Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Casper66
Msg: 19
view profile
History
How do you stop procrastinating?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I am a bad procrastinator, so I found that if a schedule things to do in the morning I'm more likely do get them done before I have time to think much about it and go into full procrastinating mode later in the day.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 20
How do you stop procrastinating?
Posted: 6/15/2011 1:08:45 PM
I schedule a room every day. Tonight is bathroom night...by the end of the week every room has been touched at least once with my pinesol/lysol and only requires a fast tidy up.

I find breaking the tasks into small managable bite size pieces is the way to go. It doesnt feel like a burden to clean up 1 room. Crank the tunes and sing your heart out while doing it, it is good therapy.
 CVR_advocate
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/16/2011 6:57:34 PM
Why do today what I can put off till tomorrow?

That can explain why my apartment is slowly starting to look like a public library/ video store. (Can you believe I'm so bad I'm procrastinating MOVIE WATCHING?)
 sum1reel
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/16/2011 8:10:52 PM
I enjoy being a master procrastinator...I figure it's good to be good at something.

somehow, there's always a sense unburdening when we can put off doing something, that really ought to get done!..........But procrastination, is kinda like masturbation......in the long run, the only person who you are "jacking" is yourself!
 CVR_advocate
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/21/2011 7:18:55 PM
I have a foolproof plan to end procrastination in your life. Remind me to tell you all about it later, okay?
 Red Fish GF
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2011 1:15:45 PM
cowboy
I thought to myself Hmmmmm let me think about this and I will post tomorrow. J/K

Oops, looks like I put off answering this thread for longer than that. I tend to delay doing things until the last minute. If it has to get done then I do it. Sometimes it makes for an extra busy tomorrow but it doesn't stop me from procrastinating.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 28
Posted: 7/2/2011 1:19:54 PM
I just forget what I was gonna do...and then...poof...there was no chore I was suppose to do.
 FyrKrakn
Msg: 29
Posted: 7/5/2011 3:55:45 PM
It occurred to me that in areas that I have a habitual routine, I never think to procrastinate.

On the level of passive aggressive issues, there are chores I have been doing for everyone else since I was in preschool. It all fell on me. Even after making my own home, I just found myself doing for my mother step father and brother AND my father in law nd brother AND my husband and children.

It's no wonder I ran away, never mind the real reasons.

So down to just me and the last chick, sometime foster daughter and sometime husband, it's kinda hard to motivate myself to do these chores. My husband, when he's here instead of me there, jumps in to take over, he doesn't even allow me to do them. I wuv him. But I have to acknowledge that the only person suffering in the consequence of a chore undone, is ME. I have to throw value at ME as deserving the done chore, and devalue the past in which I was unfairly burdened. I can't just do it once in some magic moment, it's a regular do over.
 brwneyz2011
Msg: 30
Posted: 7/5/2011 6:43:57 PM
tell ya in 10 years
 MondoVman
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2011 8:50:18 PM
We wuv woo woo (you too), FyrKat. There! No more puhwo-kwastinating the wuv.
 FyrKrakn
Msg: 32
Posted: 7/5/2011 11:37:40 PM
Well, it's twoo, Mondo, the more wuv goin wound, the wess pwoh cwastinating.
 SunnyBlueSkies23
Msg: 33
Posted: 11/26/2011 4:55:31 PM
Uhhhhhhhh.......can I get back to you on that??
 Glenoran1
Msg: 34
Posted: 11/26/2011 5:26:13 PM
Once I start on something, I usually finish it. But it's getting started that's often the problem. It reminds me of the scientific statement, "A body at rest tends to remain at rest. A body in motion tends to stay in motion."

Sometimes I 'trick' myself, and that works quite well. Say there's the 1.39 acres (minus buildings) to be mowed. "I don't wanna!". But there are also strawberries to be picked and eaten. No problem there! So I go put the munch on the strawberries.

Now that I'm already in motion, I notice the grass in one area is especially high. Heck, it'll only take about 10 minutes on the ride-on mower to cut that down to size. Once I've started, that area leads into the next, and the next, and before long, there's only one or two small areas to do (like the boulevard). Seems like a shame to have come so far and leave that l'il bit undone, so I do that, too. And voila! It's all done.
 HoldingHands27
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/27/2011 12:56:34 AM
I've been Meaning to stop Procrastinating....
I just can't seem to get Around to it..!!!
 Molly Maude
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2011 3:53:14 PM
if some tedius or boring thing has been "put off" enough ... it's not me procrastinating ... it's me CHOOSING not do it ... and I figure that's good enough ... there's no one telling me to do it ... there's no one checking to see if I've done it ... no one ELSE cares ... so why should I do it? I can just CHOSE not to do it ... and so I do!

things that HAVE to be done, on the other hand ... they get done ... I learned not to procrastinate on things that HAVE to be done when I was in high school, had to turn an English paper in on Friday that represented 25% of my English grade ... and I STARTED the paper Thursday night ... I stayed up all night, working on that paper, drank pot after pot of coffee ... after I turned the paper in 1st period, I threw up and went home sick ... that sure cured me of procrastination ... I still shudder when I think how sick I was ...

it was once my job to chop (weed with a hoe) 104 acres of cotton ... (still in high school) ... I started at one end of that field and worked day after day until I got to the other side of that field ... then started over at the first side ... that was when I learned that mindless tasks are more pleasant if you day-dream!

shrug ... whatever works to make my day easier and more pleasant!

JustDukky
Msg: 37
Posted: 11/29/2011 8:53:15 AM
How do I stop procrastinating? That's a very thought provoking question. One of these days I'll have to think about it.
 Molly Maude
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2011 12:27:36 AM
that's crazy, Consigliori ... I do that, too! I say to myself, "I can do this! ... I CAN do this!! ... I WILL do this!!! ... 1 ... 2 ... 3 ..." and just DO it! I thought I was the only one who counted to three!

must be a flash-back to when I used to count for my kids so they'd know WHEN to start some project like picking up their toys ... and they would wait for the "THREE!"

vlad dracul
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2011 1:04:00 AM
Pay someone to do it for you. As an example once a week get a pal who maybe isn't working or a single parent who has a wee bit time when the bairns are at school and give them a few quid. It won't be fortunes and said person who does the chore gets some spare money.

There is no need for ironing at all. What a waste of good drinking time that nonsense is
 modivin
Msg: 42
Posted: 12/1/2011 1:31:29 PM
By spending less time on dating forums or social media and more time studying! Now that my time is up....time to take a 15 min nap....study more...go work out...study...eat dinner...study. Go to bed...
Wake up tomorrow....starts again after classes...study, work out, study..library (all weekend...library....memorize bone structures, CNS, veins, nerves...) STUDY!! Means good grades!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >