Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dwayne88
Msg: 88
view profile
History
***MMA, UFC, WEC, and REAL FIGHTING***Page 4 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
If he broke got his ribs broke, then all credit goes to Reem for doing it.

The Cain fight may have also had an effect on his mentality in the cage too.

I think that JDS is a far superior boxer to Overeem, and clearly has the better chin of the two.

Overeem has never been known for his chin, nor his cardio.

I think that if JDS can keep some distance and make Reem fight from the outside, even tho JDS is at a reach disadvantage, he will beat Reem down.

But if Reem can clinch, then he could take this fight.

Reem has some pretty good greco, along with those knees.

His boxing in generall leaves much to be desired tho.

JDS is and should be the favorite in this fight.

If Reem can take this to the ground and be agressive, we could be shocked at what we see since Reem has quite the grappling advantage.

I still take JDS due to his boxing, big main event fight experience, and Reems lack of cardio, chin, and defence.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 89
view profile
History
***MMA, UFC, WEC, and REAL FIGHTING***
Posted: 1/1/2012 12:32:14 PM
I do not believe for a second his surgery had and an effect on how he took those shots

Anyone that has gone through a major surgeries can tell you that your body isn't the same as it once was. He went through a bad illness and a major surgery. I'm not taking anything away from Overeem, but Brock hasn't been the same guy since those surgeries and a lot of that has to do with what he went through those past couple of years.
 dwayne88
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2012 1:29:24 PM
I don't think you understand.

I wasn't talking about his performance, I was talking about the shots he was taking.

He might have taken him down two years ago, but he wouldn't have taken those knees any better.

Those were very nasty.

I think that some just don't wanna consider Reem to actually be that good because he hasn't spent most of his career fighting in the UFC.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2012 3:28:56 PM
I understand what you are saying, i'm just saying that getting hit ina surgically repaired area doesn't help matters any either.
 dwayne88
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2012 4:22:58 PM
And that wasn't why he was getting hurt.

It was about 6 months ago when he had the surgery.

He may be feeling the physical effects of the issues, but he by no means was feeling any extra pain because he was being kneed in the body.

He was feeling pain because he was being hit by someone who throws some of the best knees in the game.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2012 9:02:38 PM
Did it help? no I mean it doesn't matter if it was 6 months ago i'm guessing you have never had major surgery done before, because you would understannd it can take years before your body can fully recover if at all.

how do you know that are you his body. Do you know what he was going through? No, neither do i but i can imagine someone like me that's actually gone through major surgery understands the recovery process of having your body fully recover from a major operation can take a long time to fully heal. You maybe med cleared to do something but that doesn't mean your body is fully recoverd from something that took a toll on your body to begin with.

Ok but even with that said it still doesn't help when you are getting hit in a region where you had to go under the knife to have major surgery done to you body, where it can cause reoccuring pain in that region, but doctors or the person themselves dont' actually know that until that region gets put under stress.
 dwayne88
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2012 5:41:36 AM
Sorry, but I believe those knees would have had the same effect no matter what.

Knees to the body hurt everyone no matter what.

Infact, not only do they inflict pain, but they can knock the wind out of you, and that would present someone with adversity.

Brock isn't big on that at all.
 martialist_goku
Msg: 95
Posted: 1/13/2012 10:10:55 AM
Well said Luke!
 dwayne88
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2012 6:44:04 PM
UFC 142 is tomorrow night.

And i'm hoping it's Anthony Johnson's last fight in the UFC ever.

He weighed in at 197 pounds! Which is 11 pounds over the 186 limit.

I hope he twitches like Lindland did.

Also, hydration will be important tomorrow since Vitor has said that if Johnson rehydrates past 205, he will refuse to take the fight.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/ufc-142-weigh-bloated-anthony-johnson-misses-12-214932854.html
 kenpoboy
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2012 6:59:22 AM
Total domination by mini-Silva, I mean Jose Aldo. LOL Even with the fence grabbing, he was giving nothing to Mendes. Quite impressive.

Johnson got what he deserved. He should be cut and forced to fight at 205 if he wants to get back in the UFC.
 notsotough
Msg: 98
Posted: 1/19/2012 2:27:31 PM

The UFC is REAL FIGHTING....this fact is undisputed.

Happy to dispute it. Real fighting doesn't have rules. The UFC, Strikeforce, Belator, etc all do have rules. Ipso facto, they are not real fighting.
 colt8301
Msg: 99
Posted: 1/21/2012 4:36:17 AM
Happy to dispute it. Real fighting doesn't have rules. The UFC, Strikeforce, Belator, etc all do have rules. Ipso facto, they are not real fighting.

lol, as well as weight classes, watching film of a guy before fighting him, referees, and judges, who could at any moment be watching a totally different fight from the fans and each other.

The best thing MMA provides is if a guy can out punch or kick you, you can try and wrestle him. lol, god help you if he can out do you in all aspects.

I real fight will allow you to do other things that may turn the fight in your favor. like biting or eye gouging
 Truthisee
Msg: 100
Posted: 1/21/2012 12:20:15 PM

Happy to dispute it.

so your solution in Kimbo in some dank back alley fighting bar trash?

I love it when the armchair wannabes step "into the ring", as it were, claiming MMA is not technically "real fighting", kinda makes me puke a little bit in my mouth, especially when they don't think, for whatever reason, the top MMA fighters would reign destruction on your average bar room brawler.

notsotough
Msg: 101
Posted: 1/23/2012 8:57:35 PM
Luke,
You're right that the current MMA organizations are probably about as close to real fighting as you can get in a sanctioned, sport setting where the competitors still have some level of protection from completely debilitating injury.
 notsotough
Msg: 102
Posted: 1/23/2012 9:07:10 PM
Trurhissee,
Actually the UFC and other MMA organizations are about a close a "solution" as I think one can get to being able to show something like "real fighting" without going to the extent of gladitorial games. And I don't think society is going to go for that latter solution.
And absolutely no question whatever that almost any of the MMA fighters in competition out there would destroy any bar room or street fighter out there. Hell they're trained and the brawlers rarely are, so of course the outcome would be obvious.
One does wonder what might happen if say Rampage were actually allowed to just rip off parts, bite, scratch, slam, and so on. Would that change his result vs. John Jones?
At the end of the day though MMA isn't "real fighting" in that it does have rules, refs, time limits, etc. But make no mistake, I am not silly enough to think that makes the guys who do it amateurs or wannabees or anything like that. I know some of them and have trained with them.
 Truthisee
Msg: 103
Posted: 1/25/2012 9:10:03 AM
Actually the UFC and other MMA organizations are about a close a "solution" as I think one can get

so what are you bitching about?, if you don't like it don't watch it.

One does wonder what might happen if say Rampage were actually allowed to just rip off parts, bite, scratch, slam, and so on. Would that change his result vs. John Jones?

does this mean Jon Jones gets to do the same?

listen, I know it's not real fighting, anybody with half a fucking brain can figure that out, but, as you said, it's the closest we have, and I for one will always be a fan.

I know some of them and have trained with them.

bet it didn't feel like "real fighting", now did it.

colt8301
Msg: 104
Posted: 1/25/2012 2:21:05 PM

I love it when the armchair wannabes step "into the ring", as it were, claiming MMA is not technically "real fighting", kinda makes me puke a little bit in my mouth, especially when they don't think, for whatever reason, the top MMA fighters would reign destruction on your average bar room brawler.

If the bar room brawler is stupid enough to try and fight a MMA bare handed deserves to get his head stomped. Especially when there are pool sticks in that bar room.
 notsotough
Msg: 105
Posted: 1/26/2012 10:16:41 AM

so what are you ****ing about?, if you don't like it don't watch it.

Not ****ing and I like it a lot and watch regularly. Someone said at the top of the thread that you couldn't say it wasn't real fighting. I chose to debate that. Simple debate. If you don't like simple debate, you don't have to join in.

listen, I know it's not real fighting,
So there's no debate then. We agree. Good. We also both agree that we like the UFC and other currnt MMA venues an that they are about as close to real fighting as we're likely to get on TV.

bet it didn't feel like "real fighting", now did it.
No it didn't. We controlled what we did, respected the tap out, stopped if anyone wanted to and discussed techniques so we could learn from one another. In short it was fun, and mutually respectful. I don't think you'd apply either of those terms to a real fight.
 notsotough
Msg: 106
Posted: 1/26/2012 10:18:08 AM
Whoa colt! Great idea. Could anyone come up with a way to do something like UFC with weapons??!!
 Truthisee
Msg: 107
Posted: 1/27/2012 7:15:08 AM
Street fighting is fk all , means nothin . actually fighting in the octagon is where the men are separated from the boys and the true warriors of our planet are fighting against each other with the fkn highest of skill!!

It's good to see someone who actually knows what the fuck they're talking about, and I couldn't agree more.

unYOUsual
Msg: 108
Posted: 1/27/2012 7:55:56 AM
As someone who has done both often I have to disagree..street fighting is the real deal..cage fighting is great, but as a cage fighter you know you can tap to avoid severe injury you also know that the ref will protect you if you are choked or knocked out..Fear of losing is nothing compared to the fear of being killed..on the street you can die or be maimed in the cage not very likely to happen...
 The_Solipsist
Msg: 109
Posted: 2/4/2012 12:22:49 PM
My picks for UFC 143

Henry Martinez - sub
Matt Brown - tko punches
Clifford Starks - tko punches
Renan Barão - sub

Josh Koscheck - decision
Fabricio Werdum - decision
Nick Diaz - sub
 Truthisee
Msg: 110
Posted: 2/4/2012 12:39:05 PM
My picks for UFC 143

Henry Martinez - sub
Matt Brown - tko punches
Clifford Starks - tko punches
Renan Barão - sub

Josh Koscheck - decision
Fabricio Werdum - decision
Nick Diaz - sub

damn zug, this just gets me more fired up for tonight!

I hear ya on all of them, 'cept I wanna see Diaz just knock Condit the fuck out, but either it's going to be a good one!

dwayne88
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2012 8:38:13 AM
Nick Diaz is a mental midget.

He complains about wrestling, because he can't stop it. Now he hates leg kicks cause he can't defend them.'

Maybe he would have the belt if he didn't like he was ****in retarded.

All it takes is a smart gameplan, and neither Diaz brother can get anything going.
 Truthisee
Msg: 112
Posted: 2/5/2012 8:51:05 AM
Nick Diaz is a mental midget.

He complains about wrestling, because he can't stop it. Now he hates leg kicks cause he can't defend them.'

Maybe he would have the belt if he didn't like he was fuckin retarded.

All it takes is a smart gameplan, and neither Diaz brother can get anything going.

I agree on all points but, I feel he has the capacity to be a better fighter.

Of course he has to face his greatest enemy, which of course is himself.

Emotion aside, he acted like a fucking spoiled little girl after the match, and I hope he has the personal insight to see where he can improve, if he's even given the chance to return.

That said, I have to hand it to Nelson, damn, that boy can take a beating.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >