Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Should I Move On?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mr. B from Dallas
Msg: 42
Should I Move On?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I wouldn't cut the guy out of your life. He's been honest with you from the beginning and you two obviously have a lot in common. Maybe you two are meant to be "just friends". There's nothing wrong with that. My suggestion would be to start seeing other guys. Just because you start seeing other people doesn't mean you have to stop being friends with this guy. You never know you two may end up together some day, and if not at least you've made a really good friend.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 43
Should I Move On?
Posted: 7/30/2011 12:23:49 PM

He has made it obvious to me that he doesn't have the same feelings ... "yet." He has also admitted that he wasn't prepared to meet someone he was so compatible with and has told me that he likes me very much.

What's so hard about this? He answered your question...you just don't like the answer...you want to read into everything he does to SEE that he somehow really wants what you want...he never did!

He wanted someone to HANG OUT with...you are IT and he likes you.

YOU wanted a LTR...he is NOT it...

No need to cut him out of your life..just keep your emotions in order...don't say you CAN'T...you CAN you just don't WANT to...

Enjoy the friendship...that's all it is! he whole reason you're in love with him is because you finally have a man's attention who enjoys your company without having to have sex.

to cathysaint - thank-you SO much! so far, you are the ONLY person who has expressed exactly how i feel!

So you just wanted validation and encouragement to do the CHICK thing and ruin what IS there and try to FORCE what YOU want? GEESH!

Women, like you, SAY you want men to be honest and not PLAY you.... YOU are gonna offer up sex to LURE him, he will probably go for it because you will LIE about the intent...then you'll come on here crying that HE used YOU for sex!

If the guy wanted any more from you than friendship he would have made a MOVE by now... on second thought....maybe you SHOULD move on...you aren't mature enough emotionally to deal with a relationship...even a friendship.
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 44
Should I Move On?
Posted: 8/27/2011 5:04:01 PM
I don't think you can change him. He is looking to hang out. You are looking for a long term. You are already too attached. I don't think waiting around for him to change is good for your emotional health. You are really pretty, you won't have any problem meeting a nice man who is available, & wants the same thing that you do, a long term relationship. Women who try to change a man end up wasting often the best years of their lives, & end up regretting it in the end. This guy is not available. It is what it is.
 sugarandspiceandnice
Msg: 45
Should I Move On?
Posted: 8/30/2011 7:33:33 AM
you are beautiful- do not waste your time on this man, he can not and does not appear to want to give you what you want and need.
He was up front to begin with- although he may try to play you when you move on, do not let yourself be drawn back unless he says he was mistaken and wants a relationship.
good luck
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Should I Move On?