Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 KittenCatt
Msg: 37
The Weiner scandal and the Duggars....Page 2 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

"Jealous of what??"

I'm jealous!
I wish I can come back as a man then ..................

I want to get paid to stand around all day
semi naked and sometimes naked
taking pictures of my scrawny, pale body and junk too with my iphone
and I want to sit around all day e-mailing chicks half my age
who have no interest in me,
all this while my wife is pregnant,
until one day I get caught and I have to resign and leave the room while people shout at me "pervert".

Yeah, that sounds like a great life!
I'm so jealous I'm not him!!

What a waste of space and money
Good Riddance!
He MUST see something completely different than
the rest of the world when he looks in the mirror [/quote}

I swear we must have been separated at birth......you get right to heart of every matter and I Lerv it. I'm learning from you......I feels exactly the same way about this topic.
 KittenCatt
Msg: 38
The Weiner scandal and the Duggars....
Posted: 6/16/2011 9:38:56 PM

"Jealous of what??"

I'm jealous!
I wish I can come back as a man then ..................

I want to get paid to stand around all day
semi naked and sometimes naked
taking pictures of my scrawny, pale body and junk too with my iphone
and I want to sit around all day e-mailing chicks half my age
who have no interest in me,
all this while my wife is pregnant,
until one day I get caught and I have to resign and leave the room while people shout at me "pervert".

Yeah, that sounds like a great life!
I'm so jealous I'm not him!!

What a waste of space and money
Good Riddance!
He MUST see something completely different than
the rest of the world when he looks in the mirror

I swear we must have been separated at birth......you get right to heart of every matter and I Lerv it. I'm learning from you......I feels exactly the same way about this topic.
 viper1j
Msg: 39
Posted: 6/16/2011 9:55:11 PM

You forgot about his secret super powers too!

Someone with another slant..

http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/06/14/granderson.weiner.women/index.html?hpt=us_mid

Are Weiner's women blameless?

I get it: A lot of people think Anthony Weiner's a pig.

While I usually take the position of a politician's personal life being his or her own business, even I had to throw that stance out the window once the picture of what is purportedly Weiner's penis in his gray underwear hit the Web. Resigning is (was) the only sensible choice.

End of his story.

Now time for hers.

If Weiner is a bad guy for his indiscretions, what about the women who see this saga as their time to shine?

Not the women the media found, but the ones who ran to the cameras. The women who knew Weiner was a married congressman, but chose to initiate or at least continue illicit communication with him anyway, and, now that "Entertainment Tonight" is involved, want to talk.

If Weiner's a bad guy, if Arnold Schwarzenegger's a bad guy, if John Edwards and Newt Gingrich are bad guys, then why aren't we calling out these willing accomplices as "bad girls" with the same fervor? Why do they seem to be catching a break in the realm of public opinion?

Yes, the men in these scandals all made stupid mistakes and deserve what they got.

But their girlfriends -- cyber or real -- are not all innocent victims. Particularly the ones now coming out of hiding, seeking cameras in the wake of their playmate's public demise. Those are the ones I really wish would shut up. The way I see it, their time to sit down in front of a camera was when the unfaithful culprit sent them the first photo.

That's what the woman who was involved in exposing the double life of former U.S. Rep. Chris Lee, R-New York, did. She quickly figured out the man who responded to her Craigslist posting under "Women Seeking Men" was not a 39-year-old divorced lobbyist but rather a 46-year-old married congressman.

From there, she didn't need Andrew Breitbart's BigGovernment.com to prompt her to come clean. She outed Lee herself. Immediately.

What bothers me is that in the midst of all this men-behaving-badly chatter is the lack of criticism directed at the women who knew exactly who Weiner was and did not stop the interaction. As someone who has covered sports and politics for years, I have seen how women have to delicately manage situations involving unwanted advances and inappropriate comments in the workplace. I know that sexual harassment and misogyny are still a problem.

But the Weiner scandal -- and I feel somewhat silly calling it a scandal -- does not appear to be an example of that. This appears to be some horny adults getting freaky over the Internet, illustrated by this e-mail exchange shared by Lisa Weiss, one of the six women Weiner was involved with:

Weiner: ridiculous bulge in my shorts now. wanna see?

Weiss: "Yea! can u send a pic? I want to sit on your ..."

OK -- I think we get the picture.

Doesn't seem as if Weiss is being forced into anything. Especially when you consider on June 3 Weiss tweeted "@maddow have a juicy political story I wnt to give y!how do I contact ur show?"

It's pretty clear she didn't want to just clear her conscience. She wanted a national audience. She wanted a little fame.

Meagan Broussard, another woman who corresponded with Weiner, has been making the media rounds this week talking about the dozens of photos and e-mails between herself and Weiner. ABC News reportedly paid her between $10,000 and $15,000 to license examples of her correspondence with Weiner.

She said she found Weiner on Facebook after hearing him deliver a speech, so she knew he was a congressman. She said Weiner accepted her "friend" request, meaning she pushed the "add as friend" button, which is millimeters above the statement "married to Huma Abedin" on his Facebook page.

None of that stopped her from flirting or sending pictures of herself to Weiner. And then she had the audacity to end her post on Breitbart's BigGovernment.com with "I just hope to be left in peace." Reeeeaalllly?

I have yet to see an interview with the mother of Schwarzenegger's love child, and we don't even know the name of the woman who exposed Lee.

It is possible to be the "other woman" and not sit across from Sean Hannity. Or do an interview with US Weekly, the way Jaimee Grubbs, one of Tiger Woods' mistresses, did. Or go on Oprah the way John Edwards' mistress, Rielle Hunter, did.

It seems that if you didn't want people to know you were involved with a married man before TMZ came knocking at the door, revealing explicit pictures and e-mails and text messages after the fact makes you just as questionable as the Weiners and Woodses and Edwardses.

If cheating men don't deserve a break, why are we giving their camera-chasing mistresses one?
 cotter
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2011 10:25:06 PM

... a politician who makes his living off of the peoples taxes, who has exhibited the fact that he has no character beyond that of a cat in heat.
This is the type of judgement making level that some want running the country. Prostitution scandals ...
I know just what you mean.

Imagine the nerve of this Weiner guy!!! How could he possibly consider staying in office ... eh?

I mean ... that would be a first. Might even set a presidence ... right?

Vitter continues to hold office even after his phone number was included in a published list of phone records of Pamela Martin and Associates, a company owned and run by Deborah Jeane Palfrey, also known as the "D.C. Madam" convicted by the U.S. government for running a prostitution service. Then Vitter issued a written statement: "This was a very serious sin in my past for which I am, of course, completely responsible. Several years ago, I asked for and received forgiveness from God and my wife in confession and marriage counseling. Out of respect for my family, I will keep my discussion of the matter there — with God and them. But I certainly offer my deep and sincere apologies to all I have disappointed and let down in any way.”

Vitter continues to hold office.

We all know about Larry Craig ... who served out his full term.

Weiner just sent pictures of his "bulging groin" and he has to resign, but the two mentioned above had actual hands on stuff and neither resigned.
 Casper66
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2011 11:13:27 PM
The only person I feel sorry for is the wife, how humiliating to have your husband of a year to be sexting/sending nude pics to various women while you are pregnant with his child. Personally if you are so much of a dumbass, being a public figure and are sending these pics on a public forum then it's your own fault you lost your job. I think they came after him harder because of his attitude during the whole thing, his constant denial until the pics came out, he came across as very smug and you can't touch me and I won't resign, it's just the impression I got from him. The duggers don't bother me at all, except a OMG moment when I heard how many kids they have, but aslong as the kids are healthy and not abused, they can pay their way. The only thing that did bother me is how the older kids become substitute parents in watching the younger siblings when they should be out having fun as teenages, but unfortunately in a large family like that you would have to.
 daffie
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2011 2:03:12 AM
couldn't resist a final observation...

best headline in oz today?

"weiner is cooked"...
 Spider_MacGyver
Msg: 45
Posted: 6/17/2011 4:49:32 AM
Count me in with the jealous nuns. Weiners willing to show you their weiners, esp. online, are SO uncommon AND hard to find, which is so unfair because it's what EVERY woman CRAVES.

motown cowgirl
Msg: 46
Posted: 6/17/2011 5:18:16 AM
If Weiner's a bad guy, if Arnold Schwarzenegger's a bad guy, if John Edwards and Newt Gingrich are bad guys, then why aren't we calling out these willing accomplices as "bad girls" with the same fervor? Why do they seem to be catching a break in the realm of public opinion?

um, because they're not public figures with power & influence?
because they're starry-eyed nobodys willing to suck some guy's c0ck JUST BECAUSE he's a public figure with power & influence?? (do you think they're sucking off the guy who empties Arnold's waste basket every day? hell NO, they want FAMOUS SAUSAGE because it's an inside track to "elite" social circles.) because they are merely pathetic superficial losers, as opposed to being pathetic superficial losers who are actually in a position to substantially influence public policy in significant ways, based on the fact that people actually voted for them at some point?

yeah that would pretty much cover it.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
What does sending pics or having an affair have to do with policy decisions?

never mind. if it needs to be explained to you, you will NEVER get it because it's not really as simplistic as you've stated it. please continue to content yourself with your own thoughts on the matter as being the most unassailable in the universe, thereby automatically invalidating all other opinions.

i'm sure weiner agrees with you, by the way. well, there's something that doesn't require a debate.

alright then, i'm outnumbered.
:laugh:
 4rumninja
Msg: 47
Posted: 6/17/2011 5:29:31 AM
Nope ..they are bad girls...it is common place in our culture to vilify the white male...each woman involved in most of the scandals is equally culpable...
 viper1j
Msg: 48
Posted: 6/17/2011 6:17:44 AM

Absolutely nothing. But in the brave, new feminized world, females can never be anything other than "victims".

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Show us some white high-profile women who are out there screwing around with strange men or having cunnilingus with strange men.

Ummm... Carly Fiorni? CEO of HP during the merger of HP and Compaq. who has SERIOUS cougar issues? I think most people would count holding the jobs and futures of 20,000 plus employees in your hands, as marginally "powerful".
 cotter
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2011 6:19:25 AM

... it is common place in our culture to vilify the white male ...
Show us some white high-profile married women who are out there photographing their nethers and sending them out to strange men.

Show us some white high-profile married women who are out there screwing around with strange men or having cunnilingus with strange men.

Why ask us? Ask your buddy Ken Starr.

Oh wait ... the only reason he went after President Clinton was because he "lied" ... right? He didn't want Clinton out of office ... or anything like that ... right?
 matchlight
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2011 7:42:28 AM

He didn't want Clinton out of office ... or anything like that ... right?

Who cares what his motives were? Nothing wrong in the least with impeaching an official because you want him out of office. You don't need much reason except that you don't like him. It's more like a vote of no confidence in a parliamentary system than a conviction in court.

And no one needed a reason to want this sorry person out, either. This wasn't a matter of a prosecutor proving him guilty of a crime. It's about lots of people thinking he lacks the personal character they expect in people who serve in Congress. The fact some of the others have been allowed to serve out their terms is disgusting. Both Houses of Congress have the means to drive members out for misconduct.
 shakeitupbaby2012
Msg: 51
Posted: 6/17/2011 9:03:44 AM
Impeachment is based on illegal activity, not immoral conduct.

If Weiner hadn't used a public site as a visual conduit for his poor choices, it may have been swept under the rug. When the idiotic behavior gets out of control and becomes public notice, it's going to get called out.
I agree that if a public official can't make better personal decisions that they may also make poor impersonal decisions.
 UnixGrand
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2011 10:08:20 AM
Let this be a lesson to everyone. Technology can be used for good, but can also bury you if you don't use your noggin.
 CVR_advocate
Msg: 55
Posted: 6/17/2011 11:45:50 AM
There is quite a double standard between men and women in these scandals.

Personally I cannot think of a political scandal with a woman in a position of power. At the risk of sounding shallow, I think many of the women I see running for major office are either plain Jane type women and not overly attractive. I know there was that big Sarah Palin fetish people were having but that is rare, at least from what I've seen. So do you think anyone was giving service to Janet Reno? Geraldine Ferraro? Madeline Albright? Hillary Clinton? Sandra Day O'connor? Or Condoleeza Rice?

Men do tend to judge more on looks, moreso than women (or at least more forthcoming about it). Ironically, I think the more attractive a woman is, the more likely she is given a negative connotation in the political world. Think about it. Oprah's one of the most powerful women in the world, yet few people see her as anything but Oprah. There are attractive women who have lots of money, and we tend to think of them as immoral; of course, some people, like Madonna or Lady Gaga, have used sensuality as a primary tool in their rises to fame, which has solidified that view.

Actually, Katy Perry makes a prime example of that. She is a talented singer, but got little attention as a Christian artist (I happened to have a copy of her Christian album, now a very rare find). So she changed her name and wrote a song about being bi-curious and now she's a recognizable star. It may have little to do with politics, but it does illustrate the discrepancy in our views of gender in our culture.

There is another thread somewhere about whether men are "intimidated" by a woman with "independence" and "education." I'm not sure it is so much intimidation/ fear as it is about attraction. Unfortunately there is not much middle ground between "ice queen" female politicos and powerful, attractive women who are not perceived as using se to advance their careers or "sleeping their way to the top." They are out there though. I think Rachel Ray fits that mold for one, but again, she's not running for office.
 daynadaze
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2011 2:48:03 PM
'That doesn't work, taste and what's attractive is subjective so who knows how many men will lust after women others find unattractive. Either women in power are more discrete or get caught less for whatever reason or they aren't doing anything. Besides, it's not like men in general do this stuff, we just get a lot of info about the one's that do. Not everyone cheats just because they have chance. I think women in power who cheat or are doing things their publicists don't want out, are just more discrete on average, and on average, I think less men who are doing these women are as inclined to out the cash (or sex) cow. It is usually women coming forward with tales of how some man done them wrong yet they were willingly doing things with him. But of curse that's all still generalizations.
 viper1j
Msg: 58
Posted: 6/17/2011 4:55:04 PM

It's pretty simple really.................if you're involved? You're INVOLVED until you aren't! Don't be a weiner and think you won't be called out!

And people will try to revoke your super powers..
 cotter
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2011 8:18:48 PM

But in the brave, new feminized world, females can never be anything other than "victims".
Seems to me that if men could keep their "willies" in the barn and the barn door shut (or even just their zippers up) they might not set themselves up for vilification ... eh?

Show us some white high-profile women who are out there screwing around with strange men or having cunnilingus with strange men.

Ummm... Carly Fiorni? CEO of HP during the merger of HP and Compaq. who has SERIOUS cougar issues? I think most people would count holding the jobs and futures of 20,000 plus employees in your hands, as marginally "powerful".
Got a link for me?

Was she sending pictures of her crotch to strange men or perhaps having cunnilingus with strange men? Just curious because I'm looking for some sort of (at least) similar comparisons here.
 UnixGrand
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2011 8:35:32 PM

She went through a bad bout of cancer not too long ago.
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 61
Posted: 6/17/2011 9:23:52 PM
@Viper1j, you said:

Don't you know what daddy Duggar does? He works for the government.

Sorry, but you are wrong on two counts:
1) The Duggars have a commercial real estate investment business and do not work for the government;
2) Even if daddy Duggar DID work for the government, the key word there is WORK. They are not on welfare. The government does not pay its WORKERS differently based upon their number of kids.

I am an only child and have no children (by my choice) but my dad was one of 5, my mom was one of 13 (there would have been 15 if they had all survived beyond infancy) and my late husband was one of 12 (13 were born). Big Catholic ethnic familes, back in the day.

Bottom line is, they are not taking taxpayer money so while I personally would never pop out that many kids, it is nobody else's business if they want to keep on procreating and practicing their own beliefs.

Now the fundamentalist Mormons with multiple wives? When the subsequent wives are on welfare as "single moms", that IS the taxpayer's business. Read Jon Krakauer's book "Under the Banner of Heaven". It's eye-opening.
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 62
Posted: 6/18/2011 7:08:07 AM
Was she sending pictures of her crotch to strange men or perhaps having cunnilingus with strange men? Just curious because I'm looking for some sort of (at least) similar comparisons here.

Nope she as lining her pockets with gold while she screwed over may long time HP and Compac employees.

I met Carly once, on a hittable scale I would give her a 7 at best.

\Bottom line is, they are not taking taxpayer money so while I personally would never pop out that many kids, it is nobody else's business if they want to keep on procreating and practicing their own beliefs.

What if they goal was not just practice their own beliefs but do they best to make those beliefs law at some point?

It is no secret that they have political aspirations, from the dad running for senate to the kids lining up to run for local councils.

They have motives beyond their own beliefs.

So as long as you are ok with people that want to:

- require public schools to identify evolution as an unproven theory, and which would have prohibited the use of public funds for the promotion of evolution-related information as fact

among other things, then you have nothing to worry about.
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 63
Posted: 6/18/2011 11:25:39 AM

Who cares what his motives were? Nothing wrong in the least with impeaching an official because you want him out of office. You don't need much reason except that you don't like him. It's more like a vote of no confidence in a parliamentary system than a conviction in court.

This is the problem with American politics.

To many people, it's nothing more than a game.

Who cares what these people are doing to the public, as long as their team is winning.
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 64
Posted: 6/18/2011 2:25:03 PM

What if they goal was not just practice their own beliefs but do they best to make those beliefs law at some point?

It is no secret that they have political aspirations, from the dad running for senate to the kids lining up to run for local councils.

They have motives beyond their own beliefs.

So what? It is a FREE country and if they are civic-minded and want to run for office, are you saying they shouldn't be able to? Who gave you the say-so? They have to go through the election process like anyone else. If you're in their area and you disagree with their beliefs, then vote against them. Simple enough.
 RubyWaxxx
Msg: 65
Posted: 6/18/2011 3:15:40 PM
Whether a politician is "hittable"or not is completely irrelevant to their job - but it doesn't hurt. It's called charisma. It's incredibly important.
Weiner not only inappropriately displayed his junk, he also showed the world there's a link missing in his brain.
If a woman manages to make it to the top echelon in any country's political system, she's not going to be stupid enough to think she can get away with doing a Weiner.
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 66
Posted: 6/18/2011 5:21:21 PM

If a woman manages to make it to the top echelon in any country's political system, she's not going to be stupid enough to think she can get away with doing a Weiner.

True,but she still can write a book about it, in the mean time! lol

And for those who did not quite make to the top it as trophy wifes, are they still

considered second fiddles? hummm

Wiener wifey works for Hilary,jsyk.....hummmm....
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >