Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TY0727
Msg: 35
***MMA, UFC, WEC, and REAL FIGHTING***Page 2 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
I use to be a basketball fan and boxing but ever since I started to watch mma I really dont pay any attention to those sports anymore
 totalazzhole
Msg: 36
***MMA, UFC, WEC, and REAL FIGHTING***
Posted: 7/27/2011 9:42:14 AM
it's not "Real" fighting, no head-butts, hair-pulling, weapons use, etc. allowed that people would do in REAL fights.

got the pussie 'tap-out' feature..see how well that works in a "REAL" street-fight??
 martialist_goku
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/9/2011 7:30:45 AM
so true big flick...I once was scrapping a guy in jail (it was my fourth fight in 2 hours) and when I was choking him out he 'tapped'e to let him go. I was like WTF is up with that...did he really think I was gonna let him go? I choked him ou(carotid artery choke) til he was doing the chicken and dragged him to the front of the range where I had piled up the other goofs...I was cleaning house...this one had pissed me off by touching my sparring partner when we were stretching and almost popped his hamstring, and had told me he had a black Belt in Tai Chi...I ended up in the hole and got out about 2 minutes before the first plane hit on 9/11. Anyhow, yeah, like I always say, in a REAL fight there are NO rules, nor are there any guards, refs, umpires, judges, cops, or ANYONE thats going to save your ass, and tapping out is NOT an option.Wish I could cross over to Nevada to stress that to a certain jerk off.
 hard2findgood2find
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/9/2011 11:30:04 AM
I'm still a big boxing and Muay Thai fan...also Tai Chi and jiu Jitsu...not to mention wrestling and shoot boxing. Even MMA has rules so it is NOT "real fighting" so to speak. The thing about boxing, Tai Chi Chuan and wrestling is that they are all ART forms. MMA simply means a blending of them. I still appreciate great artist regardless of their artform.
 dwayne88
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2011 6:15:51 AM
I'll post this here since I for some reason can't make a thread.

UFC on Fox 1 will air Nov 12th in Anaheim.

They will air a two fight speical.

One fight has been announced.

A featherweight bout between Dustin Poirier and Pablo Garza will happen.

The other fight has not been announced.
 Mr. B from Dallas
Msg: 40
Posted: 8/20/2011 12:17:00 AM
Boxing as a sport it awesome and great to watch. I think it is a much classier sport than MMA. With that being said MMA as a business has boxing beat by a mile! Boxing allows money and egos to dictate who fights who and when they fight. That has really been the downfall of boxing (moreso than corruption in my opinion). I use to be a HUGE boxing fan but I got tired of seeing the best fighters only agree to fight bums. Boxing is full of a bunch of p*$$ies that are scared to lose. Mayweather and Pacquiao are perfect examples. If they were MMA fighters and fought in the UFC we would have seen them fight 3 or 4 years ago. We would have had at least 2 rematches by now. They each keep blaming each other for ducking the fight but the truth is they are both ducking the fight because neither wants to lose. In the UFC they wouldn't have a choice. Either they fight each other or they forfeit the belt, plain and simple. Until boxing can fix that it will continue to be on the decline.

As for an MMA fighter taking on a boxer... I would take Georges St-Pierre over any welterweight in boxing today, not to mention Anderson Silva over any middleweight.
 kenpoboy
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2011 6:49:23 AM
Pretty cool about getting the UFC on the Fox network. I would love to see them put on Cain/JDS for that show.
 Mr. B from Dallas
Msg: 42
Posted: 8/20/2011 9:51:31 AM

Pretty cool about getting the UFC on the Fox network. I would love to see them put on Cain/JDS for that show.

They would never put that fight on Fox. It's too big of a money draw. Likely we will see the fights they normally show on the Versus channel. It is pretty cool though that they signed the deal with Fox.
 kenpoboy
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2011 11:17:18 AM
I think they'll have to do better than the Versus fights for their Fox debut. If the UFC fails ratings wise, they'll be in no position to get back on anytime soon. Cain/JDS may not be the one, but I expect fairly big names in the debut. Sink or swim for them now. I'm interested to see who it will be, though!
 dwayne88
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2011 12:52:51 PM
The ywill be back on, great ratings or not.

It will be 4 shows a year on Fox.

And Cain vs JDS is already booked for 139, so there is no way they would book that on Fox, much less on a one hour show.

I wouldn't expect someone like Brock or GSP to be on there. But someone like Anderson wouldn't be out of the question, or maybe Jones.

If fact, I wouldn't be shocked to see Jones on there next year defending his belt.

And I say that cause i'm pretty confident he's keeping it for a long time.
 XThrillhouseX
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/20/2011 9:08:18 PM
They are moving the ultimate fighter tv show off spike and are going to air it on Fox from now here is the article.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24868/tuf-changes-include-live-fights-beginning-with-season-15-on-fx.mma
 a.g-
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/21/2011 7:43:01 AM
Martialist goku....I'm sure every man including myself clearly, would love a roman gladiator stadium like in the past where men fight to the death with shields and blades , No rules, just kill.

Anyway, that's not happening any time soon sooo, MMA is fine for me.
 kenpoboy
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2011 5:12:08 PM
Cain and JDS it is for the Fox debut! I called it, and you may all begin bowing and scraping now to my infinite MMA knowledge. ;)
 martialist_goku
Msg: 48
Posted: 9/13/2011 9:40:29 PM
Sorry a.g. ...I left you with the wrong impression... I was just stating what a 'real fight' is, which is NOT MMA. MMA..I like, both as a spectator and participant. REAL fighting... (like gladiator days)...as either a spectator or participant... I could do without, truth be told. Real fights are not to be glorified or sought after... especially fights to the death and killing. So I guess Im not one of those 'every men'...
 dwayne88
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2011 7:07:28 PM
UFC on Fox just happened.

Glad to see Henderson beat Guida.

And in the main event....

JDS KO'ed Cain at 1:04 of the first to win the HW title. .......................

DartmouthRunner
Msg: 50
Posted: 11/12/2011 8:57:55 PM
That KO was shocking. Did not expect that...well not in the 1st round!

I must say that I did not like how FOX ran the event. Too much flash, not enough substance.
 Mikemiller2011
Msg: 51
Posted: 11/13/2011 5:46:13 AM
I will say this, UFC last night on FOX was an epic fail. 59 minutes of BS, and one minute of action. They should have at least thrown on another fight that happened earlier. I had heard the Guida fight was one hell of a contest.

I agree with the OP, I think MMA is the best form of fighting. You have to have a mixture of disiplines to be a winner in the octagon. I was never a big fan of boxing.
 DartmouthRunner
Msg: 52
Posted: 11/13/2011 7:37:54 AM

I will say this, UFC last night on FOX was an epic fail. 59 minutes of BS, and one minute of action. They should have at least thrown on another fight that happened earlier. I had heard the Guida fight was one hell of a contest.

It was! Thankfully one of the sports stations here aired the other fights.
 HDready10
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2011 7:45:55 AM
i would have had to ask for a refund
 kenpoboy
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2011 7:53:03 AM
Too bad they didn't air the Henderson/Guida fight. That would have gotten them a ton of fans.
 justin5502
Msg: 55
Posted: 11/13/2011 11:16:54 AM
Like has been stated, too much Fox bs and not enough fight. We don't need all that build up for something that may last 2 minutes. This isn't the SB.

I love UFC, but that was an epic fail in trying to convert the non-believers.
 dwayne88
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2011 5:28:26 AM
I'm just glad they made it our there.

Apparently it looks like Cain sprained his knee before the fight, which could explain him being a little soft in the middle. And JDS tore the meniscus in his knee 11 days before the fight, and was on crutches for a few days.

As dissapointed as I was that it ended that quickly, I fully understood that things could go that way with big dudes like that.

It got 5.7 million viewers, which is the biggest for mma on network tv ever.

I'm sure it would've went higher ratings wise had the fight went a few rounds.
 40Golfer
Msg: 57
Posted: 11/15/2011 1:41:42 PM
Watching MMA, how much brain damage are these guys going to have in 5 years? This is worrisome as Cain got rcoked as did Lesnar, carwin and a whole bunch of other fighters. These guys have no idea how much danger they are in. Scary!
 dwayne88
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2011 3:42:52 PM
MMA is far safer than boxing is.

It's better for a guy to just get ko'ed after being hurt than to be given an 8 count and allowed to continue.

Also, the bigger boxing gloes soften the blow, but it still doesn't stop the brain from hitting the inside of the skull. It just makes the blows lighter, but also causes it to add up in the long run in ways that it doesn't in mma.

Most of the real damage is done in sparring. And in mma, they do more than hit each other in the head.

They can grapple and also hit other body parts.

In boxing, they are pretty much getting hit in the head constantly, which is very unsafe.

MMA is not only safer than boxing, but it's also safer than football.
 dwayne88
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2011 9:33:47 PM
Dan Henderson and Shogun Rua are two of the GOAT in MMA.

They are also two of the toughest people I have ever seen.

It might have been the greatest MMA fight ever.

Dan won.

I had it 47-46 Hendo.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >