Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Tats for over 45      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mateo45
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Tats for over 45Page 5 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
"Free will".... of course. But "free of judgments"? Good luck with that one (unless maybe you're the type who doesn't bother to read the profiles)!
 Darkbutcomely
Msg: 102
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/18/2011 10:58:40 AM

I work in a professional field, and I am not sure it would even be allowed

You can put it where NO one can see it. If you work in a professional environment then you never show you back and lower back so you can tat it all up.
 T_TX
Msg: 103
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/18/2011 1:16:21 PM
I don't have any tattoo's and I don't care for them. I think there a fad. I've dated a few women who have had small, artistic, tattoo's, placed discreetly on their body, but for me and my tastes, they are a turn off.
 southaustingal
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/19/2011 6:33:37 AM
I have one that I got when I was 48. It is on my shoulder and can be hidden or revealed at my choice. And I work out enough that I don't plan on it sagging. However, I was thinking about getting a gnome on my butt check. If it does start to sag it will turn into a dwarf and then finally, a gnarly witch. I mean you can plan to have your tat sag with you.
 Kurt2012
Msg: 105
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/20/2011 6:49:34 PM

I was thinking of having it put on my hip

Well, if a mermaid, then I agree with the hip....maybe inner hip on the low side with a "little mermaid" to show-off in the bathing suit when the mermaid takes a dip in the ocean.
 URXO2
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/20/2011 9:28:42 PM
Personally I see this tattoos phase as a monkey see monkey do sort of thing, a wanbee rebel, I'm a 61 year old Vietnam Era Vet, little impresses me, have owned numerous motorcycles, belong to MC forums, tats are passé relegated to hookers and sailors once again.....
 dkj88
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/21/2011 6:19:41 PM
I'm 48 & still getting inked. With every tat I get, I realize that They mean more than the tats I got when I was younger. They look great! I don't care if they start to get wrinkles. I will always love them! Each one is very important in my life.
 dkj88
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/21/2011 6:22:36 PM
Motown, you'll get old, too! Who knows what part of your body people will laugh at then. Don't be so cynicle!
 browneyesboo
Msg: 109
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/22/2011 8:14:44 AM
Lots of people choose comic book characters for tattoos (I have no clue
why), but I wouldn't say all tattoos look like cheap cartoons.

It's interesting how some people climb up on their soapboxes and diss others
for their choices, like it's somehow harming them personally or bringing their
quality of life down.

If you don't like tattoos...simply don't get one.
If you don't want to date someone with tattoos, don't.
But I don't get the need to put someone down who has tattoos,
or cheapen the importance of a tattoo to the owner.

Do I care what some nurse or caretaker thinks of any tattoos I might have
when I'm old and can barely remember I got them? I don't think so. I'd like
to think I'll have something else important to worry about, or even better,
I won't have any worries at all.

Jaysus tap dancing kerist.
Some people on here really need a life...of their own.
 vanityfair55
Msg: 110
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/22/2011 8:19:04 AM
very judgemental don't you think
 vanityfair55
Msg: 111
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/22/2011 8:27:25 AM
yea thks for the clarification
 browneyesboo
Msg: 112
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/22/2011 10:56:22 AM
I thought for a moment it was incredible that a bunch of adults
didn't know the difference between an opinion and a judgement.
Then I remembered where I was.

I can express an opinion while still respecting the opinion and/or
choices of someone else, without making a judgement as to why
someone would make these choices or how they came about them.

I can say I don't like tattoos without saying your tattoos (even though
they are original to you and have importance to you) look like cartoon
characters, you're a monkey following other monkeys, blah blah blah.
See the difference? No? I didn't think so.
 Kurt2012
Msg: 113
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/23/2011 9:12:30 PM

very judgmental don't you think

I agree; reminds of when I was in my 30's; I always thought I have nothing to look forward to when I age....great....I get to become a grouchy old person..stick in the mud. I was happy when I got to the 40s and I wasn't overly critical of someone's opinion. I just stay away the mud.
 URXO2
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/24/2011 8:06:47 AM
Vel, My attitude toward ink is biased, my ex started getting tats in her late 40's, she also developed a love of barstools and Jack Daniel's.
My opinion is still a woman with natural skin unblemished by ink is far more beautiful than faded tats..
OP, Karma, you're lovely the way you are, don't blemish that beautiful skin...
 KAKI3152
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/24/2011 8:25:58 AM
What still amazes me is the poor choice people make in getting tatoos. In the ten-15 years or so that "tats" have become in, I have seen some truly horrendous choices. Some recent examples
1) The manager at the Auto Store who had his wife's name tattoed on his neck in long flowing script. He said "I can never get a divorce.",laughing.
2) The young girl who had a long marijuana leaf tattoed on her leg. Had to wear long dresses to jobs
3) the gorgeous woman I met on a cruise who had a full eagle tattoed over all her back.
4) the way over 40 woman who had a large, garish tattoo on her arm.

I could go on and on but I'm grateful that I have never had a tatoo nor do I have any desire to get one. I'm also wonder about what etiquete to follow in meeting people with garish tattoos. Should I stare at them, make an observation or just ignore them altogether, like I would someone with a large wart?
 LargoMaNonTroppo
Msg: 116
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/24/2011 9:07:50 AM
OK not all tats are created equal. Again beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I might think someone wears garish ties, they might love them. OK it's not on their body for eternity, but still, its an opinion.

I have one tat, it is deeply meaningful to me, and I see it daily. It can be covered easily. It's my choice and if someone doesnt like it well I dont really care.

Yes having tats is more mainstream now. It may be considered a passing fad, or it may turn out to be something people continue to do more and more.

I just dont get why people feel the need to denigrate others for their choices. You dont like the look of a tatoo on someone? Fine. But people's choice of words are significant, especially online where all we have are words.
 vanityfair55
Msg: 117
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/24/2011 9:54:39 AM
I have several tats a couple of them I really don't care for now,but at the time it was very important to me.That being said they don't concern me enough to remove them and if someone judges me for them,I wouldn't want them in my life anyway.
 normaldude
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/24/2011 7:02:02 PM
its your body but our skin is there for a reason and seems to be ok before all the grafitti is applied. Every few months there is a news story for some tattoo parlor triggering a disease scare due to poor sanitation or weak disinfection or using disposable parts over and over. Fly-by-nighters are also out there for people who dont have the bucks or cant get permission from parents. Pirates, bikers and criminals seemed like the biggest groups a few decades ago but like lots of crazy stuff(remember cigars and disco?) it will probably die out. If everyone has a tattoo then how are you making yourself any different or being any kind of maverick or edgy?
But some are striking when newly done!!
 nativerock
Msg: 119
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/26/2011 7:24:59 AM
Honestly do not know why anyone would allow such toxic substances in their bodies.. However it is their health and they make their own choices..

nativerock
 normaldude
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/26/2011 7:53:35 AM
Honestly do not know why anyone would allow such toxic substances in their bodies.. However it is their health and they make their own choices..

agreed. in this day and age god knows what the hell is in that stuff and shooting it under your skin is insane. Everyone tries to be different by doing the same thing....
 Lolita_LeBron
Msg: 121
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/26/2011 8:34:08 AM
They fade over time and you'll just have to get it done over again. As we age, skin sags so it would not be a good idea unless you can keep yourself toned or get your skin tightened.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 122
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/26/2011 11:41:01 AM
Everyone tries to be different by doing the same thing?
Really?
Who here is original in their ideas? People do things all the
time to "try to be different" and they're just doing the same
as everyone else. Jumping from planes, riding motorcycles,
scuba diving, rock climbing, eating natural food and rocks,
dressing "different", dying their hair different colors, painting their
nails like claws.

There is no originality anymore. Someone got their ideas from someone
else.

Sure tats fade over time, but for most people when they do, they don't
really care anymore. I'm pretty sure old poots sitting around waiting for
meals on wheels aren't thinking, jeepers, I shouldn't have gotten that tat, it
looks awful! What will the nurse that gives me my bath think?
 vanityfair55
Msg: 123
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/27/2011 7:18:44 AM
Browneyesboo,I always love your replies so true
 songbird310
Msg: 124
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/27/2011 11:35:19 AM
I really think its sad that here we are, all over the age of 45, and we are still basing our idea of beauty and what is 'acceptable' on the standards of youth. Ya'll people act like you've never seen an 'older' person with beauty, simply because they have wrinkles or something sags more at 44 or 54 than it did when they were 24. I've seen as many cankles on young women as I have older women. I take care of myself, I'm healthy and happy, and I have a discrete tattoo. Now I'm debating on getting my nose pierced, because I live in a town where its very much accepted. Maybe some day, our culture will let beauty just 'be', instead of trying to make beauty equal youth.

Suzanne
 hooisu
Msg: 125
Tats for over 45
Posted: 7/27/2011 1:36:33 PM
Really, I don't find them attractive on a young body, so I don't imagine they would be attractive to me on an old one. But as far as acceptance goes, I have no problem with what other people do to their own bodies...I consider it none of my business. Tats just don't turn me on. Same with the guages in the ears and the peircings absolutely everywhere. They just make me cringe and look at something more interesting.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Tats for over 45