Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Casey Anthony found not guilty      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 matchlight
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Casey Anthony found not guiltyPage 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
^^^^^I don't see how any of that proves that she *murdered* her daughter. Several things O.J. Simpson did after those murders showed his guilty knowledge very clearly. But you have to have some evidence which clearly connects the defendant to the victim. When you don't even know just when and where a homicide took place, as I think was true here, that's pretty hard to do. Lots of murderers have gone free when everyone knew they were guilty as sin.
 cotter
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Casey Anthony found not guilty
Posted: 7/12/2011 9:29:20 AM
There were plenty of people who knew she was drugging that baby and leaving it in her back seat while she went partying and clubbing ... but who in their right mind would come forward to testify against the daughter of a police-related woman? Talk about putting a big red (or perhaps bright yellow) target on your back!!!

I lived in Florida when that chit all went down and the local news was full of information to that extent ... but you sure didn't see any of those folks stepping forward to testify ... not on your life. They knew better. Those people just simply vanished.

Just because they felt they couldn't find her guilty does not mean she is innocent.
 FlyyinSolo87
Msg: 59
Posted: 7/12/2011 11:10:37 AM

There were plenty of people who knew she was drugging that baby and leaving it in her back seat while she went partying and clubbing ... but who in their right mind would come forward to testify against the daughter of a police-related woman? Talk about putting a big red (or perhaps bright yellow) target on your back!!!

I lived in Florida when that chit all went down and the local news was full of information to that extent ... but you sure didn't see any of those folks stepping forward to testify ... not on your life. They knew better. Those people just simply vanished.

Just because they felt they couldn't find her guilty does not mean she is innocent.

I'm sure that in every place in the world there are people with some serious small-town mentalities. "I heard from my neighbor who heard from her daughter, who heard form her cousin, who heard from her friend, who heard from her second cousin thrice removed, who heard from her dead grandpappy, that she drugged her child so she could go out clubbing." Gotta love it. It's called hearsay, which is completely inadmissible. If those people didn't come forward it was because it was a rumor that they heard. Or if the person who said it first didn't come forward, it's most likely because they made it up to get their own 15 minutes of fame. Most news stations don't need a CREDIBLE source, just a source. Then when the information is found to be false, they can merely chalk it up to a bad source.
 Revilors
Msg: 60
Posted: 7/12/2011 1:55:23 PM
What people fail to understand here...is that...she could have shaken the baby and resulted in death. She could have murdered the child...but without premeditation. She could have chloroformed the kid to party and she died.

NONE of those are capital murder.

The prosecution had to commit to which crime they wanted her convicted on. And present their case based on THAT crime. They chose capital murder and didn't have a case for that. Yes...I understand the jury could have chosen a lesser included crime. But...the prosecution did not take that direction. They put all their eggs in the biggest basket and failed to prove it.

Again...the prosecution...couldn't say...It was capital murder...if you don't believe that...it's murder one...if you don't believe that...it was an accidental overdose of chloroform. That creates doubt in a jurors mind on the higher charges. It implies that the prosecution doesn't KNOW it...he's just swinging for the fence.

They should have gone with negligent homicide. I think the jury could have bought into that.
 forumrun4
Msg: 61
Posted: 7/12/2011 5:22:15 PM
If i ever commit pergery...its my lack of vitamin b...stress ya know
 matchlight
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2011 5:53:31 PM

No on can prove she didn't do it either

That's true--but no one had to prove that. A criminal defendant doesn't have to put on any defense whatever to be acquitted.

If she wasn't killed

This girl probably WAS killed. And her mother probably killed her. But even if she did, it wouldn't necessarily mean she murdered her. It's harder for me to understand why they acquitted her on the manslaughter charge also.

Just because they felt they couldn't find her guilty does not mean she is innocent.]/quote]

That's true. I'm sure more than a few people have been acquitted of murders they committed.

They should have gone with negligent homicide. I think the jury could have bought into that.

That's an unusual crime that some states recognize. The negligence has to be really extreme--a reckless disregard for someone else's safety that directly causes their death. If it was available in Florida, it might have been the best thing to charge her with.

The most famous use of that charge was in a case during WWII that involved the Cocoanut Grove, a very popular nightclub in Boston. Some of the doors had been blocked off when the place was a speakeasy, and then the owner had more of them blocked to keep people from slipping out without paying their tabs.

One night when about 1,ooo people were inside--double its rated capacity--a careless busboy set some decorations on fire, and in a few minutes the whole place went up. It was so hard to get out that almost 500 people were killed. The owner, who was in the hospital for something, was convicted of criminal negligence. I think he died not too long afterwards.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 63
Posted: 7/12/2011 6:16:00 PM

What people fail to understand here...is that...she could have shaken the baby and resulted in death. She could have murdered the child...but without premeditation. She could have chloroformed the kid to party and she died.

NONE of those are capital murder.

Exactly. The case was over-charged, under-prosecuted and grossly mal-investigated. It very well could have been that the baby drowned or died by some other mean(s). No one will EVER know the real story ~ and what was presented in on-the-record-court certainly did not prove murder, and that is exactly what the jury stated with their verdict and also what the three have said who have spoken to media. I can NOT believe the number of people who are so outraged by this matter. This happens every day in courts all across the nation. This particular case happened on a low-news day, the media picked it up, and it went from there. The outrage really should be directed towards those who are picketing, making death threats, harassing the former jurors, and those like Nancy Grace who don't have the intelligence it takes to just shut the hell up already! That "sniffer machine" was about the most ludicrous "science" I have ever seen presented in court ~ I mean really now!! People that wish to have a "cause" really should be outraged about things that pertain to their OWN lives. Such as: unemployment, the deficit, the never-ending-wars we are involved in, going green, etc. JMO
 forumrun4
Msg: 64
Posted: 7/13/2011 1:38:20 PM
I am perplexed by her behavior too....why is she all giddy smiling..grooming
herself...but mostly...it was stated she was a model good prisoner...happy
and compliant in jail...i was in there for a few days and almost crapped my pants.
The shear altering on my life from freedom to no choice when i could eat screwed
me up...so just for the fact that she can adjust on a dime is why she should be
beat senseless....she MUST be mentally ill....i must admit that its this reason i am fixed on this case.HOW does she just carry on......
 forumrun4
Msg: 65
Posted: 7/13/2011 4:47:18 PM
I am saying that has been reported that for the past 3 years she has behaved as i said...not just in the last days of her trial....as it may have looked from the get go...she was probably told she would be executed...so her daughter is dead
her freedom gone and a possible future needle and STILL she seemed to be ok
wrting in her book...yappin to guards and other inmates...she wasnt even clinging to her family or getting visits aside from her defence team.

Sorry....she is a creature to study...its fasinating
 SunnyBlueSkies23
Msg: 66
Posted: 8/18/2011 4:30:07 PM
I agree whole-heartedly with Army Mom. I think there was "something" going on between the defence lawyer & Casey. (If you paid close enough attention to everything,from the mournful way he defended her, to the way THEY huddled close together.....and HOW she hugged him in the end......well.let's just say,last time I cheaked, 2+2 STIll equals 4.) In my heart of hearts,Casey Anthony is SO guilty. All I can say is,everybody who has children,or anybody who simply LOVES a child,hug them close.....and watch out for copy-cats!
 SunnyBlueSkies23
Msg: 67
Posted: 8/20/2011 5:04:20 PM
"If you think you can decide a murder case based on what you hear on the news,maybe it's time to turn off the T.V."No truer words were ever posted. Casey's defence liar (oops!)Lawyer ought to be ashamed of himself.........his tear-filled words of how Casey was a "GOOD mother",and other rubbish he sprewed was just that....rubbish. Cry me a river,build a bridge,and get the H*** over it,LIAR!! Her baby girl,decomposing WHO KNOWS WHERE (I heard at least 3 stories of where her poor,little body was found).....Casey herself,partying the nights away (for WAY too long!) with"Beautiful Life" tatooed on her.....it makes me sick. She has NO right to be free,NO RIGHT to a "beautiful life",and NO RIGHT to having ANY more kids! Her beautiful little girl didn't deserve what SHE got....and in my book,Casey,like Scott Peterson, (remember Lacey??) deserve NOTHING LESS,than to ROT in Prison!
 FlyyinSolo87
Msg: 68
Posted: 8/20/2011 6:33:12 PM

"If you think you can decide a murder case based on what you hear on the news,maybe it's time to turn off the T.V."No truer words were ever posted.

Yes no truer words have been spoken. What you see on TV is NOT always the truth.

But then you continue on a rant basically about what was spewed all over the front page of tabloids and local news channels. Take the advice and turn off the TV and put down that seedy magazine.

Her baby girl,decomposing WHO KNOWS WHERE (I heard at least 3 stories of where her poor,little body was found).....

You HEARD. You don't know for fact. This is HEARSAY! You can't go on the stand and say "Well I heard 3 variations of where her body was found and it's disgusting."

Just because she had those words tattooed on her and partied inappropriately doesn't prove she murdered her child. All it proves is that she was a terrible mother. That's all.

She has NO right to be free,NO RIGHT to a "beautiful life",and NO RIGHT to having ANY more kids!

You have NO RIGHT to deny someone else their constitutionally protected rights simply because you are disgusted with her as a mother. You are not the supreme know it all. Besides even if you did know everything, it's not what you know, it's what you can prove in court. And the state couldn't prove that she did it.

and in my book,Casey,like Scott Peterson, (remember Lacey??) deserve NOTHING LESS,than to ROT in Prison!

BIG difference here. They proved that Scott did it. They convicted Scott for doing it. The sentenced Scott to death by lethal injection. They couldn't prove Casey did it. They couldn't convict Casey for doing. They couldn't sentence Casey to anything.

You do realize that your hateful, anger filled words are not going to make time go back and have Florida re do the trial of Casey Anthony? What's done is done. Nothing to change it now.
 Revilors
Msg: 69
Posted: 8/20/2011 7:13:52 PM

Just because she had those words tattooed on her

And as of today...I've yet to hear someone consider it might have been a sentimental gesture about her daughter.

I watched the entire trial. Most of it.

All that was proven is that she acted inappropriately given the circumstances (whatever they were), that she is a disturbed individual and that far too many people attempted to capitalize from this tragedy.

What's done is done. Nothing to change it now.

In every sense of the word. Time to move on
 forumrun4
Msg: 70
Posted: 9/5/2011 5:21:17 AM
ya ^^^^ i second that

and even if she is a piece of dung...i might watch or buy her crap just because
i am curious...then...if it is just a bunch of reguritated bunk...i will
have more incentive to beat her up

gosh...i am running out of reasons to deprise people and vent
 Revilors
Msg: 71
Posted: 9/5/2011 6:35:38 AM

but who cares, let's just "move on" set her free without as much as psychological treatment so that she doesn't have another child and "oops - does it again", because "beautiful life" and all....lol

Who said I didn't care or that I didn't think she was a whack job? But...when someone is found "not guilty"...nobody can keep her in prison or force treatment upon her. All the complaining in the world isn't going to change that.

The second that verdict was recorded...it was done. The prosecution should have charged her with something they could have proven. Capitol murder (with death penalty) is pretty unlikely when you cant even prove it was a murder of any kind. Epic fail.

Excuse me if I choose not to carry a life sentence of pizzing and moaning about something we cant do a thing about.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Casey Anthony found not guilty