Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Dads..do you miss your children ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 carribeanking7
Msg: 1
Dads..do you miss your children ?Page 6 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Ok she has custody and doesnt let you see them

There may be reasons like violence toward her & the children...or you having an affair....
since I started this thread I'll just say that ive done none of the above and she was the one who had the affair.......I am over that.

lets not talk about the reasons....thyre endless

I LIKE TO KNOW HOW YOU COPE...LETS FOCUS THERE

Lets have some rules : no flaming your Ex or women in general please.

Thanks to all who reply.
 carribeanking7
Msg: 2
Dads..do you miss your children ?
Posted: 7/19/2005 11:40:36 PM
AWWW i said no flaming
tvling....
 carribeanking7
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/20/2005 12:02:20 AM
Glad you still get to see them pavara...I agree you can divorce your wife but never your children....thats why I started thid thread to get dads input......
she accepted a prsent last april for my little one but for some reason didnt let me see him.........pic of boys in my profile...
 AngelicPassion
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/20/2005 7:04:39 AM
Letmepleaseu..My heart goes out to what you have endured.
 carribeanking7
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/20/2005 8:27:37 PM
@leafs...many persons tried to advice her...family, friends including her own brother..
but to no avail...she has also kept them away from uncles ,nieces,grandparents...
I guess she was embarassed that they all knew about the affair she was having and could not face them...... she could have been more discreet...........sometimes I feel like everybody in town was looking at me funny.
 carribeanking7
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/20/2005 11:11:34 PM
@weka....I understand....I dont like being in an empty home ...so I try to stay out..
sometimes ........a toy.....a cup...their clothes can trigger panic attacks in me for which I take medication...
I m thinking of selling the house and moving elsewhere....sort of a fresh start......
as the saying goes a house and a home is not the same.....

Note to all...when I started this thread I was worried that emotions will cause flaming..of the ex.
so far the large majotity have not done this ...thanks everyone for keeping it clean.

OT..avoiding thinking about them made it worse......so I just focus memories on the good times that we had and less about missing them.....

I hope when they are older they will understand ....that I did not abandon them
 3karat
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2005 8:45:22 AM
To all you men that are fighting to see your children and who really truely want to be part of your childrens lives I want to send you a hug, pat you on your backs and tell you keep trying, it will make a difference in the childrens lives when they find out what you have and are doing.

I have had to take my ex to court so that he will see his kids. Yeah that sounds silly. Even though he was and is a horriblly verbally abusive father, It hurt my kids every day that their daddy didn't want anything to do with them.

He disappeared for over a year and called one day out of the blue demanding that I "produce" the children for a weekend visit. By that time they didn't even know who he was and were scared out of their minds about having to spend the weekend with him. So I took him to court and the court agreed and he now gets 1 hour supervised every two weeks at the courthouse. (inwhich he has cancelled 3 visits in the last 6 months)

He only calls when it's convienent to him. and only wants to see them if it's convienent to him and his new life. In my opinion when the court councellor gave him the schedule to their baseball games, if it was me I would have been sitting in the parking lot or in the gas station watching my kids play ball. Then I could have told them what a great hit or play they did. He was told he could go and watch but he wasn't suppose to converse with them without a witness. He's told he could go to the eldests graduation from elementrary school and he didn't show up. Wow, it would have meant he would have missed 2 hours of work. I know his boss and not only would he have said GO, he would have volunteered to pick my ex up from his worksite and drive him to the graduation. The owner of the company is 100% family first.

SO AGAIN TO YOU GENTLEMEN WHO ARE TRYING TO BE GOOD FATHERS I SALUTE YOU, KEEP IT UP, KEEP TRYING, LET YOUR KIDS KNOW YOUR TRYING, AND GOOD LUCK.

caribbear
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/25/2005 5:37:15 PM
Hi,

How do I cope? I don't...it eats me up inside every day I open my eyes. I have to control my emotions towards my father and brothers. I can hardly look at his pictures without breaking down...Some out there may say I am wussy, but when you have a 16 month old out there that you love and you know he loves you and your wife/exwife is using him to hurt you.....Well I wouldn't wish that pain on my worse enemy. She will not call to have me talk with him, because I to not want to reconcile with her....it's a long story...All I can say is keep busy, keep praying for you kids protection, especially these days and hold on to blind faith...I hope one day I can come on here and giev you guys inspiration!!!!!Thanks for listening!
 carribeanking7
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/25/2005 7:38:45 PM
Pals say I seem to be a "having it together" person...............I try but cant help it...somedays I end up deppressed. I just want to spare them seeing me that way.
It has also affected my dating life................not for the lack of dates....but confusing emotions........and relating to others.
recent weeks it has gotten so bad that I edited my profile to "here for the forums only"
Temporarily I hope.

But more than that I feel for my youngest who is 5, he would always cling to me like a baby kangaroo...I wonder what is going thru his mind ?....imagine his frustration ...thinking his dad does not wnat to see him anymore.

The pic of the boys i have on my profile is also my screensaver......its the first thing I see
when I turn on my PC........It always makes me smile.

Thanks everybody for replying to this thread, I value very much your opinions and input.
 carribeanking7
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/10/2005 1:15:07 AM
Its a paradox..isnt it......those that have the door open to see their kids DONT..
and those that want to see them are prevented.
 hdryder
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2005 8:52:49 PM
Hey all.... yah..... hdryder here...... I just have to add something from a slightly different point of view..... when my son was 2 1/2 years old, his mom, my wife, passed away.... I raised him alone for a lot of years.... just about 10 years.... there were a lot of times thru those years that I wished for her to be there for some of the things a little kid needs a mommy for. I knew tho' it was never to be..... and after a while, he did too....

From my perspective, I just cannot understand how people can be so vicious to one another so as to use the kids as weapons to inflict hurt on the estranged parent..... which so many of you decribe as your experience.....

one final thought..... my kids are all in their 20's and early 30's and grown and gone.... and I do miss them dearly a lot of times.... I have a flat rate long distance plan and I USE IT -believe me.....

you all take care now huh?
 carribeanking7
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/25/2005 1:10:26 AM
Just got to see them 2 days ago.....after nearly a year,
the older boy (10) hugged me and was quite emotional...the younger boy (5) seemed distant and aloof.
 carribeanking7
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/18/2006 11:49:37 PM
After not seeing them for nearly a year...I finally Managed to give my eldest boy his present
on his 10th birthday personally.....he was quite emotional and hugged me...the younger boy seemed emotional and distant........my ex refused to let me give him his present inApril last year........this time around the babysitter has incurred her wrath for letting me see them...
she has left strict instructions not to let me see them....I suppose all I can do now is try...
until my divorce is finalized...and I get visitation rights.
 mandossa
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/21/2006 9:58:45 PM
Hey man I'm going through the same crap right now. I did nothing bad to her or my Son he is the most important thing in my life. But for some reason she is denieing me my time with my son. She is just trying to be in control and hurt me. And ya it really messed with my head for a while. But I went to court a took care of everything. It doesn't look good on their part when they don't put the childs best intrest to heart. And I found that being around friends
and talking with my family got me through the worst time in my life. Now I feel great, actually I feel happy that we broke up because she did nothing but hold me back.
 MellyBabez
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/23/2006 8:13:37 AM
My daughter's dad lives right next door to us.
Literally, our doors touch.

He doesnt visit with her much, but im sure if i took off and moved away, he would miss her.
He is always welcome to see her anytime he wants, just chooses not to sometimes.
He will learn, and regret it :)

All you men who can't see your kids...
I apologize.
Some women are just b.itches. Plain and simple.
They think they are "winning" somthing, by not letting y'all see your kids.
 Nitewolf76
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2007 9:24:01 PM
Well to answer the original question, Do i miss my Children? Every single second of every single day. I pay child support and work 50+ hours a week. Fortunitly i live close enough i can see my 2 boys at there daycare which i do twice weekly. My daughter is in school and its hard to visit with her, without disrupting her in school. So i make a point on the only day i have off to take all 3 of them out to dinner with me and spend as much time as i can with them. I dont have a lot of money so i cant take them anywhere special or get them everything they want, but they seem happy when they are with me and they make me happy. But not a day goes by i dont think about them. There what keeps me going in life. I just wish i could spend more time with them.

~Sean
 sweetheart6366
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/19/2007 8:33:45 AM
It is so sad......I have an ex who only wants one of his three children......There has never been an issue with paternity...Everyone knows beyond a shadow of doubt that all of them are his but he has always wanted the oldest one because he can take care of him an have his women to...he was old enough to be left alone when we divorced....

Says he loves them all but never bothered to try to see them, took him to court numerous times to give him visitation that he never bothered with, always gets out of paying child support, (last time he refused and was told to get his own lawyer) now I have to go back again because he never did.....the oldest has moved out now and has contact with him....the other two are not ackowledged....how can you pick and choose your kids...they are all the same in my book...
 medcaptems
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/28/2009 9:18:20 PM
not only do i see my son ever week i see my 4 grand childern too and his mom's not allowed to step foot on the property with out going to jail.why do you even try to see his father if he shows that much disrespect to you then you dont need that in your life. your an attractive women move on theres plenty of single guys out there find you a good one and forget the fool cause if you dont your going to go nuts.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Dads..do you miss your children ?