Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > If the woman/man never initiates contact when dating      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 larissan04
Msg: 43
If the woman/man never initiates contact when datingPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
OP

I just had to add that I agree with Marie on this one. ..

You are a man, no? You pee standing up, right? That means that you have a set, yes? If so, then man up, and go after what you want. If a man really wants something he gets it. That is, in essence, what a man IS... or are you being lazy?

Grow a set. When she feels secure in your feelings for her she'll initiate communication.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 44
If the woman/man never initiates contact when dating
Posted: 5/20/2011 9:42:40 PM
the next coming friday, blow it off, dont call, go have a good time.
If she calls about it, she is actually interested; if not, then well at least you know you can have a good time without hanging on her every friday night.

50 text messages a day - psycho
3 phone calls a week, just about right, and they should be shared between you, ie not all you, not all her.
 abelian
Msg: 45
Posted: 5/21/2011 7:11:32 AM

i hate to say this, and i am guilty of this as well, but whenever i call a guy, or initiate communication, ask them out, or do any pursuing what so ever it never works out. now, i DO NOT call men unless it is to return their phone calls.

If my fiancee had played by those rules, we'd have never run across each other. I didn't look in the talk/email section for dates. If she'd have never done any pursuing or taken then the initiative to call me other than to return phone calls, I'd have assumed she wasn't interested enough or self-confident and assertive enough to even be worth meeting, much less date. If you never get what you want, it will be because you didn't do anything on your own to get it.
 Violet_Tigress
Msg: 46
Posted: 5/21/2011 2:18:57 PM
Maybe she's waiting to see whether or not you will call if she doesn't call first.
 Big_fun_wave
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/21/2011 4:01:33 PM
Dude, I know what that's like. That's not right. It should not be just one person showing the interest and initiative. It's very inconsiderate of the man or woman to ever not reciprocate. Because then the one person is likely going to end up feeling like an unwanted pest. A woman I met recently texted me a bit and we communicated. She seemed to like me and have a keen interest in ways. But it soon became me making all the contact effort. I said to her: I'm feeling ackward making all the contacts as of late, and if she wished to still be friends in any way, the ball was in her court.
 bimmerdude
Msg: 48
Posted: 5/21/2011 8:34:29 PM
Well there are signs in real life that a woman has an interest in you based on my experiences. Online is weird- not as easy to tell.
 SummmerEve
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/31/2014 7:56:47 PM
I know this is an old subject but I am sure the situation described is not.

Dear OP, you sound like you have a lack of self -confidence or as we girls like to call it a " wuss".

WHY should the lady contact you in between if you are NOT contacting her in between?
Start contacting her in between , show some confidence and interest and perhaps she will be more comfortable to do the same.

Something tells me you are not successful in relationships with women. Sorry...
 south_city
Msg: 50
Posted: 9/2/2014 6:22:09 AM

I would probably think they aren't that interested in the other person if they don't initiate contact. Although in some cases, perhaps a woman is passive and expects the man to initiate most or all of the contact.

True. Whenever I'm not sure if a woman is interested in me, I would clearly put the ball in her court and see what happens. In this case, I would tell her to contact me after a date or conversation.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > If the woman/man never initiates contact when dating