Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Tattoo of his ex-wife!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TDH49
Msg: 51
Tattoo of his ex-wife!Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Some people are so quick to add their judgmental two cents that they don't even bother making an informed comment.
Translation= Everybody that disagreed with me need to find someplace else to post because I really don't want to hear from any of you. If you disagree with me then obviously you must be judgemental. I am after all right and you are obviously not entitled to have a different opinion.

But then there are others who are really helpful, so thank you!
Translation=If you agree with my point of view then we are good, and I view your opinion as "helpful" . Everybody else can go take a long walk off a short plank because I could care less about your opinion.
 foreverstacey
Msg: 52
Tattoo of his ex-wife!
Posted: 6/17/2011 10:17:15 AM
I see my boyfriends back all the time too... good thing he has no tattoos. But really, you aren't only naked when you're having sex... that would be boring. Also, sometimes my bf walks around without a shirt on (because its hot out and its SUMMER!!!) and sometimes he even is infront of me and i can see his back.. its so crazy.
 Kitten189
Msg: 53
Tattoo of his ex-wife!
Posted: 6/17/2011 10:18:35 AM
Im really sqeamish,Op,so i dont think i could ask my guy to go through the agony of having it removed.
Also,it'd be hellishly expensive...........
So,id just deal with it as best i could......
 RushLuv
Msg: 54
Tattoo of his ex-wife!
Posted: 6/17/2011 10:31:08 AM
Tsk tsk. This is yet another reminder why I would NEVER get a tattoo of my significant other, I couldn't care less how small the tatt is.

Couples get these tatts, end up splitting up and then are left to deal with ink of their ex that is still in the way. I know ex couples who either had the tatt removed, or changed to something else.

Shall you guys' relationship continue in the long run, and he hasn't yet gotten rid of the tatt, I would just bring it up to him.
 UnixGrand
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Tattoo of his ex-wife!
Posted: 6/17/2011 11:41:27 AM
My ex-wife was always pushing to have my initials on her back, and her name on my arm. I bet she is loving me for talking her out of it. As well as her name not appearing on my arm.
 Janet_Always
Msg: 56
Tattoo of his ex-wife!
Posted: 6/17/2011 12:07:14 PM
I think you need to stop driving yourself nuts about some decision he made a long time ago... the important thing is how do you two get along now?

Get a sense of humor about it... instead of feeling threatened.
 ThatGuy1082
Msg: 57
Tattoo of his ex-wife!
Posted: 6/17/2011 12:12:23 PM
Good money wasted on a self imposed, invasive permanent scar with more than just ink leaving an impresion. I'd tell him. Bet he's thought about removing it several times, but that would leave another scar, cost money and be painful to boot. Hmmm. Just another reason to think logically and sleep on it before gettiong a tattoo I suppose.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 58
Tattoo of his ex-wife!
Posted: 6/17/2011 12:19:16 PM
LOL...reminds me of a meet n greet I had...actually second coffee...anyway, she had a tat from wrist to inside elbow...new...I took one look at that n said "self-we're outta here."

So, for "me" a discrete butterfly/flower/heart...ect...small...on a woman..is ok...but, a giant tattoo statement isn't working for me...and a tramp-stamp...ROFLMAO....not gonna happen in this lifetime...

So, the OP's B/F has a tat of the ex's face on his back...this is exactly why I tell the kids a paste on tattoo is OK...cause it washes off....the other kind...yer gonna live with the rest of your life.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 59
Tattoo of his ex-wife!
Posted: 6/17/2011 3:54:56 PM
Well good for him in having it covered up.
painful... but probably worth it from his perspective.

... however a mischievous thought occurred to me.
and being on the guy team I shouldn't mention it.
but when he's at the tattoo parlor...
have him put one of you on the other side.
heheh

That way if things don't pan out....
it will be the next girl's headache.
:-P
 RUFunny
Msg: 60
Tattoo of his ex-wife!
Posted: 6/17/2011 4:23:31 PM
Tdh49, if she's not taking your advice as the gospel, just let it go. No point in drawing it out and constantly filtering everything the OP says; it just reflects badly on you IMO :/

Thought that needed to be said twice.... it's one thing to have an opinion, it's truly another to make slams against someone you do not know. You are the only participant here who has done that.
 RUFunny
Msg: 61
Tattoo of his ex-wife!
Posted: 6/17/2011 4:32:33 PM
I am not a tattoo person for myself, but I think some of them are very sexy on men... especially those tribal ones. Even though I am not really sure what they mean, there's just something hot about them. Funny stray cat... but i don't even wanna look at my own face on his back! Faces are a bad idea, no matter whose it is! I think he has learned that lesson the hard way : )
 Horseguy007
Msg: 62
Tattoo of his ex-wife!
Posted: 6/17/2011 4:48:49 PM
Just take him to a tattoo artist and get say a target tattooed over her face.
 bullielover62
Msg: 63
Tattoo of his ex-wife!
Posted: 6/17/2011 4:58:24 PM
OK I guess this has been discussed and decided upon... and I think he made a really generous offer. Generous to you.... or any other woman who feels that her face is a bit distracting.

Do I think anyone who puts the face or name of another lovah on their body needs to have a few brain cells jump started again....YUP. Would I date a guy who had such a piece of art emblazoned on his body.... NOPE.

And gotta come to the defense of TDH49, though he doesn't need nor ask for it.... I have missed you, my Forumite "friend"..... He is speaking to an audience who, IMHO doesn't care what you think. *as any true Forum poster knows is the only way to survive here.....

Take what he says and remove any feelings of being singled out aside.... After all, you came here and asked a question, and you should know "the risks" in doing so.

He made some very valid points. First and only of which I will discuss is that you have only been exclusive with this guy for 2 months. Discussing something as painful and permanent as tattoo removal/re-working should be left to those who are ingrained in a serious and long term relationship. Sure, I get wanting to know where he stands, but feeling like you have a SAY in what he does is a bit premature.

That said, I'm glad you were adult enough to let him know how you felt and that he was willing to do something that would appease you both.

Carry on.............

bullie~
 TDH49
Msg: 64
Tattoo of his ex-wife!
Posted: 6/17/2011 5:49:11 PM
it's one thing to have an opinion, it's truly another to make slams against someone you do not know. You are the only participant here who has done that.
You have a sense of humor OP I have to give you that. Oh Wait you were serious with this comment?....Just a sec let me go look back at a few of YOUR post in this thread.

Your past relationships must not have had much intimacy involved, because in answer to your question... Yes, i do look at my boyfriends body all the time, every lovely piece of it... in bed while I hold him from behind, in the shower while i wash his back, while i straddle his waist so i can massage him.... Fact is... you seem like it's been awhile since you have had any of that... it must be where all your negativitiy comes from. Sad for you.
Lets start here shall we?

Obviously some posters need some real intimacy in their lives.
Move on to here.

Your responses are greatly appreciated!!!... some more strangely bitter and antagonistic than others, but there will always be some strangeness when dealing with the masses.
Then there is this little gem.

Some people are so quick to add their judgmental two cents that they don't even bother making an informed comment.
Yea lady I am the one making personal slams against someone I don't know. You come here asking for opinions and all you have been doing is taking very personal shots at everyone that dare to have a different opinion that yours. You want only views that agree with yours maybe in the future you should start a blog and stay away from public forums. In a blog you will get the validation you crave while here you will actually get opinions that's different then yours. Here you need a much tougher skin, something you very well may be lacking.
 TDH49
Msg: 65
Tattoo of his ex-wife!
Posted: 6/17/2011 5:55:55 PM
And gotta come to the defense of TDH49, though he doesn't need nor ask for it.... I have missed you, my Forumite "friend"..... He is speaking to an audience who, IMHO doesn't care what you think. *as any true Forum poster knows is the only way to survive here.
You are much too kind. You are always welcome on my defence team, at least I know I'm being well represented.
 LatinLadyToo
Msg: 66
Tattoo of his ex-wife!
Posted: 6/17/2011 6:24:54 PM
Tattooes are painful to get and more painfull to remove.

He could have it covered with another one. This is very common.
 Vannili
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Tattoo of his ex-wife!
Posted: 6/18/2011 7:57:45 AM
A tattoo the size the OP is talking about could cost about $1000 a square inch to remove,could take many sessions and may still leave scarring in the shape of the original tatoo,,,,,,,,,,,,,

A mother advice> I hope you MEN learned your lesson that you don't inked the face of a woman who gave you gratification of your horniness on any part of your body,for it will be a big and costly problem to the next woman, so just be content to have a little picture developed at Walmart and put in your wallet,if the relationship goes south just shred the picture and plush it in the Toilet..
PS. In the height of your passion don't even think to tattoo her face behind your nut for that is part of "Every Lovely Piece of your body, if you happen to have a woman like the OP that she check every part of your body,( I hope she doesn't scrub your lovely nut) it is a big problem, okay?
 tzigane
Msg: 68
Tattoo of his ex-wife!
Posted: 6/18/2011 9:46:18 AM
I think you're dating my ex...lol...he has a giant tattoo of me riding a bull (holding a whip) on his back..I am not sure why, but it's back there. I hope he doesn't tell his next girlfriend who that is back there....! We certainly don't have kids together, nor were we together for long enough to warrant this tattoo, but there it is. I wouldn't worry about it, if you love him then his tattoo is just a piece of ancient history, like a painting on a cave wall...

I, in turn, dated a totally different guy that had tattooed every girl's name that he had ever dated on himself, and after awhile it all became like crazy tattoo wallpaper. I haven't seen him in awhile, but he claims to have tattooed my name on his neck...yikes.
 kayla1963
Msg: 69
Tattoo of his ex-wife!
Posted: 6/18/2011 11:44:46 AM
Well, OP, maybe if he gets a pic of you tattooed, you will be looking at his next "ex."

Anyway, why don't you get a tattoo of his d!ck on your t!t?

That way, when you spoon, it will look like she's giving him a BJ!

Just like in the good old days!

Get a sense of humor about it... instead of feeling threatened.

For real. Jayzus, you must be a buzz kill!
 TDH49
Msg: 70
Tattoo of his ex-wife!
Posted: 6/18/2011 5:14:49 PM
why don't you get a tattoo of his d!ck on your t!t?

That way, when you spoon, it will look like she's giving him a BJ!

Just like in the good old days!

How do you come up with this stuff? That's funny.

For real. Jayzus, you must be a buzz kill!
 TDH49
Msg: 71
Tattoo of his ex-wife!
Posted: 6/18/2011 10:26:43 PM

You want only views that agree with yours maybe in the future you should start a blog and stay away from public forums. In a blog you will get the validation you crave while here you will actually get opinions that's different then yours. Here you need a much tougher skin, something you very well may be lacking.
I was only half joking when I wrote this. Now it seems the Op went and deleted her profile. If anybody knows where she started her blog please let me know?
 LaraBernal
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Tattoo of his ex-wife!
Posted: 6/19/2011 1:30:04 AM
I agree with this view point. Two months into this you are already trying to change him? Already upset about something that happened in the past? Yes, the tattoo is there, but what woman is he with now? OH, that's you. How about stop making his past decisions about you-you were not anywhere in the "picture" when this took place. We all have to accept that those we date have a past. And we are not a part of that past, but that past is a part of them. Look at the bright side-he was committed enough to believe that it would last the rest of his life. At least it says he is passionate about the person he is with. That person is now you.
 Rocketeer309
Msg: 73
Tattoo of his ex-wife!
Posted: 6/19/2011 6:13:21 PM
Make him get a tattoo of you in his chest ^_^
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 74
Tattoo of his ex-wife!
Posted: 6/19/2011 6:54:06 PM
TDH, I guess the OP didn't like any viewpoints that conflicted with her own, took her marbles and went home.

NEXT...
 Miss.March
Msg: 75
Tattoo of his ex-wife!
Posted: 6/20/2011 2:50:07 PM
Tattoo removal is quite painful and expensive so I've heard, it might be not so bad if you would ask him to cover up with a different tattoo.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Tattoo of his ex-wife!