Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Possibly Rejected Over Sign      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 VacationGuy234
Msg: 17
Possibly Rejected Over SignPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)

But you support age as in Birthdays? Very interesting.

Unless you consider people to be harvested(unlikely), it doesn't make much sense. And, the astrological calendar now has two more signs, amazing how things change.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 18
Possibly Rejected Over Sign
Posted: 6/17/2011 3:25:16 PM
Richard, lots of good comments above.
and some funny ones.

but in the context you mentioned...
I think she used that reason just to be nice.
she didn't feel it online so came up with a good excuse.

Starting out...you will meet mostly incompatible women...
and be told by each you are not for them...
in a million different and unique ways.

Don't give it a thought.
Cus the same things they didn't like...
a girl for you.... will like.
probably alot.

good luck!
 scottey63
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2011 8:06:15 PM
I don't put any stock in astrology. If a woman says more than two sentences about it or each other's "signs", my eyes glaze over and my only thought is: "Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs! How can I end this conversation, and fast, and never talk to this woman again?"
 Janet_Always
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/18/2011 10:23:17 AM
That's pretty funny... lots of odd people out there.

But as with any other reason someone rejects you, does it really matter "why"? The bottom line is you keep looking. No BFD.

But then I'm a Sagittarius -- letting go is pretty easy for me.
 thebladerunner
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/18/2011 10:27:54 AM
OP,
It's shocking that in this day and age there are still people out there who believe in that sort of stuff. Of course, that's assuming she wasn't just using it as an excuse (which I doubt, as she probably could've come up with a better excuse anyway)... I'd avoid anyone who is into that sort of thing, and it's a good thing that you found out sooner rather than later...

Good luck!
 UnixGrand
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2011 9:16:33 PM
Zodiacs are very important because some aren't compatible.

I have to agree. It's not that I find this a stupid game to play. I found the zodiac plays a part in the way people act, feel, and receive....... It's a sense of being. I was skeptical at first, but I realized that it does have significance. I noticed I really didn't get a long with certain signs. Now I know all of you may think I am crazy.... But it's like how long an egg is cooked. Some like a three minute egg. Some like it cooked longer. Some like it less. That's how I think that horoscopes work. Ok... I am ready for my flogging.... let me have it.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/19/2011 12:31:54 PM
^^^
Oh you will get a flogging for sure.
But I'll take some heat too, cus I agree.
I am a Libra, so naturally would agree.
We are the second silly sign of the zodiac.
so it's expected.

I don't get worked up over the ins and outs of it,
but generally month born does give one certain aspects.

Not make or break.
Just stuff to enjoy or work around in someone we date.
 pinkoleander
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/19/2011 2:34:07 PM
How silly of her. I don't believe in all that nonsense. But I'll never ever ever ever date another Scorpio.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/21/2011 3:04:06 PM
^^^
heheh
Take note fellow members of the guy team.
That is the proper attitude to move the ball down the field.
 mselissa
Msg: 26
Posted: 6/21/2011 3:42:24 PM
Sign compatibility is real i dont care if other people think its silly or not. i dont follow astrology heavily and never read horoscopes, but i will NEVER get with an Aries... tried with a few and it just doesnt work. Certain signs really dont mesh well
 icboobs
Msg: 27
Posted: 6/24/2011 5:20:49 AM
She lied. If she took astrological signs that seriously, she would have noticed that you were a Pisces the very moment she visited your profile, or she would have brought it up a lot sooner. It seems that you are timid and that your way of approaching women is to spend an enormous amount of time online or on the phone finding out all the things that you two have in common, because you are afraid of rejection and you want to be sure that she knows everything about you first. She, on the other hand, isn't thinking about going the distance, as sowrite said. She just wants to go on a date and have fun, and after a while it becomes clear to her that you are just a nice, insecure person. I think that you dodged the bullet, because 1.) she lied and 2.) she could have just been more assertive and asked "when are you going to take me out?" We can't read their minds. Well we can, but it takes experience. And if you had so much in common, she would have fought harder to make something happen; but obviously you were disposable, and she has already moved on to the next guy who can give her a thrill ride. My advice to you is to spend less time talking and more time doing. Be a man of action. Then when another girl comes around, you can skip first base, or whatever base excessive talking is, and skip to kissing and holding hands.
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/24/2011 1:24:37 PM
Kid she did you a favor , she's a level 3 maybe a level 2 whack job, I dont believe in this zodiac crap, I remember this woman saying to me when I first joined, that she and I couldn't date because our signs were compatible, I thought WTF? and this is why I dont date Whack jobs.
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/24/2011 2:41:16 PM
Richard, I don't think you even met this woman.

Individuals will tell you anything.
You have no idea what this woman was like ... let alone know if she was actually a woman.

I think your issue is that you are 22 and have never been in a relationship.

You will do better in real life.
Join some groups.
Do things that you find interesting, and you will find others who are doing the same thing that you are doing ... and having a good time.
Go out more.
Meet more people.
It will serve you better.
 scottey63
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2011 4:11:24 PM
I'd be happy to be rejcted because of my sign, because then I would know that the woman is batsh!t crazy enough to give that much (or any) creedence to astrology.
 JRodriguez81
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/24/2011 5:12:18 PM
Im sorry but anyone that would throw that nonsense around at me, would just be brushed off as a whacky freak, following along with nonsensical mumbo jumbo.

Seriously, she would have gotten made fun of. Dont sweat it.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Possibly Rejected Over Sign