Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > What Does it Take to impress a Girl?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Hilly02
Msg: 43
What Does it Take to impress a Girl?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I have to agree....the Alpha will get the girl everytime......and if he is a kind, sweet Alpha...its a done deal in my book
 The_Grey_Fringe
Msg: 44
What Does it Take to impress a Girl?
Posted: 11/16/2011 3:08:56 AM
Come on Hilly, surely you girls have realised the Alpha may look good and sweet talk but deep down he is always a jerk, who just wants to lay you then move on to the next girl!! The lovey dovey kind sweet alpha is a fairytale aimed at keeping the majority of men sexless!! I'm sure it's some kind of conspiricy!!
 ladyleopard
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/16/2011 12:36:35 PM
Ah...this is a compicated question with no easy one-size-fits-all answer.

The easiest (and best) advice is, just be yourself. A gift for a birthday or for Christmas is awesome....but you don't need to go overboard or bend over backwards.

And yes, we females are complicated. If someone ever manages to write a manual analyzing what makes us tick, they'll make a mint! But it sounds like she just wasn't the right one for you....besides....if she felt the need to cheat on you, she wasn't worth your time, effort or attention anyway!

There are a lot of fish in the sea...just keep casting the line until you find the right one for you!

-L.
 usernameme2
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/25/2011 12:54:01 AM
i am starting to believe this one too .. am the nicest guy .. u get nowhere . money talks i think .. they want to know they can stop work and u will support em forever ..
i work 2 decent jobs , have time to spend .. am genunely nice ..
i have had one date turn up with the mother , another stand me up , and thats all so far .. i dont think the gals are genuinely serious .. just cause we aint spending a bundle on other sites .. mmm and barely get a response from ones when i do send a msg .. lol. must just be me .. or u cant contact them even though u really think u match what they are sort of looking for .. u just cant win .. well i cant ..
 gingerosity
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2011 4:51:03 AM
Guys, guys, guys. You've turned yourselves all upside-down and inside-out!

'What Does it Take to impress a Girl?' The answer of course is always more than you can produce, or else it wouldn't be much of a test would it? So what do you do? Change the question.

'What Does it Take to impress a WOMAN?' Completely different question, with a completely different (and paradoxical) answer. With an emotionally mature woman, you must NOT try to impress her. If you do nothing out of the ordinary to impress her, and you are still nice because you are a genuinely nice person, then that will impress her. You must gradually develop yourself into a complete, stable, fun, nice person who isn't trying to be something he is not and who doesn't need her, but loves to be with her.

Then you can ask yourself: What does it take to impress ME?

Good luck!
 Pete2205
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2011 8:21:02 AM
Why bother?
Why go into a date trying to impress? Why not just go into a date and be yourself? If that girl or woman does not like you for the person you are then is she really someone you want to see again?

Ginger hit it on the head in my view - If you come across sincere and you get on well then there is no need at all to try and impress her. Do not make a rod for your own back by trying to be someone you are not.
 Akizzej
Msg: 49
Posted: 12/17/2011 3:46:23 PM
Such sage wisdom Mr Ginger...

for me, I find it simple.. Be nice, to your self, to others and to nature...

and as for the woman, call her when you want to and be happy to be in her company. If you cannot be pleasant, don't waste her time. {a true woman will not demand more time, attention or needs from you than you can truly give}
 rbjustme
Msg: 50
Posted: 9/29/2012 5:13:35 AM
Mostly Money, If your income is low and barely any assets your response to chat ,message or any form of contact reduces to a bare zero, hey it's a material world now and the important things in life don't seem to matter anymore. Expectations are extremely high these days and I don't see that changing. If I had money and big assets nice home fancy cars, I would probably not be on this site. Maybe I've been really burned by past experiences, but that's the way I find it these days
RBjustme
 ch33kyg1t
Msg: 51
Posted: 9/29/2012 3:58:18 PM
As a social experiement i made a fake profile (not on this site) but on oasis. fake picture of a ripped fireman, shirt off, showing six pack, I included in the profile that i had everything in the world, like Owning my own home, 2 fast cars in the garage, owned a few properties, no hang ups or stress in my life. and suprisingly yes i did get alot of views on my profile but not many requests. in fact the only requests i did get were from women who owned their own business which i found strange.

As another experiment using the same profile, i would add girls to my contact and act like the classic jerk, talked the sweet talk, talked myself up trying not to be too arrogant and to my suprise most if not every single female deleted me off their contact list. So it didn't matter that i had everything in the world materialistic wise, they were turned off by the fact i was such a jerk to them. It made me put a little more faith in women, but just a little
 SwanLake73
Msg: 52
Posted: 10/3/2012 7:59:52 AM
I did that on oasis too, I put up a concieted profile taking the p$$ out of guys and was arrogant and rude with info i was married. I had 20-30 hits a day. They got abusive so I tamed the profile, and made it normal... the hits stopped.
Almost like the men wanted a challenging chick..
 tensail
Msg: 54
Posted: 11/19/2012 7:16:49 PM
ur first failure is v need to impress. learn sme eq,gl.
 lakeside8
Msg: 55
Posted: 11/23/2012 11:46:05 PM
jypsee soul - you have hit the nail on the head! Intrigue will get me every time. Indifference will also get me in but only at the beginning. If the guy is appealing then, add a little bit of mystery and I will take the bait . Turn offs for women are :-
1. Coming on too strong too soon, eg. expecting the second date to be in the bedroom
2. Not even looking remotely like your photo = dishonesty, also lying about your age = dishonesty
3. And I know this one will spark some remarks - my experience on POF is any guy that I am interested in rarely initiates contact - every guy that I have met up with for coffee or whatever, I contacted them first. If someone can explain why this happens I would be interested to know. I am still the old fashioned woman that likes to be wooed from the beginning. So if I have to initiate contact with the ones I am interested in, then I feel a bit let down when I meet them that they didn't do the "knight in shining armour thing". God, maybe I need therapy!
 notdating-forumsonly
Msg: 56
Posted: 12/4/2012 5:02:06 PM
authenticity and respect

aaahhh...then compatibility- that gets almost all of us,,,every time ( not being compatible)
 Anton0133
Msg: 57
Posted: 12/4/2012 5:05:05 PM
The best way to impress women is with lots of money and fast cars.
And don't worry they all cheat. Get used to it.
 kippersdiscreet
Msg: 58
Posted: 12/12/2012 9:55:36 PM
I guess the type you would attract with the lots of money and fast cars would be the type to cheat
 Hilly02
Msg: 59
Posted: 12/12/2012 10:54:31 PM
And don't worry they all cheat. Get used to it.

Which is kind of funny, considering on the other hand men seem to constantly whine about not getting enough from their partners.
Make ya mind up hey!
Are we frigid hold - outs or wanton sluts?
Answer......if you treat your woman as you want to be treated she will more then keep up with you in the bedroom and never look else where.
Look a little closer to home to find the problem maybe.
 kmac6
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2012 4:47:39 AM
So well said Hilly.

And I have never cheated.. Money would be nice though.
 greyingred
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2012 6:58:32 AM
Technicaly cheating implies one doesn't actually do what ever it is one is accused of doing.

Intelligence and decency impress.
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > What Does it Take to impress a Girl?