Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > keeping your newborn's sex a secret      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 justagrlwithacat
Msg: 15
keeping your newborn's sex a secretPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I think it's a dumb experiment, but give it a year or two of pressure and their kid socializing with other kids, and the novelty of "ooo we're such progressively thinking parents" will wear off and experiment over.
I don't think it's worth getting worked up overand the people who get freaked right out like this talk- radio host I heard today just need to relax.
 carolann0308
Msg: 16
view profile
History
keeping your newborn's sex a secret
Posted: 5/27/2011 11:02:08 AM
Why don't they just refer to their experiment as "So what if my daughter has a penis"
 SAguy_06
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2011 10:34:59 AM
I see the parents didnt have any gender questions when they were making li'l baby...

this kid will be ok. So long as this kid grows up normal, to disappoint and dash the hopes of his/her parents...
 Vannili
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2011 3:47:49 PM

keeping a newborn's sex a secret.

I would like to share this story, I was giving a Baby shower party, the invitees asked if it is a boy or a girl I asked the mother she doesn't want to disclose the sex of her baby, back to the mother and told her that the
invitees doesn't know what baby's gender clothes to buy,back to the invitees again and give the list of colors for neutral babies to wear.

that would be my last hosting a baby shower...

Vannili
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2011 9:34:41 PM
Thanks for asking saharam, yes after the party I told about this discussion". why is she not going for checkup,"? this is a modern country" Auntie", no relation to these people just friends bla bla bla !!!! then the mother told me the gender of the baby and I asked her why all theses dramas for the guests to buy the child clothes maybe they want to buy some girly clothes ,boys style clothes ,or they have some un use clothes in their closet, I told the guests to buy her diapers or formula and Iwas told there are gender diapers, and you don't buy just any brand of formula it has to be doctors approval. The mother told me it is her boyfriend who doesn't want the people to know the gender of her baby. Then it was not a surprise anymore when she gave birth to a boy and I was blamed that I tooted the gender of her baby and I have to investigate the sources for I did not tell to anyone and I don't care.. Well, those people knows because her neck is dark and her nose is big and her stomach is not like a watermelon it is pointed,which I did not notice any of those..I think she can save herself some money for ultra sound or whatever hightech instrument by asking her friends..................lol
 arwen52
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2011 9:59:31 AM
Maybe the baby is a hermphrodite and they don't want to surgically alter it.

I doubt it will last. And if it does, I pity the poor child. Sounds like their parents are screwy.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > keeping your newborn's sex a secret