Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 112
Bin Laden is DeadPage 5 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
Works this way: they DO release the picture. And stage II is that it's just a picture of a body double. Those not attached to fact; those with their TFH's *welded on,* are nevah nevah nevah gonna be able to see the truth.

ELVIS LIVES!!

mrnova66
Msg: 113
Bin Laden is Dead
Posted: 5/6/2011 2:41:13 PM
Do not worry sheeple..The government will release "A" picture around October 2012 so that they can get their guy another 4 years...They will run on that,But meanwhile back at the ranch gas will be well over 5 bucks a gallon..Very few jobs..High food prices...And the sheeple will see (A) picture and run in droves to vote for Mr.Movie star...We all might be living in tents 2 years from now..But least they got him..YEA!!!RIGHT!!!!
 Twilightslove
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Bin Laden is Dead
Posted: 5/6/2011 7:12:34 PM
Not sure about TV but the propaganda campaign is really thick on the net.
 matchlight
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Bin Laden is Dead
Posted: 5/6/2011 9:53:59 PM
We would do better to think less about what enraged Muslims might do to attack us, and more about making them worry what this country will do to them if they try.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 116
Bin Laden
Posted: 5/7/2011 5:48:44 AM

So he was living in a heavy populated area of Pakistan, near a US base, in no disguise for 10 years, and no one notices him?

All sorts of... ahem... comments can be made from this post...so let me start.

I know, right? People are so brainwashed, and never question anything.

Brainwashed...never question anything...well lets start with what US base bin Laden was near...that's such blatent error/mistake/lie that it's beyond belief..

Next, since the house that bin Laden was found in was built 6 years ago..where was he hiding for the 4 years prior to that...not to mention that there is no evidence to support the claim that bin Laden was there for the entire 6 years that the house was built...

But, then...this is the internet...one can have any foolish opinion without one fact to support it.
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 117
Bin Laden is Dead
Posted: 5/7/2011 7:47:12 AM
more about making them worry what this country will do to them if they try.

Now they KNOW what we will do to them IF we can find them..
We will send them directly to Nirvana with about 30 virgins

We DO have to continue to be very vigilant because so many radical extremist Muslims still have that brainwashing where they may value their life less than those 30 apocryphal afterlife virgins just waiting for them to become a martyr..
 Twilightslove
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Bin Laden
Posted: 5/7/2011 8:43:11 AM
I've noticed that since I started watching the comments on the internet about bin Laden's death there have been articles popping up to explain it all.

Like this one in Ya hoo:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20110506/sc_space/moonmicrobemysteryfinallysolved

I'm not sure if it was someone in this thread that made a joke about people not believing about bin Laden's death would also say they didn't believe that someone landed on the moon. I do know it was a comment somewhere this week though. I have to laugh at how this popped up to save the day. I guess that monitoring is in full force.

Marketing is a very interesting field indeed. They are pretty good at making people believe just about anything someone wants them to believe as long as they are paid well, I'm sure.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 119
Bin Laden
Posted: 5/8/2011 7:51:53 AM

Oh good, someone who is privy to all of the intelligence that was gathered on this issue... Do tell. Oh, wait...
Ya gotta know what ya don't know, friend

Well, I really don’t know much…but what I do know is that bin Laden wasn’t in this safe house for 10 years, which is what I was responding to, since the house was reported to have been built 6 years ago….and I’m doubtful of the reports that some neighbors remember giving bin Laden house warming presents shortly after the house was give a certificate of occupancy 6 years ago.

It's funny how almost anything is believable as long as it's not what has been formally presented. The latter must always be some sort of psy op. Always

Next time in English please.

Whereas the intelligence work that led to the destruction of Bin Laden was begun in the Bush administration, the cache of schemes taken from Osama’s Pakistan house debunked the fanciful narrative that the Bush crew pushed: that Osama was stuck in a cave unable to communicate, increasingly irrelevant and a mere symbol, rather than operational. Osama, in fact, was at the helm, spending his days whipping up bloody schemes to kill more Americans.

We briefly celebrated one of the few clear-cut military victories we’ve had in a long time, a win that made us feel like Americans again — smart and strong and capable of finding our enemies and striking back at them without getting trapped in multitrillion-dollar Groundhog Day occupations.
But within days, Naval Seal-gazing shifted to navel-gazing.
There was the bad comedy of solipsistic Republicans with wounded egos trying to make it about how right they were and whinging that George W. Bush was due more credit. Their attempt to renew the debate about torture is itself torture.

I also note how some are currently trying to make bin Laden out to be the victim because America went “onto foreign soil and murdered one of it residents”
 mrnova66
Msg: 120
Bin Laden
Posted: 5/8/2011 4:33:38 PM
I do not know where you get your news from^^^^^But the last 2 weeks there has been a increase of unemployment....And the government do not count the people that falls off unemployment benifits...As far as what you stated about oil coming down since 2009..WHAT ARE YOU GETTING AT?...That gas will be coming down....Well you can keep on living in OZ!!!!Let me guess you get your news from CNN....The United States Government borrows 40 cents for every dollar the government spends...And you think things are getting better...If my bills are 2,000 a month and i have to borrow 800 to make it..Then i am in deep crap....But things are better...YEA!!!RIGHT!!!!!!
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Bin Laden
Posted: 5/8/2011 5:07:32 PM

We might ask ourselves how we would be reacting if Iraqi commandos landed at George W. Bush’s compound, assassinated him, and dumped his body in the Atlantic.

This analogy fails on many fronts.

I'm no Bush fan, and was appalled by many of his decisions, but he's done his damage and killing him now would serve no tactical purpose, and killing him while he was in office would simply have bumped Cheney into the leadership role, which certainly would not have decreased the appalling acts on our part.

I understand that you're skeptical of the mainstream media perception of Bin Laden and his terrorism role, and we'll probably just have to agree to disagree on that point, but from my perspective, given the treasure trove of intelligence purportedly found during the raid, it seems he was still very much active and engaged in terrorism and leaves a leadership void that is likely to disrupt Al Quaeda efforts at the very least in the near term and quite possibly the long term as well.

I am disturbed to some extent that a better effort wasn't made to capture him rather than kill him, as much as anything because he WANTED to be killed rather than captured, but compared to the gross human rights abuses of the Bush administration on a much larger scale I'm not losing a lot of sleep over Bin Laden's death.

I always advocated targeting our resources on the individuals responsible for terrorism, not countries, and this strike was very much in keeping with that philosophy.

Dave
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Bin Laden is Dead
Posted: 5/9/2011 7:19:11 AM

i think you are overlooking the fact that those who orchestrate these terror plots are quite educated.......chemists, engineers, tradesmen of sorts.

Those who orchestrate, perhaps, but without followers buying into their scheme they won't get very far, and many of those followers are sadly lacking in education.

It's much the same here, with those who orchestrate the birther movement, the swift boaters, and other groundless means to discredit political adversaries shrewdly manipulating those who either aren't smart enough or paying enough attention to see through their manipulative tactics with little to no basis in fact.

Education, especially education with an emphasis on fostering logical thought processes is an essential tool for fighting terrorism, racism, sexism, and many other misguided principles and tactics.

Dave
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 123
Bin Laden is Dead
Posted: 5/9/2011 3:02:34 PM
One of bin Ladens goals was to create economic jihad against the United States...and he did...giving Bush one more excuse to invade Iraq after stating war in Afganistan...in this I believe that bin Laden will leave a further legacy, in that, we will be forced to be vigilant against the forces of terrorism for some time to come....

1(rank in expenditure)
United States $687,105,000,000 (spent on military in 2010)
(As a percent of GDP) 4.7%

In fact...more than 1/3 of the total world spending on military is spent by the United States..

World total spending=$1 630billion
US spending=$698billion
 cotter
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Bin Laden is Dead
Posted: 5/9/2011 3:56:18 PM

& yes,they say if we show force,it's keep the bad guys at bay ...
Just how good are we at keeping the "bad guys" at bay? With all our "force", how did they get to the twin towers?

Oh ya ... we are just so big and bad and forceful. We have numerous people who have all volunteered to be in the military (since we no longer have a draft) ... and yet they whine like babies when they are deployed and can't call home every night. (Damnit ... can't they make a cell phone that will work in the Middle East so Johnny can call Suzi every night to wish her a good night?)

I remember when our guys went to Nam (or Thailand or wherever) ... all we had was "snail mail" and I know it's not easy for you younger folks to imagine, but we totally lived through it.

....so why do only WE,have to pay?
WE pay because WE were the only ones foolish enough to run blindly straight into two illegal wars. We were so eager to run over there and get our azzes kicked that we couldn't wait for others to join forces with us and do something as level-headed as think before we run.
 MsMicki
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Bin Laden is Dead
Posted: 5/10/2011 6:53:56 AM
and throw in the fact that many have joined because of our economy.....they felt it was the only way to get an education for a better job.

"Whine like babies"........WTF? These men are defending your freedoms.....a bit of respect is in order.

Hate the war.......not the warrior
 cotter
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Bin Laden
Posted: 5/10/2011 9:47:45 AM

We have numerous people who have all volunteered to be in the military (since we no longer have a draft) ... and yet they whine like babies when they are deployed and can't call home every night.

This is merely cruel and unwarranted.
Not cruel ... just being honest. They are a product of "instant gratification" ... a product of their surroundings. They belong to the generation of "I want it, I have to have it, and I'm getting it". It's not necessarily their fault. My children belong to that generation and I did not give into it and became not a very "popular" mother. (Too bad, parenting is not a popularity contest.)

The reason we have such a large volunteer army is because of 9/11.
No ... the reason we have a large volunteer (actually all volunteer) military is because of Melvin Laird (37 years ago).

I am proud of our armed services.
Good for you ... so am I. It doesn't keep me from pointing out some of the obvious though.

"Whine like babies"........WTF? These men are defending your freedoms.....a bit of respect is in order.
First of all ... it's not just "men" and second, telling the truth about some of the things they "whine" about is not disrespecting them. They are truly products of their environment and that was pretty much "instant gratification".

A lot of them signed up with the idea they could go play "Military Guy" for one or two weekends a month and get paid to do it and also get all kinds of money to go to school. Who can fault that? It's also not their fault that a "Dumbazz" president called them up to go fight in two illegal wars.

The fact remains that some of them do whine like babies about being separated from their families. It seems to me the recruiter may have failed to tell them what actual "deployment" would involve. That or they failed to emphasize that they might get deployed at all.

The recruiters are known for blowing sugar up the recruit's azz just to get them to sign up. After they have signed on the dotted line, the real truth usually comes out. So what's new?

Hate the war.......not the warrior
If one checks out my posts, one would find that I don't "hate the warrior". I happen to be one of many who takes care of them when they come home wounded and disabled often with their minds all twisted and contorted ...

I'm one of the ones who still can't understand how a president can order the military into two illegal wars and then cut their benefits. I'm one of the ones who sees first hand how it affects the families when the breadwinner gets called up to go fight an illegal war and loses everything ... job, home, family ... because they can no longer pay for it because they are not making the kind of money in the war zone that they made at home. I'm one of the ones who sees first hand how the disabilities affect not just the Vet, but the immediate family all the way up to and including the community. So don't be dictating to me what I can or cannot say about our service personnel.

My daughter was part of that too. She was an officer and told me about how her troops would come to her ... actually crying ... about it all. She too wondered how it was that they didn't realize when they signed up that being deployed meant separation from one's family.
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Bin Laden is Dead
Posted: 5/10/2011 10:05:07 AM

I see a lot of hate on the forums expressed by those on the Left. When Bush was President so many bashed Bush and the wars, now that Obama is President those same people are strangely quiet. Nobel Peace prize winner orders the murder of an unarmed man, where is the outrage. Do you realize that more troops have died in Afghanistan under Obamas watch than died when Bush was President?

Oh, get off the stereotypes. I see very few posters here whose opinions on everything exactly align with how those on the opposite end of the political spectrum stereotype them, and I take great care to address my criticisms to individual perspectives I differ with without feeling the need to force them into some arbitrary category.

My politics would inspire many to label me "LEFT", I suppose, yet there are many conservatives and Republicans I respect and there have been many decisions and proposals by Democrats I've opposed.

I make no bones about asserting that George W Bush was the worst President in my lifetime, in my view, yet I didn't condemn every decision he made, just most of them. He did a few things right, but far too few.

Likewise I think Obama has done a better job than any of the candidates he defeated would have done, with the possible exception of Hillary, but I don't always agree with his decisions either.

We should never have invaded Afghanistan, in my opinion, and certainly not Iraq. Once there, undoing the damage really isn't an option, and plotting the least worst path forward is a challenge I wouldn't wish on anyone. I'm glad we have someone like Obama making those very difficult decisions. I respect his values and decision making process. I'm not in his shoes and not inclined to micromanage decisions I don't have all the information on that he has.

I did NOT respect Bush's value system or decision making process. I think his response to 9/11 did much more to promote terrorism than discourage it, and that he crippled us morally and financially.

But I don't hate Bush. By all accounts he's a decent man personally and I do applaud for the most part how he's conducted himself since leaving office, in contrast to Cheney who seems to feel obliged to weigh in on every act of the current administration.

So I wrote all that to demonstrate that I, like most others here, don't conveniently fall under some label or category. I tend to assume others, even those I differ with, are also a unique mix of values and ideas. Broad generalizations tend to just drive wedges between us when often it's possible to build on whatever we do have in common and agree to disagree in other specific areas.

'nuff said

Dave
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 128
Bin Laden is Dead
Posted: 5/10/2011 10:12:07 AM
Apparently, we've forgotten that the Iraq war that Rumsfeld orchestrated...was a low budget...low manpower run operation...and by the time it was realized that more personel were required...no one wanted to enlist knowing that Iraq or Afganistan was in their near future...have we forgotten the low recruitment numbers were at the heights of these 2 wars that Bush pushed us into.

We were so under manned that retired servicemen were recalled into the military...we sent our national guard (yanno, those that are suppose to defend the homeland on the homeland) to war in Iraq and Afganistan. And that administration did this to avoid, at all cost, another draft.

And then when these soldiers returned so damaged...the administration...the Bush administration...abandoned them, once again (like they had with poor armour and lack of bullets to fight with) with pizz-poor healthcare.

OT:
So, if we had to go into the sovereign nation of Pakistan to "murder" bin Laden...who helped nurture the prior administration into a false war...well, so be it.
 Twilightslove
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Bin Laden is Dead
Posted: 5/10/2011 10:33:17 AM
Military recruiters were hot and heavy at our local schools as well. Even so, they were having trouble getting recruitment numbers up. I found this article earlier today:

Why Go to College, When You Can be Cannon Fodder?
Do You Know What Your Kids Are Watching on "Educational" TV at School?

By Dr. Teresa Whitehurst

"A parent who's too busy or doesn't realize the importance of tuning in to his or her child often expresses surprise when the child gets into trouble or drops out of school. The child knows, but can't explain, that those "bad kids" he or she hangs out with are alike a lifeline. This is the secret pullall the unpleasantness and risk in the world is worth the feeling of being seen and heard by someone."

I learned something new yesterday. Channel One News, the "educational" TV show that my daughter Isa and millions of other American kids watch every morning at school, is busy recruiting our teenagers into the military.

"Mom, they're really aiming at the black kids, and the Hispanic kids too. I'm so sick of seeing those military ads everyday. "The Power of One", and all that lots of my friends are falling for it!"

This is especially upsetting to Isa because several of her black friends, 18, 19 and 20 years old, have been shipped to Iraq. Some were promised they wouldn't have to be in combat, but would be doing "mechanical work", "communications", or "wiring".

It seems doubtful that, when push comes to shove, kids who've been promised such jobs will be allowed to avoid combat. One of her friends has already been shot "in an embarrassing place"; he's being treated overseas instead of the US so that he can be sent quickly back into combat in Iraq. Mr. Bush's military needs warm bodies, able or not.

I stopped the car and asked, "Wait a minute. What do you mean when you say you're "seeing those military ads every day"?"

"We have to watch this short thing every morning in homeroom called "Channel One News"," Isa explained with a weary tone. "It's educational, supposedly. You know, the day's news, so we'll be up on current events. But in between the stories, there are more and more ads for the Army and the Marines."

I thought about "No Child Left Behind" and the malignant purpose behind that sweet-sounding act that Mr. Bush and his men (and at least one journalist paid $250,000 by the White House) have continuously promoted to trusting parents across the US. After catching my breath I asked,

"Are you saying you're being recruited through the TV you watch during homeroom?" She nodded. I asked again, "What do your teachers think about this? What about Mr. Hitchens (not his real name), who told you privately that he's antiwar? Doesn't he say anything against it?"

Persuaded Away from College, Towards the Military

"No, I think the teachers and the kids are so used to it at my school that they don't even notice anymore. I mean, the other day I was walking to Sociology class and heard the ROTC instructor telling the kids, "Okay, this is how you hold your M-16". The whole culture of the school is military these days, so nobody notices anything unusual about this. And I think the few teachers who aren't prowar or proBush are afraid to get in trouble if they say anything that doesn't sound pro-military."

As noted in my recent articles on military recruitment and the coming draft, for two years my daughter and I have been fighting the aggressive and often sneaky efforts of military recruiters to sign her up. Certainly they don't want her for her physical prowess-she weighs 98 pounds-so I can only assume they want her for other reasons. Either they've seen her high verbal scores, or they just want young bodies-even a tiny one-to serve as cannon fodder.

With a military recruiter present every day in the cafeteria, military "speakers" visiting classrooms, and huge recruiting posters in the guidance office, perhaps it's not surprising that teachers and even guidance counselors have been influenced by the constant hum of "enlist, enlist, enlist". Students at Isa's school are told that, yes, they could consider college, but that it's "very expensive" and "may not guarantee you a job", while the military "will pay for college" and "practically guarantees you'll have a great career". Oh, and "a big cash bonus right now if you sign up today!"

Joining the military is presented as the one and only path of honor, heroism, and service to one's country. Many students, not surprisingly, want to be heroes or get out of poverty, so they're signing up in droves. College recruiting is a rarity at this school, and at her previous school, as well. Ah, but military recruiters are constantly lurking around, spending quality time with fatherless boys, handing out materials, giving "aptitude tests" (played down as "just helping you figure out what you're really good at"), handing out Marine bumper stickers, and otherwise making their smartly-uniformed presence known.

It continues here:
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article8125.htm
 matchlight
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Bin Laden is Dead
Posted: 5/10/2011 11:38:38 AM

the Bush administration...abandoned them, once again (like they had with poor armour and lack of bullets to fight with) with pizz-poor healthcare.

The last I heard, it was Congress, and not the Executive Branch, which allocates funds for military equipment and medical care for veterans. If there's some evidence that enough money for these things was there, but President Bush or someone in his administration failed to use it properly, you don't say what it is.

And without any evidence of that, your remarks about our soldiers dying for lack of ammunition and poor armor (presumably on Humvees), or suffering unnecessarily in substandard hospitals, sound like good fodder for a "peace" song by Pete Seeger or some other old communist. They also show you either are unaware--or choose not to mention-- that in the context of our history, these shortcomings are not nearly as severe as you imply.

The U.S. has never been in a war where everything worked just fine, right from the start. Far from it--and sometimes the problem never was fixed. Thousands of Union soldiers died because of faulty weapons or other equipment; or because they lay badly wounded in hospitals and slipped away, while warehouses sat full of good food and medicines only a few miles away, because no one had been authorized to take these things to them; or because of incompetent officers who had been chosen strictly for political reasons; or because of all sorts of other gross, inexcusable blundering.

At Midway in 1942, dozens of U.S. airmen died trying to attack Japanese ships with obsolete torpedo bombers that could barely make 150 mph. In one attack all 12 planes were lost and all but one of the 24 men in them killed. And if the torpedos didn't fall off before they ever reached the target, they were almost sure to go off course, or fail to explode even if they scored direct hits. All this went on for months after that, and it is only one of a number of serious problems with equipment.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 131
Bin Laden is Dead
Posted: 5/10/2011 11:53:58 AM
It's laughable to compare civil warand WW2 machinery with todays technology...and yes, I am talking about unarmoured Humvee's that were the vehile supplied to the armed forces...but, we, the United States have the most advanced nuclear navy...the best fighter planes...the NSA absorbs a great deal of the military budget...no one need be drafted into the NSA..of course...not too much of all this supports a ground war...which was undermanned...and then manned to a degree with retired personel...and national guard...you may have missed this little factoid:

1(rank in expenditure)
United States $687,105,000,000 (spent on military in 2010)
(As a percent of GDP) 4.7%

In fact...more than 1/3 of the total world spending on military is spent by the United States..

World total spending=$1 630billion
US spending=$698billion

President Bush or someone in his administration failed to use it properly, you don't say what it is.

Actually I did...Rumsfeld and the Commander in Chief of the armed forces

For the man in charge is ultimately responsible for the countries seccesses or failures...

And President Obama is surely responsible for the demise of bin Laden...as a direct result of his determined focus of effort.
 cotter
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Bin Laden
Posted: 5/10/2011 12:30:27 PM

So according to you Soldiers are simply brainwashed, they have no choice, they don't feel patriotic or a sense of duty?
Actually, mostly the ones I meet up with (because they were injured or have other mental disorders brought on by the illegal wars) appear to have joined because they thought it would be an easy way to get their education paid for.

Occasionally, I run across ex-military personnel who tell me it was a job that paid benefits and at the time they never ever expected some dumb cowboy would make it to the White House ... much less take the nation into two illegal wars. They really were caught off guard.

I have friends who are now retiring from the military and tell me that when it first went to all-volunteer ... prior to the military changing/upgrading enlistment standards ... that at first it was awful. They were only attracting dropouts and kids who had been down the juvenile detention route ... ordered to either get a job and/or training of some kind or go back to jail.

They tell me the really fulfilling part of it was seeing that they could straighten these people out ... make productive citizens of them. Of course, like anything else, they had dropouts and I'm told that at first, it was a lot more than they ever counted on and that's another reason our military was so undermanned for a while there.

OT ...
I have yet to hear any military personnel I take care of tell me they joined because their favorite colors are Red, White, and Blue or they felt some overwhelming desire to defend or protect this country.

Not to forget that a good many of the 40 and 50 year-old personnel joined up long before "Dumbya" came into power. From the way they put it ... "Who could have figured we'd ever have such a dumbazz as Commander in Chief?"
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 134
Bin Laden is Dead
Posted: 5/10/2011 9:20:03 PM

poor armor (presumably on Humvees), or suffering unnecessarily in substandard hospitals

Still Unprotected: Bakes Sales Raise Money for Body Armor in Iraq
May 24, 2006 ... Bake sales are held, funds collected and the armor is ordered from www.bulletproofme.com, which then ships the armor free of charge to the ...
www.towardfreedom.com/.../825-still-unprotected-bakes-sales-raise-money-for-body-armor-in-iraq - Cached

Eliana Johnson on "Bake Sales for Body Armor" on National Review ...
Jul 14, 2004 ... Bake sales for body armor." In the same vein, John Kerry assured Americans that "as president, I will see to it that we don't have to have ...
old.nationalreview.com/comment/johnson200407140956.asp - Cached

#
Bush Cuts Veterans' Budget - - Irregular Times
Jun 1, 2004 ... The physicians, nurses, medical and support personnel at VA hospitals are ... For a better health-care system? June 1, 2004 is the day that the new ... If I were President, I would demand $7 billion back from the $350 ...
irregulartimes.com/solvingveterans.html - Cached - Similar

#
What George Bush has done for soldiers and veterans. - Journals ...
1 post - Last post: Jan 13, 2009
The Bush Administration cut $1.5 billion for military family housing, ... Bush allies in Congress stopped efforts to scale back the tax cut for the .... are retired veterans who need food, shelter, and medical care. ...
www.cafemom.com/.../What_George_Bush_has_done_for_soldiers_and_veterans -

BigBadNIrish
Msg: 135
Bin Laden
Posted: 5/11/2011 2:57:04 PM

Does it not bother anyone that Obama and his administration were allegedly watching live video of the execution of Bin Laden and yet the details about what happened changed many times?

Nope..not one little tinsie winsie little tiny bit.

Yet you embrace the Murder of an unarmed man.

The horrors...it just must grate soo much that bushie was too inept to do the job right.

I remember some of the threads in the past regarding trying suspected terrorists in civilian courts

Nothing I've posted to...but, I can see that you must have changed your mind now that Obama is THEMAN...and has knocked off several al qaeda topdogs...

It's also funny to see all of you using one instance of judgement to imply that Obama is strong on Foreign policy.

Yep...He is...He's not an isolationist...unlike our prior president.
 cotter
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Bin Laden
Posted: 5/11/2011 5:49:23 PM

I am not a fan of Obama;
That's openly apparent.

... however I respect the office of the presidency.
Depending on who is president at the time ... right?

... occasionally you would encounter a hard charger that had dreamed of joining and wanted to do great things.
It is more than a few or occasionally. Why we have large numbers of Radars, Green Berets and the Navy Seals. I know most PoF guys are not representative of the military or even respect it. But it is not that way in main stream America.
We know that in order to make a statement like that, one would have to organize and interview quite a few people ... right?

For example I have a friend who owns a billion dollar company and his only son volunteered for the armed services as had his father, a former Officer.
Uh huh.

... his vociferous criticism of our interrogation techniques and the officers, CIA involved in these issues.
You mean the interrogation techniques that have been illegal since "Dumbya" ordered them?
You mean the interrogation program that failed?

http://thinkprogress.org/why-enhanced-interrogation-failed/
Why Bush’s ‘Enhanced Interrogation’ Program Failed

Obama should also call for the immediate release of a young Ranger soldier wrongly imprisoned in Leavenworth for killing a terrorist. How afraid it must make some of our soldiers to think they may be imprisoned for an act of war, for doing what they are trained to do ...
Behenna was ordered to release Mansur. I thought they are trained to follow orders. Is that doing what he was trained to do?

... and certainly, in some circumstance, they may even hesitate to protect themselves.
The article also states ...
During this interrogation, Mansur attacked Lt. Behenna, who killed the terrorist in self-defense. The government subsequently prosecuted Lt. Behenna for premeditated murder.
So Behenna is ordered (by Army intelligence no less) to release Mansur and return him to his home, but instead takes it upon himself to interrogate the man. Is that following orders as he was trained to do? Were there any witnesses to Mansur attacking Behenna ... or was it just his word against a man that he considered a terrorist?

It occurs to me that if Army intelligence considered this Mansur person such a threat to the safety of our troops, Mansur's azz would have long since been at Gitmo ... eh? But they wanted him released.

Just saying that there may be more sides to the story than is on the website noted.
 matchlight
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Bin Laden
Posted: 5/11/2011 8:48:04 PM

the interrogation techniques that have been illegal

I don't think they're illegal at all. And neither did the government lawyers who researched that issue before any of those techniques was used. And neither does Michael Mukasey, a former federal judge who was our Attorney General before the esteemed Mr. Holder. He just said they were legal in an article a few days ago.

Both Presidents Bush and Obama have released dozens of jihadists from Gitmo. And more than a few of them went back to murdering people--a lot of people. Many of the releases were politically motivated, sometimes because the jihadist was, say, an English citizen, and the government there was under pressure to get him freed.

Moazzam Begg was one of these, and since his release he's busied himself in England and elsewhere, touting his organization and spreading jihadist propaganda about Gitmo. (Some posters here seem to share his views.) Begg is not much different from Anwar al-Awlaki, the American citizen and Al Qaeda imam/propagandist/recruiter Mr. Obama is now trying to kill in Yemen.

Some of the men released were agents of Iran, mostly captured in Iraq. Several releases by this president were part of his pipe dream of placating the theocrats in Tehran into giving up their quest for nuclear weapons.

And some of them were part of very unsavory deals to free hostages held by Iran. Two men, one a senior Iranian Pasdaran agent and the other an Iraqi working with Iran, were freed even though they were known to be directly involved in a 2007 plot in which jihadists wearing U.S. uniforms seized four U.S. soldiers in Karbala. They then murdered these four men while they were handcuffed together.
Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  >