Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > My age is not attractive?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 arwen52
Msg: 51
view profile
History
My age is not attractive? Page 3 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
I'm stuck on the dishonesty about the age on the profile.

Can't get into people who are dishonest.
 deere rancher
Msg: 52
My age is not attractive?
Posted: 7/4/2011 5:13:31 PM
Geeeeez , ................................................... you started a forum to ask that !!!??? I'm willing to bet you had already made your mind up less than 5 mins after meeting him and would have done it reguardless of any forum approval

really........... give us a break !!
 abelian
Msg: 53
Posted: 7/4/2011 5:29:05 PM

Should I even bother reaching out to an attractive 40'yo guy?

I dunno. Do you want to go on a date with him? If so, then ask.
 Vannili
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2011 5:31:13 PM
Hey!!!!you guys ,so her age is different in this thread 50 and her profile is 45, she seem a good woman if I am a man I'll go for her if she lied about her age or other matters,I 'll find the truth dealing with her personally, what she said yesterday was a history,what is important is what she is saying now..It better be the truth,with me......

Sometimes you find empecable perfect 24 K diamond covered with mud.just my sayin.
 Giggles10000
Msg: 55
Posted: 7/4/2011 5:42:45 PM

Hey!!!!you guys ,so her age is different in this thread 50 and her profile is 45, she seem a good woman if I am a man I'll go for her if she lied about her age or other matters,I 'll find the truth dealing with her personally, what she said yesterday was a history,what is important is what she is saying now..It better be the truth,with me......

Sometimes you find empecable perfect 24 K diamond covered with mud.just my sayin.

Yes we get that you also lie about your age in your profile; the point that you seem to be misunderstanding is that for most of us it isnt an excusable thing...we simply are not interested is someone who misleads us from the start especially on something that is a non-issue for most of us. Personally if someone's main picture is years younger than what they look like now I am disinterested as I would be with any company that advertisings product A but then delivers product B.

I don't care how old someone is...i care how they deal with their age and if they lie about it then they aren't capable of dealing with it very well. We all age, we all grow old but how we handle it is a big clue into how well we will handle other difficult things in life; lying about them just isnt an answer.

I doubt very seriously if the posted pic is current so everyone saying you are looking great for your age...then why only one pic?

Sometimes you find a piece of glass pretending to be a diamond, it is normally the cheap band that gives it away...

As far as the guy goes; how does the OP know what his age is...oh yea she is going on looks..he could actually be the same age but just handles it better.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 56
Posted: 7/4/2011 5:45:00 PM
^^^^^^^ BINGO!^^^^^^^
 good_catch77
Msg: 57
Posted: 7/4/2011 7:55:01 PM

How do you know the picture isn't ten years old? She lied on the profile because she's insecure about her age...I would automatically assume the picture is quite old too!

The most attractive thing to me other than honesty is someone who is secure with who/what they are.

Also bingo Jco. ^^^ If she lied about her age who's to say that the pic isn't 5 years (or more) old too. I'm sure if it was a guy that did this the ladies would be on him like flies on cow sh1t. Calling him everything under the sun.

And giggles1000

Yes we get that you also lie about your age in your profile; the point that you seem to be misunderstanding is that for most of us it isnt an excusable thing...we simply are not interested is someone who misleads us from the start especially on something that is a non-issue for most of us. Personally if someone's main picture is years younger than what they look like now I am disinterested as I would be with any company that advertisings product A but then delivers product B.

I'm with you to reinforcing what I'm wanting/going to say. Another double standard if it was a guy with a 10 year old pic saying he was looking for someone "his" age, lying about his age never less, this thread would be long gone by the mod's.
 talldarknshy
Msg: 58
Posted: 7/4/2011 8:04:14 PM
I think we can be attractive at any age, it's all about attitude and looks although when I go out with women 20 years younger I do wonder about alterior motives and 'daddy issues' . In the grand scheme of things I think its all about happiness so if he floats your boat then go for it and dont worry about what other people think..Once we turn 40 and the kids are all out of the house then its supposed to be all about 'us'!
 Vannili
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2011 12:33:04 AM
Yes we get that you also lie about your age in your profile;

Not in my profile too please, It is tough in my real life people check my driver licence see my picture and my birthday they think I am lying too. At the police station group of staffs from the back office stare at me I thought they mistakes me that I did some crime, The staffs at the bank does that too, DMV ect. A car mechanic pointed that he was shock of my age I look 27.... Hey! I am not verbally lying ,my body and face is freaking liar slap,slap,what can I say????? But, I am different case with the OP..

Seriously,

So you figure out that the pic is 5 years old because of the hairstyle ,slipped of the tongue she is 50 ,in her thread, she is 45 in her profile. she was dress in a party black number, and she really look fabulous...Well, if I WERE a MAN that I have a hots for her ,it doesn't bother me what she put in profile age 45 or 50 as long as it is not legally documented with witnesses and sealed."AS MAN "I'll give it a shot she maybe a good ,loving woman, educated ,her only weakness is she is insecured of her advance age.

I am disinterested as I would be with any company that advertising products A but delivers product B.
This is common and it is called scam. The company doesn't care if you are enterested or not because you are not the only one on this Earth ,we are zillions,and zillions who'll bite their craps...

As a woman I am more cautious and alert of a datee's motives ,I met guys OLDER than their pic, skinnier than their pic ,fatter than their pic, balder than their pic , good looking than their pic, obviously they are not photogenic,, what really my concern is what they have in mind, if they claim to be a lawyer or whatever I'll check that out, that their job is not" hire to kill". Wanted, I am not shoving how I run my life,I believe on LIVE AND LET LIVE .
Giggles this just curiousity, if I meet you and I don't look like my picture because I decided on a whim to change hairstyle ,short punky with red and purple color, and a brass color of eye shadow ,kolh eyeliner ,will you consider me a liar ????? Not that it bother me if people thinks I am lying ...
Lastly, to those who never lie in their profile or whatever can stone the OP and me with my blessings..
 Megan06825
Msg: 60
Posted: 7/5/2011 4:50:52 AM

The most attractive thing to me other than honesty is someone who is secure with who/what they are.

so if a woman had a pic of herself in old raggedy sweats w/ no makeup unkempt hair & picking her nose, you'd find it appealing?

i think alot of people in here are lying...to themselves, if they beleive everything that is posted here...just my 2 cents, do not mean to offend.
 Vamperella
Msg: 61
Posted: 7/5/2011 5:53:42 AM
Thanks for pointing that out UFC....must've been because it felt like i was here for 2 months reading the replies to this thread. Seriously.....how many ways can this be answered?

lol...but wait there's more.....ho friggen hum

Giggles10000
Msg: 62
Posted: 7/5/2011 5:55:37 AM

So you figure out that the pic is 5 years old because of the hairstyle

Nope, I am not that kind, I figured she is younger than 45 in that picture, otherwise there would be more pictures of her plus she admits she is a smoker and most individuals who smoke by the age of 45 have the results of that habit clearly written on their face.

This is common and it is called scam. The company doesn't care if you are enterested or not because you are not the only one on this Earth ,we are zillions,and zillions who'll bite their craps...

Exactly...it is considered a scam; and the reason any GOOD company that understands the true way to be successful is to gain a customer's trust so you get repeat business. True some companies might be able to make a profit for a short period of time (like those who post older pictures and lie about their age might get alot of attention online) but they will not retain a customer once that customer finds out the company has scammed them. Likewise MOST men who are looking for a long term relationship will not consider someone who lies to get their initial attention; but you seem to feel that a guy will overlook the lies cause it is a pretty woman and that makes it ok to do.

If you have met men older, fatter, thinner, balder, better looking etc than their picture you should understand the concept that no one wishes to engage their time and effort with someone who KNOWINGLY mislead them. I dare say that the majority of individuals who are online (showing some technology capabilities) also have cell phones and thereby have access to a digital camera ...there simply is no good excuse for old out of date pictures in a profile unless the intent is simply to mislead others about your looks or the individuals inability to deal with the aging process.

Please get this ***********it isnt the looks (or lack thereof) that is the issue***** it is OP and others who feel the need to scam others (waste their time and energy) inability to deal with their age and are in denial about it. No one wants to willing go into a relationship with someone who feels it is ok to deceive others. Saying it is ok to lie cause everyone else is doing it means nothing.

Here's the thing; in their own way the men I have met who had posted out of date pictures and mislead me would have still gotten my interest with current pictures; they weren't bad looking but the fact they lied to me made them downright ugly.

One of the first guys I met online is on here with pictures he had up in 2008 and the new date on them as 2011; and according to his facebook page he is in a relationship but his status here is single. The concept that if they lied about one thing to get your attention they will lie about everything else to keep it comes to mind.

Myself, and men and most other normal sane individuals who are looking for a good solid relationship built on trust understand you can not start with a lie or by misrepresenting yourself.

Lastly, no I wouldnt met you cause I would have spotted the lie in your profiles and realized we werent a match based on that not your looks.

No good excuse to lie, a lie simply means you cant face the truth so while you might get more attention and feel better about yourself on the front end, the back end is you are shooting every potential relationship in the foot.
 TDH49
Msg: 63
Posted: 7/5/2011 6:03:50 AM
so if a woman had a pic of herself in old raggedy sweats w/ no makeup unkempt hair & picking her nose, you'd find it appealing?
That's the person you will eventually see when you get into a serious relationship with her so what if you see that side of her early?. I am not a big fan of a lot of makeup anyway, so a woman dressed in sweats with no makeup most certainly would not turn me off. It shows that she is totally confident in who she is and comfortable in her own skin. Those traits to me are very attractive in a woman.

The OP on the other hand is far from comfortable in her own skin. Is scared to death of getting older. Lies about her age in her profile, and is very likely lying about the same thing in real life. I don't think a woman who is so obsessed with the age issue is going to limit her lying to a profile on the internet. That to me is utterly unattractive. So once I found this out the Op would be on my "No date" list regardless of how attractive she was.

I can't speak for anyone else but I would much rather date a honest average looking woman, than a very attractive lier.

but its no different from guys and gals on here saying they they " athletic" and you find out the only exercise they get is going from the fridge to the couch getting beer and cheese cake, or someone lying about height , weight, martial status etc.
Your right it's no different. But what exactly is your point in pointing this out? Are you saying lying in one's profile is acceptable because other's are doing it?. Fact is any kind of lying in one's profile is totally unacceptable and should be frowned upon and rebuked when one comes across it.... There is no" Everybody else is doing it " clause that excuses lying. Either one is a person of integrity or one isn't. If one is a person of integrity then one does the right thing, regardless of what other's are doing. What's the point of having a moral compass if you can be so easily led astray by the actions of other's?.
 southcenterman
Msg: 64
Posted: 7/5/2011 6:27:10 AM
Hi well i have roughly the same problem with ladies 0f 50 thinking im too old,im fit and still have loads of energy and ambition.G
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 65
Posted: 7/5/2011 6:45:45 AM

Why does it have to be an extreme either way?

How about a person simply showing their best as their ARE today? Not how they WERE...
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 66
Posted: 7/5/2011 7:09:39 AM

But what exactly is your point in pointing this out? Are you saying lying in one's profile is acceptable because other's are doing it?. Fact is any kind of lying in one's profile is totally unacceptable and should be frowned upon and rebuked when one comes across it.... There is no" Everybody else is doing it " clause that excuses lying. Either one is a person of integrity or one isn't. If one is a person of integrity then one does the right thing, regardless of what other's are doing. What's the point of having a moral compass if you can be so easily led astray by the actions of other's?.
my point is , lots of people lie in their profiles and it seems some of those that do are calling the kettle black, Did you hear me or more like did you read anything from me that said I condone what she did? all I said was her lying in her profile has nothing to do with the situation in hand?

You talk about this moral compass as if it was a mission from God, and yet look at some of the threads about Hit and quit and people getting used, where is the moral compass there?

The OP lied on her profile, I get that and Ive said that a few times, but so what? and because she lied on her profile everybody assumes she's lying about everything else, maybe her scenario with the guy is a lie to? maybe she's a guy pretending to be woman, maybe she cooks fried chicken and smokes and she's big woman using her neighbor's pictures , who knows and who cares.

All she asked was , what do you think she should do about this guy? not a get analysis of her profile and character? what's next do we talk about her teeth, assuming that they are her real teeth? its no wonder why people dont want to start threads and we see the same ole crap and over analysis of a topic.
 TDH49
Msg: 67
Posted: 7/5/2011 7:35:17 AM
all I said was her lying in her profile has nothing to do with the situation in hand?
The Op lied in her profile about her age. The Op then start a thread about her fear of said age. And you can't see how those two things are connected? Seriously?

The OP lied on her profile, I get that and Ive said that a few times, but so what? and because she lied on her profile everybody assumes she's lying about everything else
It's very possible that she could be lying about other things don't you think? I mean her credibility is now in question, am I right?.

its no wonder why people dont want to start threads and we see the same ole crap and over analysis of a topic.
I for one would never discourage anybody from starting new threads. But if it's a choice between calling someone on their BS and getting new threads started. I am going to keep calling BS when I see it.
 Yew4ics
Msg: 68
Posted: 7/5/2011 9:19:31 AM

Jco:Why does it have to be an extreme either way?

How about a person simply showing their best as their ARE today? Not how they WERE...

It really is that simple. Geeze, ya can't say anything around here, without someone running with it and being ridiculous. Jco is always levelheaded and a good, simple voice of reason. and cute too. Only 2 yrs younger than me. But far away. And he has a pretty girlfreind. Damn. oops I'm talking out loud.
 Vannili
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2011 9:26:39 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^ Thanks iceman, for using the wisdom of King Solomon..
People lied to make themself good to impress others,they lied for greed,they lied to get away in a sticky situation. ,On some situation they change their mind, what they said yesterday is forgotten,soo they are singing a new a song today.. Words is intangible but it is very powerful it can ,weaken us,destroy us or make us successful.
The name of the game here as players is be open minded, Don't believe, unless words and actions matches and it is benefited to you,* I don't even believe myself if a thought prop up to my mind that is not benefited to me..
Let's go back to the OP, she is obviously insecured of her advance age >>"Iam a fit girl thanks to my gene, she raised 3 boys,and one is at home ,we don't need to be a Math wizzard just a simple 'rithmic we can figure the real age ( if she knock off some numbers on her real age ,for me that is irrelevant,)
" I don't do drama"(in denial) People who don't do things doesnt volunteer." Profession - Corporate,-"Thread: my age is not attractive, "Hitting a contractor/handyman on the job as a client". summary - that is not the kind of mentality of corporate person. But I am not going to crossified her,I am not in a position to be judgemental for I am also a fallable person. There is something good in her, like the rest of us. We can discuss and argue anything , but let's be kind and just stick to the AD HOMINEN, it will enrich our life to learned from each other..

If I were a man 5'2 I may not have the good looks, hunk body, sexy height of jco,iceman,tdh, but I consider myself as a dime among pennies...Yes I got guts to say that....

Ps Giggles, thanks I enjoyed our argument.
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 70
Posted: 7/5/2011 11:12:05 AM

The Op lied in her profile about her age. The Op then start a thread about her fear of said age. And you can't see how those two things are connected? Seriously?
Yeah If she met the guy Online it would be a issue, but she didn't meet him online, so what is the point of mentioning she lied for her age on her profile which he will never see it.

2) I scratch my nuts when I play baseball and hockey, does that mean Im uncouth? one has nothing to do with the other, its like asking directions to Edmonton Alberta ,from Toronto Ontario, Im asking for directions, Im not asking what the crime rate is, or ratios to dogs to cats, the climate or the economic situation of the city, im just asking for directions.

Who cares about her credibility? so she lied on her profile, its not the end of the world and you're not meeting her, I know Im not meeting her so I don't give a rats ass if she's a liar or not, she asked a simple question and wanted a answer and opinions not for everyone to dissect her profile and point out the fact she lied on the profile.
 Giggles10000
Msg: 71
Posted: 7/5/2011 11:17:57 AM
To answer your question Cdn, yes her age is an issue cause she is making it an issue...that is why she lied, she isnt comfortable in her own skin and the AGE difference will always be there between whoever is in her life and herself cause she cant deal with growing older.

This fact is revealed by her lie about her age; that is why other people are saying it is the issue. You are basically saying if someone lies but no one knows it what's the big deal...the big deal is most often the person a lies to the most is the liar...

Life is just that simple.
 warren_book
Msg: 72
Posted: 7/5/2011 11:24:05 AM
I've been here way too long, in one form or another.
I remember 2 threads from a couple years + ago of this exact same thing happening.

Here's what you do.
When he's working in your home, take a shower with him there (not in the bathroom, the house).
After he's done working, offer him a beer, everyday.
Start talking to him personally while he's working.
When he brings his friends in to help, talk to them to try and make him jealous.
Ask him about his weekend.
Ask him about his family.
Ask him about his friends.
Ask him about his hangouts.

Then after every time he answers you come back here and ask us what he meant by his answer.
Then give him your phone number, and he will give you his card...with his personal number on it.
Then come back and ask us what that means and if you should call and ask him out.

And then when he calls in a month to ask if you need anything done because he needs the work, come back here and see if there is any deeper meaning.

And then when he doesn't call or text you back. Come back and ask us about that.
Ask if you should call him to do something you don't really need done just to manipulate another chance.

At least, that's what happened in the other threads with this exact same situation.

Should I just not bother for anything serious?

Seems like you aren't even in a social relationship with the guy.
Isn't it a little premature to contemplate something "Serious" with him?

I'd just focus on one thing.
"Do I want to go on a date with this guy."
And if the answer is "yes" then
What am I willing to do to facilitate that happening."
Then do that and see what happens.

Although it would probably be kinder to pass him by, as this thread reeks of insecurity and emotional problems.
You want him to chase you, without chasing him first, you want him to know it's okay to chase you without you telling him, you want a guarantee he will be interested and/or has no problem with your age and/or it will go somewhere "serious."
I'd say pass him by, and everyone else until you settle yourself a bit.
 VacationGuy234
Msg: 73
Posted: 7/5/2011 11:45:06 AM
OP, don't worry about the age thing. If you are attractive, age does not matter that much to a guy.

THD: It is customary to the point of normal for a woman to lie about her age, you know this. Is it dumb? Yes. Does it bring into question credibility? It doesn't rise anywhere near that level.

I think you have to separate what is customary from what is BS. I wouldn't be expecting anyone to be putting down their correct weight on here any time soon either.
 Vannili
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2011 11:51:03 AM
Who cares,about her credibility ? so she lied on her profile,its not the end of the world and you're not meeting her,I know Imnot meeting herso I don't give a rats ass if she's a liar or notshe asked a simple question and wanted a answer and opinions not for everyone to dissect her profile and point the fact she lied on the profile.

This remind me I was doing volunteer work for seniors , this lady is still 77 after 3 years that I've known her ,what is important is she have that Zing of life and I love her for that...LOL

vacation guy: you are a Prince Charming ,you have a very forgiving heart to those women who lied about their age, height,weight, for you know whom they are kidding is their self and not you,LOL
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 75
Posted: 7/5/2011 12:52:51 PM
Giggles, no no that's not what im saying, We all agree she is a liar, no arguments from me there, but what im saying and I guess some people are not understanding what im saying is
What does her lying on her profile has to do with the guy she is interested in who is renovating her house? that's is my only question.

Unless people are jumping to the conclusion of she must of lied to the guy who is in his 40's and telling him she is in her 40's when she just turned 50.

I see where you and few others are coming from because she lied about her age, and the point i was making earlier is lots of people lie on their profile and im not excusing it, condoning it etc, I just wanted one question answered.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > My age is not attractive?