Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 curlygrl
Msg: 56
view profile
History
It's the end of the world as we know it...REMPage 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I think it's more scary that there are people in
this world that are so easily influenced by
one man.

History has shown us how dangerous this can
be and what it can lead too.
 Seakytten
Msg: 57
It's the end of the world as we know it...REM
Posted: 5/21/2011 8:12:00 AM

I think it's more scary that there are people in
this world that are so easily influenced by
one man.

History has shown us how dangerous this can
be and what it can lead too.

Agreed. People seem to buy into the hype of whatever fits their circumstances at the time. The unhappy, miserable crowd out there are even more unhappy and miserable because chaos hasn't blanketed the world today in their '6pm' time zone. LOL

This guy is laughing all the way to the bank. Unbelievable isn't it?

Kytten
 cotter
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2011 9:10:17 AM
I wonder if people who are NOT religious ... but are VERY SPIRITUAL are gonna be left behind?

Does it occur to any of the "believers" that there are people who don't spend their "spiritual" moments combing through a book of stories and running to gatherings of others who do the same?
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 59
Posted: 5/21/2011 9:31:57 AM
SOB...please take me...I never knew being a fair weather catholic would result in being left behind...
 curlygrl
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2011 10:57:06 AM
Don't feel bad Irish-

I taught religion for fifteen years and I am still
here.

I am eating my way through today- everything I don't
eat but wish I could.

Hey- just in case.

So. How do you like your pizza?
 daynadaze
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2011 11:08:52 AM
Well crap, I have more than five hours left to live, and I'm already tired, when will this day end!
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2011 3:59:47 PM
God: ‘I’ll End the World When I’m Good and Ready, Me Damn It’
Almighty Holds Rare Press Conference

NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report) – After a much-heralded End of the World failed to materialize on the appointed day, May 21, Almighty God held a rare press conference in New York to discuss the matter.

Dressed in His trademark flowing white robe and carrying a thunderbolt, God seemed visibly irked by the predictions calling for the world to end this Saturday.

“I’ll end the world when I’m good and ready, Me damn it,” He snapped in response to a question from a USA Today reporter.

When asked if He had a message for the faithful who had expected the world to end today, the Almighty cracked, “They should be grateful for the eleven years they’ve had since the world ended on Y2K.”

God was cagey about setting an exact date for the end of the world, saying only, “When I decide to end the world I’ll let you know the way I always do – on Twitter.”

After the press conference, a publicist for God confirmed that the Heavenly Father was annoyed at having to talk to reporters to address the end of the world rumors: “Honestly, I haven’t seen Him this pissed since Pat Robertson blamed a tsunami on the gays.”

Elsewhere, Harold Camping, the preacher who predicted that the world would end on May 21, issued the following brief statement: “”The world doesn’t end this week. Oprah does. My bad, sry.”
 WalksOnWater2
Msg: 64
Posted: 5/21/2011 6:38:34 PM
I think the Rapture stood us up!

Dang! Don't y'all hate it when that happens?

...........................................................................................................................................................
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2011 7:09:53 PM
^^^
When dealing with superior beings who are the center of their universe, it does take a bit more convincing. I live as a conscientious objector within the empire, having served in one of her wars, living with the subjects, embarrassed frequently, and scared and scarred by her most devious and devoted subjects. It would be so much easier to succumb to the propaganda, love the republican jesus, hate the biblical one, and hate the beatitudes-hippy scum of the earth. Dominion Rocks. **** stewardship and tending and caring for creation.

Elsewhere, dealing with students who are readily trying to use another excuse..
http://spoonbot.com/wordpress/?p=168
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2011 12:14:06 PM
Oh well, PROCOL -- thanks for a very good and entertaining thread.

Sorry about the lawn mowing thingy.

But, the "Good Reverend", may not have gotten the last laugh, after all. It seems that after netting about $73,000,000 of the $80,000,000 -- there's some talk of lawsuits. Maybe even criminal charges.

Something tells me we haven't heard the end of the "END".

IF there are criminal charges, I wonder if they will let Camping bunk with Madoff?
 viper1j
Msg: 69
Posted: 5/22/2011 12:20:28 PM
I can not tell a lie..

I choose to hedge my bets.
My bird was fully fueled on the tarmac.
I had a bag packed. Just in case.

Because, Ya never know.

Either way, I'll use the fuel at some point, so it's a zero sum gain.
 Worbug
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2011 12:39:38 PM
Well nobody I know disappeared, although I know a few that wouldn't have been missed. Maybe the will catch the next ride in December 2012.
 rocketship51
Msg: 71
Posted: 5/22/2011 12:47:50 PM
As some of the others...I hedged my bets on this one, and made sure Fri was memorable :) False alarm, but no harm done....
 SPARKLE_PLENTY
Msg: 72
Posted: 5/22/2011 12:55:00 PM
sorry no men from Mars
 forumrun4
Msg: 73
Posted: 5/22/2011 12:55:48 PM
well it must be if i am not suppose to use this emoticon >>> 54
yup, its the end of the world people
 forumrun4
Msg: 74
Posted: 5/22/2011 12:58:51 PM
see...it aint working...help...um

ITS RAINING HERE AGAIN...IT MAY BE THE END OF A SUMMER THAT NEVER BEGAN.

Happy long weekend...be safe..put out your campfires
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 75
Posted: 5/22/2011 1:36:53 PM
Listening last night on the radio to a couple of the unwillingly left behinds. Really sad. One lady and her hubby spent most of yesterday in the backyard watching the sky. Sounds like they won't be able to pay the utility bills next month.

Don't know how we make our children wise enough, or strong enough to avoid this kind of sorrowful silliness. . . .

Earthpuppy
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2011 1:46:16 PM
Here's another explanation on what did not happen yesterday. It's one of those scroll down strips. The install wizard is pretty comprehensive.
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/rapture
 english lass
Msg: 77
Posted: 5/22/2011 3:57:53 PM
I was talking about this guy and his message about the end of the world with my kids and we were debating whether or not he could be sued for false advertising

especially when

a) Many people spent a lot of money to advertise his idea (and actually, is that a type of pyramid scheme? = all going to him/his cause at the bottom?)

b) Some gave up their jobs and left their homes in order to be near him when it happened.

What I don't get about the whole thing is; if they believe in the Bible, then why don't they believe in the bit that talks about 'no man knowing the hour or day' of the end

Doesn't make sense to me
 Casper66
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2011 2:28:11 AM
I think with all the natural disasters, people losing their homes, life savings, jobs and the hard times ahead, it could very well feel like the end of the world for some people, it makes you glad about what you do have.
 colt8301
Msg: 79
Posted: 5/23/2011 3:33:23 AM

What I don't get about the whole thing is; if they believe in the Bible, then why don't they believe in the bit that talks about 'no man knowing the hour or day' of the end

Doesn't make sense to me

My thoughts exactly. If I'm a "world-ender" you think I'm coming when every one is expecting me to come or and am I going to come when everybody's head is studck up their a%$.
 daffie
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2011 7:26:21 AM
it's quite comical that so many posters here have obviously no knowledge of world time zones.
actually it's a bl**dy laugh!!...
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 84
Posted: 5/23/2011 8:20:04 AM
Now my son made $15 out of the deal.
Bet 2 young girls that it wasn't going to happen.
He's now trying to collect.

However, the night before I dropped him off at his buddies and he gave me a big hug, and said I love you Mom.
I found that odd as he's called me by my first name for the last 5 years.
I guess he was feeling sort of uneasy about all this hoopla.
Even said he would make it back home to take care of me.

lol

The world is full of fear.
It thrives on it!

I don't buy into this stuff.
 viper1j
Msg: 85
Posted: 5/23/2011 10:16:24 AM

I was talking about this guy and his message about the end of the world with my kids and we were debating whether or not he could be sued for false advertising

especially when

a) Many people spent a lot of money to advertise his idea (and actually, is that a type of pyramid scheme? = all going to him/his cause at the bottom?)

b) Some gave up their jobs and left their homes in order to be near him when it happened.

Could have been worse..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven%27s_Gate_%28religious_group%29

Heaven's Gate was an American UFO religion based in San Diego, California, founded and led by Marshall Applewhite (1931–1997) and Bonnie Nettles (1928–1985).[1] On March 26, 1997, in a period when Comet Hale-Bopp was at its brightest,[2] police discovered the bodies of 39 members of the group who had committed suicide in order to reach an alien aircraft which was supposedly following the aforementioned comet.[3]
 daynadaze
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2011 11:34:45 AM
Come on Camping, admit it, they were all raised up and you and your followers were left down here with us evil losers.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >