Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 88
view profile
History
It's the end of the world as we know it...REMPage 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
In Partial Rapture, Credible Republican Candidates Vanish From Earth
Gingrich Left Behind

NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report) – In what some fundamentalist preachers are calling a “partial Rapture,” all credible candidates for the 2012 Republican nomination have mysteriously vanished from Earth.

While this seemingly Biblical phenomenon has been developing over the past several months, the disappearance of Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels over the weekend confirmed what many apocalyptic prophets had been predicting: a partial Rapture was underway.

For Rev. Harold Camping, the minister who made headlines by predicting that the entire world would end on May 21, the partial Rapture offered some measure of vindication, he said.

“The world really did end, Republican-wise, when Daniels dropped out of the race of May 22,” he said. “So I was only off by one day.”

According to Camping’s prophecy, Republicans with a shot of winning the White House have completely vanished from the face of the Earth while a series of surefire losers have been “left behind,” including Herman Cain, the former chairman of the Godfather’s Pizza chain, who announced his candidacy – significantly, Camping notes – “on May 21.”

As for the Biblical prophecy that those left behind after the Rapture faced “five months of Hell on Earth, Camping said, “That’s a pretty clear reference to what Newt Gingrich has in store.
 Casper66
Msg: 89
view profile
History
It's the end of the world as we know it...REM
Posted: 5/24/2011 2:32:59 AM
Thanks for the update Cheshirecat, I was wondering what the dear preacher Camping was going say about his prophecy not coming true, this guy is worse then those terror alerts. So now it's an invisible judgment and the real thing in 5 months, something to look forward too I guess. It is such a shame that so much money was wasted on this, which could have been used to help people who are really in need, particularly in regions hit with natural disasters recently.
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 90
Posted: 5/24/2011 10:19:55 AM

If somebody could only shut this man up!! Maybe lock him up in a mental institution.

Maybe now somebody will.. Oakland can be a dangerous place for lunatics like him..
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 91
Posted: 5/24/2011 11:55:07 AM

Wow, I thought that the left would have a little more tolerance and understanding for their fellow humans........

Why do you think I am left? You don't know my background and I don't know yours..
But I can tell you I have put my share of people in jail back in the day.. Mostly for violent crimes. Hopefully CA won't have to let any of THOSE types out over the next 5 years..

I think that 89yr old "preacher" could be sued civilly for fraud by some that donated money to his made-up EOT ministries.. And if he didn't refund their money he could spend his remaining time behind bars..
 viper1j
Msg: 94
Posted: 6/1/2011 8:52:44 AM
There's bucks in being crazy..

http://money.cnn.com/2011/06/01/pf/doomsday_inheritance_donations/index.htm?iid=HP_Highlight&hpt=hp_c1

I lost my inheritance to the doomsday prophet!

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- When the world didn't end on May 21, many people who had given up their earthly possessions were left with nothing.

But one believer never lived to see the day. She left nearly her entire estate -- around $300,000 -- to the group behind the failed prediction, leaving some family members out in the cold.

Eileen Heuwetter was shocked to find out that her aunt left the majority of her estate to Family Radio, the group responsible for the doomsday warnings that the world would end on May 21. She and her sister were each left $25,000 from their aunt's estate. The rest is going to Family Radio.

The network of Christian radio stations based in Oakland, Ca., is almost entirely funded by donations. According to IRS filings, the group brought in $18 million in contributions in 2009 alone.

Heuwetter, the executor of the will, knew how much her aunt loved the radio station and admired its leader, Harold Camping, who is viewed as a prophet by many of his followers.

While other family members insisted it was crazy to let her aunt give all that money to a radio station, Heuwetter didn't initially contest the conditions of the will. She knew little about the Christian radio station, but knew her aunt, Doris Schmitt, found comfort in it.

Schmitt had lived a tough life, struggling with alcoholism and losing her two children to drug addictions before dying alone at 78 on May 2, 2010 in her small home in Queens, New York.

"This was not a woman who had anything. She literally had Family Radio on day and night -- she went to bed with it and woke up to it," said Heuwetter. "That was all she had."

It wasn't until recently that Heuwetter learned who was really getting her aunt's bequest. She said she first realized this was the same group when she saw buses driving around New York City the weekend before the supposed end of the world, spreading the doomsday message.

"I'm looking at these brand new buses drive around with Family Radio's name on them, saying 'Doomsday is May 21', and I said, 'Oh my god, this is who my aunt gave all of her money to," Heuwetter said. "I didn't know he was so crazy, and at this point I was incensed that this man was going to get everything my aunt had left."

Even worse, Heuwetter said, his prediction never came to fruition. Heuwetter's family members were just as angry when they learned about Family Radio's failed prophecy, so they brought the case to several lawyers, who sympathized with the family, but agreed they had no case.

Family Radio did not respond to requests for comment.

The estate is within weeks of closing, and Heuwetter knows it's a lost cause.

"It's just so frustrating because I know there's nothing I can do about it -- this man is going to get hundreds of thousands of dollars from my aunt," she said. "And she wasn't a rich woman."

Though Camping later clarified that his prediction actually extends until October, many followers were disappointed when the rapture didn't happen on May 21. Heuwetter said there is no way her aunt would have given the money to Family Radio, had she lived to see Camping's doomsday-gone-wrong.

"She would have been devastated," Heuwetter said. "Listening to him say things would be better in paradise made her feel better -- she totally believed she would leave this world on May 21, and she needed to believe that."

If she were here to watch the world continue after May 21, she would have likely given her money to other family members, said Heuwetter.

"It was a good amount of money that would have helped a lot of people live better today -- but now it's not helping anyone."
 Worbug
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2011 9:51:16 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well maybe, just maybe, if her family would have included her more in their lives she would have not had to rely on a nutbag for acceptance and comfort. When people get lonely and feel isolated, I think their rational changes towards the desperation side.

To say the radio station was all she had is a pretty pathetic statement to say, when you say that the money could of helped so many people in her family. The fact she got more comfort from a radio station than her kin is so sad and yet evident by the fact she left all that money to the radio station instead of the "Family".

Just a little lesson for those of us "Left Behind" LOL, that just because our kin might get old, maybe a little cray, etc. We still need to include them in our lives instead of discarding them.

Just my thoughts.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2011 7:06:39 PM
Sahara..does this mean that you empathize with shysters and rip off artists over family members? Just curious. Anytime that anyone that I know gets ripped off by these scumbags tends to make me empathetic with the victims instead of the scumsuckers. Camping deserves the fullest persecution allowed by law for his scamming of these people.
 english lass
Msg: 98
Posted: 6/2/2011 8:54:42 AM

"It's just so frustrating because I know there's nothing I can do about it -- this man is going to get hundreds of thousands of dollars from my aunt," she said. "And she wasn't a rich woman."

^^^ How could they get "hundreds of thousands of dollars" from someone if they weren't rich?

I think the relatives are just peeved they're not getting the money... it would have been the same if it'd been a charity or cat's home or restoring lost marbles - they want it and didn't get it, so they're mad.

It was her money - her decision what to do with it
 daynadaze
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2011 8:39:10 AM
I'm having trouble working up any empathy for this phony. What I want to know is has he given any of the money back?
 viper1j
Msg: 101
Posted: 6/13/2011 8:54:52 AM

'm having trouble working up any empathy for this phony. What I want to know is has he given any of the money back?

Would you? Priced the cost of a stroke lately?

They're expensive..
 Mr.B3D
Msg: 102
Posted: 6/15/2011 11:30:45 AM
Really, this doesn't go along with my interpretation of scripture. How odd and here I thought I had freewill and really God was along planing my demise..
 abelian
Msg: 103
Posted: 6/15/2011 2:26:34 PM

Anytime that anyone that I know gets ripped off by these scumbags tends to make me empathetic with the victims instead of the scumsuckers.

Although it's tempting to see it that way, the ``victims'' became victims of their own stupidity. I have a difficult time feeling sorry for people who would give such a person the time of day, let alone consider taking him seriously. You can't stop people from being willfully stupid.
 UnixGrand
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2011 11:00:55 AM
Does anyone else notice more broadcasts on TV of the "Emergency Broadcast System"? The stations themselves always did them, but know the broadcasting systems are sending them. And it's not once a week now, it's every night. We are being prepared for something.
 UnixGrand
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2011 11:20:05 AM

Somebody has been listening to George Nhoury.................

Nope..... Just an observation.
 arwen52
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2011 7:39:29 PM

Although it's tempting to see it that way, the ``victims'' became victims of their own stupidity. I have a difficult time feeling sorry for people who would give such a person the time of day, let alone consider taking him seriously. You can't stop people from being willfully stupid.

True. However, sometimes people aren't in their right mind. My mom did all sorts of crazy stuff when she started developing Alzheimer's. People like that are sitting ducks for the unscrupulous.

She may have been of sound mind, in which case she had every right to leave her estate to whomever she chose.

Nice to see everyone is still around. Check back with y'all the end of October, if the Rev. is still alive.
 viper1j
Msg: 109
Posted: 7/5/2011 6:52:33 AM

***********************Man I wish I could have went to one of those rapture parties. XD***********************

It's a no brainer that EVERYBODY got laid!
 freedomtoshare
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2011 1:12:14 PM
We are in the second world stage, then will come the third and thats when the anti-christ will come claiming to be the true christ, also known as the sixth trump. Then on the 7th trump the true Christ will come. God will never destroy the earth because this is were Heaven will be.
 freedomtoshare
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2011 1:14:33 PM
Also the word rapture is not in the Bible.
 cookie22222
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2011 8:46:24 AM
I heard this morning on the news that Camping has been moved to a nursing home...I wonder if he'll still be around on Oct 21 to see the end of the world! Or explain WHY it doesn't happen...
 viper1j
Msg: 114
Posted: 7/6/2011 1:26:31 PM
***************************************It's a win-win for him.

The world HAS ended as he knows it. ************************************
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2011 1:46:53 PM
The world will end a week after the warranty on it expires....Ain't it always the way.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2011 2:01:43 PM

The world will end a week after the warranty on it expires....Ain't it always the way

That and the exterior was faded and dented, the tires were bald, the brakes failed, we never changed the oil and didn't check the dipstick as the engine blew as we ran out of gas..
 UnixGrand
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2011 12:35:33 PM
The warranty expired a long time ago. That's why the end is inevitable. Thrown into the scrap heap of the universe.
 five-marie
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2011 4:39:05 AM
I thought the world was now ending on Dec.21/12?
 Molly Maude
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2011 11:39:44 AM
well ... December 21st, 2012 works sooo MUCH BETTER for me ... that gives me plenty of time to clean house, plan a party and so forth ...

thank you for sharing, five-marie ... that's really great news!

... ... ...

the above represent my party!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >