Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Tats for over 45      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 URXO2
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Tats for over 45Page 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Knowing I'm going off the original topic I've just got to rant..
Today at the grocery store a young couple with three children the eldest a girl 10-12 yrs. with a tat on her upper arm..isn't that a form of child abuse or child neglect, who puts a tat on a kid? Is that legal?

I'm a fairly liberal person I could care less if you want to tattoo I'm stupid on yourself but when you tattoo your stupidly on a child it's going a tat to far..IMO
 DivineBovine
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Tats for over 45
Posted: 6/30/2011 6:32:02 PM
^^^are you SURE it wasn't a fake one?

they make them so well these days, unless you look up close, you won't know it's a temporary one.
 URXO2
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Tats for over 45
Posted: 6/30/2011 6:49:12 PM

are you SURE it wasn't a fake one?

It sure looked like the real mcCoy, I've seen the fakes, this was a larger religious theme tat...
 Vannili
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/1/2011 10:13:32 AM

Is that any worst then a 75 year old woman at a nude beach who had a boob job ? I saw at a nude beach once. She looked like a wringkled prune everywhere except these huge boob that stood out like a peac0ck.

She got her monies back on these man made huge boobs, a handsome black guy notice her even for a minute...............
 makks
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/1/2011 4:45:43 PM
ta ta ta ta ta tats all folks
 deere rancher
Msg: 81
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/1/2011 6:18:50 PM
no, I don't think that someone who has a tattoo is "trailer trash".

but it does speak volumes about their character,taste and decisions
 vnufall
Msg: 82
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/2/2011 7:23:51 AM
i don't care for tats either. the last place i worked as a nurse staff was told to cover them, but that seemed pretty impossible on a hot day air conditioning or not....anyways, my 22 yr. old son has tons of them. its like he can't stop getting them, the more i tell him not to do it the more he does it....lol.
 _xxxxxxxxx_
Msg: 83
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/2/2011 9:50:41 AM

A tattoo is like putting on one pair of earrings and wearing them FOREVER. However beautiful you think they are, at best, after a while you tire of them and want a change, at worst, you realize your taste has changed and you'd rather not wear them at all.

*laughs, this analogy works for me! i've worn the same pair of diamond studs for 20+ years, i put them in my holes every morning, take them out every night, they're understated, smallish and blend with everything i do or don't wear ;) if i could have
them attached permanently i would .. like my ink
 Cleisthenes
Msg: 84
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/2/2011 10:37:40 AM
Why not show your individuality by helping out someone in need. Does everyone really need to be so self involved? :)
 Blue-Eyes-Shine
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/2/2011 4:04:43 PM
My body is a temple , not a canvas. No ink for me.
Though finger painting with washable paint could be fun.
 high-energy
Msg: 86
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/3/2011 10:29:33 PM
i am fourtyeight and i have six tats there is nothing wrong with them it show what some people are really like dont knock it just some people its not for and some it is. people just dont have to judge because the are differnt thats what make each person special in their own way and some tats tells a story of that persons life.
 mateo45
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/6/2011 5:56:05 PM
Sorry, but if I really want to know someone's "story", I prefer to ask first. Same goes for their religion, politics, income, family, or anything else of a "personal" nature. Although at least the really "conspicuous" tats help identify who I DON'T care to ask!
 vanityfair55
Msg: 88
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/14/2011 6:09:27 PM
Hmm, so what "does" that say about me? M Church
 Luvss2ride
Msg: 89
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/14/2011 9:09:25 PM
Well there are 5 pages of replies (which I haven't read...lol)....

But, I have 4 tatts (on the back, one on each shoulder, one on the inside left ankle and one on the outside right ankle).....and can hide them all if I need to be in a professional environment. I didn't get them for anyone but me
 MsMicki
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/14/2011 9:18:22 PM

"It's art". Yeah, it is,but YOU didn't do it.

Yes, actually, I did "do" it.
My tat is my own artwork....and it means the same thing to me today as it did the day I designed it and the day I got it inked on me.
It's not a message to anyone.......and it's not a story......but it does have meaning "to me" and I've never felt it necessary to explain it to anyone.
 newbeginnings460
Msg: 91
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/15/2011 2:46:48 PM
I love tattoos on a man...some better than others depending on how many, where they are placed and who did the artwork.

I hate them anywhere on a woman. I grew up teaching and studying dance. Any tattoo on a woman breaks up the natural flow of the lines I see when I look at a woman's body.
 Seakytten
Msg: 92
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/15/2011 4:19:42 PM
OP, I don't have any tats right now but I'm turning 53 in a few days and am seriously thinking of getting a tat of a mermaid AND a belly ring too! If I do then it will remind me to keep up those 100 sit-ups I do on a daily basis.

The mermaid tat would be just for fun. :) I used to think I would never get a tat but some of them are very attractive and tasteful.

Kytten
 Kurt2012
Msg: 93
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/15/2011 11:39:25 PM
Do it....but do the situps to keep in shape. Whether I see a saggy body with a tat or "just a saggy body", it makes me think the person did not stay in shape. It has nothing to do with the tat. Loads of older people with tats at my workplace too; no one says anything. The only criticism that will occur at our workplace is job performance.
 sweetone1957
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/15/2011 11:54:44 PM
I AM OVER 50 AND JUST RECENTLY ENDDED A RELATIONSHIP WITH A MAN WITH ALOT OF SEXUAL BASED TATS....COULNT GO SWIMMING WITH HIM FOR FEAR OF A CHILD SEEING THEM OR A WOMAN BEING OFFENDED.COVER THEM UP!!!
 vanityfair55
Msg: 95
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/16/2011 6:41:02 AM
What does it matter everyones skin will sag to some degree when older tattoo or not,really doesn't have alot to do with staying in shape.The only thing I don't like is the all black tattoos after years blend into a blob but it still wouldn't stop me from dating someone,but wait an ex'es name tattooed on prob would!
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 96
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/16/2011 10:38:20 AM

I AM OVER 50 AND JUST RECENTLY ENDDED A RELATIONSHIP WITH A MAN WITH ALOT OF SEXUAL BASED TATS....COULNT GO SWIMMING WITH HIM FOR FEAR OF A CHILD SEEING THEM OR A WOMAN BEING OFFENDED.COVER THEM UP!!!

This, to me, means you weren't with the right man for you. People who worry about what others think shouldn't be with someone that truly doesn't care what others think.

~OT~ I have three. I don't show-case them, but every once in a while I do have one that's visible. My SO on the other hand? He's got a number of tats, a branding, and scarring from scalpel body modification (all on his arms.) He's comfortable with them showing and the attention these things get and if he's comfortable with that ~ I'm good with it, also. People are really curious about what his modifications mean, and are really quite interested to know how it's done (icky/bloody/painful as it is.) I don't care what others think. If someone is opposed to his modifications or to my tattoos? They can just look away. Just like I look away when I see something that doesn't set well with me. JMO
 happybunny8
Msg: 97
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/16/2011 11:09:04 AM
If you see tats on Rock stars, actresses etc you're more likely to perceive them as sexy, attractive etc...

Not everyone grew up with celebrities as role models. I was lucky to have a real life person. Sadly, not many people do and the amount of folks who worship celebrities is in abundance.

Why else would magazines like People still be around? There are countless threads where at least one person has to compare or refer to celebrities.

I actually view each person and each tat separately. I saw a woman with a tat on the bus yesterday and it was ugly. I saw another woman with a few tats and found it suited her quite well and looked good.

I'm not sure whether I agree that is an expression of self, or rather a style, but in some instances the style looks pretty good.

I would suggest HIV testing for anyone who gets a tat, just to be sure. But just like sex, it's not a reason NOT to get a tat.

I'm neither for or against. I consider myself easy going about it.

People are really curious about what his modifications mean, and are really quite interested to know how it's done (icky/bloody/painful as it is.)

I would count myself in that group. But I'm curious in general about human behaviour. To me it would be a great conversation!
 Seakytten
Msg: 98
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/17/2011 6:50:50 AM

Do it....but do the situps to keep in shape. Whether I see a saggy body with a tat or "just a saggy body", it makes me think the person did not stay in shape. It has nothing to do with the tat.

I agree and I've always worked myself to a frazzle to stay in shape but I've also seen women on the beach with a belly ring that nearly touches their KNEES because of their fat. ugh. I NEVER want to look like that.

On topic~I think a small, well done tat of a mermaid is beautiful and would depict my true spirit. I'm just not sure where to put it. On the back of my shoulder or my ankle..I was thinking of having it put on my hip.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Kytten
 vanityfair55
Msg: 99
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/17/2011 3:24:50 PM
I vote hip, as I have a few and the one on my shoulder I never see,the one on my ankle hurt really bad-but daughter has one on top of foot she "said" wasn't too painful,mine wraps around the ankle.
 HarleeBreeze
Msg: 100
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/18/2011 8:17:33 AM
Gees... I've lived with the " assumption" that we are of a free will, and that decisions we make are our own? and thus should not engage judgement from others.

Unless your Jeffrey Dahmer... Or little Miss Anthony...
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Tats for over 45