: 5/15/2011 12:03:30 PM
Move on with your life. "Everybody wants to rule the world". I am friends with my ex's, but I wouldn't go back for more. It takes a special person to know when he/she is right, or wrong.
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 46
How to get an ex back?
Posted: 9/4/2011 5:02:30 AM
ur in the 'friend-zone man...move on..otherwise ur just a wimp-azz...
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >