Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OneUpTwoDown
Msg: 216
***MMA, UFC, WEC, and REAL FIGHTING***Page 9 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
No MMA fighter would ever be able to stand up with a boxer without being clowned. NEVER EVER... Even the best strikers in MMA history do not match up against a decent boxer in the ring.
 statemachine500
Msg: 217
***MMA, UFC, WEC, and REAL FIGHTING***
Posted: 8/6/2012 2:31:08 PM

No MMA fighter would ever be able to stand up with a boxer without being clowned. NEVER EVER... Even the best strikers in MMA history do not match up against a decent boxer in the ring.

Why stand up?Throw the boxer on the ground and then punch his lights out.Tres simple.
 OneUpTwoDown
Msg: 218
Posted: 8/6/2012 2:50:54 PM
why stand up? The last i checked MMA starts standing up not on the ground.. If a boxer connects one time with 40z gloves on that's lights out!
 kenpoboy
Msg: 219
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2012 4:56:24 PM

why stand up? The last i checked MMA starts standing up not on the ground.. If a boxer connects one time with 40z gloves on that's lights out!

MMA fights only start standing by convention - There have been numerous fighters that would drop right to the ground, to force the fight there - Leites, Aoki,

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f61/shinya-aoki-butt-scoot-chase-alvarez-gif-1115606/

I'm not saying this is the manliest way to fight, but it will give a boxer hell, and if their dumb enough to try to stand over top and punch down......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSYmUtqCYeY
 trvlngman
Msg: 220
Posted: 8/6/2012 6:19:46 PM
Whats with folks. Its mixed martial arts for a reason.
in an mma match all styles are equal.
only reason bjj was so strong in the early shows was cause nobody knew about its techniques
it was a bunch of secret moves. Cats outta the bag now.
thats why its usually the best athlete or the physically toughest guy wins now

not the guy who nuthugs a specific style.

And fyi. Using bjj in real life fight is just stupid. If on the ground go for it.
but for god sakes dont try to go to the ground. Save that stuff for the ring
 boxerpuncher
Msg: 221
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2012 9:37:24 PM
I want you Righthere to name me a legend a BIG TIME BOXER, MUAY THAI, OR KICKBOXER that Gracie beat???Gracie beat nothing but substandard bums nothing special and then got the shit kicked outta him by that Jap wrestler and on top of that tested possitive for roids. Gracie is incredibly overrated. He beat a bunch of nobodies and your silly statement saying grapplers always win sounds childish and foolish.
 boxerpuncher
Msg: 222
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2012 9:50:34 PM
The only way an MMA fighter wins is by dragging it to the ground any other way and the boxer schools the MMA fighter... Luke what you said is really funny. MMA strikers beating boxers at their own game is kinda outta the question??? When There is NO MMA FIGHTER WHO HAS GONE FOR A WORLD TITTLE IN BOXING. Anderson Silva is among your best strikers and he's 2-1 against horrible competition and got knocked out in boxing by some bum in Brazil. JDS looked like shit sparring some amateurs who buckled his knees with right hands. MMA striking has a long ways to go still. It needs actual Muay thai fighters from south east asia to join and actual prime boxers to join also.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 223
Posted: 8/7/2012 5:29:03 AM

I want you Righthere to name me a legend a BIG TIME BOXER, MUAY THAI, OR KICKBOXER that Gracie beat???

Ok then start naming some big time boxing legends that has beaten a MMA fighter.

You can't because each type of fighting is its own discipline, and to think one of better than the other shows and obvious bias and lack of objective reasoning.
 unYOUsual
Msg: 224
Posted: 8/7/2012 7:18:46 AM
All MMA fights start standing a great boxer with basic takedown defense has a great chance of beating a trained MMA fighter
 OneUpTwoDown
Msg: 225
Posted: 8/7/2012 12:20:15 PM

Ok then start naming some big time boxing legends that has beaten a MMA fighter.

A old Ray Mercer made Tim Sylvia take a nap and even Kimbo wouldn't dare stand with Mercer.. Don't forget we are talking about a Ray Mercer who was almost 50yr old at the time..
 JuanG78
Msg: 226
Posted: 8/7/2012 4:34:25 PM
If you have never been in a ring you should never talk down on Boxers and if you have then you should know better than to shut your trap. I was a Boxer, and that gives me the right to tell you that if it weren't for boxing UFC would not exist Mexican's we rule the boxing world and soon we will take over MMA... Boxing is real fighting along with MMA etc...
 statemachine500
Msg: 227
Posted: 8/7/2012 6:10:21 PM
That last Pac vs Bradley sure was crap.Bradley got points?slapping.Never hurt Pac.Filipinos were all in a stunned silence.Now I remember why MMA got so popular.
 AKATD_33
Msg: 228
Posted: 8/7/2012 11:39:54 PM
To Kenopoy

<div class="quote">AKATD - It's actually not that hard to get close enough to do a takedown on a boxer at all - other boxers do it all the time, for pete's sake. You're assuming that each and every shot that a boxer throws will KO a MMA fighter? Come on now. All a MMA guy has to do is get close enough to lay hands on the boxer, and down they go.

As I said there two different sports and were both probably biased with our views.

To me boxing has way more strategy and thought put into there fight
I would assume most boxers going into a ring against an MMA fighter Would constantly be dancing waiting for this guy to charge at him. Which is pretty hard to do on a boxer who are light on there feet going one way then suddenly shifting the other. This is one reason it can be also very difficult to set up a kick. Think of Mohammed Ali or Leonard who constantly changed angles in the ring .
99% of MMA fighters dont move much at all side to side like a boxer there usually going straight at each other like the sport it is ........ a street fighting brawl.

To me I see a standing target coming straight at a boxer but instead has to chase the boxer around the ring now you say " All an MMA fighter has to do is get close enough to lay hands on the boxer " now if he was close enough to lay his hands on the boxer then he's also close enough to get hit right on the jaw !!!!

MMA fighters from what I have seen have a very poor defence specially when it comes to the speed and power of a boxer . MMA Fighters are not trained as well in sliping a punch or blocking one to a boxer this is an easy target and boxers are deadly accurate if they see the slightest opening because in boxing this is what they are trained to do.
Im sure you have seen lessers boxers drop like a lead weight after one small mistake in leaving a small opening exposing their jaw.

All I'm trying to put across to you is this is what boxers are trained to do look for that for that one small mistake and its lights out for the other boxer.
They dont have to knock them out with the first punch !!!!!
but if a boxer see's the slightest wobble in your legs he will attack with a flurrie of punches and you had better be prepared to either slip them or block them or your dead meat.

This is where the MMA fighter loses his abilty to protect himself and for a top ranked boxer an
MMA fighter has no chance.
Now let's put the weight of the gloves into the equation either way the weight of the gloves the advantage goes to the boxer with 6 ounce gloves a boxer could be lethal ,heavier gloves the boxer is already use to them and MMA fighters would not be use to them and would take a lot to get used to.

Even if a MMA fighter gets his hands on a boxer he had better tie up the boxers arm's
or the MMA guy is going to be taking a beating to the body but you make it sound so easy to just get into a boxers range .TRUST ME I would think twice about that strategy if I was to fight a boxer.

I still think the boxer is to skilled with his ability to hurt most if not any martial artist before the opposite happens boxers may be one dimsional but they usually have the quicker reflexes , power and speed with their hands , arms and head . Their reactions to what their eyes see is much faster thant most other fight sports

Again this is just my opionion as I said before I dont think we will ever see the day that two top flight boxers and MMA fighters will ever enter the same ring

This is almost exactly the same arguement as NFL Football vs Rugby

No one really knows for sure but again it will never happen

Im just going to agree to disagree and I am sure you will do the same it makes an entertaining arguement but thats about it!!!
 boxerpuncher
Msg: 229
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2012 6:35:46 PM
Yes, Luke I agree but a Punchers chance is very unlikely when they're use to standing so much differently than a pure striker. I like bones jones, Silva, Dos Santos, They are quite good at avoiding takedowns however in a pure striking match against either a kickboxer or western boxer its a one sided decision or a KO. They are entertaining and deliver quite a show however.
 boxerpuncher
Msg: 230
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2012 6:44:10 PM
well statemachine now pacquiao and the filipinos know what Juan Manuel Marquez and the Mexicans felt when he got robbed against Pacquiao right???
 boxerpuncher
Msg: 231
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2012 6:56:58 PM
That is exactly right my friend. NO MMA FIGHTER has a good defence. MMA fighters either go forward or backwards. That is just stupid since you lose a lot of power when you strike going backwards. They don't outmaneuver anybody or outhink anybody. The only true science there is grappling. The striking is substandard compared to Muay Thai in asia or boxing world wide.
 statemachine500
Msg: 232
Posted: 8/8/2012 7:59:24 PM

well statemachine now pacquiao and the filipinos know what Juan Manuel Marquez and the Mexicans felt when he got robbed against Pacquiao right???

I think Pac understands what Duran did the second time he fought Leonard.Think just maybe somebody altered their hormone profile for a period?
 dwayne88
Msg: 233
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2012 3:42:53 PM
What does Duran/Leonard II have to do with anything?

Tho I do wish Duran was in his prime right now, because he would be super dominant. ...........................
 Socalguy1962
Msg: 234
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2012 12:21:29 PM

A old Ray Mercer made Tim Sylvia take a nap and even Kimbo wouldn't dare stand with Mercer.. Don't forget we are talking about a Ray Mercer who was almost 50yr old at the time..

Sylvia is a total slug...lol Not hard to hit a stationary target. Mercer did KHTFO that's for sure.

Don't forget James Toney getting submitted in the 1st rd via arm triangle choke by a 47 yr old Randy Couture back in 2010.
 statemachine500
Msg: 235
Posted: 8/10/2012 4:39:09 PM

What does Duran/Leonard II have to do with anything?

Tho I do wish Duran was in his prime right now, because he would be super dominant. ...........................

Pac said he was surprised at how much bigger he had gotten....you figure it out.
 equalizure
Msg: 236
Posted: 8/12/2012 6:09:37 AM
Pretty good card for UFC 150 last night, IMO; It wasn't great, but I thought it was pretty good.

As a result of what happened last night, a Cerrone vs. Lauzon Main Event for a UFC on FOX card, say, in late winter would be killer. Okami vs. Boetsch or Stann wouldn't be bad either. I'm not sure how Henderson wll stack up against Diaz, but I look forward to the fight. Guillard should consider, perhaps, being Strikeforce-bound.
 kenpoboy
Msg: 237
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2012 7:43:12 AM
Cerrone vs. Lauzon would be EPIC. Congrats to Henderson, no doubt now that he is tops at 155.
 dwayne88
Msg: 238
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2012 6:36:32 PM
Pac said he was surprised at how much bigger he had gotten....you figure it out.

Are you saying JMM and Duran were on roids? LOL WTF?

Just to add, Edgar won that last night, no doubt about it.

I see a guillotine in Bendo's future.
 kenpoboy
Msg: 239
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2012 4:34:53 PM
Because Henderson's so easy to submit, LOL. Good luck with that theory, Dwayne! XD
 statemachine500
Msg: 240
Posted: 8/13/2012 8:17:18 PM

Are you saying JMM and Duran were on roids? LOL WTF?

Just to add, Edgar won that last night, no doubt about it

Had many times have you been knocked out?Pac said he was surprised at how much bigger JMM was.The second fight with Duran,Leonard was in MUCH better shape,and later he was fighting at what...20+ pounds heavier lean?You from Kansas?
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >