Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RevenantBlues
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Osama bin Laden. Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
The operational specifics related to a kill/capture evolve ceaselessly, I suspect. Whether or not the operator's objective had been 'capture' or 'kill' ever changing conditions on the ground, inside the compound dictated the outcome.

No. DoD ought to destroy the 'death' photos. Remember how the media used video of deceased GIs after Mogadishu?

I believe the entire operation should have remained clandestine. His deletion from life was a victory, beneficially served the U.S./NATO led war on terror. Going public was strategically unnecessary.
 UnixGrand
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Osama bin Laden.
Posted: 6/11/2011 4:41:01 PM
Did justice find Osama Bin Laden, or did Osama Bin Laden find justice?

All I know is he tried to kill me. He's gone but I'm still around to talk about it.
 Talvisota
Msg: 36
Osama bin Laden.
Posted: 6/15/2011 9:47:57 PM
The fact that many Americans, in addition to thousands more worldwide were celebrating the death of Bin Laden, just goes to show that humanity is still not civilized. The fact that people are celebrating the death of an individual is disgusting. He was a scapegoat for 9/11.

Just like pearl harbour, the events of 9/11 was a war pretext, used as an excuse to invade another sovereign state due to the resources large multinationals coveted (oil in Iraq, opium in Afghanistan).

That quote above is correct: drill a thought into someones head long enough, and they will eventually turn in and believe what corporate media tells them.

Sadly, the majority of the world still isn't capable of critical thinking. Bin Laden and 9/11? He was involved financially, but he didn't command underlings to smash into skyscrapers. Leave that to the fanatics.
 UnixGrand
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Osama bin Laden.
Posted: 6/15/2011 9:56:30 PM
All I know is he tried to kill me. He's gone but I'm still around to talk about it.

When I said it, I didn't mean it literally. You would have actually needed to be there in the quadrant to get all the sights, smells, and views of the day. Oh yeah... And sounds. like the Billy Joel song, she was "Always A Woman To Me". Because that was what was playing while Nero played his fiddle (lyre).
 sum1reel
Msg: 38
Osama bin Laden.
Posted: 6/16/2011 8:21:59 AM

.......opium in Afghanistan).

^ if you are insinuating that the US invaded Afghanistan for its opium then that is taking ignorance & stupidity to new heights....don't you know that there is absolutely no shortage of opium anywhere, regardless of whether or not its grown in afghanistan!
 Talvisota
Msg: 39
Osama bin Laden.
Posted: 6/16/2011 10:46:01 AM
Alright sum1reel.

We went there for them terrors!
If we leave now, they'll follow us home!

We're fightin dem there so we don't have ta fight em here!

War on Terror, that's why we went :)
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Osama bin Laden.
Posted: 6/16/2011 2:27:41 PM
Most of the "them" that we are fighting here are "us", but the government abandoned it's focus on homegrown terrorists due to political pressure from the far right where these groups are nurtured.
http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/news/inside-the-dhs-former-top-analyst-says-agency-bowed-to-political-pressure

We've had far more attacks and plots from our own citizens since 9/11 and particularly since a half-black man got in "their" White House.
Over 1000 hate groups operating in the US now.
http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/news/us-hate-groups-top-1000
 mashed_potatoes
Msg: 42
Osama bin Laden.
Posted: 6/17/2011 12:20:16 AM
Honestly he's been dead for years, kidney dialysis can't keep someone alive for that long. Marphon syndrom (enlarged heart) also cuts people's lifespans short too. This guy wasn't too healthy when he was named the patsy for the 9/11 attacks.

When you do a general google search, there are articles dating all the way back to December of 2001 with claims of his death. Although one convergence to look at is in In April 2002, over nine years ago, Council on Foreign Relations member Steve R. Pieczenik, who served as Deputy Assistant Secretary of State under Henry Kissinger, Cyrus Vance, and James Baker, went public with the fact his body was "on ice" hehe holding it as a political "trump card".

This guy would be privy to this info having worked directly with Bin Laden when the US was funding and arming the terror leader in an attempt to drive the Soviets out of Afghanistan in the late 70′s and early 80′s. And he wasn't the only one... Certain democrats went public and said the same thing because of a concern the Republicans would use it to get Bush some extra points... although the fake terror alerts sufficed for his re-selection.

Benazhir Bhutto went public back in 2007 on the BBC and said "this guy's dead"... couple days later she was assassinated. If anyone has ever read the book 1984, Bin Laden is allot like the character Goldstein. The big bad boogeyman that gave power to Big Brother. To say "conspiracies don't exist because someone talks" people have and some have died breaking this information.
 UnixGrand
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Osama bin Laden.
Posted: 6/17/2011 9:38:59 AM

"conspiracies don't exist because someone talks"

This has been going on for ages. The people are not to swift enough to realize it. They just believe what they are told.
 UnixGrand
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Osama bin Laden.
Posted: 6/17/2011 11:33:16 AM
Criminal charges against Bin Laden officially dropped today by the US government.
 cookie22222
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Osama bin Laden.
Posted: 6/17/2011 11:45:40 AM
I think the celebrations were a little over the top...but in a way I understand them. It's been almost 10 years, that's a long time, and the memories fade for some...but I remember what I felt that day, and in the days that followed. I don't think it's very civilized to dance for joy in the streets...but I think it's very human.
 UnixGrand
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Osama bin Laden.
Posted: 6/17/2011 12:25:47 PM
^^^^^^^^^ That's why they were dropped. Only the US government knows when he died.
 mashed_potatoes
Msg: 50
Osama bin Laden.
Posted: 6/17/2011 3:58:32 PM

You conspiracy guys need to remember that the late '70's and early to mid '80's were over 26 YEARS ago...............................

But, at least it makes for comical reading.

That's all you have is a cliche term "conspiracy guy" you lack any intellectual acumen, any gravitas... all you have is that label. There is this thing called history... It's not like people were born yesterday and everything just happened. Aside from having the hook ups in the intel community which family was one of his biggest business partners?

And yes the "boogie man videos" were fake. Anyone who has examined them with an unbiased opinion of it can tell with just a few tools. And if you look closely the actor is a different guy each time. The latest one of the fat dood watching tv is over 4 years old.

Allow me to refer you to the following article where pentagon stooges brag about making fake videos for propaganda

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/spy-talk/2010/05/cia_group_had_wacky_ideas_to_d.html

Guess the truth is too hard for some folks to understand. So it's easier to call names, snicker, and make jokes. You can "choose not to believe" yet it still doesn't discount the truth buuuddy.

As a side note to all of our servicemen, when I criticize the "official" narrative of 9/11 or the war in general. I am not bashing our men and women who have served and are currently serving. But the controllers who engineer these incidents. There are allot of good people in our military. I bet you folks would rather be over here protecting our borders instead. If you read into history most wars are started on the basis of lies. For example it was declassified in 2005 the Golf of Tonkin incident never occurred so the basis of the vietnam war was absolute bull. But that is another story for another post

"dissent is the highest form of patriotism"
- Thomas Jefferson
 mashed_potatoes
Msg: 52
Osama bin Laden.
Posted: 6/17/2011 4:11:35 PM

Hey mashed

You believe in the conspiracy that OBL was not who we killed.......... and then you speak of "gravitas", and others not having any................

Someone died and we will never really know the truth of that particular microcosm given that team died in a chopper crash. Rather convenient huh? And yea you sir lack gravitas in your statements which are intellectually bankrupt. I said what I did on that and now I feel as though I am just feeding a troll.
 mashed_potatoes
Msg: 57
Osama bin Laden.
Posted: 6/24/2011 12:04:12 AM
Hey paul... the /quote function is such a wonderful thing

What team died in a chopper crash? Was it one of the SEAL teams that according to you, died in the chopper crash? Please tell me if a SEAL team died while they went to kill OBL, actually tell everybody that bit of news.

It's not so hard when you figure out that function... geez the directions on how to use it are in the right side next to the smileys

To answer your question, or am I just feeding a troll? If you do a simple search for "seal team 6 crashed helicopter" or similar term you can find plenty of publications both main stream and alternative and if you dig deep enough you may even find an army report. Obviously it was after they "killed" Goldstein, err Tim Osman [oops that was his USA handle, my bad] err OBL [yea that's it!]. If it was before then there wouldn't have been any theatrics now would there? And no this isn't according to me obviously.

By the way... muslims don't do burials at sea.

And another fact on a different subject
POLAR BEARS CAN SWIM DAMNIT!!!
 moonwalkerman
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Osama bin Laden.
Posted: 6/26/2011 10:05:22 AM
You guys know that a picture has been circulating on the Internet showing OBL actually giving a press conference ? Check this link if you don't believe me...

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa478/gpauwen/?action=view¤t=Osama900.jpg

By the way... muslims don't do burials at sea.

The sacred texts of Islam prefer burial on land, "so deep that its smell does not come out and the beasts of prey do not dig it out". However, if a person dies at sea and it is not possible to bring the body back to land before decay, or if burial at land becomes impossible, burial at sea is allowed. A weight is tied to the feet of the body, and the body is lowered into the water. This would preferably occur in an area where the remains are not immediately eaten by scavengers. Also, if an enemy may dig up the grave to mutilate the body, it is also allowed to bury the deceased at sea to avoid mutilation.
 UnixGrand
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Osama bin Laden.
Posted: 6/26/2011 10:49:46 AM

You guys know that a picture has been circulating on the Internet showing OBL actually giving a press conference ? Check this link if you don't believe me...

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa478/gpauwen/?action=view¤t=Osama900.jpg

Be serious Dude.... That hat was Photoshopped on his picture. It's a worse job then the Harvey Lee Oswald photo that was doctored.
 Talvisota
Msg: 60
Osama bin Laden.
Posted: 6/28/2011 6:34:38 PM
It's also bull that they released his remains into the ocean.

Pretty much corporate media silencing any way of ever appealing about the issue again.
"Oh, we dumped his bones into the ocean. No way they can prove how he died now."

The fact is: Bin Laden was just a scapegoat for the whole 9/11 joke. Yeah, he was involved in some dirty business with the oil with the Bush family and the carlisle group. But the fact that people were celebrating his death just disgusts me.

Just goes to show that humanity still isn't grown up, and we all need to get f'in real.
 Tah,
Msg: 61
Osama bin Laden.
Posted: 6/28/2011 6:41:04 PM
Years ago Chuck norris went looking for Bin Laden but gave up because he was a bit stiff and chuck has always respected bin ladens body gaurd Riga mortis.
 edgarwinter54
Msg: 63
Osama bin Laden.
Posted: 7/1/2011 10:16:07 PM

So being a hero is shooting an unarmed male in the head these days is it? Brilliant!...{/quote]

Some people feel the need to use the word hero here and in the media.

But I'm quite certain that the fellow who pulled that trigger doesn't call himself a hero. He was merely doing his duty, following the orders set for him on this mssion.
And yes, sometimes in war doing your duty meand shooting an unarmed male in the head.

There's nothing pretty about war. The killing of Bin Laden simply reinforces that.
 Indi_guy
Msg: 64
Osama bin Laden.
Posted: 7/2/2011 2:22:07 AM
That was payback for 9/11 when they basically sent in a kill squad.

I think the order would have been to capture him dead or alive. I think there was a fair amount of politics mixed in with all that with Obama's saying he gave the green light to the operation in the press announcement later.

What struck me at the time was how does that differ from a mafia hit or even a terrorist attack. I think even if they did capture him alive he would have had a 'trial' (probably in the US and not the International Court) and they would have hanged him later like Suddam; same outcome I guess. We've come so far since after WW2...
 CountIbli
Msg: 65
Osama bin Laden.
Posted: 7/2/2011 4:07:50 PM
"But I'm quite certain that the fellow who pulled that trigger doesn't call himself a hero. He was merely doing his duty, following the orders set for him on this mssion.
And yes, sometimes in war doing your duty meand shooting an unarmed male in the head."

If it was anyone besides OBL the Left would be screaming "War Crime!"
 UnixGrand
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Osama bin Laden.
Posted: 7/4/2011 10:23:41 AM

And yes, sometimes in war doing your duty meand shooting an unarmed male in the head."

I think you meant using a woman as a human shield. Everyone forgets that a woman died as well. He was not man enough to die in dignity, but he held a woman to her death before he bought it.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Osama bin Laden.
Posted: 7/4/2011 11:34:00 AM
^^^The previous two assertions made on the basis of propaganda, not any certifiable or reliable source beyond what the OFFICIAL story states. We may never know if there was a bin Laden, or the circumstances surrounding his demise if true. Yeah..I know...Saddam had WMDs and ties to al Quaeda, we are winning the war on terrorism, and war is peace...
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Osama bin Laden.
Posted: 7/4/2011 1:19:38 PM
There is a vast difference between conspiracy theories, and the awareness of, and understanding of our government's willingness to use PSYOPs on the American public. Just as we were subject to it during the Vietnam era, it became even more pronounced and blatant during the Bush Iraq Attack buildup, execution and aftermath. From "embedding" all the reporters to deployment of the Pentagon Miliary Analyst program, to the concerted 935 lies that led to that war, PSYOPs were employed so effectively that the vast majority of the US public and troops thought we went to Iraq in retaliation for 9/11.
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Pentagon_military_analyst_program

From 9/11 forward, there are many facets of the official story that remain unbelievable, or far-fetched. The end-game of bin Laden fit nicely into the pattern of lies, obfuscation, ommission, subterfuge, and lack of documented evidence. The Pat Tillman story was just another tragedy in the middle of all these lies that cause many of us to have great difficulty in just swallowing the popularlized, and propagandized media messages we are meant to swollow without a doubt.

The "believe it or leave it" nonsense withstanding, it is our duty and moral responsibility to question our government when we know or feel we are being lied to yet again. Demanding truth and accountabilty is part of our job in this society.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >