Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 vlad dracul
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Bin Laden Page 4 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
i dont know. i dont get fox news.

but what if its correct? the story changes all the time. do you know that what fox claims is untrue?
or is only the government version good enough for you?
or are you letting your dislike of fox news and its viewers cloud your thought?
you know the liberal press are not always right. just because YOU think they are does not make it so.

and who is to say bin ladens daughter is not telling the truth? just because a member of your government says different does not mean its a lie that she tells.

the story HAS changed from yesterday. the dafty is still dead. why not just tell us what happened up to a point where national security is not put at risk?
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 87
Bin Laden
Posted: 5/4/2011 11:02:17 AM
What will the UN do???

Whether or not the Pakistan government authorised the assault on its territory might technically affect the legality of the operation under international law. But the enthusiastic support of the UN secretary general, Ban Ki-moon, for the killing is likely to silence any critical voices in the security council.

"The death of Osama bin Laden … is a watershed moment in our common global fight against terrorism," Ban said. "Personally, I am very much relieved by the news that justice has been done."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/03/osama-bin-laden-killing-legality
 matchlight
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Bin Laden
Posted: 5/4/2011 1:28:43 PM

we keep saying they "knew" Bin Liner was there

Of course they did--as is obvious to any reasonable person. The Inter-Service Intelligence (ISI) is in effect a government within a government, and it acts as a kingmaker--the leaders of Pakistan through the years, including the current ones, have been closely involved with it.

Parts of the ISI also were largely responsible for creating the Taliban, or "students." They built training camps in Afghanistan for them, provided trainers, and sponsored hundred of madrasas, or fundamentalist Muslim "schools" in Pakistan that supplied willing recruits. ISI continues to support certain groups of Taliban, which has become a general term for a number of groups of local jihadists operating in the remote, mostly uncontrolled frontier areas of western Pakistan.

Abbottabad is a garrison city with many retired military living there, and it's only a few dozen miles north of the capital, Islamabad. Bin Laden's compound was only a half-mile from the country's most prestigious military academy. It was no accident that he was never bothered--the people who make the final decisions in Pakistan were harboring him.

Their protests now are exactly what we should expect--flat-out lying to cover their complicity. They don't want to lose those billions in U.S. aid, much of which helps the military. They know the U.S. will never push Pakistan's leadership too hard, for fear of provoking a fundamentalist backlash.

If that happened, Islamists might take control of the military--and with that, control of Pakistan's nuclear weapons. If there's ever a nuclear attack on a U.S. city, the odds are the bomb will have come from either Iran or Pakistan. But since nuclear explosions don't leave evidence about that, no one here could ever know for sure.
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 89
Bin Laden
Posted: 5/4/2011 1:53:07 PM
If there's ever a nuclear attack on a U.S. city, the odds are the bomb will have come from either Iran or Pakistan.

Shhhhhh.. Some say we are now supposed to focus on how much intelligence came from water-boarding the basterds..

( Don't start mentioning the nuclear issues.. Since nobody yet has any workable long-term solutions they can spout about on the radio.. )
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Bin Laden
Posted: 5/4/2011 2:34:02 PM
"but what if its correct? the story changes all the time. do you know that what fox claims is untrue?"

Aichhhh. "What if" is nut-thinking. Juuuust stop it.

Yes,yes, again, this all boils down to "STOP JUMPING AT EVERY DAMN STORY THAT GETS BANDIED ABOUT." Frankly, FOX is the LAST place I would expect to find an accurate, believable story of any kind, because they have worked SO hard to make sure that NOTHING they say can be trusted.

The Pakistan connection is bound to be complicated. Their government is even less integrated than ours, so it is quite possible that one department had no idea what another did. It is also true that their civilian leadership is sitting atop a nation of people who MOSTLY don't like the U.S. at all, so it was probably best that we DID go in without notice. This would tend to BOTH cut the possibility of OBL being warned, and would provide the Pakistan Government a good cover to assuage their own people about the U.S. taking down one of their own (in some senses).
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 91
Bin Laden
Posted: 5/4/2011 3:00:59 PM

do you know that what fox claims is untrue?"

Even a blind FOX finds several million nuts.

Interested in seeing where the UN takes this they aren't to happy with their Golden Child..I guess illegally invading a Country to Murder an unarmed resident is frowned upon...

Hmmmm....murder one of its residents??? Would that be Osama bin Laden...the head of al-Qaeda...sworn to Islamic jihad against the West...mastermind of the 1998 Embassy bombings…a financier of worldwide terrorism…a Saudi national.

Osama bin Laden was first indicted by the United States on June 8, 1998, when a grand jury indicted Osama bin Laden on charges of killing five Americans and two Indians in the November 14, 1995 truck bombing of a US-operated Saudi National Guard training center in Riyadh

The 1998 U.S. Embassy bombings were a series of attacks that occurred on August 7, 1998, in which hundreds of people were killed in simultaneous truck bomb explosions at the United States embassies in the major East African cities of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and Nairobi, Kenya. The attacks were linked to local members of the Egyptian Islamic Jihad, brought Osama bin Laden and Ayman al-Zawahiri to the attention of the US public for the first time, and resulted in the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation placing bin Laden on its Ten Most Wanted list.

It wasn't until after the bombing of Afghanistan began in October 2001 that the Taliban finally did offer to turn over Osama bin Laden to a third-party country for trial, in return for the US ending the bombing and providing evidence that Osama bin Laden was involved in the 9/11 attacks. This offer was rejected by George W Bush stating that this was no longer negotiable with Bush responding that "there's no need to discuss innocence or guilt. We know he's guilty."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osama_bin_Laden

Would then President Bush be advocating capture or murder of a Saudi national in Afganistan.?

cotter
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Bin Laden
Posted: 5/4/2011 3:21:52 PM

If there's ever a nuclear attack on a U.S. city, the odds are the bomb will have come from either Iran or Pakistan.
For that matter, such a nuclear attack could also come from Israel ... they spy on us, they bomb our warships, they torture US citizens ... what next?

But since nuclear explosions don't leave evidence about that, no one here could ever know for sure.
Exactly ... Israel's nukes are illegal and so for certain there would be no way to know for sure ... eh?

As for the money we send to Pakistan ... how else should we pay them back for routinely bombing up innocent people on a regular basis with our drones?
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 93
Bin Laden
Posted: 5/4/2011 4:45:33 PM
The official position of Pakistan is that they wanted to help the US get bin Laden.

Clearly not everyone in the government agreed.

Getting him out of Pakistan would have been highly problematic. The operation was conducted based on the stated cooperation of the Pakistan government. They didn't invade another country - just sent in troops to get a guy the government of that country already agreed full cooperation to bring down.
 HDready10
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Bin Laden
Posted: 5/4/2011 5:21:26 PM
the going price for bin ladens compound is 1 million dollars. not bad w/ concrete wall other privacy features and not mention it being a safe house. could make it tough on a f5 tornado or radiation blast.
bin laden knew how to make buildings fall and i for one am glad is gone.it brought at first a tear to my eye and now a smile but i know its not over we have to be on toes more than ever.

noone should have to look at his awful photo if they choose not to. instead the government should charge to view it and fine anyone who copys it.

just my thought could be way to help the economy
 junipermoon
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Bin Laden
Posted: 5/4/2011 5:53:27 PM
bush crawled into bed with bin laden, then turned around and made him the boogeyman when he needed an enemy. like bin laden didn't pose enough of a threat in reality, bush and cheney wanted americans to suspect 'our enemies' lurking behind every hedgerow. it justified them tapping private phone lines, detaining dark-skinned individuals and doing everything they could think of to violate the civil liberties of the u.s. citizens.

bush and bin laden together created what many consider the most damaging decade in the nation's history.

thousands killed, lives ruined, the economy trashed beyond recognition ~ this is the legacy of these men (and their crony, cheney).

and just 24 hours before the seals got bin laden, all the right-wing wackos could do was babble on about birth certificates.

wow...just wow.
 cotter
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Bin Laden
Posted: 5/4/2011 7:52:46 PM
^^^^^^
BRAVO!!!!

Junipermoon is right.

And to add something ...
They also managed to frighten the bejeebees out of a lot of people with their idiotic "terror alert level" system. I believe it's called fear mongering. It's just highly unfortunate that so many got sucked up in it.

I believe OBL's main goal was to frighten us so that we would go crazy trying to protect ourselves from further attacks that we would go bankrupt. OBL got what he wanted ... eh?

The wars that followed KSM's 911 attack have basically bankrupted our country.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Bin Laden
Posted: 5/5/2011 2:41:53 AM

I believe OBL's main goal was to frighten us so that we would go crazy trying to protect ourselves from further attacks that we would go bankrupt. OBL got what he wanted ... eh?

no, you are incorrect.......it was OBL's aim to trigger a war between the US and all of Islam, and thus lead to worldwide chaos and market collapse...........OBL was banking that the US would have reacted more violently towards the Arab world in the aftermath of the WTC attacks, and that there would be an Arab backlash, and subsequently further economic destabilization worldwide.

Both correct. If indeed the mythological figure of ObL existed and all the alleged acts were indeed his doing in deed or planning, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

We had the world's sympathy after the WTC and Pentagoon attacks, and proceeded to totally squander it by chickening out from trying to find the perps to go for the easy bloodlust satiation of two oil wars costing trillions borrowed from China. Every reaction the alleged actions of al Queada have furthered their recruitment of orders of magnitude of fresh blood to carry on against the empires occupying their lands. The CIA had a hand in teaching our freedom fighting buds how to bankrupt the Soviets in Afghanistan, a lesson applied to the US in return. Global destabilization accomplished as well.

And yes, KSM, ObL and the other freedom fighters that we trained and armed, did expose the US as a shakey democracy, a land of chickenshits, willing to trash the constitution, give up basic freedoms, succumb to the most egregious lies and propaganda, full of fascism/nationalism/xenophobia, willing to torture, trash human rights, bully the world, bomb wedding parties in brown lands by mistake and not even think about it, be unwilling to raise taxes to pay for it all, and ignore it's own veterans of the oil wars when they return.

Buck for buck, psychologically, politically, and morally, we got punked.
 Twilightslove
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Bin Laden
Posted: 5/5/2011 7:21:48 AM
Instead of bashing each other and trying to prove you are right over another human why don't you "join humanity" and become part of the whole. That's right. Call it the "Human Party" where everyone has the right to love one another and to help each other through good times and bad without judgment and/or prejudice. Take that in and chew on it awhile.

I really do not care if a person has a different skin color, religion, or political association as long as they are open to others and can accept that while we all are different we are basically all the same.

Whether Osama died a few days ago or many years ago should not really be what this discussion is about. The facts remain that Bush did a lot of damage to this country and pulled the plug on a lot of freedoms and now that there is suppose to be change there is no change for the better.

Spin these things any way you want to yet your blinders are very unbecoming.

Politicians are great at a few things. One is how to "Divide then Conquer."
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 99
Bin Laden
Posted: 5/5/2011 7:26:47 AM
exercise your right to misjudge my character by calling me a racist, like the obscure ignorant f(_)ck poster before you that hides behind anonymity. What's driving me?

Actually, you appear to have challenged some veteran gunfighters to a battle of wits and research
while you are seemingly unarmed.. and floating in a cannabis cloud..

Suggest you pick up what marbles you have left and go back to school, learn to research better,

and find some buds to share and commiserate with about more juvenile proclivities..

Bin Laden deserved to die, unlike the 3000+ Americans that Al Quaida caused to die..
 matchlight
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Bin Laden
Posted: 5/5/2011 7:47:01 AM
^^^^^Killing an enemy in war--provided he's active and has not clearly surrendered--is not "murder." I don't know of any evidence Bin Laden had surrendered.

There's no place for political correctness in U.S. foreign policy. Worrying about inflaming an enemy is ridiculous. Muslim jihadists already want us all dead, and showing pictures of Bin Laden's corpse isn't going to create thousands of new recruits to his cause. We are much more likely to encourage jihadists by showing we're the least concerned about their wishes. To he!! with what the filthy b a s t a r d s want--and with all of them.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Bin Laden
Posted: 5/5/2011 9:23:17 AM
saharam

you seem unable to accept that others may hold different views?

you also refused to condemn, on the islam thread the murder of innocents in afghanistan after the geezer over the pond burned a koran in retaliation for muslims defacating, urinating and burning a bible in australia.

seems like you and your cohorts have difficulty in accepting opposing views.

as you know i despise liberals. if confronted by colonel ghaddafi and a liberal and i had one bullet left id use it on the liberal.

it must gall you severely that the 'little' people dont orgasm over the huffington post (incidentally knocked into the third most read online newspaper after the uk's conservative daily mail. ha ha ) and watch fox news? over here fox is quoted regularly on tv.

so the black man (well mixed race but no one seems to mention that) killed the muslim man? or at least ordered it.

aint life a donald ducker?

so to summarise so far
navy seals went into pakistan? they had a gun battle? they may or may not have killed bin laden? he may or may not have put up a fight? he may or may not have been topped? he may or may not have been dumped at sea?

im foxed if i know after all the lies from autocues lackies

just on tv on sky news
cyrus mcgoldrick head of american/muslim relations standing at ground zero when asked about the death of bin laden just said 'we will have to wait and see as its been reported many times before that he was dead'
 vlad dracul
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Bin Laden
Posted: 5/5/2011 10:03:39 AM
frankster im not a conservative mate.

im a geezer trying to get on with life without dafty liberals interfering in it.

you lived in europe, you know how hamstrung people have become.

frightened to say or do anything incase they get branded with the pc insults.

if people leave me i will leave them. if ghadaffi goes and the muslim brotherhood take control (they work like liberals in as much as they are vocal and browbeat the majority who just want a quiet life) what then?

europe suffers. for all our wee disagreements you know and i know nationalism is on the rise in europe. most nationalist groups want american bases out of their countrys.

the yanks will become even more isolated and insuler. bin laden was/is a smokescreen.

the world is in turmoil. i have no problem with anyone who will leave me to get on with things.

liberals cant do that though. they are causing strife the world over. lol and at the end of the day the next bin laden will be here soon

have a liberal free day mate and watch as obama wriggles and squirms as the story gets even more holes in it
 cotter
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Bin Laden
Posted: 5/5/2011 10:07:52 AM
Msg. 215 ...
... ignore it's own veterans of the oil wars when they return.
Yuppers ... many of which are either living on the streets or if they're lucky ... Welfare (that the Republicans are trying to do away with as well.) I should know ... it's part of my job to help take care of them.

I hear their stories all the time ... psychological messes because they can't get the treatment they so much deserve, can't get the medications they need to gain back their sanity, can't qualify for work because without the medications they can't hold down a job, have lost their spouses who just couldn't deal with it anymore, have lost the support of their siblings and/or families for the same reason.

Many who still have their families intact pretty much lost everything when they were (inappropriately) called up to go. They had to give up their lucrative income (which was making the house payments) and run off to fight an illegal war leaving behind a spouse (and usually children as well) none of which were prepared to earn the money it took to keep the household going.

As a result while the breadwinner was away, they lost the house ... eventually moved into substandard housing mostly in dangerous low-income neighborhoods (I should know because that's where I go to make my visits) which also subjected their families to all kinds of societal influences they probably never would have encountered if they had been allowed to stay in the family home they had prior to their breadwinner being deployed.

Buck for buck, psychologically, politically, and morally, we got punked.
Yes ... we sure did.

Thank you "earthpuppy " for your post ... reminding a lot who perhaps forget the real goal of OBL.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Bin Laden
Posted: 5/5/2011 11:25:49 AM
nothinglefttoburn

carry on mate. keep p issing those liberals off.

they hate dissent.

proculharem

conspiracys? like obama is americas first black president? he is not. he is mixed race.

we have a saying in edinburgh about wehatepeoplewhoquestionliberaldogmaophobes

nowt like the truth spoiling a good wet dream
 nipoleon
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Bin Laden
Posted: 5/5/2011 11:55:13 AM

cyrus mcgoldrick head of american/muslim relations standing at ground zero when asked about the death of bin laden just said 'we will have to wait and see as its been reported many times before that he was dead'

As I said at the beginning of this thread.
Before, I wasn't sure he was still alive.......
Now, I'm not sure he's really dead.

There is no proof possible.
Those who want proof would simply claim the proof is doctored. It's a useless losing game to get involved in.

Bin Laden got what was coming to him, fair and square.

Now let's get on to more important things.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 107
Bin Laden
Posted: 5/5/2011 12:55:06 PM
But yanno all this could be easily cleared up...just like the long form birth certificate...

For all of those who don't believe he is dead: Does it not occur to you that all Bin Laden has to do to prove he is alive is make a tape of him holding up a current newspaper and send the tape to a media outlet, like Al Jazeera? He can prove the US administration to be liars so easily, how could they hope to scam the world on this?

That is no more likely than secretly sending our troops into a country to murder a suspected terrorist.

That's about the most un-patriotic thing I've read in sometime.

vlad dracul
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Bin Laden
Posted: 5/5/2011 1:02:19 PM
or fox news could prove he is alive.

which would mean he wasnt? i think? as if fox say its true then its not. i think?

maybe if the huffington post say he isnt dead we would all be convinced?

i know i would be. such a bastion of truth that it is.

lol
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Bin Laden
Posted: 5/5/2011 5:47:07 PM
Citizens of the Empire love to talk about and hate our symptoms, terrorism, but absolutely hate to talk about the causes of the disease. Our perfect victimhood dictates that we ignore why some folks could possibly hate us so much they would go off the deepest end and come back to bite us in the Trade Towers, the symbols of Empire grandiostity.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Bin Laden
Posted: 5/6/2011 5:33:24 AM
Oich. This has degenerated into a series of "yeah, but what IF it's all a plot?" posts. There hasn't been a real FACT seen in this mess yet. Everything in the news is, by it's very nature, second-hand. In this day of hi tech, even moving pictures of something can be faked well enough to fool most people.
Those who want to believe the whole last ten years has been a secret plot by people clever enough to fool EVERYONE, will believe as they do no matter what.
Enough already.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Bin Laden
Posted: 5/6/2011 6:15:20 AM
igorf
your spot on mate.
i have let my dislike of lieberals get out of hand. but most debates become entrenched. its unseemly but i despise what these fools have allowed my nation to become

EP

i know the causes mate. our foreign policies have been abysmal.
our need for oil has lots to do with the current state of affairs. i couldnt give a donald duck who runs what oil rich countrys.
if one wont sell then another will. play them off against each other. i would not lose one uk life anywhere in the world if the uk was not under threat.
there could be no 'trial' of bin laden. who's law would be used? what country would hold the trial?
a terrorist obeys no countrys laws, and if they are religious nutters then all is lost.
but i do advocate nipping the problem in the bud.

a foreign national in a different country who advocates terror or murdering that countrys citizens should either be deported or 'killed while trying to escape'

your waffling about empire, i know nowt of empire. i never lived through it. ive never benefitted from it that i know of.
but i can still say with hand on heart that i hate lieberals more than anyone else i can think off.

i would dress them all up as baby seals and leave them on the faro islands during baby seal hunting time.

that way the seals would be safe, the islanders would get to club something to death and me and people like me could get on with our lifes without meddlesome dogmatic lieberals interfering.

(p.s. the liberals got massacred in the uk last night in england and scotland and wales and labour got a kicking in scotland as the scottish national party look like having the majority)
Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  >