Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is there such thing as Love at first Sight?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 top_hill
Msg: 66
Is there such thing as Love at first Sight? Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Lust / physical attraction. Yes
Love. No.
 AnEvilgenius
Msg: 67
Is there such thing as Love at first Sight?
Posted: 12/3/2011 9:32:16 AM
Yes there is, and it's followed by silence after sex.
 AprilReign041668
Msg: 68
Posted: 12/3/2011 10:20:18 AM
I don't know if I believe in love at first sight. I don't think you experienced love at first sight. I think you thoroughly enjoyed the time you spent with him. You saw the potential in a relationship. You could see a future with him. Maybe in time you will hear from him again. Maybe you won't because he might not have been ready for the strong emotions you felt and apparently couldn't hide from him. You didn't do as good of a job protecting your heart as you thought. You are here posting this. It is stuck in your head and more importantly - stuck in your heart. I understand this completely and you will find no negative judgement from me. I too understand what it feels like to fall hard. I have good days and bad days where I struggle with memories that will not leave my mind. I have tried to find ways to distract myself by dating others and it all boils down to the fact that I am haunted by one. No one stands a chance in the future and I can recognize the folly of my thoughts and my heart. You seem to be stuck there with me. I did my share of crying...still do... but in the end...I know who to blame for the failure and that is me. Good wishes to you and your heart. I hope that you can heal yourself - unlike me. Love & light & prayers for your healing heart.
 4asongkc
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2011 12:12:12 PM
Capn America: THANK YOU. You took the words right out of my mouth. There was no lust involved. The turn on was more emotional than anything. Yes, there IS lust at first sight. NOT THE SAME THING. The naysayers on this thread, with all due respect, appear to have missed that. Free country.
 Capn_America
Msg: 70
Posted: 12/3/2011 4:09:43 PM

If love at first sight is feasible, can there also be hate at first sight? Has anyone experienced that?

Hell yeah. First time I saw Jean Charest`s face in an electoral ad, I KNEW I would hate him with a passion until the day death do us part. Its a womderfull story still going on today
 larissan04
Msg: 71
Posted: 12/3/2011 4:43:15 PM
yes, there is love at first sight; however, it's usually a mutual thing. i've experienced it, and it is very real.
 LyricsMan4917
Msg: 72
Posted: 1/22/2013 2:55:59 PM
How do you explain parents love for their baby, at first sight, they don't KNOW their child?
Let me tell you a true story about my aunt and uncle. He was in the USMC (WWII) they met at a USO party. Now the rules were that they were not supposed to do anything but socialize and dance. Well they loved each other at first sight. They were married in less than a couple of weeks. They were still married and more in love than ever up until he died in 2004. Matter of fact in the last several years we used to kid them for acting like teenagers. He would always take her out for romantic dinners and give her cards and flowers and other little gifts. Through all those years their love grew and grew. They told me one time that when they first laid eyes on each other they KNEW instantly that they loved each other and it was a FACT proven by their life long marriage. Oh and another thing they were young, teenagers. He was 19 and she was 17. They had the REAL thing.
 larissan04
Msg: 73
Posted: 1/22/2013 5:04:25 PM
There is such a thing as an instant connection with someone. There is such a thing as love at first site. That being said, men do tend to be fickle, so it is a good idea not to let your feelings be too obvious until you know that you both are on the same page. Even then, love is always a risk, and if you don't take the leap into the scary dark, you may miss the chance at true love and happiness.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is there such thing as Love at first Sight?