Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > High School and College student sex during the 60's      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 URXO2
Msg: 37
view profile
History
High School and College student sex during the 60'sPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
So you guys were all boinking each other back in the sixties, guess it's true location, location, location, well, I was stuck in the upper-Midwest in a little podunk playing solitaire..Got drafted in 1969 at the ripe old age of 19, when I came back from Uncle Sam's all expense paid Asia vacation, more solitaire..
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 38
view profile
History
High School and College student sex during the 60's
Posted: 5/29/2011 9:02:34 PM

Not everyone. I was very chaste in the 60's. And I lived in a very large urban area and went to a very large urban school. In my school, most girls were not sexually active. This is the late 60's. So much for all the stereotypes. The 70's were different for me, university, growing up, etc.

The real sexual explosion took place in the 70's. Abortion and easy access to "The Pill" took away the fears of having sex. I remember when parents first began giving birth control to their daughters many people werre shocked.
 sassyscorpiochick
Msg: 39
Posted: 5/30/2011 12:43:23 AM
Parent involvement has a lot to do with it.

My daughter is 30. She had sex for the 1st time when she was 18. I took her to the clinic and we got her on birth control. I even drove her and her boyfriend to the motel that had a hot tub in the room. They got married and are still married. She has never had sex with anyone else.

I am not so sure what age my son was the first time he had sex. I do know that he is 27 and has only had sex with 2 people. The first one was his first gf and he was with her for 3 years. The next one is his wife.

So, I think if you raise your kids right even in today's crazy times, they don' t necessarily hop from bed to bed. I am sure the schools preaching about STDs and safe sex is a big help too.
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2011 10:34:33 PM

It just strikes me that this generation is almost overboard, pushing the envelope for what "should" be accepted. Ten year olds having sex, 13 year olds having babies...and none of them really aware of the full repercussions.

Oh, I dunno - I haven't really studied the issue, but it strikes me that throughout human history we've had at least as many societies and periods when sex and pregnancy was common as soon as one reached puberty as not.

Much as we like to presume differently, at our core we're part of the animal kingdom, and pretty much every species reproduces as soon as it is able to. What makes us different is that we try to make up rules about it.

I'm all for responsible sex, and think the ability to take responsibility for ALL of our actions, sexual or not, is what ought to set us apart from other critters, but there are abundant examples among us of those who don't think beyond their primal instincts and I expect there always have been.

Dave
 ohenryx
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2011 11:25:06 AM

The average age at which the onset of puberty occurs has dropped significantly since the 1840s.[43][44][45] Researchers[who?] refer to this drop as the 'secular trend'. In every decade from 1840 to 1950 there was a drop of four months in the average age of menarche among Western European females. In Norway, girls born in 1840 had their menarche at an average age of 17 years. In France the average in 1840 was 15.3 years. In England the average in 1840 was 16.5 years. In Japan the decline happened later and was then more rapid: from 1945 to 1975 in Japan there was a drop of 11 months per decade.

A 2006 study in Denmark found that puberty, as evidenced by breast development, started at an average age of 9 years and 10 months, a year earlier than when a similar study was done in 1991. Scientists believe the phenomenon could be linked to obesity or exposure to chemicals in the food chain, and is putting girls at greater long-term risk of breast cancer.[46]

If the average age of puberty is dropping (see above quote from Wikipedia), then naturally there will be more instances of sexual activity at an earlier age.
 satx78218
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2011 12:08:04 PM
early-onset menarche combined with corporate sexualization of female children is a potent mixture.

estrogen analogues from plastic packaging, drugs, hormones in industrial food-like substances etc also induce sexual development in girls, while feminizing male foetuses and male children, and contributing to ED and loss of libido in adult males.
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2011 7:47:56 PM

estrogen analogues from plastic packaging, drugs, hormones in industrial food-like substances etc also induce sexual development in girls, while feminizing male foetuses and male children, and contributing to ED and loss of libido in adult males.

This is a growing problem that is being downplayed. Especially companies who produce and store food in plastic containers. One of the estrogen analogues are labeled as xenoestrogen. They latch onto the estrogen and testosterone hormone receptors so the real hormones cannot do their job. Overweight, birth defects, etc are some of the side effects.

Getting off of soap box now.
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2011 7:49:20 AM

The point is that the kids are raised with an attitude about sex that it is natural and normal, not naughty, but that those with sense, self preservation, and intelligence don't let it rule or ruin their lives. For the most part. Even when a high profile figure is known to be unfaithful to his wife or to see prostitutes, it is taken in stride and not a reason for putting him out of office.

How refreshing!

There ARE a lot of us here in the states who share that perspective, but unfortunately a lot who do not.
 califcowboy1956
Msg: 46
Posted: 6/17/2011 2:57:35 PM
be my guess dave u just we'rn't gettin any in the 60's-but it was definately going on A LOT. as a matter of fact i miss the sexual revolution pre herpies/aids era.mankind hasn't changed in thousands of yrs-we're just more open about it now.same s%^* different day
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > High School and College student sex during the 60's