Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ed811
Msg: 23
view profile
History
can't get onto web page !!!!!!Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Exact same problem here. I have new messages and can't get to them. Can't get into site since about 9:30 last nite. I WAS SUPPOSED TO CALL A WOMAN TODAY AND HER # IS IN A SAVED MESSAGE WHICH I CANNOT GET TO!!!!! Talk about frustrating!!
 Notricksters
Msg: 24
view profile
History
can't get onto web page !!!!!!
Posted: 7/7/2012 5:35:34 AM
Ed - Maybe go to your local public library to gain access, or see if they can?
 CompleteMe2013
Msg: 26
Posted: 7/7/2012 6:16:12 AM
That was probably it because at 3 am I was able to get on with no problem. lol.
 AtomicAngel13
Msg: 27
Posted: 7/7/2012 6:34:55 AM
I'm in Atlanta, and it's after 9:30 am here. Apparently servers are still down. I can get to messages from my phone, but the page can't be found on IE.
 Notricksters
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2012 7:19:45 AM
After going to the farmers market and getting a few groceries, me ( in Iowa) is back on the main website and, so far, all is aok.
 flora2011
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2012 7:30:58 AM
Hello everyone!

I am in Ontario and it is working now, good to see my messages again. It would be nice if we are aware of any longterm Technical situation via email in order for us to stay calm. (This is my openion)

Peace,
Flora
 LikeCain
Msg: 30
Posted: 7/7/2012 7:36:34 AM
I can't get in either and I am sure I don't have a virus. I think there are server problems somewhere in the system
 Sounattached
Msg: 31
Posted: 7/7/2012 8:04:47 AM
I live in Iowa also and I have not been able to get into the site since before 5AM.
 LETS GO BOYS
Msg: 32
Posted: 7/7/2012 8:16:48 AM
i FEEL GRAY HAIRS GROWING....done all the instructs that come up nothing...put in my username and password and it sgoes to diagnose...help
 gentleplus
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2012 7:17:24 PM
There have been massive east coast telecom outages due to hot weather and black outs.... pof I think is based in EU.... when weather breaks you will see possible better performance.... IMO
 erich5470
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2012 9:13:19 PM
I think it is either a bandwidth issue or server issue with POF. for a couple of days I was having problems with POF timing out when accessing the web page. In my experience as a network admin for DoD; this usually happens when a either a server is becoming overloaded or, the bandwidth is too small to accompany the traffic load. its like trying to pour a gallon jug of water into an empty milk jug with a funnel. in order to allow the flow rate of water to flow into the empty jug without over flowing, you must get a funnel (bandwidth) with a larger hole to allow for the appropriate amount of water to flow through at a constant rate. otherwise, the water will over flow out of the funnel (timeout on the internet). It essentially leaves you standing at the entrance of the gate while everyone else is trying to rush through the gate entrance.
I probably confused you even more??

Eric
 erich5470
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2012 9:19:41 PM
Also, you have to realize that we have had major power outages and telcom problems spread across 7 states due to storms and tornadoes this month. If the primary server is out of power, its not going to be online and has to re-route itself to one of its backup servers in which it has to find a path to get there which takes more time to do that. This could also be causing the timing out issue.

Eric
Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  >