Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 chameleonf
Msg: 59
Electronic CigarettesPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Good to hear! I've just completed my second week and am going the route you are. Started the first couple of days at level 12, then down to 6 now and next juice I buy will be 3...then hopefully nothing. So far, it's already paid for itself - woot! Do you find even your sleep is much sounder? I do.
 RME40
Msg: 60
Electronic Cigarettes
Posted: 11/1/2015 9:49:10 AM
I think electronic cigarettes are just as bad as regular cigarettes. I'm just thankful that I was able to quit smoking about 10yrs ago. I wish I never started to begin with.
 BBEisBack
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Electronic Cigarettes
Posted: 11/2/2015 1:35:04 PM

I think electronic cigarettes are just as bad as regular cigarettes.

This is an opinion formed from Ignorance.... You see the Vapers exhaling Water Vapor & it looks like they're exhaling smoke.
 prairiefire60
Msg: 62
Electronic Cigarettes
Posted: 11/2/2015 1:57:45 PM
Just started week 10 and have slowly decreased the nicotine level from a 15 to a 3. After the 3, no nicotine. Then it will be the hand, mouth, inhale thing. This has worked far better than the patch or the Rx pills. I have noticed that I use the vap less and less as well.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 63
Electronic Cigarettes
Posted: 11/2/2015 6:05:16 PM
-pasky- Since they contain nicotine, I would still say you are a smoker.
Indicate in your profile that you have switched to e-cigs.
I plan on making the switch myself after Christmas.
Gradual step down from real cigarette to e-cigs, lowering the Nicene until I get to zero.
When that happens, we can officially say we are non smokers. :)
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 64
Electronic Cigarettes
Posted: 11/3/2015 6:47:24 AM
Chameleonf said:

what successes or otherwise have any of you had using E-cigs or reusable vapes?

Going on 8 years now, on 0 mg nic going on 2 yrs. I consider myself a non smoker and say as such on my profile. I go through periods of using it a lot to forgetting it. Don't use it on coffee dates and since those have not turned into dating, it has not come up.

I don't react well to reg cig smoke so I don't think I could date a smoker. My nose swells up and my eyes burn. I have noticed that when being out and about smokers really smell bad and to think, that is what I smelled like to a non smoker.

Don't try to give them up completely too soon, you are likely to go back to smoking if you do. helps if you find kit you really like. Mine is Nautilus mini BVC with an eLeaf iStick battery. Finally something that works well. I've been through a lot of crap. Started with convenience store crap and was when ecigs were kinda new. Lots of leaking and waste and $$$$ wasted too but I was motivated to quit smoking so I kept at it.

We will see what a man has to say about it if I get to the first date stage, if that ever happens.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 65
Electronic Cigarettes
Posted: 11/4/2015 6:57:49 AM
It's called vaping. I vape. I don't smoke. Smoke is smoke. Vaping is water.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >