Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is there such thing as Love at first Sight?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 49
Is there such thing as Love at first Sight? Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I don't believe in love at first sight..........no such thing...........IMO you can't fall in love with somebody by talking with them on a computer or telephone. You can't fall in love with somebody if you don't know a thing about them. You have to spend time together IN PERSON. It's too bad that a lot of people today don't want to take the time to do that.

I also don't believe in the old tired clique "there's someone for everyone" ..............if I had a dime for every time someone has told me that......................

Lust at first sight? Yes, happens all the time.........and then we get posts here asking why they don't get another call after the first date...........
 StealthyNinjaKitty
Msg: 50
Is there such thing as Love at first Sight?
Posted: 12/2/2011 8:44:35 AM
Short answer: YES

Longer answer: Sure it's possible, but falling in love at first sight is no guarantee of a "happily ever after"...the feeling may not be mutual, and if it is, in the long run you may not be compatible. And heaven forbid any of us fall in love at first sight with someone who isn't single...that's bad juju just waiting to happen. I tend to agree with most of the posters that what a lot of us think of as love at first sight is actually lust or infatuation. Real, lasting love comes with time.

I'm sorry that he disappeared, but the silver lining is, it leaves you free to find a man that's not going to run from your love.
 Capn_America
Msg: 51
Posted: 12/2/2011 8:53:21 AM

Short answer: YES

Well, we gotta update for 2011. Soon it won't be love at first sight anymore. It`ll be:

Love at first Text.

StealthyNinjaKitty
Msg: 52
Posted: 12/2/2011 8:56:01 AM

Love at first Text

What about love at first Skype? Does that count?
 gingerchick30
Msg: 53
Posted: 12/2/2011 8:56:31 AM

Well, we gotta update for 2011. Soon it won't be love at first sight anymore. It`ll be:

Love at first Text.

Or.....Love at first chat???lol!!!

You had me at RFLMAO???
 pureaussie257
Msg: 54
Posted: 12/2/2011 9:34:26 AM
Yes there is such a thing as"Love at first sight". It happened to me many years ago. We use to sit across from each other, hold hands and just gaze into each others eyes. He gave up his nights out with the boys to be with me. The last time I saw him he had a sheet put over his lifeless body.
If it was meant to be then it will be. Never give up hope, but don't put your life on hold either.
 Capn_America
Msg: 55
Posted: 12/2/2011 9:36:44 AM

Yes there is such a thing as"Love at first sight". It happened to me many years ago. We use to sit across from each other, hold hands and just gaze into each others eyes. He gave up his nights out with the boys to be with me. The last time I saw him he had a sheet put over his lifeless body.

That was a whole mixture of intense, sad, beautifull and strangely disturbing..."lol in a not too happy but not quite sad way"
 4asongkc
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2011 10:39:34 AM
Absolutely agree. No guarantee that it's going to last, nor that the feeling is necessarily mutual. But it does happen.
 bottleguy
Msg: 57
Posted: 12/2/2011 11:54:23 AM
No but there's such a thing as obsession at first sight which may eventually turn into love.
 A_Gent
Msg: 58
Posted: 12/2/2011 12:47:24 PM
You were feeling attraction at first sight.

That's different than love.
 Della D
Msg: 59
Posted: 12/2/2011 1:51:33 PM
Unfortunately the OP's profile is deleted by now.........

However, love at first sight? NO

Attraction at first sight? Definitely, and it can be a powerful thing! Just don't get it confused with love!
 Capn_America
Msg: 60
Posted: 12/2/2011 1:56:49 PM

However, love at first sight? NO

Hmm...
Okay, situation;
You see a girl, looking at her about 15 meters distance. Your eyes meet, and in a flash, you see IT. You KNOW that you are going to go see this girl, you know that you are going to go out with her, you know that you are going to sleep with her, and you KNOW you will want to spend every moment you can with her. And, you look in her eyes the first time, and you KNOW she is thinking the exact same thing. None of you have licked their lips or flicked a boob at each other yet, its all in the eyes. And it happens. And you stay together for about years, hoping its all your life, but reality catches up.

Isnt that the definition of love at first sight? I fail to see the lust in there....
 Maleman999
Msg: 61
Posted: 12/2/2011 2:56:58 PM
If love at first sight is feasible, can there also be hate at first sight? Has anyone experienced that?
 garvey14
Msg: 62
Posted: 12/2/2011 3:44:40 PM
Infatuation, lust, really strong like. Anything that releases endorphins and makes us happy. Sure all those things exist. Love, real love. Like I would step in front of a bullet for you love. Not hardly. Something that can grow into love. Sure.
 Della D
Msg: 63
Posted: 12/3/2011 6:41:29 AM
@ Capn America: Reading your post I guess it's a matter of a different definition of what "love" is and entails.

What you describe is imo still attraction, a strong one, ok, but does not qualify as what I call love.
 bottleguy
Msg: 64
Posted: 12/3/2011 7:10:59 AM
If I see someone with a rebel flag and a George Bush bumper sticker that equals hate at first sight I guess. lol.
 mdrfrz
Msg: 65
Posted: 12/3/2011 9:28:14 AM
Yep, i was there but she called me ans said it was over. Then she said to fast to soon. I was confused cause we both pussed it. It was going great I thought I had the one. Know she wont even talk to me. It sucks but you can leed a horse to water, you cant make it drink.
 top_hill
Msg: 66
Posted: 12/3/2011 9:29:23 AM
Lust / physical attraction. Yes
Love. No.
 AnEvilgenius
Msg: 67
Posted: 12/3/2011 9:32:16 AM
Yes there is, and it's followed by silence after sex.
 AprilReign041668
Msg: 68
Posted: 12/3/2011 10:20:18 AM
I don't know if I believe in love at first sight. I don't think you experienced love at first sight. I think you thoroughly enjoyed the time you spent with him. You saw the potential in a relationship. You could see a future with him. Maybe in time you will hear from him again. Maybe you won't because he might not have been ready for the strong emotions you felt and apparently couldn't hide from him. You didn't do as good of a job protecting your heart as you thought. You are here posting this. It is stuck in your head and more importantly - stuck in your heart. I understand this completely and you will find no negative judgement from me. I too understand what it feels like to fall hard. I have good days and bad days where I struggle with memories that will not leave my mind. I have tried to find ways to distract myself by dating others and it all boils down to the fact that I am haunted by one. No one stands a chance in the future and I can recognize the folly of my thoughts and my heart. You seem to be stuck there with me. I did my share of crying...still do... but in the end...I know who to blame for the failure and that is me. Good wishes to you and your heart. I hope that you can heal yourself - unlike me. Love & light & prayers for your healing heart.
 4asongkc
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2011 12:12:12 PM
Capn America: THANK YOU. You took the words right out of my mouth. There was no lust involved. The turn on was more emotional than anything. Yes, there IS lust at first sight. NOT THE SAME THING. The naysayers on this thread, with all due respect, appear to have missed that. Free country.
 Capn_America
Msg: 70
Posted: 12/3/2011 4:09:43 PM

If love at first sight is feasible, can there also be hate at first sight? Has anyone experienced that?

Hell yeah. First time I saw Jean Charest`s face in an electoral ad, I KNEW I would hate him with a passion until the day death do us part. Its a womderfull story still going on today
 larissan04
Msg: 71
Posted: 12/3/2011 4:43:15 PM
yes, there is love at first sight; however, it's usually a mutual thing. i've experienced it, and it is very real.
 LyricsMan4917
Msg: 72
Posted: 1/22/2013 2:55:59 PM
How do you explain parents love for their baby, at first sight, they don't KNOW their child?
Let me tell you a true story about my aunt and uncle. He was in the USMC (WWII) they met at a USO party. Now the rules were that they were not supposed to do anything but socialize and dance. Well they loved each other at first sight. They were married in less than a couple of weeks. They were still married and more in love than ever up until he died in 2004. Matter of fact in the last several years we used to kid them for acting like teenagers. He would always take her out for romantic dinners and give her cards and flowers and other little gifts. Through all those years their love grew and grew. They told me one time that when they first laid eyes on each other they KNEW instantly that they loved each other and it was a FACT proven by their life long marriage. Oh and another thing they were young, teenagers. He was 19 and she was 17. They had the REAL thing.
 larissan04
Msg: 73
Posted: 1/22/2013 5:04:25 PM
There is such a thing as an instant connection with someone. There is such a thing as love at first site. That being said, men do tend to be fickle, so it is a good idea not to let your feelings be too obvious until you know that you both are on the same page. Even then, love is always a risk, and if you don't take the leap into the scary dark, you may miss the chance at true love and happiness.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is there such thing as Love at first Sight?