Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Big cities vs little towns?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pinkoleander
Msg: 22
Big cities vs little towns?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
^^^I see this over and over again in very young women's profiles and I feel so sad. I never blamed older generations for anything and I think my generation made fantastic strides in so many areas but especially since I've been a teacher for 24 years and watched societal changes closely I blame us for this. This terrible sexualization of children especially young girls. The acceptance of age inappropriate dress and behavior. They really don't get it. They seem to feel pressure to look and act this way then they're unhappy with how they're treated but don't know any different.
 carolann0308
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Big cities vs little towns?
Posted: 6/24/2011 7:32:27 AM
Emergency medicine? I would suggest you start looking up instead of down.
You are surrounded by cops, fireman, doctors, nurses and all types of hospital personnel hardly the people to be referred to as DBs. Look closely at the people who are involved in the care of the people you are helping.
If you are not into club guys then stay away from the clubs. People go to Vegas to forget about their responsible, mature lives back home. Get more involved in school activities, try a new hobby. You attract exactly the kind of people you want to attract. When YOU decide to raise your standards your friends will undoubtedly become the better people you are looking for.
 Kariann71
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/24/2011 7:50:48 AM
I think this pretty much happens everywhere, in cities big AND small. I call it "The McDating Syndrome". We've become a fast-paced society that is quickly becoming accustomed to having our every desire given to us immediately. Some men/women seem to view dating like ordering from a fast food menu. "I want this, this and this, leave this off and I want it in a minute or less. Thank you, please drive through..."

Boundries will be pushed by some so it's up to us to make VERY clear what we are and aren't looking for. If you aren't looking for sex at the get-go then make sure you tell the person asking you such personal questions that you prefer to get to know someone better before discussing such topics. If they can't accept that, let them move along to the next person. You're better off for it. If they can accept that then that means they respect you enough to adhere to your wishes and you can move forward at whatever pace you feel most comofrtable with.
 NonamousDog
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/24/2011 2:07:25 PM
The chief difference between big cities and small towns is that in a small town, the dating pool is much, much smaller. You have to be satisfied with what's available, or look elsewhere. People are pretty much the same everywhere, but not distributed evenly everywhere.
 NonamousDog
Msg: 26
Posted: 6/24/2011 2:08:14 PM
The chief difference between big cities and small towns is that in a small town, the dating pool is much, much smaller. You have to be satisfied with what's available, or look elsewhere. People are pretty much the same everywhere, but not distributed evenly everywhere.
 Here_In_Florida
Msg: 27
Posted: 6/24/2011 2:13:51 PM

Right, either relocate or, if she's picky or wants Mr. Tall, Dark and Handsome, sorry, but they're typically all married to their high school sweethearts (Prom King married the Prom King or the cheerleader married the quarterback, etc)......or spoken for in small towns, this would mean having to reassess their criteria, or perhaps be willing to travel a to someone they find attractive a good distance away.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/25/2011 3:49:46 AM
In smaller towns you know ever d'bag by name and schedule; in the bigger cities you have mostly the notion that most of the nameless anonymous 'Guy Widgets' that you will plug into your equation will end up being a d'bag.
Do you stab yourself with a stick, or a knife ?
cheer up, the guys in small towns know the ho's by name as well.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Big cities vs little towns?