Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Tick Tock
Msg: 25
Whats the feeling on older men and younger women?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
When I was in university, I knew lots of girls/women who were attracted to older professors and even had affairs or relationships with them. A few even got married! Personally, I have no problem dating anyone from 19 and upwards and have done so over the last few years. I think a lot of younger women appreciate the complexity and sophistication of most older men.
 ~Mermaid~
Msg: 29
Whats the feeling on older men and younger women?
Posted: 9/18/2005 4:59:00 PM
YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!
 hightechredneck
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2005 6:19:46 PM
I have always prefered females who were a little younger than I am. 5 years younger is the furthest I have gone so far, but would not against dating/messing around with a female as long we hit it off and she is old enough to be legal.
 Rebellious
Msg: 39
Posted: 2/20/2006 10:09:36 AM
Age is never the cause of failed relationships. Failure is always due to character traits, incompatibility, mental illness, timing, etc.

I think it's sad that online dating software uses age as the key parameter in matching people. Computers just love numbers, but can't deal with fuzzy concepts like "personality" and "physical attraction". We never select people by age in real life . . . cause we're too busy ogling.

I've seen "young" people 30 that are stodgy, potbellied and old-looking, and people in their 60s that feel like teenagers, I think there's more to people that their chronological age.

I recently dated a woman 17 years younger and age was never an issue. My sweet spot is women in their mid-30s, it just works for me. I'm finally ready to commit and have children, and women in their 30s are going TIC-TIC-TIC, panicking and keep dreaming of guys like me but can't find them.

DopeyJoe
Msg: 40
Posted: 2/20/2006 11:08:08 AM
I am marrying a girl 17 years younger than me. I do not like that gap at all, really, but we just instantly clicked.

I met her when she was 22, and while she was *very* mature for her age, she had not experienced much, so I got to do a *lot* of firsts for her. For instance she was hating her job early on, so I sent her flowers. I find out no one had ever done that for her, which as a guy is "WOOHOO COOL" territory.

In the last three years she has just blossomed into a full fledged woman. It is really amazing to see her now and remember back then.

I worry about the end game part, but day-to-day, she is simply a pleasure to be around.
 DopeyJoe
Msg: 41
Posted: 2/20/2006 11:30:05 AM
It helps that we do not look like old guy/young girl.

At the moment, at least :)
 PayAsYouGo-Casper
Msg: 42
Posted: 3/16/2006 1:10:22 AM
I see it like this..man or woman turn 19...how much older the person is after that they choose to date is there business even if i dont agree.
18 i say..try to be reasonable...from 18 until i say 28 is fair ..get passed ten years then its bad...17 and below....should date people there own age.
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 70
Older Men and Younger Women?
Posted: 11/2/2015 2:43:47 PM
^^^^ Good luck with that.

You do know that this is not Craigslist, right?
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 71
Older Men and Younger Women?
Posted: 11/2/2015 3:21:55 PM
^^^^^ maybe “25 35” isn’t the age range; maybe it’s the quantity of women and he wants his own harem. :/

And I’m sure that proclamation resulted in loads of messages. :D
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >