Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Profile Pictures      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 smiler36
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Profile PicturesPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
This is one that intrigues me and gave me reason for deliberating about the other day :p

Can you really tell what a person is like by their profile picutre(s) or is it a case that you do not know someone (whether they have pictures or not) until you meet.

I will wait for some answers before revealing my answer to something which was said the other day, lol - just curios really tbh, lol

smiler36
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Profile Pictures
Posted: 6/27/2011 11:02:51 AM
Yes thats what I thought Cinders - but the answer which should obviously be no - was the complete opposite, lol

Lets see who else thinks yes and no, lol

Strider886
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Profile Pictures
Posted: 6/27/2011 11:30:51 AM
I think sometimes you can, sometimes not....

I prefer to see a few "normal" photo's if their main image is questionable.
 smiler36
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Profile Pictures
Posted: 6/27/2011 11:52:23 AM
Oh Banterbunny - thank you - you are along the right lines, lol

Basically, I had a guy who said I was too full-on for him and asked how he came to that conclusion from my pictures, as in fact, im quite a shy person, deep down - I just like to enjoy life as its very precious and too short - learnt from experiences etc - so wondered how he could justify this - he said i would scare him, lol - didnt realise my pictures were so scary

He also told me it was my fault for having the pictures I do - I actually do not agree with him and will not change myself for no-one - did this in the past and it made me into a very unconfident person - which also people find hard to believe.

Everyone is different, I know, but I would never judge someone on their pictures, in this capacity, before meeting them

smiler36
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Profile Pictures
Posted: 6/28/2011 3:03:01 PM
Hey

Thanks for all your comments - has been intriguing reading them all

I found the comment that was made to me, quite off the cuff, etc, strange how he could think this by just some pictures - when in fact he couldnt be further from the truth etc- but everyone is different and each to their own etc, but as long as I know what kind of person I am etc, thats good - righ? lol

So thank you for your comments once again and maybe I will be posting a bit more from now on :)
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Profile Pictures